The Golden Age

Por TheQuietHufflepuff

Colette and her brother Merlin travel to the land of Camelot, unknowing of the ban against magic and save the... Más

Aesthetics
Playlist
01. The Dragon's Call (Part I)
02. The Dragon's Call (Part II)
03. Valiant (Part I)
04. Valiant (Part II)
05. The Mark of Nimueh (Part I)
07. The Poisoned Chalice (Part I)
08. The Poisoned Chalice (Part II)
09. Lancelot (Part I)
10. Lancelot (Part II)
11. A Remedy to Cure All Ills (Part I)
12. A Remedy to Cure All Ills (Part II)
13. The Gates of Avalon (Part I)
14. The Gates of Avalon (Part II)
15. The Beginning of the End (Part I)
16. The Beginning of the End (Part II)
17. Excalibur (Part I)
18. Excalibur (Part II)
19. The Moment of Truth (Part I)
20. The Moment of Truth (Part II)
21. The Labyrinth of Gedref (Part I)
22. The Labyrinth of Gedref (Part II)
23. To Kill the King (Part I)
24. To Kill the King (Part II)
25. Le mort d'Arthur et d'Anne (Part I)
26. Le Morte d'Arthur et d'Anne (Part II)
27. The Curse of Cornelius Sigan (Part I)
28. The Curse of Cornelius Sigan (Part II)
29. The Once and Future Queen (Part I)
30. The Once and Future Queen (Part II)
31. The Nightmare Begins (Part I)
32. The Nightmare Begins (Part II)
33. Lancelot, Colette and Guinevere (Part I)
34. Lancelot, Colette and Guinevere (Part II)
35. Beauty and the Beast: Part One (Part I)

06. The Mark of Nimueh (Part II)

91 1 2
Por TheQuietHufflepuff

UPPER CORRIDOR

Arthur, Anne and the guards dragged Gwen down the Upper Corridor.

"No, please," Gwen said. "You've got to listen to me! Please, I haven't done anything wrong! You have to listen to me, please! I am innocent, I swear! Let me go! I swear to you!" Gwen turned her head and saw Merlin and Colette approaching her. "Merlin! Colette! Merlin, Colette, please help me!" She said to the guards, "Why won't you listen to me?!"

Gaius took Merlin and Colette's arms and escorted them out.

"Please listen to me!"

GAIUS' CHAMBERS

Merlin, Colette and Gaius entered and Gaius slammed the door before asking, "What have you done?!"

"What?" Merlin replied.

"I warned you! Oh, I understand. You thought you were doing good."

"I couldn't let her father die knowing I could cure him."

"Didn't you think it might look a bit suspicious, the curing of one man?"

"Well then, all I have to do is... Colette and I'll cure everyone! No one will ever have to know it was magic."

"It's too late! They think Gwen's a sorceress! They think she caused the disease!"

"But she didn't!" He rushed to leave and Colette, grumbling, followed him.

"Oh, and how are you going to prove that?!"

Merlin and Colette stopped to think, exchanged a look, then left.

COUNCIL CHAMBER

Arthur and Anne entered and guards dragged Gwen in behind them.

"Please listen to me I have done nothing, please!" Gwen begged. "I swear I haven't done anything!"

Guards dropped her on the floor.

Uther said to Arthur and Anne, "Well done."

"Why will no one believe me?! He got better, he just recovered. I didn't do anything!"

Morgana entered and said, "I believe you. Perhaps this is a disease that is not always fatal. Have you thought of that? Perhaps he recovered naturally."

"And what of this poultice that was found?" Uther asked.

"What poultice?" Gwen questioned. "I don't know anything about a poultice!"

"It was found in your house. Undo this enchantment. Put an end to this contagion."

"I can't!"

"I will show you no mercy."

"I am not a witch. I don't know how to stop the illness!"

"If you will not undo your sorcery, you force my hand and I must find you guilty..."

"But I told you, I..."

"It is therefore my duty to pronounce judgment. And under the circumstance I have no choice but to sentence you to death."

"No."

"I can only hope that when you die, this evil plague dies with you."

"No! No!"

"Take her away."

Guards dragged Gwen backwards out of the room as she cried, "Please, no! I'm innocent! Please, please, no! Please help me! Please, I beg you! No!"

