Time in a Tree (All Might x R...

By smolestkohai

we've all got secrets. prime all might - welcome to the slowest of slow burns https://spoti.fi/2YMLqlp art cr... More

Chapter I - Greyday
New Girl
Turn
Friend Like Me
Make Time
Spare Time: Cherry's Tree
Trading Cards
Tell Me
Vampyr
Reunion
Spare Time: Tenders with Tauros
Bianca
Fortuity
Collimate
Descant
Dรฉsolรฉe
Your Name
Spare Time: Your Time
Dawn
Panini
Pomegranate
Betoken
Arcadia
Simmer
Spare Time: Naegi
Blunder
Spare Time: Hello There
Chapter II - Prelude
Happy New Year
Bud
Bloom
Assay
Furtive
Spare Time: Unveil
Sanguine
Melee
Ill
Hey, You
Spare Time: Excuse Me, What?
Snag
Ameliorate
Thief
Off the Moon
Spare Time: Strike
Special I: Forget Me Not
Chapter III: Anubia
Conspectus
Prognosticate
Spare Time: Gift
Omurice
Home Too
Violet
Spare Time: uwu
Cozen
Divulgence
Benediction
Welcome Back
Tacenda
Premonition
Preoccupied
Foil
Spare Time: Your New Name
Drag
Surreptitious
Spare Time: Sangwho?
Phok
Slip Up
Lament
Bewitched, Bothered, and Bewildered
Special I Part II: Loves Me Not
betabitch
Chapter IV: Fin
Pretty Little Bluff
Equilibrium
Quiescence
Hey Jewelii!
Betrothal
Spare Time: Abrupt
Familiarity
Entendre
Masticate
Spare Time: Snacks
Pantera
Sojourn
Superfluous
Irredeemable
Cloudgate
Retrograde
Book One Finale: Desideratum
Time in a Tree Book Two: Gifts from Kane
Book II Chapter I: Discountenanced

Special I Finale: Touch Me Not

955 46 14
By smolestkohai

"I brought you your breakfast." Cerise once again found herself tapping at your door, only to be greeted with silence. "Princess, please, you haven't eaten in days."

It was silent. 

"Princess?" She tapped again. "Princess?" Slowly but surely, she pushed the door open to be greeted with an empty chamber. "Oh..." Her voice shook, taking a step in quickly scanning the area. "She's not gone." Your father spoke entering the room behind Cerise. "She's-"

"She's angry, not stupid. No need to worry." He took a few more steps in, a hand resting on your writing desk as a frown pulled at his mouth. "I can only hope she won't do anything stupid." He sighed, reading over the runes you'd scratched over parchment, strewn about your desk with vials and flasks of water. Cerise, for a moment, peering over his shoulder, reached out and lifted a corked flask by it's rim. Sparks flying from the liquid as it sloshed around the container. "What is this?" She asked softly. "A bad time for whoever it lands on." He adjusted his reading glasses, eyes still on your runes. "A very unpleasant experience." He wondered when you'd made your way into his things. Where he was while you taught yourself to read and conjure such things.

"Shall I...I'll go get her." Cerise set your things down and lightly bowed. "No need." Your father waved it off, finger tips trailing under each etched line of spells. "She's in the town, the kitchen staff said she left from the window this morning."

II.

Not a single soul needed help that morning, of course they didn't. Your feet led you from end to end, corner to corner of that village. Not a bowl in sight. What you did see, however, were those new faces up close. A few of them coming up to greet you and introduce themselves. They seemed nice enough...for the moment. You let out a sigh, trying your best to stay angry, to stay frustrated. They were making it hard, these people that just waltzed in with gifts. Making themselves at home and making your people smile. You'd stopped walking to watch a group of them make repairs to the exterior of a home, pausing to wave at you while they did. They'd done that to a few structures, their handiwork having a certain mark and air to it.

How lovely it was when a little, familiar face ran up to you, grabbing you by the hand. Snatching you to your senses. "Goodmorning, little one." You smiled at the child. "Goodmorning, princess." He began to pull, coaxing you to walk with him. "Do you need something?" You asked, following him in the direction of his tiny home. "It's bad, princess." Was all he said.

"What is it this time? Is your sister stuck in the plum tree?

"Ma doesn't feel good. She won't get out of bed."

"Your mother..." Your voice trailed off while you eyed the way to their home. "How long has she been sick?"

"A few days." He kept pulling, bringing you over the threshold of the house to see his sibling sitting on the bed next to her mother. Sweating and with breath raspy, her eyes struggled to open, looking at you from behind the strands of hair that were plastered over her forehead. You winced, letting go of the child's hand, and came to her side.

"There." You adjusted the cool rag you'd placed on her head, a hand of hers wrapped weakly around yours. "Was it something you ate?" You asked softly. "She gets like this sometimes but it never lasts this long." One of her children spoke up. "How has she been treating it?" You sat forward. "She just waits until it's gone."

"Until what's gone?" A heavy step set into the living area of the home. The little ones, looking at the step's owner, took a quick retreat from the back of the house. Your lip curled as you glared so slightly over your shoulder.

"Put your distrust aside for just a moment." Enji looked over at the ill woman after entering the room completely. "A fever and what else?"

When you went to speak, the snarky and uncalled for remark you so quickly thought up was caught in your throat. You're playing games with lives, little one. Cursing under your breath, looking over the state of the children's mother, you gave in. "Her body aches and she can't keep anything down."

The redhead hummed and turned on his heel, scanning the small room until he found a kettle at the hearth. Stale water was quickly disposed of and replaced.

Now, knelt before the hearth, his hand buried itself below the pile of firewood soon joined by the sound of crackling. Peering around him from where you sat, small embers began to appear. Removing his hand, he wiped it of old ash and stood leaving from the home. You watched as he walked outside, eyes on the ground as he scanned. Finding a small patch of soft yellow flowers. Large hands taking up every bit that sprouted from the earth in one swoop. He turned on his heel, heading back inside.

"What is that?" Your eye at the plant he rolled between his palms, its green drying out into an almost brown. "What?" His brow raised while he dropped those leaves into the hot kettle on the bedside table. "I asked what that is."

"Do you not...Where I'm from, we call this fae's folly."

"That's an odd name."

"Yes, something to do with a human conning a fae into teaching them remedies and such."

"I don't believe that."

"Neither do I, but it works to cure almost anything."

"Interesting," You leaned over the boiling kettle. "Tell me, why did you dry it first? Wouldn't it have been more potent if it were fresh?" He shook his head, dried herb swirling with convection currents in the kettle. "It turns into slime if you don't. Which would be best for tinctures, but we don't have time for that, do we?" He looked over his shoulder at you. "I'm surprised you don't know what it is since your father drinks so much of it."

