Hand In Mine

Bởi winnieiswriting

[MATURE] After a hate-filled one night stand, Evanna Hill is in shambles. With her perfect reputation and Ric... Xem ThΓͺm

𝘏𝘒𝘯π˜₯ 𝘐𝘯 π˜”π˜ͺ𝘯𝘦
𝘌𝘱π˜ͺ𝘨𝘳𝘒𝘱𝘩
𝘈𝘦𝘴𝘡𝘩𝘦𝘡π˜ͺ𝘀𝘴
π˜—π˜³π˜°π˜­π˜°π˜¨π˜Άπ˜¦ - 𝘚𝘭𝘰𝘒𝘯
π˜–π˜―π˜¦ - 𝘌𝘷𝘒𝘯𝘯𝘒
π˜›π˜Έπ˜° - 𝘚𝘭𝘰𝘒𝘯
π˜›π˜©π˜³π˜¦π˜¦ - 𝘌𝘷𝘒𝘯𝘯𝘒
𝘍𝘰𝘢𝘳 - 𝘚𝘭𝘰𝘒𝘯
𝘍π˜ͺ𝘷𝘦 - 𝘌𝘷𝘒𝘯𝘯𝘒
𝘚π˜ͺ𝘹 - 𝘚𝘭𝘰𝘒𝘯
𝘚𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯 - 𝘌𝘷𝘒𝘯𝘯𝘒
𝘌π˜ͺ𝘨𝘩𝘡 - 𝘚𝘭𝘰𝘒𝘯
π˜•π˜ͺ𝘯𝘦 - 𝘌𝘷𝘒𝘯𝘯𝘒
π˜›π˜¦π˜― - 𝘚𝘭𝘰𝘒𝘯
𝘌𝘭𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯 - 𝘌𝘷𝘒𝘯𝘯𝘒
π˜›π˜Έπ˜¦π˜­π˜·π˜¦ - 𝘚𝘭𝘰𝘒𝘯
π˜›π˜©π˜ͺ𝘳𝘡𝘦𝘦𝘯 - 𝘌𝘷𝘒𝘯𝘯𝘒
𝘍𝘰𝘢𝘳𝘡𝘦𝘦𝘯 - 𝘚𝘭𝘰𝘒𝘯
𝘍π˜ͺ𝘧𝘡𝘦𝘦𝘯 - 𝘌𝘷𝘒𝘯𝘯𝘒
𝘚π˜ͺ𝘹𝘡𝘦𝘦𝘯 - 𝘚𝘭𝘰𝘒𝘯
𝘚𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯𝘡𝘦𝘦𝘯 - 𝘌𝘭𝘭π˜ͺ𝘦
𝘌π˜ͺ𝘨𝘩𝘡𝘦𝘦𝘯 - 𝘚𝘭𝘰𝘒𝘯
π˜•π˜ͺ𝘯𝘦𝘡𝘦𝘦𝘯 - 𝘌𝘭𝘭π˜ͺ𝘦
π˜›π˜Έπ˜¦π˜―π˜΅π˜Ί - 𝘚𝘭𝘰𝘒𝘯
π˜›π˜Έπ˜¦π˜―π˜΅π˜Ί π˜–π˜―π˜¦ - 𝘌𝘭𝘭π˜ͺ𝘦
π˜›π˜Έπ˜¦π˜―π˜΅π˜Ί π˜›π˜Έπ˜° - 𝘚𝘭𝘰𝘒𝘯
π˜›π˜Έπ˜¦π˜―π˜΅π˜Ί 𝘍𝘰𝘢𝘳 - 𝘚𝘭𝘰𝘒𝘯
π˜›π˜Έπ˜¦π˜―π˜΅π˜Ί 𝘍π˜ͺ𝘷𝘦 - 𝘌𝘭𝘭π˜ͺ𝘦
π˜›π˜Έπ˜¦π˜―π˜΅π˜Ί 𝘚π˜ͺ𝘹 - 𝘚𝘭𝘰𝘒𝘯
π˜›π˜Έπ˜¦π˜―π˜΅π˜Ί 𝘚𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯 - 𝘌𝘭𝘭π˜ͺ𝘦
π˜›π˜Έπ˜¦π˜―π˜΅π˜Ί 𝘌π˜ͺ𝘨𝘩𝘡 - 𝘚𝘭𝘰𝘒𝘯
π˜›π˜Έπ˜¦π˜―π˜΅π˜Ί π˜•π˜ͺ𝘯𝘦 - 𝘌𝘭𝘭π˜ͺ𝘦
π˜›π˜©π˜ͺ𝘳𝘡𝘺 - 𝘚𝘭𝘰𝘒𝘯
π˜›π˜©π˜ͺ𝘳𝘡𝘺 π˜–π˜―π˜¦ - 𝘌𝘷𝘒𝘯𝘯𝘒 𝘏π˜ͺ𝘭𝘭
π˜›π˜©π˜ͺ𝘳𝘡𝘺 π˜›π˜Έπ˜° - 𝘚𝘭𝘰𝘒𝘯 π˜”π˜Άπ˜³π˜±π˜©π˜Ί
𝘌𝘱π˜ͺ𝘭𝘰𝘨𝘢𝘦
π˜‹π˜¦π˜₯π˜ͺ𝘀𝘒𝘡π˜ͺ𝘰𝘯, 𝘍𝘒𝘀𝘡𝘴 & π˜•π˜¦π˜Ήπ˜΅ π˜‰π˜°π˜°π˜¬