Courtiers left. Morgana watched Gwen get dragged off, then turned to Uther and said, "I know Gwen, she's my maidservant, sometimes tends to Anne, not an enchantress."

"Have you ever seen an enchantress? Believe me, they bear no sign, no mark. There is no sense of evil in the eye."

"I've seen the way the girl works. Her fingers are worn, her nails are broken. If she was a sorceress, why would she do this? Why would she kneel on a cold stone floor morning after morning when she could make these things happen with a snap of her fingers? Like an idle king!"

"You have no right!"

"You have no right to cast a judgement on that girl!"

"I have a responsibility to take care of this kingdom! I take no pleasure in this!"

"But you're sentencing the wrong person!"

"She's right, Father," Arthur agreed. "You hear the word magic, you no longer listen."

"You saw it for yourself. She used enchantments."

Anne nodded slowly. "Yes, maybe. But to save her dying father, that doesn't make her guilty of creating a plague. One's the act of, of kindness, of love, the other of evil. Arthur and I don't believe evil's in this girl's heart."

"I have witnessed what witchcraft can do. I have suffered at its hand. I cannot take that chance. If there is the slightest doubt about this girl, she must die or the whole kingdom may perish."

"I understand that," Arthur and Anne replied.

"One day you may become King. Then you will understand. Such decisions must be made. There are dark forces that threaten this kingdom."

"Anne and I know," Arthur said. "Witchcraft is an evil, father. So is injustice. Yes, I am yet to be King, and I don't know what kind of king I will be, but Anne and I do have a sense of the kind of Camelot we would wish to live in. It would be where the punishment fits the crime."

"I fear you're right. She's played with fire, and sadly she must die by fire."

Morgana left. Arthur paced the Council Chamber. Anne stood in place with pursed lips.

GAIUS' CHAMBERS

Arthur and Anne entered and guards dragged Gwen in behind them.

"I thought I was doing good and that curing Gwen's father would help her. I thought I was saving a life," Merlin said. "It seemed so simple."

"An easy solution is like a light in a storm, Merlin," Gaius told him. "Rush for it at your peril, for it may not always lead you to a safe harbour."

"I can see that now."

"How many times have I warned you about the responsibilities of being a warlock? Or a witch in Colette's case?"

"I must see her."

"I'll come with you," Colette said.

DUNGEONS

Merlin and Colette left, went down stairs to the dungeon, and passed a crying Morgana on Wrought Iron Stairway.

"Gwen," Merlin and Colette called.

Gwen tried to get to the cell door, but her chains didn't stretch that far. She'd been crying.

"Thank you," Gwen stated.

"What for?" Merlin asked.

"For coming to see me."

"I'm sorry."

"It's not either of your fault."

"Well..." Merlin and Colette began as the latter looked pointedly at her brother.

"It's all right. Don't worry about me. There's no point crying about it. I mean... I mean, I'm not saying that you two were going to cry about me. Obviously I don't think that."

"Oh, Gwen," Merlin said. "Lettie and I can't have this happen."

"Please, one thing. You, you don't have to, but..."

"What?" Merlin and Colette asked.

"Remember me."

Colette shook her head. "You're not going to die. Merlin and I aren't going to let this happen."

Merlin and Colette left, rushing up the Wrought Iron Stairway.

COUNCIL CHAMBERS

Uther was consulting his advisors. "What if burning this witch doesn't stop the poison? How do I protect my people? My men have closed down the water pumps."

"But the emergency supply won't last for much longer," Gaius said. "We have to find a way of cleansing the water of the disease."

"But how?"

"Well..."

The doors opened and Merlin and Colette burst in.

"It was me!" Colette cried as she motioned for her brother to keep quiet. "It was me who used magic to cure Gwen's father!"

The Council members stared at her and Merlin.

Colette continued. "Gwen is not the sorcerer. I am!"

Gaius stood. "Colette! Are you mad?"

"I cannot let her die for me or Merlin." She said to Uther, "I place myself at your mercy."

"She doesn't know what she's talking about."

"I do."

"Then arrest her," Uther ordered.

"Father, please!" Arthur exclaimed. "I can't allow this! This is madness! There's no way Colette is a sorcerer."

"Did you not hear her?"