"You mean the tea? I brought that home from the ports."

"You don't have any ports out here." He ended in a questioning tone.

"The ones from the ball?" You turned, pinching at your chin. "That merchant must have-"

"You were at the ports? Buying tea?" You ignored him, thinking of all the times you looked over those damned flowers sprouting at random. Your father would have been in better health all this time and-

"That was you."

"Yes, yes, that was me." You waved it off. "And I'd do it again." You had half the mind to do it now. There was enough steam being let off from the cast iron, swirling up and slowly out of the windows. It wouldn't take much to soak him again.

"I'll be sure to remember that."

"Fantastic, maybe you'll carry a towel from now on." You clicked your tongue, having decided to gather up as many of those flowers as you could before the frost. How long would it take you to construct a greenhouse? What else was growing out there? Perhaps-

"That implies that my proposal has been accepted." Enji rounded you, to catch your attention.

"Not by me, by my mother." You said matter of factly.

"Well, I can't wed your mother."

"That's unfortunate, you seem to be a divine pairing-"

"I understand that you do not like me." He sighed. "You do not trust me and you do not want me here. I don't like myself very much either."

"I'm so glad you got the message. Over the moon, actually. I was starting to think I'd quite literally have to spell it out for you."
"That doesn't, however, excuse the overall way you've been acting towards your family. Your mother specifically."

Your brows furrowed almost too fast, that attention he'd been scratching at finally all his. "The last thing I need is you of all people to lecture me on how I should be handling the situation."

"I, of all people, would've hoped you'd handled it like the adult you are." He retorted calmly.

"Excuse me?"

"Your opinions are fine, you are entitled to those, but you've shown nothing but how spoiled you are since the moment my crew and I have landed. I thought more of you, even if I'd only known you for a few minutes."

"Those few minutes were horrid."

"You didn't make it seem so."

"Why are you trying to make me the villain here? How many ways must you be shown that you are not wanted?"

"Not wanted by you."

"By any of-"

"Not wanted by you. Do you plan on looking at your people and telling them you've sent me and my men away? How you despised me so much you'd send back everything we've brought and leave them with what?" He touched his chest. "People like us do not always get what we want because of these stupid titles. We do what must be done and we die, that is all. This is no more than a transaction."

You laughed. "One where I haven't been involved in any bartering?"
"You look me in the eyes, princess, and tell me you'd rather run away with someone who hasn't even shown you their face and let your people starve."

"How would they starve? They haven't so far."

"They've been surviving thus far. Your livestock grew depleted and your orchards are time consuming, since you've made it so you're the only one who can truly maintain them."

"So what then?" Your hands came together in a frustrated clap. "What is it you've come to tell me? Was it something of importance or did you just come here to taunt me? To tell me all I'm doing wrong?"

"I did not come here to taunt you, princess. Why would I taunt you? I want to know what goes on in your head-"

"Oh aren't you just charming." You rolled your eyes. "You've made it abundantly clear that there's a plethora of things we will never agree on, however I still want to know how it is that you function." He continued.

"Why in all the world would I give you the satisfaction?"

"I cannot make you, but I'd rather not learn about you from the lens of your parents when you are right here."

"My children don't seem to trust you." A voice cold and raspy spoke. "Please pardon my intrusion." She tried to sit up, pressing gently her weight on her elbow. "Ah, well look there." She pointed to the back entrance. "They're like that around most new faces, it takes them time to come around." You looked to the doorway, two pairs of eyes watching the three of you. 

"I think, princess, that they've taken after you more than me, given how often I'm confined to my bed. Though they are not with you every waking moment, they talk about you as if they are." She waved them over, two small bodies climbing into the bed and to her sides as she pushed up completely. "They still have minds of their own. What do you think of this strange prince, Ayla? Aelius?" A hand on one's head and the other on one's side as they leaned in.

"I don't know, but his people have been kind."

"They fixed the blacksmith's roof!"

"Traitors, the both of you." You stuck your tongue out. 

"Honest, princess! Honest!"

"I think they could fix more things if they stayed."

"And the giant roasted beast! It was huge, princess!"

"Did you see it?"

"Did you see how long it took to cook it?"

"You smelt it, didn't you?"

"Of course she did!"

"But you didn't see it, princess."

"You didn't see it?"

"Why didn't you?"

"You didn't come down to see."

"Prince, would you make another?"

"Would you make another beast?"

"A feast!"

"A feast!"

"So the princess can see!"

"What an interesting pair." Enji knelt down. "They're only like that when they're together." You said. "Is that so?" He outstretched a palm, one pulling into their mother slowly while the other set a tiny hand on his fingertips. "Young ones, our next beast won't be made for some days now."

"Why is that?"

"Why not now?"

"I'm saving it for something special. I can have my cooks make you all something delightful, would that suffice?" Enji continued.

"Something delightful?"

"Something light."

"Sweet and light!"

"Sweetened ice?"

"Sweetened ice!"

"Nothing sweet until after you've eaten your dinner."

"But!"

"But!"

"I agree, you'll have to wait." Their mother spoke.

"What will it be?"

"What will we eat?"

"Let the princess choose, since she did not see!"

"Yes! Princess, what will it be?"

"I- I'm not sure." You shook your head, unsure of why you'd gone along with this for so long.

"You still have time."

"But not much time."

"It's almost noon!"

"Choose soon!"

"Choose soon!"

"Aren't you two lively this morning..."

III.

"You know," You looked over your shoulder. "You don't have to come find me. You can send one of the handmaids." You sat atop your horse, a few of your many shrews playing about its hooves. Their purpose fulfilled long ago, you'd become too soft to melt them away, letting them roam around as they pleased.

"Would that be preferable?" Enji asked. He'd walked, now standing and looking over your icy pets. "Greatly." You nodded, attention turning to him as he timidly reached out to pet one. "Don't melt it." You snorted. "I'm trying to get you to like me, princess, not hate me more."

"Hate is a strong word." Your head tilted, watching as two more of your shrews curiously made their way over to him, noses poking at his calves. "Loathe then?" He glanced up at you before going back to your pets. "If that's what you like to hear." You replied.

"I'll be sure to remember that for the future. You prefer loathing."

"You're a fast learner."

"I am, that's why I came out, to invite you to breakfast."

You laughed. "Invite me to breakfast in my own home? Did my mother put you up to this?"

"Not at all. Your parents are already eating, actually. I had your staff set a table somewhere quiet and private."

Your eyes narrowed. "Why?"

"As bold and blunt as you are, you're more approachable when your parents, specifically your mother, aren't present." You continued your glare, one of your shrews now on its hind legs and pressing against his knee, demanding affection. "And as much as I know you love them both, I thought you'd like a peaceful breakfast for once this past month." He looked to you. "That is, if you don't mind."