π˜›π˜Έπ˜¦π˜―π˜΅π˜Ί π˜›π˜©π˜³π˜¦π˜¦ - 𝘌𝘭𝘭π˜ͺ𝘦

13.8K 384 95
Bởi winnieiswriting

• • •

I am an independent woman.

At least that's what I tell myself as I am getting ready for the day. You know why? Because not only do I know how to cook (if you count knowing only 4 dishes), my washing machine is on, my dryer is on, my dishes are washed and I have a clean apartment.

I mean who would've thought I would be able to do all of this by myself? I didn't, not for one moment. Mother made sure that I was dependent on her, it was her way of keeping me to herself.

Yet look at me now, 22 weeks pregnant with my own place and my washing machine is on.

Pulling my bedroom door closed behind me as I leave I make my way over to the couch and sit down. Puffing out a breath I lean over and attempt to put my shoes on, and by shoes I mean my comfiest pair of heels. Ever.

I don't struggle to much considering my bump isn't huge yet but I do have to put them on from the side now. Over the past week I have had a lot more energy, enough that today I have on a cute outfit, my makeup is done and I have done my hair. I'm going to enjoy dressing up while I can.

"Elle, you ready to go?" Sloan calls as I can hear him turning the key in the lock to get inside. I gave it to him last week after we had had a discussion that it might be a good idea, especially after I had the small fall.

"Yup. Just putting my shoes on." Grinning to myself I try and hurry up with putting the last one on before he can take them off me. He doesn't like me wearing heels but I feel badass in them so he has no say really.

"What's the smell?" He asks coming into view in his denim jeans and tight white t-shirt stretched across his chest. Sighing to myself I adore him while he is focused on looking around.

It should be illegal how beautiful he is with his light brown hair and ginger coloured eyes. Not just that but he is a good person, has good morals and is someone I believed to never have sited before.

Growing up I was told people were evil and that they were only interested in you for sex, money or power. I used to dream that I would fall in love with a kind man, someone who actually cared for me. Mother never let me think that for too long, she just locked me away from everyone and only let me meet bad people. That way I never questioned her when she said everyone was evil. I had no reason to as it was all I had known.

Letting my eyes run over him, my breath hitches when I realise he is my kind man. The man I dreamed would take me away from everything, in away that was exactly what he had done. I swallow feeling my heart beat quicken. Oh no. Crap. I like Sloan Murphy.

My eyes widening I realise he is still waiting for an answer but my brain is short circuiting. I can't like him, look what happened last time. No, this is not happening. It is not happening.

"I cleaned. My dinner is prepared for tonight. My washing is on. You might be able to smell a lot of things." I shrug, going back to putting my heel on. Act like nothing is happening. Nothing has changed.

"You? Cleaned?" He asks bewildered.

"Yes. I am actually capable you know." I snap.

"Okay." Putting his hands up in defeat he takes a step backwards. I sigh thinking I shouldn't of snapped at him like that.

"Wait. Your wearing those? Again?" He asks frowning as he looks at my red bottoms.

"What's wrong with them?" I ask looking them over, they make my legs look so good. "They're cute." I pout.

"They are a death trap."

"You are over exaggerating." Rolling my eyes I stand up walking over towards the full body mirror on the wall and checking myself over.

"I won't be over exaggerating when you fall and break your ankle in them." He snaps walking closer so he can inspect them. "How much are they?"

"Hmm" Lifting up one leg I look over the heels, "$700, $800. Something like that."

His mouth drops open, "What? For one pair of shoes?"

"They are not just shoes Sloan. They are red bottoms." I explain with an eyebrow raised.

His frown depens like he doesn't understand the significance.

"Only one of the most iconic heel style since the 1990's." I offer grabbing my handbag and walking towards the door.

"Why? They look the same as every other pair of heels." His voice trials behind me.

Without bothering to reply I bend my leg so he can see the red sole as I open the door.

"Right." He mumbles to himself, "Red bottom."

Laughing quietly to myself we make our way out of the building and into the underground car park where I spot his truck.

"How is practice going now?" I ask strapping my self in as I check my lipgloss in the mirror.

