THE BRIDE

part-time-dreamer tarafından

A cute and simple love story of Dr. Kanav Shergill and Naina Aneja. Daha Fazla

CHARACTERS
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10

CHAPTER 5

60 6 0
part-time-dreamer tarafından

Radhika was surprised when pooja asked to meet her at a restaurant, because she wanted to talk about something important.

Pooja can come to there home anytime, then why was she asking to meet outside, left Radhika confused but still she went to meet her.

After giving their orders Radhika asked her about the thing she wanted to talk about. And Pooja gave a nervous smile and held both her hands.

"Ma'am I know what I am going to say can sound a little weird but please listen to me"

Radhika smiled and squeezed her hands  assuring her "you can tell me anything."

Pooja took a deep breath, ofcourse she was nervous "you know about my brother Kanav right? He is 31 year old and one of the respectable doctor of this state. Although I am managing it but he is also the owner of the hospital in which he practicing as a Neurosurgeon currently. He has his own house. Me, Viren and Arush are his only family. He is very nice and kind person although a little aloof but very genuine."

Radhika chuckled listening to this  "Ofcourse I know as you always told me about him everything as a proud elder sister, and I know all these thing child why are you telling me this?"

Pooja smiled and tightly her hands
"I am telling you because I don't want you to have any doubt, I want to make everything clear to you. Because I want to ask you, will you give your daughter Naina's hand in marriage to my brother?" She finally said it.

There was silence for a minute between them and Pooja got nervous after seeing Radhika reaction.

"Why suddenly.. I mean.." Radhika stopped because she didn't knew what to say about this. Ofcourse she has not met Kanav to know him completely but she had heard a lot about him from Pooja, she knew he is a promising young and successful man, but why this sudden idea about marriage was confusing for her. Seeing her reaction Pooja clarified herself quickly

"Please ma'am don't think that I am doing all this because I pity you. Definitely not.  I am doing this because I think Naina is perfect in every sense and whichever house she will go, she will only bring happiness. Infact I have always wanted for Naina to marry Kanav but I always thought that I will talk to you someday but then you informed me that her marriage has been fixed. Trust me although I was upset but accepted that thinking maybe that was her destiny, but now I don't want to miss a chance, and I don't want to waste time either. Please think about it and whatever will be your decision, we will go ahead with that."

Radhika sigh and didn't say anything for few minutes, she just looked out of the window in her thoughts making Pooja more nervous.

After five minutes she turned towards Pooja with calm expression " I have always wanted my kids happiness and I know your brother would be good because you have done his upbringing but now I can't give you any answer because this decision will be of Naina.
I have already done a mistake, being a single mother I wanted my daughter to get married in a nice house where she gets all the respect and love and because of that I fulfilled every stupid demand of those people. Even Naina told me not to give them anything and break this relation but still I gave all the gifts they asked without telling Naina because I  thought that Vikas was a good person. I did that so that she won't have any problem after marriage, so that no one will raise their finger on my daughter. But everything got destroyed that man eloped leaving my daughter at the altar, waiting. It was his mistake and this so called society is talking nonsense about my daughter without even knowing anything."

While saying this her eyes had tears as if she is remembering everything again and her tone had anger and guilt. She took a deep breath, wiped her tears and gave a faint smile to Pooja " I don't want to do the same mistake again, I won't take any decisions on her behalf. I like your brother for my Naina, and trust me no one would be more happier than me if they get married.  But I won't decide that and if Naina says that she wants time or don't want to get married yet then I will accept her decision ."

Pooja smiled at her "that would be completely alright, we won't force both of them but atleast we should give them a chance to decide."

"How?" Asked Radhika a little confused.

Pooja's facial features change suddenly  and she excitedly explained what she has planned.

"Okay so we have a farm house outside the city and we can go there for vacation for some days, both of our families, their they can get to know each other and Ofcourse we will try for them to get closer and after the trip we will ask them about the proposal. And we will accept whatever decision they will take."

Radhika nodded listening to her and then asked " but will they agree to go to this trip, what if they don't agree for the trip?"

"That is what we have to do, we have to make opportunities so that they can come closer, we have to make them agree." Pooja replied and waited for her answer and when she didn't get she asked again like a professional

"Deal?"

Radhika nodded with a little smile and replied

"Deal."

*****

Radhika was sitting on dining table having dinner with her kids, she was still thinking how to talk about the trip with Naina.

Both Naina and Nikhil were talking about his studies and ongoing exams.

"I have decided to go on a vacation after Nikhil's exams." Radhika said Suddenly making them startled.

They were shocked, their mother has not done this before but at the same time Naina was happy, she knew how hard these past few months have been on them and especially for her mother. So if she is thinking about going on vacation, it was good thing and she can relax a little bit.

"That's good. So where have you decided to go, tell me and I will do all the preparations." Naina said with a smile and Nikhil also looked at his mother curiously.