"I'm not hungry." You turned away, stomach growling in protest. "No, you're an awful liar."

IV.

"Try these." He slid a small serving bowl to you, filled with vividly green berries, your brows knitting. "What kind of berries are they?" You picked up one of the oblong things. "Smaragdine, they're a little sweet and make the finest wine."

You looked it over a bit more before opting to pop the thing in your mouth. "Wait!" Silverware clinked against his dish as his hand shot forward too late.

Crunch

Your eyes filled with pain as you bit down onto what felt like stone. "Ouch!" You spat out the hardened berry into the closest napkin. "What did you give me?!"

"Princess, please listen-" He breathed. "Quickly." Your gaze hardened.

"I meant no harm, I hadn't gotten the chance to tell you you must bite down slowly."

Your face stiffened with disbelief and his slightly with panic, he grabbed one from the bowl and bit into it to show you. "See?" He ate another, pointing to the fruit between his front teeth, carefully biting through.

"You should consider opening with that information."

"I- Perhaps, I should. Would you try again? I really mean no ill intent."

Hesitantly, you picked up another, biting into it with all caution you had to offer. "Do you like it?" He leaned forward. "Why do they harden?" You asked. "I'm not certain. In my home, we give them to particularly difficult children to 'teach patience'."

"So this was your way of calling me 'particularly difficult'."

"Not at all! I simply wanted to share something with you that I hoped you'd enjoy. You do enjoy them, don't you?"

"They're edible." You ate another.

"I see...You'll be a thorn in my side until the day I die." He sat back in a sigh. "You should hope that day isn't too soon." You glanced at him before taking up the bowl of smaragdine. He watched you put a few into your porridge. "I'll have to refrain from telling you how to get a hold of those, maybe you'll allow me to live a bit longer."

"Maybe." Your attention was caught on the first berry that assaulted you, it's color looking familiar. You wiped it off, holding it towards the sunlight. "Sometimes we make jewelry from them once they've taken that form."

"That's why it looks familiar." Your brows lifted. "I sent you a necklace with a pendant, a rather large one. Do you remember? Did you not get it?"

"I remember," you nodded. "I told my mother to send it back."

"Ah," He cleared his throat. "I could have it repurposed into something you'd find more useful to you. Your father tells me you enjoy hunting, perhaps a bow decorated with it? I've also sent a dagger. Would you like them to match? Or-"

"Pardon my interruption," Cerise stepped forward. "Princess, your mother never sent the necklace back. It's been put with your things."

"I haven't seen it in my chambers at all." You stated. "Your other things, princess, from your carriage." Cerise nodded.

"I'd forgotten about that."

"Here I thought you'd done away with your gifts, I'm not sure which is worse." Enji sighed.

"You'll have plenty of time to think about that, I assure you."

"Ah, so you've decided to let me live then?"

"You did say you wouldn't tell me where to get these." You stood, smaragdine in hand. "I'm glad you like them, princess."

"I never said I liked them, I said they were edible."

"Right..."

"You'll have to excuse me, I have to speak with my handmaid in private."

"Don't let me interrupt. Thank you for having this meal with me."

"What's wrong, princess?" Cerise closed the door to your chamber behind the two of you, while you took repose at your writing desk. Bell left unsung hanging over the parchment you scribbled runes over. "Nothing," you shook your head, eating another berry. "My parents were watching. Did you not see them?"

"I- No, princess, I didn't." She'd carried your porridge with her, setting it down in front of you. "To the right, behind one of the pillars. They're aren't as good at hiding as they think they are."

"Should we have set the table in a different location? I can let the staff know for-"

"That's alright. It was a good enough reason to leave, I needed time to myself anyway."

"Oh," She nodded. "I'll run you a bath then."

"Thank you, Cerise."

V.

"Princess, I've warmed more water for you." Cerise said softly. "Hm? Oh, thank you." You watched as she carefully pulled the heavy pot from the hearth, pouring it into your tub. "Are you alright, princess? You've been spending more and more time soaking."

Your eyes were out the window, watching the swaying trees. They're rustling and faint voices from the town were all you heard. "No birds."

"What was that, princess?"

You cleared your throat. "The season is turning." Almost as if you summoned it, a cool breeze crept in and wrapped itself around your shoulders. "Would you like me to close the shutters?"

"No." You shook your head, going quiet.

"How long has it been?" You spoke up while she soaked your hair. "Since when, princess?"

"Since they arrived. Has it been a month?"

"Two, princess."

You hummed, a frown taking place on your lips. "Do you think he's mad at me?"

"No, princess, I think he's doing his best to adore you."

"Not, Enji." You waved it off. "Toshinori..."

"Why would he be mad at you, princess?" Cerise leaned down, trying to catch your gaze. It was still on the swaying trees. "He sent payment for the dam we need."

"Needed. The prince's men finished recently." You frowned again. "So those gems were never put to use and it looks like I took them and never spoke to him again."

"Not to solicit bad habits, princess, but have you not told him what happened?"

"All of the messenger candles have conveniently gone missing." You shook your head again. "He must be furious with me, that's why he hasn't even come."

"I don't...I don't think he's furious with you, princess." Cerise sighed. "I think this is your way of reasoning with yourself."

"What do you mean, Cerise?"

"Princess, if you can convince yourself that fellow has turned to hating you for 'stealing' a gift, that would make the arrangement with the prince easier to digest. Wouldn't it?"

You sighed.

"Again, not to solicit your bad habits, but what makes you think he hasn't been trying to write you? You know letters won't burn if the receiver doesn't have a candle."

"Why hasn't he come here, then?"

"That...I do not have an answer for. However, princess, whatever it is you do, should be based on what you know and not a tragic fantasy you've conjured up."

"What I know..."

"Yes, would you like to go over the things you know? Should we start with that fellow?"

"His name is Toshinori."

"Yes and?"

"Every land he walks on he makes his home, he said to me." Your head reclined on the wall of the tub. "What else?"

"He has eyes like starlight."

"And?"

"He's a kind, generous man."

"Keep going."

"I felt stronger then, on that night. I so confidently told him I'd do anything for my people. Why do I have cold feet now?"

"Because the prince isn't the one you want, and you're very used to getting what you want." Her fingertips scrubbed gently at your scalp. "What do you know about the prince?"

"His name is Enji."

"Mhm."

"My first encounter with him, he made himself look an ass."

"I do recall that."

"When he came here, he brought many goods and animals. There was a feast in the town's center."

"I really do wish you had tried the roasted beast, princess. I think you would've liked it."

"You're not the only one."

"What else do you know, princess?"

"My parents seem to like him."