"Good. My body hurts all the time but Coach said I am making progress." He nods to himself.

I'm proud of how hard he has been working. They had a game last week and had smashed it against the other team. He deserves everything he wants, especially with how his childhood went. He deserves to not have to worry about the day to day things.

The drive is silent after that, things have been different since we had sex again. We don't argue anymore unless it's about things we actually disagree with but that tense atmosphere hasn't been replaced by anything else.

Looking out the window I remember I wanted to go to the little cafe I have been dying to try. It's the closest one to campus and everyone always mentions how good the food is so I was going to pick up something for lunch.

"Hey could you drop me off at the cafe today? I want to check it out before class." I mention smoothing over my hair.

"Uh - Sure. Do you want me to wait?" He asks looking at the time as I know he has practice.

I shake my head, "I can walk." I replied as we came to a stop outside of the building.

He eyes my shoes once again and I laugh, "Sloan they are fine. I promise."

Huffing out a breath he nods slowly, "You sure Thorn? I can wait?"

Nodding my head I smile to let him know it is okay. Something tightens in my belly and forces out a quick breath of air as my hand rushes to cover the area.

Sloan's eyes widen in panic, "What was that?"

"I don't know." I murmur racking my brains for the information I have been reading online. It isn't until it happens again that I can distinguish what is actually happening.

With a smile growing on my face I reach for his hand placing it over my bump. We sit in a tense silence while we wait for the next one, his face still tightened with worry.

Until we feel her little kick.

"She is saying hi." I whisper watching the way his face lights up.

She kicks again and my heart grows ten sizes, my love for her growing by the second but also my fear.

Leaning closer to my bump Sloan places a small kiss, "Hi little baby. I'm your daddy and I can't wait to meet you. You have to be good to your mama though, no more scares otherwise you'll be grounded."

I giggle shaking my head at him, "Grounded? She can't do anything without us."

"Good." He nods himself.

Trying to stop my smile from widening at his possessive tone I watch as she kicks his hand.

"Did you see that? She heard me." His eyes are excited as his grin stretches right across his face. My heart quickens as I stare at him, his eyes now focusing onto mine as they soften. Watching each other our faces move closer until I can feel his breath on my lips.

Then grasping his cheek he kisses me. A soft, slow, sensuous kiss as we take our time with exploring each others lips. Breathing heavily we pull away as I pant to inhale some air.

"I guess I'll see you later?" I offer unstrapping my seatbelt and holding onto the door with one hand.

"Yeah." He clears his throat, "Let me know if you need anything at all."

Sending him one last smile I open the door and step out. Turning around I grab my handbag from the floor of the passenger seat just as he reaches towards me. Placing a hand on my bump she kicks his hands again as a goodbye.

As he pulls his hands away they graze the tips of my hair, his hand pausing to grasp some of the strands, "You have your hair down." His eyes widen slightly as he looks over my face.

Stepping back I get ready to shut the door, "Someone told me they like it when my hair is down."

He grins and I grin right back before whispering goodbye and shutting the door to the car. Watching as he drives away I bite my lip feeling the tingles still lingering on my lips. Double crap, I actually like him.

Turning to walk towards the entrance of the cafe I bump into a smaller body. Small squeaks escaping us both as we steady ourselves.

"I'm so sorry." I rush out seeing her reach for her bump as I reach for mine. She's smaller than me maybe around 5'3 with deep chocolate brown hair with eyes that match. She absolutely stunning even if she is covered by an oversized t-shirt she's working as a dress.

"It's okay, it was my fault as well." She speaks back sending me a small smile and I notice she seems shy so taking a chance I blurt out the first thing I can think of.

"Are you going in?" Pointing to the cafe behind us I watch as she nods her head, her eyes watching my every move.

"Do you want to maybe get something together?" Swallowing the fear of rejection I wait too hear her reply.

Her eyes flick from me to the cafe to my bump and slowly she nods her head, "Okay. I would like that."

Breathing out the nerves that I held in I laugh lightly, "Thank god. I have never done that before."

"Really?" She giggles as we enter the building and walk towards the counter, our eyes feasting on the mouth watering sight of baked goodies and the aroma filling our senses.

"Uh-huh. Do you know what you want?"

"Um, I don't know. This is my first time in here." She shrugs looking around the place.

"Same." I reassure excited, it is a really cute space bathed in the colours of the earth, spaces decorated with tables and chairs with funky Art Deco mirrors on the walls. "I could probably eat everything." I groan looking over the display and hearing my stomach rumble.

"Pregnancy 101 I think." She mumbles smiling while stoking a hand over her stomach.

I feel myself soften as I look at her, is that what I look like when I caress my stomach? Pregnancy is such a complex thing. To grow your baby that is made up of so many moments, moments of pain and fear, moments of joy and love. Such a lengthy journey full of dangers but at the end you are gifted with this little person that is all yours.

