The Duchess of Two Dukedoms o...

By Ladybythelake54

Karissa Elizabeth Ann Lowell was just an ordinary girl from Post World War III Planet Earth when she first a... More

Prelude
World War III
April 29, 2153
False Prophets and Teachers
The First Duke of Norfolk Territory
The First Newborn Sons of Star Base 12
The Two French Beauties From The House of Capet
Lady Jeanette Virginia Beaufort and Lady Elizabeth Drummond
Lady Sophia Charlotte Howard and Lord William Philip Carey
Lord Charles Andrew Howard and Lady Alexandra Elizabeth Churchill
111 Years Later
The Girl That Sits on Top of The Hill
The Request
The Three Rivals of Lord Andrew Charles Howard
The Weekend at Balmoral Manor
Return To Madame's Boarding House
I Want To Go Out Dancing
The Bells Ring Throughout Norfolk Territory
The Wedding of Lord Andrew Charles Howard and Lady Karissa Elizabeth Ann Lowell
The Birth of Lady Elizabeth.
The New Duke and Duchess of Norfolk Territory
The Birth of The Duchess of Clarence Territory
The Duke of Lancaster Territory Part I
Pembroke Territory Part I
Pembroke Territory Part II
The Duke of Lancaster Territory Part Two
Lady Caroline Matilda Carey, Future Duchess of Bedford Territory
Lord Albert Edward Howard, Duke of Kent
Lady Anastasia Christina Howard, Duchess of Northampton Territory
Lord Benjamin Lawrence Carey, Duke of Langley Territory
The Duke of St. Albans and The Duke of Richmond Territory
Lady Sophia Dorothea Howard, Duchess of Gloucester Territory
Lady Karissa Elizabeth Ann Howard, future Duchess of Sussex Territory
The Duchess of Bedford Territory- June of 2300
How Could I Ever Know?

Requested Granted

14 21 5
By Ladybythelake54

Lord Richard William Carey carries out Lord Andrew Charles Howard's request to Karissa and she receives him graciously and she reads the request for a visit to her from Lord Andrew Charles Howard.

Lord Richard William Carey tells Karissa "You don't have to receive my second cousin if you don't want to."

"Is there something wrong with your second cousin, may I ask?" Karissa asks Lord Richard William Carey.

"Does he need a good psychiatrist, may I ask?" Karissa asks Lord Richard William Carey.

"I am not sure what you mean Mademoiselle Karissa?" Lord Richard William asks.

"Don't get me wrong Lord Richard William Carey. I think that Lord Andrew Charles Howard, Lord David William Beck and you are three of the most handsome men on Star Base 12, but you all have the same problem: you are aristocrats." Karissa explains.

"What is wrong with us being aristocrats?" Lord Richard William asks.

"Let me tell you this way. I think all of you are stuffy, runny nose spoiled brats with a gold spoon up your asses." Karissa tells him.

"You all strut around like a damn peacock with your colorful plumage and think you will catch a woman. " Karissa states.

"You are who you are and I am who I am. I respect who you are but I am not an aristocrat." Karissa tells him.

"There must be plenty of eligible young aristocratic women on Star Base 12 who would love to marry into such a prestigious family such as the Howard-Carey-Beck families." Karissa tells him.

"I am afraid none of us have a taste of any of them." Lord Richard William explains "Their father's seek to become a part of our family through their daughters."

"I am not interested in your title, property, or even your wealth." Karissa explains, "What I am interested in is your love, sincerity and if you are open-minded."

Lord Richard William doesn't know how to answer her question and she tells him "Tell your pain up preppy cousin I will see him."

"I will relay your message to Lord Andrew Charles Howard, but beware I won't anger him." Lord Richard William warns Karissa.

"I am not afraid of Lord Andrew Charles Howard or any man and if he touches me I guarantee he will be wearing his family jewels as earrings." Karissa explains.

"I promise Lord Andrew Charles. He will never have any children when I make him wear his family jewels."Karissa explains.

Lord Richard William Carey bows and he walks away from Karissa and she watches him walk away but she sees sadness in his heart and feels his pain.

__________________________________________

Two days on Sunday, Lord Andrew Charles Howard travels out to Madame's Boarding House to pay Karissa a visit that she has granted him.

Lord Andrew Charles Howard arrives at Madame's Boarding House in the Howard carriage and when he arrives he straightens up his clothes and puts on his hat.

Lord Andrew Charles Howard walks up the door and he knocks on the door and Madame opens up the door and she greets him " Bon Jour Monsieur Howard."

"Good Morning, Madame Valois. I am here to see Karissa." Lord Andrew Charles explains.

"Mademoiselle Karissa is in the living room." Madame tells him.

Lord Andrew Charles Howard walks into the drawing room where Karissa is waiting and she looks at him and asks " I see you have arrived on time."

"Naturally. I didn't want to be late." Lord Andrew Charles tells her.

"What a pity." Karissa tells him " I granted you this visit because your cousin asked me too."

"I am indebted to him for it." Lord Andrew Charles Howard explains.

"What do I owe the honor of your visit?" Karissa asks.

"I just had to see you again. I heard you were attending Star-Fleet Academy. How are your studies going?" Lord Andrew Charles asks.

"My studies are going well." Karissa answers, "Social life at Star-Fleet Academy is much to be desired. I like my debate club and literature club."

"I like Lt. Kevin Thomas Riley and his room-mate, Lord Richard Williams." Karissa answers, "They are just platonic friends."

"Platonic friends, Karissa?" Lord Andrew Charles asks.

"Yes Platonic friends and we are not romantically involved with each other." Karissa tells him.