"Princess, I can assure you your parents tolerate him."

You snorted. "There must be something happening behind closed doors then. I wouldn't be surprised."

"He's very smart, princess, so he has a sharp tongue. He's quick to tell someone what they said was...stupid."

"That isn't anything I can't handle."

"Yes, that's how your father feels. Your mother would rather see him 'thrown in the river'."

"Oh no." You rolled your eyes. "She was so excited to have someone here that reminded me of her. Oh no." You sighed again. "I know his presence has made the majority happy. You've all gone to sleep with full bellies with no help from the castle's portion."

"His people have found yours quite beautiful, and the other way around as well."

"Are you trying to tell me something, Cerise?" Your brows lifted in interest.

"No, nothing like that, princess. If your people get along, isn't that a good thing?"

"Hm. You know, if I do this, you wouldn't be my handmaid anymore."

"Princess, I understand if you leave me here."

"I wouldn't leave you. You'd have to be my lady in waiting. That's a lot of responsibility. Do you think you could handle that?"

"I'm sure I could learn, princess."

"There'll be plenty of noblemen to choose from..."

"I believe we were talking about you, princess."

"I know, I know." You puffed. "I know."

"Do you love him? That fellow? Is that why you're stuck on him?"

"I think, Cerise, that there's a sense of freedom that comes with that one. He feels different."

"Is the prince not different?"

"Different in the wrong ways." You confirmed.

"I can understand that, princess."

"I wouldn't call in a match made in hell, but there's so much left to be desired. I've thought about leaving so many times now. Taking whatever I can fit on my horse and just....go."

"Princess...you-"

"I'm just monologuing, Cerise, I've already made up my mind."

"You have? What will you do then?"

"Nothing stupid."

"What else is on your mind then, princess?"

"I was just recalling one of our conversations. I'd written Toshinori to tell him about the orchards, and I sent him a drawing of one of my shrews too."

-how lovely that is. But why did you send me a picture of a flower?

A flower?! That's a shrew!

I didn't take you for a jester, princess.

Cerise giggled. "Am I really that bad at drawing, Cerise?"

"If I may continue to speak freely?"

"Please."

"It was awful, princess."

"Really?!"

"Yes. Perhaps the prince would be kind enough to hire an art teacher for you...a patient one."

"I appreciate your honesty." You sighed.

"Princess?"

"Yes?"

"That fellow, don't you think he's a bit too tall anyway?"

"Toshinori? No. Enji is tall too."

"Yes, but not as tall."

"Why do you mention it?"

"Don't you think your height difference would make it a bit difficult to...well...you know-"

"Cerise!" You turned around, wide eyed. "Really!" She sat up.  "With the prince it shouldn't be as challenging! Hadn't you at the very least though-"

"No! I! Hadn't!" You rubbed at your temples in shock. "It's something to consider." She cooed.

"I'll consider it later. Maybe."

"I'm just happy to have seen the prince's face, but I do hope your children take after you."

"Cerise! Please, where is all this coming from?"

"Princess, you said I could speak freely and I've been holding a lot in. I hope your children take after you in every way. I'm not saying the prince is insufferable, but there are many kinks and quirks to that one that would be better off bred out." You threw your head back in a laugh, trying to speak just to be consumed with laughter again. "Cerise, always speak freely!"

"Truly?" She leaned in, hands gripping the edge of the tub. "Yes!" You clapped. "Anyone who says otherwise will deal with me."

"May I continue then?"

"Please do." You pushed forward, crossing your legs as best you could, to listen. Eyes still wide with excitement saw the grin that prickled at the corners of her mouth. "Circling back to your mother and her feelings towards the prince, I do believe she's feeling regretful."

"That's a shame." You gave a faux pout. "It's like she finally met her match, and the best she can do is dull his flames. That's why she wanted him tossed into the river."

"He's not...mean, is he?" Your brows furrowed just the slightest as you asked.

"No, but he is very blunt."

"Ah, well, I haven't spoken with him enough to know."

"There's still plenty of time to do that princess. Would you like to today? I could have something arranged."

"I...you know, Cerise, I would like that very much."

"Then it will be done." She nodded.

"Until then, Cerise, do you remember him mentioning a dagger?"

"Vaguely, princess. That was some time ago."

"Would you tell him I'd like to see it?"

"If I'm remembering correctly, it's with your things."

"Could you tell him I'll meet him there?"

"Princess...what are you?"

"Nothing stupid. I don't...Everything has to work, right? I need it to." Your shoulders slackened, eyes moving down as you began picking at your fingernails. "At the ball, out in the garden before you came looking for me," you took a breath, "we were in the moonlight. It was so full and bright, so beautiful out there. I remember he asked me who I thought would do it. Who would be the one to court me? I'd danced with so many people, I should've had an idea. I asked him why," You glanced up at Cerise for a moment, going back to your hands, "Why was he asking me something like that? Was he planning on swooping in and stealing me away from my betrothed?"

"What did he say?"

"Maybe."

"He wouldn't really do that, right, princess?"

"I think he would."

"...Would you let him? If he swooped in to steal you away from the prince, would you let him?"

"I know I would."

"Do you mean that, princess? Even though you hardly know him?"

"I feel like I've known him for ages, lifetimes even. I think that's why I've been so patient." You puffed. "I hardly know the prince. That's why I need that dagger."

"I don't understand the connection."

"I'm making sure everything goes right and I'm keeping myself from..." You bit your lip, staring back out the window.

"Alright."

VI.

"In here, princess." Cerise pushed open one of the chamber doors, revealing all the fine things she said were brought for you. "Good evening, princess." Enji, already inside, had begun organizing the various gifts in search of one in particular, he glanced over his shoulder at you seeing your nod in greeting. "I'm glad you've decided to accept this gift from me. Though finding it has been a task."

"A task indeed." You said looking around as you stepped inside. He'd found that necklace you refused some time ago, at least, that's what you assumed was inside the familiar box that sat on a small round table. You took a seat to it. "I've been filling that with jewelry as I find it. Could you sift through it and pull out what you don't like?"

"What if I don't like any of it?"

"I'll just be happy you cooperated that much."

"Is that really how you feel?" You hooked your forefinger in the box, pulling it to you. "Should I have worded that differently?" He grunted as he spoke, armful of gowns he lied across the bed. One caught your eye, deep in the pile its beading held your attention just long enough for him to catch you staring. "Do you like one of these?"

"Why a dagger, Enji?" You asked, changing the subject. "Why a dagger..." He repeated. "Where I'm from, my people are a fighting people. We give weapons to our betrothed," he sighed, crouching down. "Symbols of strength and perseverance and such." He held it by its scabbard, standing straight having found the dagger peeping from under an unorganized pile.

