Reborn as a hero's daughter...

By saki-san2

Raid, one of the six heroes, was forced to fight the demon god alone and ended up fighting him. When he awoke... More

Chapter I. Near Death.
Chapter 2 Encounter with a (self-proclaimed) god
Chapter III: The Legend.
Chapter IV: Resuming life.
Chapter V. Shocking revelations.
Chapter VI: Infant Girl, Standing on the Earth (Bed).
Chapter VII: The First Time ......
Chapter VIII - God's Blessing.
Chapter IX - First outing.
Chapter X. Climbing trees with friends.
Chapter XI - Attack of the Monsters.
Chapter XII: Endurance war for life.
Chapter XIII - The heroic figure.
Chapter XIV - The consequences of begging.
Chapter XVI - Five years old, long-awaited training in swordsmanship.
Chapter XVII - Finia's past.
Chapter XVIII - The King's marriage proposal.
Chapter XIX - Study abroad in Raum.
Chapter XX: Prospects for the future.
Chapter 21 - The True Value of Interference Magic
Chapter 22 - Age 7, First Hunting.
Chapter 23 - Results of the examinations
Chapter 24: The morning of departure
Chapter 25 - Itinerary.
Chapter 26 - Attacks in the streets.
Chapter 27: Surprise attack
Chapter 28: Her decision.
Chapter 29 Arrivals
Chapter 30: The Fourth Hero.
Chapter 31 - Residency.
Chapter 32: Maxwell, Dean of the Academy of Witchcraft and Wizardry.
Chapter 33 - Measuring Magic
Chapter 34 - Discomfort in the City
Chapter 35: The identity of sound.
Chapter 36: Sabotage.
Chapter 37: Brawl.
Chapter 38: Struggles
Chapter 39: White Helping Hands.
Chapter 40 - The Rigid Bow
Chapter 41 - Cleaning up afterwards
Chapter 42: The Struggle
Chapter 43 - First time in Raum: ......
Chapter 44: Defeating the Evil Dragon
Chapter 45 - The Legend.
Chapter 46 - Reid's Decision.
Chapter 47: The Parker.
Chapter 48 - Orphanage comfort.
Chapter 49: Late Night.
Chapter 50: Summoning the Demon Gods
Chapter 51: The end of a previous life
Chapter 52: Morning routines
Chapter 53: Morning as a child
Chapter 54 - Let's go and see the academy.
Chapter 55-Authoritarianism
Chapter 56 - First time at school
Chapter 57: Entrance ceremony intrigues.
Chapter 58: Preparing for the new class
Chapter 59: Physical insecurity.
Chapter 60-The Mystery of the Music Room
Chapter 61: Late-night training

Chapter XV - God's Gift.

157 6 0
By saki-san2

The baptismal rite is a visit to a local church, where they ride on a magic circle for identification and recognise the gifts they each have.

 In case there are privacy issues, the recognised gifts are only known to the person in question.

 But it is the basic three-year-old who is identified. Children who had acquired a gift were usually happy to report its contents to their parents.

 The most senior priest in the nearby church congratulates the three-year-old on their growth and gives them a lesson for the rest of their lives.

 In this village church, the highest priestess was Maria, so she was the one who delivered the homily.

 I was listening to her in the square in front of the church with the children of the village.

'Now then, to the magic circle over here. There, if God bless you, you will be able to perceive it.'

 The Gift is only available to one in a hundred people at most.

 With the number of children in this village, it would be good to get one at most. Nevertheless, the ritual continues in order to develop the children's talents and to ensure that those in power have useful abilities.

 Due to the size of the magic circle, they are taken onto the magic circle in groups of about five.

 There were only a dozen children of this age in all. With that number, there is little chance of a gift-bearer being discovered.

 Sure enough, no child in the first and next groups seemed to have a Gift.

 Finally, it was my turn - or rather, me and Michelle's turn.

 In the end, my outfit was a dress with more ribbons and frills, with Maria pushing through.

 Now I have yet another reason why I can't come forward as a raider.

 I kick up a rustle and hem and get on top of the magic circle.

 My gifts before I was born were manipulation and stealth. I still don't know if these gifts have been passed on, but I was still good at getting under people's noses.

 And since I was able to sense magic when I was around six months old, it's not surprising that I had magical qualities.

 The last time I entered the magic circle, Maria activated the magic.

 As if in response, three words popped into my mind.

 In other words, manipulation, stealth and interference magic.

 In this world, there are several magical systems, etc.

 Attribute-based magic like Maxwell's, which includes the four major attributes, and sacred magic like Maria's, which is based on faith.

 There is also spirit attribute magic to manipulate the dead, and the kind used by the priest who killed me, which is an invocation magic that makes demons and other gods bow down to you.

 The interference magic I had was mainly magic that interfered with matter.

 It is magic that can strengthen the power of weapons in the short term or make armour slightly harder.