"How far along are you?" I hear myself ask after we place our orders and make our way to an empty table. Sitting down we both huff out a breath and laugh.

"14 weeks."

My eyes widen, what? Her bump is only a little bit smaller than mine, so I thought that she might be anywhere after 18 weeks but 14? Am I not eating enough, is my baby too small? Oh god, is that why I had my fall?

I think she see's the panic in my eyes as her soothing voice reaches my ears across the table, her hand coming to rest on top of mine, "I'm having twins."

"Oh. I'm 22 weeks." I breathe. "I didn't mean to be rude. It's just I have high blood pressure so i'm high risk and I just find myself panicking at everything. You want them to be healthy." I murmur.

"I understand. I'm high risk too."

"Because of having twins?" I ask watching as our food and drinks are placed on the table.

She nods her head and wraps her hands around the mug of hot chocolate we both chose. Over eating the pastries and cakes we picked up we talk about all sorts and not just baby things either.

Even though she is definitely shy she is easy to talk to and the conversation flows both ways. We talk in away that I haven't spoken to a friend like before, where we both put in effort and it's not a one way thing.

Plus as much as I like talking to Sloan I know he needs to focus on himself more and not worry about me so much. I overheard him talking to Ronan about his dropped grades and I know he feels unsettled about it.

So maybe if I didn't have to lean on him so much he could focus more on himself. For once I am glad that I ignored my previous instincts of not to talk to others who mother would not approve, because for once it worked out.

"What are you studying then?" She asks, big chocolate eyes peering at me.

"Fashion. Although I have been stuck on this one project since before I even got pregnant." I pout frowning down at the table.

"That sucks." She sighs watching me.

Agreeing with her I ask, "Are you studying anything?"

"Physical therapy with a focus on sports injuries. Then I work in a cafe diner that my aunt owns." Smiling at me I can't help but think of what beautiful babe she is going to have. Maybe our kids could have play dates. Do kids have play dates or is that something I made up?

"What type of sports do you like? Do you not get tired working?" Frowning in concern I realise how lucky I am to have people supporting me so I don't have to tire myself out with work.

"Ice hockey and sometimes but kids are expensive and I have two coming." She giggles pointing to her stomach.

Telling her that my baby daddy is hopefully going to get drafted into the NHL I let her know once she is qualified I can get her into contact with some people. After talking for a little longer I look at the time and realise I'm going to be late for working on my project so I start to pack up my things.

"I'm really sorry but I have class soon so I have to get going."

"It's alright. It has been nice talking to you." Pushing some hair behind her ears she watches as I make sure have everything.

"Your going to be okay here? Is someone coming to get you?" Looking around the cafe like someone is going to pop up my eyes catch something on the wall distracting me.

"I'll be okay." She nods

"Can I get your number?" Turning back to her I smile and offer her my unlocked phone.

"Really?" She ask slowly talking my phone out of my hands.

"Of course. Us mama's have to stick together." I reassure.

"Also I never asked you your name? Baby brain huh?" I laugh taking my phone back from her and dropping it into my bag.

"It's Shelby." She murmurs sending me a small smile.

"I'm Evanna, but you can call me Ellie." I grin.

After swapping numbers and checking she was going to be okay I make my way out of the cafe with a spring to my step.

For once it's not my heels, but that fact that not only did I make a friend.

I also might have just discovered my inspiration for my project and I didn't know why I didn't think of it any sooner.

It was right under my nose this whole time.

• • •

Hi, Honey Bees 💛

So we made a friend! By we I mean Ellie of course.

Ellie is so organised with chores that I could never.

She is growing now so a lot of changes between her and Sloan will be happening too!

Also baby Ellie kicked! Yay!

Q's

How did we like this chapter?

How did you feel about the moments with Sloan is this chapter?

What do you think of Shelby?

What do you think is going to happen next?

End of Q's

Sending you all Love and Light! <3

If you enjoyed this chapter please,

VoteCommentShare

See you soon,

Winnie x

winnieiswriting 2022

Đọc tiếp

BαΊ‘n CΕ©ng SαΊ½ ThΓ­ch

1.5M 37.8K 41
FREE STORY. PAID BONUS CHAPTERS. ❝What started with a revenge sex, becomes something even more addictive than meth.❞ One buried childhood memory, One...
71.4K 2.9K 43
All RΓ©my Miller has ever known are lies until someone is able to give him the life changing truth. When studying at Harvard University, his path unex...
10.2M 304K 50
Ryan wasn't expecting to end up with the captain of the hockey team as a roommate, and she certainly didn't expect the initial sexual tension between...
106K 3.1K 35
A single mom with a past, and a tattooed bad boy who needs to change his future. Macy Roberston knows better than to get too close to the bad boy hoc...