He'd taken the seat adjacent to you, holding the weapon out by its grip for you to take. "It's bigger than I expected." You said taking hold, true to his word, it was decorated in smaragdine. "I didn't think you'd like any of the smaller ones."

"How?" You looked at him. "You hardly know me." He shrugged. "It seemed like a good enough guess. If I was wrong, I'm sure you'll let me know."

"You're wrong, what happens now?"

"You pick one out that you like, but I can tell you're lying."

"I am not."

"You are. You had the same look on your face when you tried the smaragdine." He let out a small chuckle. "I've gotten more of those for you by the way. There in the-"

"Why are you being so kind to me?" You almost winced saying those words. Confused at his behavior all this time. Anyone else, you assumed, would have told you off and left for good.

"Should I not be kind to you, princess?" He asked softly.

"Not too long ago you were calling me spoiled and bull-headed-"

"You are. That doesn't mean I shouldn't be kind to you."

"That's not what I mean."

"I know." He sighed. "Isn't that how these arrangements work?" He took hold of the scabbard, thumb running across its textured surface. "Man finds woman and woos her. They get married and if she likes him enough, she may give him a child so the cycle can continue."

"Such a banal way of life." You puffed.

"That's the curse royals bear. It doesn't have to be that way, banal that is. My father is in good health and far from death. We have time before those priorities come to the forefront. Would you like to see the world? Maybe go to a college and enhance your powers?"

"You are really trying."

"I am. We could visit here annually. How does that sound?" He set a hand on yours, only for you to snatch it away. "I," He took his hand back. "During the frost." Enji looked up. "We hardly get snow back home. If you and I came here during the frost, I could easily keep your people warm. I'd be expelling a lot of energy, so I would spend most of my time here sleeping."

"I wouldn't mind that part."

"I'm sure you wouldn't." He smiled softly. "Then what?" You pressed.

"Anything your heart desires."

"The cycle breaks."

"That, I can't allow, my apologies." He shook his head.

"I suppose it's not 'anything' then, hm?"

"Unfortunately not. Almost anything, nearly everything."

You hummed again, holding the dagger up and in the warm light of the fireplace. Greens and blues reflecting and dancing across your cheeks. Flames flicking across the room did so on the smoothed surface of the blade. "It's a pretty little thing, isn't it?"

"What's your 'almost' in anything, Enji?" You looked up from the blade. "What is your 'nearly'?"

He took a moment to think, eyes leaving yours as he searched for an answer. Any answer that he hoped could please you. "Never betray me, that is all." He nodded, convincing himself as he said such. "Never betray me, and I will never betray you."

"Do you mean those words, Enji?" You looked into his soul. "Do you know what it means to betray me?"

"I have many ideas, princess. If that means I walk on eggshells until my last breath, then sobeit."

"Do you mean those words?" You said again, brows furrowing half in disbelief at him.

"With everything."

"You're a fool, Enji." You took the blade into your palm, brows knitting as you sliced through flesh. A squeak from Cerise as her breath was caught in her throat, she stepped back, hand covering her mouth. You turned the handle to him, sticky red covering your hand as he did the same, making his visibly deeper. "Never betray me." You held your hand out. "Never betray me." He set his hand in yours, the both of you squeezing tightly.

There was a warmth, not from your bodies, but from that vow, that turned into a white and blinding heat. It was old magic, far older than anything you'd read about. An ancient bonding that everyone someway or another knew, but few committed to. Even with eyes locked, you could see it. The sparks that shot from between your palms like struck flint. The ice that crept along the folds of your hands only to be melted by flames that poured from his wound.

They were fighting like mad dogs over the last bone, your magics were. Battling violently, painfully and you refused to let go. It burned into your chest, crawling up your throat. A searing that made every ounce out your soul scream to let go. For a split second you wondered what he was feeling, sitting there across from you. It couldn't have been pleasant, not with the stream of red that ran from the left side of his nose. Hard and irregular breathing fell in line, allowing your ins and outs to fall in tandem. Steady and pronounced inhales were unnoticeable against the vibrating that shook you from your shoulders to your fingertips. You held tight until it calmed. The heat between your palms turning warm and white light smoothing into a sunset.

"I suppose this means you have good news?"

Your heads snapped up, finding your father in the doorway. Cerise's eyes peeking over his shoulder. She must've brought him. You motioned, with your free hand, towards a gown that caught your attention earlier. "I like that one."

"That one?" Enji shook his head, looking at it then back to you. "I mean no offense, but that wasn't made for the occasion."

"We've got a fine seamstress here." Your father spoke again. "I'm sure your men wouldn't mind seeking some fine fabrics?" His brow raised. "Not at all." Enji assured. "You'd be willing to give them a few days' time to do such, correct?"

"I don't see why not. Take all the time you need."

"Cerise." You looked over to the handmaid that now looked around your father's side at you, concern plastered across her face. Perhaps I should've given her some indication of what would've been happening. But at the same time, she'd gotten your father while it was happening; would she have done the same if she knew beforehand? "Take that dress to the seamstress, tell her I'd like my veil to be reminiscent." You pointed.

"Yes, princess." She bowed lightly, taking it in a bundle out of the room. "She'll need some of her own, Enji, she's staying with me."

"Whatever you want." He sighed as his grip slackened, you did the same, letting go. "Amazing how that works." He looked over his palm and then yours, taking it into his hand and rubbing away the dried blood with his thumb. Free of scars, save for the dull pain, it was like nothing ever happened.

VII.

"You don't know how happy you've made this old woman." Your mother and Cerise lied the veil carefully over your form. Opaque, it stopped right above your wrists, the embroidery that danced along its edges brushed against your sleeved arms. The temperature had dropped further and light snow now covered the ground. "I'm not doing this for you, once again." You said annoyed. "I know." Your mother placed her hands on your covered cheeks, bringing your head into hers. "I know. You're braver than me." She tried to laugh. "How? Am I not doing the same as you?"

"I would've never binded myself to your father the way you did with that one out there, but I know my daughter. You still don't trust him but you need the best outcome for everyone, no matter the cost." She bumped her forehead against yours lightly. "You got your way in the end, didn't you, my love? So brave." Another bump. "So smart." Bump. "I shouldn't have been so hard on you." She let go, turning to Cerise who held an ornate circlet. "The damage is done." Your mother took up the circlet and placed it on your crown. "I pray the gods guide you to do better than I did." She sighed again, letting go and adjusting your veil. "It seems they already have."

"You're rambling, mama."