"Yes."

"She admitted it."

"She saved my life, and Anne's, remember."

"Why should she fabricate such a story?"

"As Gaius said, she's got a... grave mental disease," Anne explained. "So does he it seems."

"Really?"

"He's in love. She's suffering from false memories."

"What?" Merlin and Colette asked.

"With Gwen," Arthur said. "Colette hasn't been herself."

Uther grinned.

"I am not," Merlin argued. "Colette is fine."

"Yes, you are. No, she isn't."

"No way," Merlin and Colette protested.

"I saw you yesterday with that flower she'd given you. Colette is speaking false truths."

"I'm not in love with her," Merlin said. "Colette is completely sound."

Arthur put his arm around Merlin. "It's all right. You can admit it."

"I don't even think of her like that!"

"Perhaps she cast a spell on your sister," Uther guessed.

Arthur and Anne looked at their father worriedly. Uther snickered. Other council members snickered, and Arthur and Anne smiled in relief.

"Merlin and Colette are wonders, but the wonder is that they're such idiots. There's no way she's a sorcerer."

"Don't waste my time again. Let them go."

GAIUS' CHAMBERS

Uther was consulting his advisors.

"Arthur's the idiot," Colette mumbled.

"No. He was right to do what he did. And, thankfully, he saved you from your own stupidity. I expected this from your brother, not from you."

"What else could I do? It's Merlin's fault Gwen's going to die, and I didn't want my brother to die in her place."

"Yes, but you don't prove her innocence by offering to jump into the flames. You do it by finding out what's causing the disease!"

"Well, whatever it is, one thing's for sure: Arthur and Anne aren't going to find it," Merlin said. "They think they are so sharp! But even when Colette told them she was a wizard, they still couldn't see it."

"Sometimes they're pretty hard to spot."

"Well, maybe Merlin and I should go around wearing a pointy hat," Colette said.

"I don't think you'll find one big enough. Anyway, forget that. If we're going to save Gwen, we have to find out what's contaminating the water."

WATER CAVERN

Gaius, Colette and Merlin went to the underground entrance to the water supply.

NIMUEH'S CAVE

Nimueh watched Merlin, Colette and Gaius in her stone basin.

WATER CAVERN

"The water from here supplies the whole town," Gaius told them. "Take a sample." Merlin put water in the bottle. "Let's take it back and examine it."

An Afanc reared up out of the water.

"What the hell was that?" Merlin and Colette wondered.

Gaius took Merlin and Colette's arms and they left.

GAIUS' CHAMBERS

Gaius, Colette and Merlin looked at a book and the former said, "Here. It was an Afanc."

"An... a what?" Merlin and Colette questioned.

"A beast born of clay, and conjured up only by the most powerful sorcerer. Now we have to find a way to defeat it. But where?" He looked at shelves of books.

"That could take days," Merlin stated. "Gwen'll be dead by then."

"Have you got a better idea?"

---

Merlin and Colette saw a pyre being built in the Square on their way to the dungeons. They saw Gwen lying on the cell floor.

"Gwen?" Merlin called. "Colette and I are going to get you out. We will." He and Colette left.

THE GREAT DRAGON'S CAVE

"Hello?" Merlin and Colette called.

"Hello," the Great Dragon greeted as he flew down. "The great warlock and the great witch return, as I knew they would."

"We need to know how to defeat an Afanc," Merlin said.

"Yes, I suppose you do."

"Will you help us?"

"Trust the elements that are at your command."

"Elements?" Colette repeated. "But what is it he and I have to do?"

"You and your brother cannot do this alone. You and Merlin are but one side of a coin. Arthur and Anne are the other."

Merlin glanced at Colette before he said, "I, I don't understand. Just tell us what it is we have to do."

The Great Dragon flew off.

"No!" Merlin and Colette cried. "Please, help me!"

"I have," the Great Dragon replied with a laugh.

"Oh, yeah, right. Thanks."

COUNCIL CHAMBERS

Arthur and Anne entered and Uther asked, "Have you two found anything more?"

"We've tried," Arthur answered. "We can keep looking."

"People are dying, we can't delay any longer. We must kill the witch. Bring her execution forward to tonight."

Arthur and Anne bowed their heads and left.