"No no it's already planned" Radhika said and looked at both of her children making them more confuse.

"Pooja's family has a farmhouse outside the city, we are going there for some days."

Although Naina was surprised but also relaxed because she knew that Pooja would take care of her mother.

"Wow it will be soo much fun." Nikhil said after listening to his mother.

"Okay you tell me the day you're going after talking with Pooja di." Naina said.

Radhika sigh and leaned back on her chair "Not me everyone of us is going, together and I don't want to listen any excuses." She told them sternly because she knew Naina will decline.

"My exams would be over so I can also relax." Nikhil said excitedly.

"But Ma it would be so weird, I mean I understand that we know  them from a long time but still if all of us will go on vacation with them to their farmhouse it won't look good." Naina tries to make her point after listening to her mother.

"Naina I know you are worried that we will never be able to pay them back but don't think that way child, they are like a family and they don't think like this. Moreover Pooja really wants us to come how can I say no to her."

She tries to convince Naina. Radhika knew that Naina would react this way only. They were going to shergill's farmhouse, and Shergill's are going to take care of their stay. Naina would think this as a favour of Shergill's and she will decline. And as expected she is still not convinced but before she can say anything, Radhika cut her off

"Naina don't think of this as a favour sweetheart, Pooja has invited us with lots of love and I also agreed because it will a good change for all of us, we all need this."

Naina looked at her mother and then at her brother who has stopped eating and was looking at her with pleading eyes. She rolled her eyes at him an nodded making him jump on his seat in excitement.

Radhika laughed at him and looked at Naina, who was smiling looking at her brother. Radhika knew very well that Naina has agreed only for Nikhil and her. Radhika just prayed that this trip would bring happiness in her daughter's life.

**** **** **** ****

Pooja knocked on the guest room which is usually acquired by her brother, but got no reply.

After few seconds she opened the door and got in to see Kanav sleeping on his stomach with half of the blanket on the floor, his shoes carelessly lying on the floor, his bag was on the couch in the room and some files were on the bed beside his head.

She shook her head and sit on the bed looking at him. This was the reason she was always worried about him, he works like a machine, without taking care of himself, she knew he didn't had his dinner last night which she told him to eat, after heating up the food, if he comes late which he does daily.

She caresses his hairs lightly when she saw him opening his eyes, Kanav turns and saw his sister sitting besides him and put his head on her lap.

"What time is it? " He asked in his sleepy voice still closing his eyes.

"8:15" Pooja replied briefly. For some moments there was silence between them but then Pooja decided to talk to him.

"Kanav" she asked to make sure if he was listening to her or not.

"Hmmmm" He replied.

"I want you to clear your schedule for some days, we are going for a vacation."

She didn't hear anything for some minutes but then he said "you'll can go I am busy." She somehow knew this was going to be his answer like everytime.
He always makes them agree to him but not this time.

"I am not asking you Kanav I am telling you I know you don't have any important surgery lined up for some weeks so finish your work, and take a leave and if any emergency comes up Ankit will handle it."

The firmness in his sister's voice made him to open his eyes and look at her, he really didn't have any idea why she was behaving this stubborn early morning.

"Di you all can go, I am really not interested. " He said calmly  to make her understand.

"I am also not interested in arguing with you, you always refuse to go anywhere with us, you never take any holidays, the hospital can work even if you don't go there for some days. I don't know either you will come with us willingly or I am myself going to change your schedule.  You decide." Pooja said firmly.

Kanav was fully awake now, although he had no idea  why his sister was so serious about this but he for sure knew that she holds a power in the hospital and it's always better not to challenge that but still he decided to try again.

"Di listen to me , I am actu---"

"I don't want to listen anything you are coming with us that's it or I swear I will never talk to you." She said making his eyes wide. What has happened to her?
Why was she behaving like this?

When he still didn't said anything, Pooja continued " Now, get ready and come down for breakfast and make sure to clear your schedule, I don't want to hear any excuses." Saying that she came out of his room leaving him shocked.

Pooja was happy and she was really hoping that this trip will bring a change in her brother's life.

**** ***** *****
Vote and comment
Stay safe stay healthy 🙂

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

160K 13.3K 59
A cute love story of 2 people who are pampered and spoilt to no extent by their respective. What happens when their destiny brings them together. How...
1M 37.7K 47
This story is a love story of Karan Oberoi and Anjali Malhotra. Karan Oberoi is the CEO of Oberoi group of companies and every girl's dream guy. Insp...
56K 2.3K 19
This book is a short story about an arranged Indian couple: Tanay and Aadya. Tanay and Aadya come from a small town and conservative families. Their...
2K 155 18
⚠️"MATURE CONTENT" This the story of a cold hearted man named Aditya Oberoi and the most lovely and beautiful girl named Naina Sharma. Cold arrogant...