"I'm going to miss you." She grabbed you by the hands. "I know you may never forgive me, but I-"

Bells tolled, soft and warm in comparison to the chilling evening. "We'll talk later." She fixed her expression and led you by just one hand out of the chambers. It shook slightly. How the tables had turned, you found yourself squeezing her hand to help her find what comfort she could as your steps led you to the courtyard doors. The cold foyer was only lit by the moonlight and the two torches that adorned either side of the doors.

"You've brought a ghost along with you." Enji peered around your mother at you. She hummed in disappointment, looking over his garb. "You don't feel that's a bit much?" Flicking at one of the many medals pinned to his chest. "I don't think it's enough, actually."

"Of course you don't." She rolled her eyes, turning to you. "You take it from here." She let go slowly of your hand, only to give you one more touch. She brought your foreheads together one last time, muttering a soft protection over you before turning to enter the courtyard.

"Don't you look established." You looked over the medals your mother rolled her eyes at. There were some that were just barely visible from under his coat. "I'm not sure how you look at all." He pinched at the edge of your veil, moving to pull it up. "Is it really you under there?"

"Yes." You set a hand on his arm, bringing it down. 

"Why is it opaque? Can you see through that?"

"I can see very well, thank you." You checked over your shoulders quickly and leaned in, beckoning him down to you. "It's to keep the fae from stealing me." You whispered.

"Stealing you?"

"They've got some ancient quarrel with the people on this land and don't take kindly to weddings."

"Should we postpone it?" He reared back. "We can relocate-"

"I'll be fine after the ceremony. The seamstress and my mother made sure." You waved it off. "Right...Are you sure? Forgive all my questioning, I didn't get the chance to learn as much about your traditions as I would've liked. This is much unlike my home," He looked between you and the doors. "Why are we walking in together?"

"Normally the bride would meet the groom at the end of the aisle, however, we've already made a vow. The rules are different for us; 'binded, the two must cross the threshold into a new being as one'." You quoted from one of your many readings.

"I'll have to remember that."

"You will. I've already learned many things about your home and traditions. Don't let me make you look so careless."

"Your words sting, princess."

"Good."

The bells tolled again. "We lock arms," You took a shaky, deep breath and took his arm in yours. "We walk in tandem."

The doors began to open. "Keep your eyes forward and don't speak until we make it to that oak tree." You nodded just barely to the frosted tree that sat in the center of the courtyard, surrounded by witnesses. "I will not call out to you and I know you will not call out to me until then." You whispered. "More with the fae?"

"More with the fae." You nodded barely once more.

Clanging against the castle walls, the doors were opened wide giving way to the courtyard.

VIII.

"Can I see you now?" Enji leaned down, seated next to you at the table. You sat over the town's center, watching the festivities meant for you. The fire, bold, and large enough to cook the roasted beast illuminated homes and the dancing figures. "Not yet." You shook your head.

"Why not?"

"Are you worried you've been tricked? Do you think it isn't me under here?"

"I know it's you. You've got a certain sound to your agitation."

"A certain sound to my agitation he says." You laughed. 

"You do."

"My time with you may be tolerable after all."

"I pray the gods would be so kind." His fingers still pinched at the lacing of your veil. "When do I get to see you?"

"When I say so." You answered simply. 

"Oh, now you're just being cruel."

"I'm being honest. Is that so bad? Have you already forgotten what I look like?"

"Not at all, I-...You must be hungry, you haven't touched your plate." You looked at the small loaf of half eaten bread in his hand, and took it for your own. Bringing it under your veil to bite into it. "I appreciate your concern." You said through chewing. "I-" He chuckled. "I'm not sure what I was expecting, but I know it wasn't that."

"If I may," Your father stepped up, something large and wrapped cradled in his arms. "Yes, papa?" Your attention turned to him. "For you, child of mine." He held out the thing for you to take, your arms outstretched as it set it into you. "What is it?" You laid it on the table, unwrapping it slowly. "A parting gift."

A crossbow.

"I'm losing a hunting partner, but I hope in my absence you can take down some sizable game."

"It's beautiful." You held it up, stock resting in the bend of your elbow. "I thought you preferred your bow." Enji looked from you, to your father, to your gift. "Yes, but," You turned it, examining its carving. "This world is ever changing." You looked to Enji. "And if I'm to learn your landscapes. This would serve me better. Don't you agree?"

"I, of course."

"Of course he does." Your father motioned to the fabric that once covered the crossbow, a few arrows laid out. "I'm sure you understand these should be used while you practice your crafts. Your iced arrows still take time to be formed, lest ye be...perturbed."

"You're so hilarious, father, I didn't know you could make such amazing quips." Your face was placid, not that anyone could see it, but it was in your voice, the annoyance of his remark." Don't be too mad at me, little one. I'm only trying to extend what little time I have with you left." He held out his hand. "Come dance with your old man?" His reach stretching closer, Enji took hold of the bow in your hands. "He's right."

"But you said we'd stay until the frost lifted." You turned to the redhead.

"We will, you should still enjoy yourselves." He nodded you on, watching as your hand took hold of your father's.

"You remember this song, don't you?" He asked, leading you down into the crowd of dancing villagers. The snow kicked up and melted in the town's center. "It was one of your favorites as a small child."

"I do." Your eyes used to look up to him, tiny hands grasping at his fingertips as you tried in vain to keep up with the others dancing. Trying your hardest to convince him he could move faster, you could keep up if he gave you the chance. Close but no cigar.

Salt and pepper framed his face now, prickling at the crows feet stretching from his eyes. One foot extended as you bowed to each other, you peeked at him. His head down, there was so much more gray under his crown than back then. You looked quickly to your mother, she chatted with Enji. It was on her too, aging. Why were you just now seeing it? She'd dance with you too. She taught you as best she could, letting your little feet stand on hers. It was always quiet and in private, you'd press up on your tiptoes, you'd both face the mirror while she spoke. You needed to see what you were doing to understand. Wobbling occasionally, your grip on her hands would tighten, but she never let you fall.

You could feel your father standing upright, your eyes back on him as you did the same. Blue solstice moonlight drowned out by the burning fire that cooked the beast, it's golden hues reflected off your gown as you danced. Clapping in unison with the rest, you moved on your lonesome now. Feet prancing across the browned grass without chaperone, your form unrestricted and able to spin freely. Moving to the balls of your feet as you danced faster, your veil lifting, spinning with you. Held down only by the circle pressed firmly on your head, that's when you saw it. Eyes glued to you while the veil lifted slowly, just enough for him to catch your eye. Unsure of what compelled you to wave, your father took back your hand as you did. Glimpses between your parents and your people as you shifted in time with the musicians. Your elbow now locked into his. "I'm going to miss you, child of mine."

"I'm not going anywhere yet, papa. I'll be here until the bloom."

"Are you- right. You're right, aren't you?"