"We have no interest in pursuing a romantic relationship with either of them. They are both space cadets." Karissa tells him.

"They both have their heads in the clouds about taking an internship on a Star-Ship when they graduate." Karissa answers.

"Don't get me wrong. I love them as my friends but I have no love interest in them." Karissa answers.

Lord Andrew Charles looks at Karissa and he asks her "What are you looking for?"

"I am looking for my mate." Karissa answers "A man to give me my daughter, and the rest of my children."

"Well, aren't I a man?" Lord Andrew Charles asks.

"I never said you weren't, but then again. You are an aristocrat and I really don't care to marry one." Karissa states.

"I can't help what family I was born into, none of us can." Lord Andrew Charles states.

"I agree but we can shape our destiny if we want and we can live the kind of life we want." Karissa tells him.

"Let's see Kevin and his friend are space cadets and I am not good enough because I am an aristocrat." Lord Andrew Charles asks.

Karissa looks at him " I will be frank Andrew Charles Howard. I find you very handsome as I do with your two cousins, Lord David William Beck and Lord Richard William Carey." Karissa tells him.

"If I had to choose one of you. I would choose Lord Richard William Carey, then Lord David William Beck and you would be my last choice." Karissa tells him.

"You are a third son and I know in history a second or third son has succeeded his brothers to the Dukedoms of their fathers and even followed their father to his throne like John, Richard III, Henry VIII, Charles II, James II, William IV, George V and George VI of England." Karissa explains.

"I have to ask you what would I gain from such a marriage with you?" Karissa asks him " I am not interested in your title, property, or wealth."

Lord Andrew Charles looks at Karissa " I will tell you what we will gain together. Our child will become Duke or Duchess after us."

"I don't want a son first, I want a daughter that I may name Elizabeth Victoria Ann Beltane." Karissa tells Lord Andrew Charles .

"I will say this much: the man that gives me my daughter will be the man I marry." Karissa tells him.

"I will promise him four more children after he gives me my daughter." Karissa tells him "You may keep your fine fancy title, property and money."

"You realize that you will become Lady Karissa if we marry." Lord Andrew Charles tells her.

"I guess when I marry I will have no choice but to accept it." Karissa states "But not until then."

"How many children do you expect?" Karissa asks.

"I don't know. Haven't given it much thought until now and I won't ask for more than five."

"Oh you are not like your ancestor who had 21 children with 2 wives." Karissa says with a laugh.

"You mean Lord Thomas Howard, 2nd Duke of Norfolk in England." Lord Andrew Charles asks.

""Precisely, Lord Andrew Charles." Karissa tells him.

"Our marriage will be one of conveniences as after or when you give me a daughter. We will both take a lover." Karissa states.

"I will secure your great-great-great-grandfather 's Dukedom with a heiress but don't usuper your power as most men have done in the past." Karissa states.

"Remember what happened to the four of the Empires after World War I." Karissa states.

"Tragically all fell because of power hungry men who thought they could win." Karissa states.

"With my help you will rise but I guarantee with my help you will fall too." Karissa tells him.

Karissa looks at Lord Andrew Charles and she tells him " I thought we might spend the day out in the garden. Madame has packed us a picnic and we can talk outside farther."

"I would very much like to see Monsieur Valois garden once again. I remember he was building it and I remember when he died." Lord Andrew Charles states.

"My father was very heart-broken over his death as he was very good friends with Monsieur Valois." Lord Andrew Charles states and with that Karissa picks up the picnic basket, her blanket, and radio and they walk outside toward the garden.

Karissa has been given the key to Monsieur Valois' garden and she opens up the door and it is in bloom and Lord Andrew Charles steps in and he tells her " It is even more beautiful than before."

'I have been taking care of it since I arrived." Karissa tells Lord Andrew Charles .

"Andrew Charles. I plan to still attend Star-Fleet Academy." Karissa states, "I am going to become a pediatrician to help children."

"I won't stop you if you want to pursue this, but what about our children?" Lord Andrew Charles asks.

"I will take them with me and they will be taken care of at the DayCare Center at Star-Fleet Academy." Karissa tells him.

"I will leave the governing to you and I hope it strangles you." Karissa tells him.

"You may find out that you have bitten off more than you could chew." Karissa tells him.

"You arrange the time and place we will see what we can do to help you, but you better not fail me as I will only give you a second chance." Karissa explains.

"I will not agree to marry you until you have given me a daughter which can be proven by an amniocentesis test." Karissa tells him.

"Once it is confirmed that I am having a daughter which you have provided for me and I will set our wedding date." Karissa promises him.

Lord Andrew Charles reluctantly agrees to all of Karissa's terms with the hope that he will win her hand in marriage and it will give his grandfather his first great-grandchild.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

69.9K 2.7K 54
Sequel of The New Girl. Don't hesitate to leave comments, I love reading comments :) 🔺️Be careful, some sensitive subjects will be treated (in a mor...
27.4K 852 16
╰⋯➤"Tʜɪs ɴɪɢʜᴛ ɪs sᴘᴀʀᴋʟɪɴɢ, ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ʟᴇᴛ ɪᴛ ɢᴏ." "I ᴀᴍ ᴡᴏɴᴅᴇʀ sᴛʀᴜᴄᴋ ʙʟᴜsʜɪɴɢ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀʏ ʜᴏᴍᴇ." 》The woman found herself in a str...
54 2 2
TRIGGER WARNINGS: aliens, child neglect, divorce mentions, suicide attempt When a girl from the planet Mythtas suddenly finds herself washed up on a...
74 92 5
This is a Sequel to The Duchess and Duke of Bedford Territory on Star Base 12. It will tell about all of her children and grandchildren. It focuses o...