CHAPTER 8

It has been a while since they have been driving but no one said anything to each other even Arush fell asleep after sometime. It was awkward for both of them. Naina was thinking about her mother's weird behaviour, it was not like her mother was extremely strict and has forbidden her to talk with opposite gender, but still there was always that protectiveness in her, being a single mother towards her daughter, Naina was sure if it was someone else, she would have never allowed her to travel with him. Maybe she trusts him because he is Pooja's brother, that was the only conclusion Naina reached.

Naina came out of her thoughts at the sound of music, and she noticed Kanav has turn on the music system in low volume.

Kanav was sure something is going on in his sister's mind but right now he didn't wanted to dwell on that. He was irritated with his constant urge to look at the person sitting beside him, he didn't wanted to make her more uncomfortable then she already was. He switched on the radio because he was sure he will sleep due to the silence in the car.

It was after some time when Kanav thought he had enough so he started the conversation.

"Toh.. aap phele gayi hai iss jagah par?" He asked before he can think and instantly regretted. He just wanted to bang his head somewhere, where the hell your communication skills goes when you need them.

(So...have you been to this place before.)

For a second Naina became startled with the sudden noise in the silent car but then she replied politely. "Jee nahi, par suna bahut hai kaafi khoobsurat jagah hai."

(Actually no, but I have a lot about its beauty.)

She replied his question and he looked at her for a few second,and was just thinking how sweet and soothing her voice is.

"Yes its really beautiful and peaceful as well, I really missed this when I was in studying, you know spending a peaceful time with your family." He said just to continue the conversation.

"Yes, even I get so busy with college and stuff that even the little things like having meal with your family, watching a movie together or to go for an outing becomes difficult, it's good to take some time from your busy schedule to have some peaceful days."

"You are in college, so what exactly are you studying?" Kanav asked, he didn't knew she was still in college.

Naina looked at him for a minutes before she replied with a small smile." I teach maths there."

He actually became surprised listening that, he didn't expect that she is a professor, she looks very young.

"Oh" was all he said making them fell into the silence once again.

Kanav took a side glance at her, she was looking outside the window, she didn't say a word or tried to keep up the conversation, but somehow he knew it was not because she was rude or anything, she was just one of those people who are quite, calm and enjoy there own company and do not say a word more than necessary.

It was a sight to see, her cheeks adorned with natural blush caused by the cold wind coming from the window, her tresses teasing her face, her beautiful eyes taking in everything, the beautiful surroundings had to offer, consumed by her own thoughts, as if she is not even present here, as if she lives in a different world.

**** **** ****
It's been a while they have been traveling now without stop, Arush was awake now and also very excited, he was jumping in his car seat squealing and asking questions about everything which Kanav and Naina both were trying to answer.

It was actually good because the silent environment from before was changed into a cheerful one because of this little being.

"Mamu hungry" Arush whined after sometime. It was a long journey and there were not many good places to eat so Pooja has already prepared homemade snacks for everyone to eat on the way.