You nodded slowly, locked arms lifting until the backs of your palms touched. He looked over them, solemnly almost, before looking at you. "I'm afraid to say that, after finding the things you conjured in your chambers-" You snorted. "I am, really, but have you considered his offer, my child?"

"Which one, papa? There were so many, the man was desperate."

"To go to school." He said just loud enough for you to hear. "I know you still don't favor him. So if there's some space to keep you sane, you should take it."

"You make it sound like you've made a mistake."

"No, I," He sighed. "I didn't think you'd take it as far as you did. When Cerise came running to get me, she hadn't the slightest clue of what was happening, but she said it 'felt strange' and like 'it shouldn't be happening'. By the time I'd gotten to you, it was too late."

"Would you have stopped me then?"

"Had I been there sooner, yes. I understand why you did it, but I wish you hadn't."

"Too late now."

"Yes, what's done is done."

"Everyone got what they wanted in some form or fashion in the end."

"Do you really believe that, child of mine?''

"My people's bellies are full and they are smiling."

"Of course." He cleared his throat. " I still think it would be best if you attended one of the schools, for both of our sakes. I have a few friends who teach, I could write to them about your attendance."

"I have to ask why you haven't done this before."

"We didn't have enough to fit the bill, you do now." He pulled away, bowing and pressing his forehead to your hand. "You'll be a queen soon. Take this time to learn your craft and bureaucracy in peace while the opportunity is still at arms length."

IX.

There was a tugging at your gown, pulling your attention away from what you were doing. You'd been looking and asking for Cerise for the past half hour. Not for yourself, but for a young night that asked where she'd run off to. Not that you had an immediate answer, the most likely one was that she was helping someone somewhere with something. But there was that tugging that beckoned you so. A happy little face looked up at you. "Yes, Aelius?"

"I brought you this present." He held out a...bluebell? You crouched down, now at eye level with him and the gift. "Where in this cold did you find a bluebell?" You pinched the flower between your thumb and forefinger. He simply pointed in the direction of the wooded area across the village. "Ayla is making you a necklace but I wanted to beat her here."

"Is that so?" You crossed your arms over your knee. "Well, I thank you, but you know you shouldn't play out in the woods this late." You pointed to the roast. "The prince made that roast you two wanted so badly. Should we get her so you both can have some?" He nodded, taking hold of your fingers as you stood straight.

You walked quietly, save for your breathing, letting the child lead you as far as he would allow. He let go, taking off ahead. Your concerned voice shouting after him while he only yelled back that he saw something he wanted. How he could've seen whatever in the dark was beyond you. 

Your pace picked up, following the sound of his footsteps as best you could, the moonlight peeking just enough through the canopy to show the bluebells sprinkled around your feet. Little pockets of them as your pressed forward. "Ah, I see now." You saw just barely, not that you understood, the field of blue that lay untouched by the frost. That was where one of the children found themselves stuck in the plum tree. 

Whispers came from behind you, beside you, and above-

"Who is that?" They hushed, "Who is that?"

"Give me your name."

"Show me your face."

That would be why the flowers were still in bloom. You sped up. Mouth pursed as you broke into sprint, eyes straining for the two children. Your feet coming to a sliding halt as your broke the tree line. 

"Who-"

There, in the clearing of bluebells, stood a man securing things to his speckled horse. Quickly and almost frantically, he moved. Golden hair turned nearly platinum in the moonlight tied back with frays swaying as he rushed. "T-Toshinori?" You spoke up. He whipped around, chest heaving and eyes widened. "Princess, I-"

"Toshinori." You took a shaking step forward, his own feet leading himself to you much faster. Hands out and taking yours into his. Your heart was in your throat, head shaking and searching for the words to equal your emotions. "I'm late, I'm so sorry." He said, bringing your hands up to his mouth and kissing your knuckles gently. A tiny pain running down your palm. He pulled you along through the clearing, to his horse. "What are you doing here? I can-"

"You took your time getting here, didn't you, princess?" Cerise poked through the opposite side of the treeline, a few small bags in hand. "Cerise?" You shook your head. "Cerise, what are you doing?"

"I don't know what you did with that dagger, princess, but if you had to take it that far you shouldn't be with that man." She'd reached the two of you, handing Toshinori a bag while she situated one inside of the horse's satchel. "How did you-"

"I'll explain everything on the way." The blonde grabbed you by the waist, lifting you and setting you atop the horse. "I can't go." You went to slide down. "You have no commitments to him." Toshinori held you in place. "You don't understand- I do."

"You do not." He shook his head. "You don't. Come with me, princess, please. Let me take you away now, we'll solve everything later. Won't you come with me? Don't you want to leave?" You began a timid nod, a soft yes trying to escape your throat when another pain shot through your palm, this time running up your arm. "I can't, I-"

"Don't get cold feet now." Cerise looked at the blonde, nodding her head firmly then turning to you. "I won't be far behind you, princess."

"You don't understand, I'm trying to tell you I can't." Your voice, halfway into a sob, either went ignored or never spoken at all, they continued as if you remained silent. "I'm forever indebted to you." He set a hand on her head. "Whatever you want is yours on arrival."

"Stay focused." She brushed his hand away and turned for the trees.

"Where are you going with my wife?"

Silence from the three of you blared louder than any horn. You looked up, red lighting the way to the clearing from the flames that danced at Enji's temples. A literal rumbling emitting from his chest that you felt on your own the closer he became. Feet crushing bluebells as he reached the treeline, heat pulsing from his form wilting the ones just too close. Your crossbow tucked and aimed at-

"What is he doing here? Hm? What have you done, woman-"

"Enji, I did not know!" You choked, hand pressed on your chest. "I did not know!"

"Who did then? Who brought him here?" Crazed, his eyes cut to Cerise. "Was it you?"

"Enji, stop being a fool. You will not spill blood here." You hissed.

"And who are you to stop me?" His eyes still on your handmaid.

"I don't have to, but they are here. I can hear them, Enji, do not soil their ground."

"I'll kill them too then." He sucked his teeth. "What of it?"

Toshinori stepped forward, an arm out and pushing Cerise behind himself. "Cousin,-"

"DO NOT CALL ME THAT." His flames shot outwards as he yelled.

"Be rational, Enji. Put the weapon down and let-"

"What did he just call you?" You choked on your words. "Enji, what did he just say to you?"

"Why? Why do you care?" His head shook. "Why do you need to know?"

"You lied to me." Your chest heaved, "You lied! You said-"

"It doesn't matter if I did, does it? I have you now."

"Can we talk about this?" Toshinori pulled the attention from who was now outed as his family. "We can negotiate-"

"Negotiate?! Just like you to waltz in here and find your hands upon my wife. To take what is not yours and attempt to barter with me? You lily livered, magicless, freak!"