 Of course, there are some effects that are so terrible that they kick common sense to the curb if you master them, but only those with talents in the use of magic, in addition to the qualities of this magic, can reach that realm.

 I seem to be able to use magic better than the average person, but it takes a lot of practice to reach that realm, I suppose you could say.

 The reason is that compared to before I was born, the number of gifts has increased by one. ...... Is this the magic that the god was talking about when he said 'service' at the time of reincarnation?

 When I looked, Michelle was also clenching her fists with a twinkle in her eyes.

'What have you got there, Michelle-chan?

'Yeah, they said shooting!

 After all, Michelle said the words without any consideration of the risk of saying them.

 Come to think of it, she had also accurately hit the enemy with a projectile in that tense scene when she was attacked by the Kobolds.

 That accuracy was probably due in part to her gift.

'You can't tell your father about that, can you?'

''Yeah, why?''

''Because shooting is too powerful an ability.'

 If it's just throwing stones, it's still good. Shooting should hang on the whole act of shooting something out.

 This means that not only projectiles, but also bows, crossbows and even the Breaking IJN ballista will be effective.

 The ability to attack the enemy unilaterally from a very long distance. If such a thing were known, there is no way the state would leave it alone.

 Then she would never have a normal childhood again.

 The state will protect her from an early age and there is no doubt that she will be given an education for gifted children to the point of vomiting blood.

 Of course, she would not be able to hide it forever, but the longer she is with her parents, the better it would be for her.

'I see. Then I'll keep it a secret!'

Yeah, promise me.

Yeah, promise!"

 Me and Michelle-chan intertwine our fingers and make a promise.

 It's not the first thing a three-year-old says, but it will buy us some time.

 In the meantime, we'll move Maria or Lyell to protect her.

 At dinner that day, Maria and the others asked me about my abilities.

 Having inherited the gifts from before I was born, and having three gifts, I am, in a sense, substandard.

 These two in particular know about me before I was born.

 The combination of the gifts of manipulation and stealth makes it quite likely that they will find out who I am.

 So I can't divulge anything about these two to them.

 The problem is the gift of interference attribute magic.

 This magic is quite common in the magical world, as many of them are quite predisposed to it.

 Therefore, even if this is divulged to Lyell and the others, it will not lead to anything serious.

 Rather, they would protect me and give me the best education possible.

'Hey, Nicole. What's wrong with your gift?'

'You, you should have guessed that I'm not going to tell you!

 In an unusually sharp voice, Maria blames Lyell.

 Getting a gift is a narrow thing. And since I am the daughter of heroes, the expectations of those around me are naturally high.

 The most important thing to remember is that the best way to get the most out of your life is to be a good person.

'Yes, it's interference attribute magic,' she said.

'Eh, ah! Good for you, Nicole."

'Interference attributes, well, I'm not too familiar with them. I'm more familiar with Maxwell's.'

'He's also the leader of the Elven Nation. He can't stay here in the north for too long."

'Well, would it be better if Nicole came out to visit then?

'With that magic geek? If you find a good apprentice, you won't be able to come straight back."

 If Maxwell is as he remembers him, he may indeed be unlikely to let go.

 But more importantly, there are things we need to talk about now.

'More importantly, it's Michelle-chan--'

'Hmm, what's wrong with the girl?'

'I heard he had the gift of marksmanship. That's amazing.'

 I told her that as innocently as I could.

 Her parents wouldn't be able to refuse an offer of power. But with these two protecting her, no one would be forced to separate them.

 The six of us alone have the fighting strength of an army.

'Shooting ...... that's great.'

'It's a skill that allows you to attack unilaterally from a distance. If the nobles knew about it, they wouldn't shut up.'

'Oh. It would be too sad to separate them from their parents at that age.'

'What now, dear? Shall I hide it?"

'...... Yes, I know. But one day they will know. I want to make sure she can fend for herself before then."

'Then go to ......."

Yeah, Nicole has asked me to teach her how to use a sword, and I'll train her with me.'

'Yes, that might be a good idea.

 Maria knows that Michelle and I are good friends.

 She probably felt that having a companion would be more reassuring than training alone.

 Thus, I began basic fitness training under Lyell's guidance.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

558K 16.3K 39
MALE WEDNESDAY X READER "I love you...Wednesday Addams" The girl cried while hugging him as tight as she could. "I love you too....Amore mio. Please...
256K 3.7K 94
ဖအေကနေ သားကိုသွားထားတဲ့ ဇာတ်လမ်းသာဖြစ်ပါတယ် ဖေအက သားကိုသြားထားတဲ့ ဇာတ္လမ္းသာျဖစ္ပါတယ္
19.4K 410 18
An alternate Jason Uchiha timeline
15.3K 311 20
It's my first time writing an Story so please bear with me. Anyways...... Story: Future Caelus, lost everyone. His friends, family and Comrades...