GAIUS' CHAMBERS

Merlin and Colette frantically searched through books. Gaius entered and asked, "Merlin, Colette, what are you doing?"

"Looking for a book," Merlin replied.

"Either of you going to tell me which one?"

"A book on elements," Colette said.

"Elements?"

"Yes. Which one would Merlin and I find them in?"

"Well, most of them. The study of base elements is at the very heart of the scientific process."

"But how would they help us kill the Afanc?"

"Well, the Afanc is a creature made from earth and water. That's two of the four base elements."

"What about the other two?" Merlin questioned.

"Well, perhaps they will destroy it. You want fire. Wind and fire. How did you two find this out?"

"Erm... Lettie and I just knew, you know? One of our powers."

"What else do your powers tell you?"

"That she and I are only one side of a coin. The brighter side, obviously."

"And who's the other side?"

"We think that might be Arthur and Anne," Colette guessed in a slightly annoyed tone.

"They're bringing forward the execution," Morgana informed. "We have to prove Gwen's innocence."

"We're trying," Gaius said.

"Please, just tell me what I can do to help."

"We need Arthur and Anne," Merlin told her.

"Arthur and Anne?"

"There's a monster, an Afanc, in the water supply. That's what's causing the plague."

"Well, we must tell Uther."

"The Afanc's a creature forged by magic," Gaius explained. "Telling Uther wouldn't save Gwen. He'd just blame her for conjuring it."

"So what are we to do?"

"We need to destroy it," Colette said. "Then the plague will stop and Uther may see sense."

"And that's why you need Arthur and Anne."

"They're our best chance. But they won't want to disobey the King."

"Leave that to me."

Morgana left. Gaius gave Merlin and Colette the keys to the water supply tunnels.

ARTHUR'S CHAMBERS

Arthur entered and Anne followed behind. Morgana was waiting for them.

"You all right?" Arthur asked. "Sorry about all this." He indicated the mess on the table. "Merlin's not been in today. Anne's is as much of a mess. Colette apparently hasn't been in either."

"Poor Merlin and Colette," Morgana said.

"Yeah," Arthur and Anne agreed.

"To offer to give up her life to save Gwen's and her brother's. I certainly can't imagine any man loving me so much or caring for a friend so dearly that I'd be willing to do such a thing."

"No, I certainly can't imagine that either," Arthur said.

Anne shook her head. "Nor can I."

Morgana smirked. "That's because you're not like Merlin or Colette. They're lovers."

"Yeah, maybe that's because I haven't found the right person to love," Arthur shot back, briefly thinking of the girl who'd offered her life in exchange for another.

"Sadly the age of gallantry seems to be dead. You look around and all you see are small men, not big enough to fill their armour. There's not one of them that's able to stand up for what is right."

Arthur smirked at Morgana's obvious manipulative insult. "What do you want me and Anne to do?"

WATER CAVERN

Morgana, Anne and Arthur walked into the Square where Merlin and Colette met them. Arthur drew his sword and Anne drew her dagger. They opened tunnel door and Arthur lit a torch before they descended.

"You'd better be right about this, Merlin, Colette," Arthur said.

They heard low growl. Morgana gasped.

"You and Anne should stay here," Arthur told them. "You should too, Colette."

"I'm coming with you," Morgana and Anne said.

Colette nodded. "As am I."

"No," Arthur argued.

"Scared Anne and I'll show you up?" Morgana shot back.

"Father will slam us all in chains if he knew I'd endangered you and Anne."

"Well good thing he doesn't know about it then."

"I'm telling you, Morgana, Anne, turn back. You could get hurt."

"You could too... if you don't get out of our way."

Merlin and Colette were amused. Arthur rolled his eyes.

"How are we going to find it?" Anne asked.

"I just hope we do before it finds us," Colette said quietly.

Arthur spun around and ordered, "Stop."

"What?" Merlin and Colette questioned.

"It's just a shadow."

They kept moving. The Afanc crept out of shadows behind them. They reached the water source.

"Spread out," Arthur told the group.

They split up. Arthur and Anne heard a growl and Afanc swiped at them from behind, then disappeared. Morgana rushed to them.

"What is it?" Morgana wondered. "Are you two all right?"

"Yeah," Arthur and Anne replied.

"Did you see it?" Merlin and Colette asked.