"Huh?"

"Oh, you didn't tell her?" Enji cackled. "Of course you didn't. Who could even fathom a royal with no powers? Useless and unwanted garbage, that's why his mother died after birthing him. She couldn't stand the thought of having brought such a joke into this world-"

"You will not bring my mother into this."

"But I will." The redhead grinned. "You're just like your father who took away my father's betrothed- HERE YOU ARE, Toshinori, cousin, my BLOOD, attempting the same."

"Your father is a fool who impregnated a whore and ran his betrothed away. Don't misremember-"

"You shut your mouth." Enji stepped forward.

"You're a bastard that no one wants." The blonde moved just enough to make sure you and more so Cerise were blocked from view.

"I've been legitimized-" Enji huffed.

"And no one desires a legitimized bastard. Did you withhold that information?" Toshinori looked over his shoulder at you for just a moment to ask "Did he tell you that much?"

"Tell her for what? Should I also tell her I tried to be nice, for sake of my father's aging heart? Tell her you've been wounded how many times? How many times your hand has been rejected when your potentials find out you have no power?"

"I knew she wouldn't-"

"And if it weren't for that old man's kind soul I would've had her months ago. I tried to be kind to you, give you a chance, or at the very least enjoy watching you be rejected once again. You took too long-"

You took hold of Toshinori's shoulder for stability, bringing yourself down and between them. "Enji, let him leave."

"What is the meaning of this?" Your head cut to see your father, followed by your mother, breaking through the trees. "A public execution." Enji hissed. "Don't be silly." Your mother sucked her teeth. "You're grown, use your words."

"I will not negotiate with a wife stealer. I will kill him and be done with it."

"No you will not." You shot. "You will let him leave and you will not betray me just as I have not betrayed you, Enji. Stop this."

"No-" He tucked the crossbow in, aiming when his hand pulled backwards and fingers contorted against his will. "Fine!" He growled, "This won't go unpunished." He turned to Cerise as she tried slipping away while you were all distracted. "I know it was you." Hand forced to submit, he took hold of the crossbow fully, leaving no time for reply when-

"NO-"

Blue petals erupting from the ground as she fell, grabbing hold of her head as it took most of the fall...push...

Push.

Your hand at your side, grasping the arrow in your torso. Your vision going hazy as you snatched it out. Your equilibrium failed you, you felt arms catch you as you fell. You could hear just fine, the sound of your mother wailing, your father holding your hand, begging you to hold on. Cerise had dragged herself over to your side, incoherently speaking. You struggled, pulling weakly at the veil, Toshinori lifted it. 

"Ah." You sighed out. You could breathe just a little bit better now, see just a little bit better now. You saw him, on the other side of the clearing. You watched as Enji fell to his knees, hand over the wound he'd given the both of you while red seeped between his fingers and soaked his clothes. Soft amusement as you looked over to him, hearing the whispers again. You brought a finger to your lips and pointed to him, motioning for your family to hush and look.

Bare witness to the darkened hands that invited themselves from the earth and the tendrils they brought with them. "Who's this?" They whispered. "Who's this that defiled our home?"

"I heard them call him Enji."

"Enji."

"Enji."

"Enji, do you want to live?" Those tendrils wrapped around his limbs, one slithering up his back and around his neck. "Do you want to see the sun once more?" He forced himself to nod, pulling against the force on his neck. "Y-es."

"You do?"

"You do."

"He does!" They tightened, forcing his body against the ground, a grunt escaping his throat. "A few more sunrises until we're tired of you, then." They began to drag, pulling him into the cover of the trees, moving faster as he panicked. Having changed his mind just that fast, grabbing helplessly at the bluebells, digging his nails into the dirt to no avail. He was pulled out of the clearing, screech following behind as you lost view of him.

Then there was nothing.

You let out another sigh, looking up at the sky. The moon having carved the perfect hole in the trees around you. "Stop crying." You felt your parents' hands shaking in yours. "Child of mine..."

"My starshine..."

"Starshine...I don't..." Your breathing slowed. "I don't remember the last time you called me that, mama."

"My starshine." She squeezed your hand.

"I- I can find a healer, there must be one back at the-" Cerise, gripped at your arm. "That knight was looking for you, Cerise." You rasped. "You should find him and run away together. I think you'd be happy."

"Stop talking like that- I- I can fix it. I-" Words caught in her throat, you told her you'd be alright just this once without help, when a tear fell between your brows. You were reclined in his lap after all, you looked up at tear filled eyes. "Forgive me."

"For what?"

"I should've been here sooner. I-" He placed his hands on your cheeks, your head shaking ever so slightly. "I can't be upset with you, I feel like I've known you for too long to be upset. Does that make sense?"

"No..." He tried to smile. "But I'll make it make sense."

"That's good..." You looked back to the sky. Just like at the ball. "The moon's beautiful tonight, isn't it?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19K 1K 32
"๐˜›๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ'๐˜ด ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ด ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ต ๐˜ˆ๐˜ญ๐˜ญ ๐˜๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ ๐˜–๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฅ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ญ ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ'๐˜ด ๐˜ฒ๐˜ถ๐˜ช๐˜ณ๐˜ฌ๐˜ด." "๐˜š๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข...
12.7K 467 26
โ‡ข My life is a complete mess. That's basically everything you need to know. I welcome you to my crazy, twisted, โœ„๐š•ฬถ๐š˜ฬถ๐šŸฬถ๐šŽฬถ๐šœฬถ๐šฬถ๐š˜ฬถ๐š›ฬถ๐šขฬถ.โ™ก๏ธŽ โ‡  โ ...
84.1K 2.4K 46
When Y/N transfers to U.A during her 3rd year from the States she meets the infamous class and their teacher, Mr. Aizawa Studying along with her new...
14K 1.1K 14
๐–ณ๐—๐—‹๐–พ๐–พ ๐—’๐–พ๐–บ๐—‹๐—Œ ๐—ˆ๐–ฟ ๐—๐—‚๐—€๐— ๐—Œ๐–ผ๐—๐—ˆ๐—ˆ๐—… ๐–ฟ๐—ˆ๐—‹ ๐–บ ๐—…๐—‚๐–ผ๐–พ๐—‡๐—Œ๐–พ ๐—๐—ˆ ๐—…๐–พ๐—€๐–บ๐—…๐—…๐—’ ๐—„๐—‚๐–ผ๐—„ ๐–บ๐—Œ๐—Œ. ๐–ฒ๐–พ๐–พ๐—†๐–พ๐–ฝ ๐—…๐—‚๐—„๐–พ ๐–บ ๐—€๐—ˆ๐—ˆ๐–ฝ ๐–ฝ๐–พ...