"Yes."

"What did it look like?"

Arthur stammered, "It... it's quick."

The Afanc came up in front of Morgana, who screamed. Arthur went for it, but it disappeared again.

"Where is it?" Arthur asked.

"I think it's gone this way!" Merlin yelled.

They walked. The Afanc crept slowly out around corner into full view. Arthur swung at it and lost his sword. It also swiped away Morgana's torch and Anne's dagger. Arthur circled it with a torch.

"Arthur, use the torch!" Merlin and Colette instructed. Arthur swung the torch. "Lyfte ic þe in balwen ac forhienan."

Merlin and Colette's spell blew flames into the Afanc, incinerating it.

NIMUEH'S CAVE

Nimueh watched in her stone basin and said, "Merlin. Colette. Mah!" She splashed the water in anger.

COUNCIL CHAMBER

Uther laughed over some parchment with his advisors. "It's very good."

"Good news, Sire," Gaius said. "There are no new deaths, and those that are sick are recovering."

"Good. Strange, I've never heard of an Afanc before."

"It's conjured from clay by powerful magic. The type that can only be invoked by an ancient sorcerer. One that has the power to mirror the spirit of life. I found this at the water source." He showed him a cracked egg shell. "It bears the mark of Nimueh. We must be vigilant, Sire."

"Will I never be rid of her?"

"Sire."

"Leave me!"

Everyone left. Uther sat on the throne, a sombre expression on his face.

DUNGEONS

Guards opeed Gwen's cell. Gwen's father, Merlin, Colette and Morgana entered.

"Dad!" Gwen exclaimed and they hugged.

"Oh, my little child!" Tom said.

Gwen reached to grasp Morgana's hand. "Thank you!"

"Don't thank me," Morgana told her. "It was more Merlin and Colette."

"Really?"

"They're the real heroes here."

"I don't know what to say."

Merlin and Colette shrugged. "I didn't do anything."

"I'm- I'm grateful to you all," Tom said. "Come on, Gwen."

Tom and Gwen left.

Colette started toward the dungeon's exit.

"Merlin," Morgana called. "I wanted you to know, your secret's safe with me."

"My secret?" Merlin asked.

"Merlin, don't pretend. I know what you did."

"You do? Do you know what Colette did?"

"I saw it with my own eyes."

"You did?"

"I understand why you don't anyone to know."

"Well, obviously."

"But I won't tell anyone. You don't mind me talking to you about it?"

"Er... no. I, I, it's, er... you have no idea how hard it is to keep this hidden."

"Well, you can continue to deny it, but I think Gwen's a very lucky woman. I've seen how Arthur has noticed Colette. She's lucky too, I suppose."

"Gwen? Arthur and Colette?"

Morgana put her finger to her lips. "It's our secret." She smiled as she left.

Merlin let out a sigh.

GAIUS' CHAMBERS

Merlin, Colette and Gaius ate dinner.

"This fish didn't come from the water, did it?" Merlin said.

"Well, where else is it going to come from?" Gaius replied. "The water's fine now. That's not your worry. This is the work of a very powerful sorcerer. I only hope you two didn't come to her attention."

"Doubt it. Well no one else seems to appreciate our skills. Colette and I just want someone to see us for who we are."

"One day, Merlin, Colette. One day."

"One day what?" Merlin and Colette questioned.

"One day people won't believe what an idiot you both were."

"Thanks."

NIMUEH'S CAVE

As they toasted, Nimueh watched them from her stone basin and said, "Merlin, Colette, you will pay for this!"

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

305K 8K 46
"We cannot be with each other. Our love is forbidden." ° ° ° Arthur x OC ° Updates every Saturday
816 29 12
✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 𝓡𝓸𝔀𝓪𝓷 𝓟𝓮𝓷𝓭𝓻𝓪𝓰𝓸𝓷'𝓼 life has never been simple. She learned at an early age that it served her best to hide away in her bro...
7.3K 267 25
"You and Merlin need to practice on how you address Royalty." "I promise you, your highness, I try, but it's never done me any good in the past." "It...
208K 6.2K 23
Merlin sighed as he finished Arthur's clothes. Today was the day. The day he knew pain. The day he knew betrayal. The day he found his magic. The wor...