I was Reincarnated as an Ant...

By KonoXwrite

Inspired from "So I'm a Spider, so What?" a light novel written by Okina Baba and illustrated by Tsukasa Kiry... More

Chapter 0 - Soulmate's Apprehension
Chapter 0.5 - Soulmate's Apprehension pt2
Chapter 01 - Dungeon Twins!
Chapter 02 - Hi, am Jan!
Chapter 2.5 - Hi, am Jan!
Chapter 2.5.5 - Hi, am Jan!
Chapter 03 - Fated Twice, but not Twins.
Chapter 3.5- Jan, The Gladiator
Chapter 3.5.5 - Jan, The Hero
Chapter 3.5.5.5 - Cont. (Extended)
Chapter 04 - The World of S-Class
Chapter 4.1: Nih's Tale
Chapter 4.1.1: Nih's Tale
Chapter 4.1.1.1: Nih's Tale
Chapter 4.2: Nih's Tale
Chapter 4.2.1: Nih's Tale
Chapter 4.2.2.1: Nih's Tale
Chapter 4.3: Nih's Tale
Chapter 4.4: Nih's Tale
Chapter 4.5: Divinity of the OverSighters
Chapter 4.5.5: Divinity of the OverSighters

Prologue - Skills don't end without completion...

259 6 1
By KonoXwrite

I was Reincarnated as an ANT!, Vol. 2

Story by Gister (Pen Name)

Cover art owned by Author.

This book is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places, and incidents are the product of the author's imagination or are used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual events, locales, or persons, living or dead, is coincidental.
__________________________
"My Liege, what's wrong?"

the old man would ask as he woke up to see his wife in distress. She was the famed Demon Lord that had halted the [Banquet of Demons]. She was one who held the pillar of peace among all the new and old Demon Lords. Ever so was she never afraid, for tomorrow was her yesterday. However, ever since a year ago, whenever she'd converse about the dungeon she'd built creating a great boon for her.

She had lost the ability to predict its future, it was if something within that very dungeon had blocked her. She was recently certain that a human knight with the [Hero's Egg] had overcame her dungeon and defeated her [Dungeon Core] she'd summoned. Nonetheless she had seen the predictions but...something changed! The prediction came to past but suddenly the world became stagnant as of a pause had occurred. She always prayed to the Gods for clarity.

They'd always give her a glimpse of the possibilities to choose. Now. The Gods were ever so quiet. Something had changed the heavens and the earth below, and it had to do with her Dungeon! Was the knight given a skill that counter her? The system always had a balance of sorts, each skill made had its counter and ways around it. Nothing was ever absolute, the system always adapted and changed with the times. The knowledge of the world only served to increase its capacity, people always summoned hero's from other worlds. This was the issue with humans!

They fed the system new complications that it's grew free to change and advance further leaving those of the this world behind! Her anger would now radiate from her as the old man's touch would bring her back to reality. Turning to face him, he was now old, while she was barely aging, the [Immortality skill] he had hadn't maxed out as her's so she knew he had a another 100 years before he would too leave her. Their son would soon knock on the majestic door to their room but getting permission to enter with her being naked. She'd quickly cover herself as her prediction skill gave her moments before he could see them. "I'm coming in!"

"Lord Marzi, you're-"

"Let him in, (sigh) what do you want now?"

"Mother, Father, Good day! The humans of dusty earth have asked to seek permission to pass through our lands. May I kill them?"

"No son, (sigh) you cannot-"

"I'm talking to the Queen!"

"DON'T YOU USE THAT LANGUAGE WITH HIM!" 'Tsk' with an annoyed look to his father, he would disappear out of sight as he would teleport, with the guards scrambling to chase the young lord, they would leave the two along while some quickly would apologize for not being able to stop him. Closing the two heavily large doors, the two now were alone again. The doors having a set skill of blocking noise from the outside, the two could go on to converse. "(Sigh) don't worry about him, I'll try to reprimand him somehow."

"Honey, and how do you suppose to do that, he barely matches you in power, sooner he'll be stronger than you and me completely. Let him be, I know where his heart is, besides it doesn't bother me anyways. I love him dearly."

"I know dear. You too kind."

"So what got you up in the morning?"

A long pause would ensue as she would stare at the wall in distress. Looking away as though at a distance, she would breath in and inform him of what she had known. "That can't be! We must prepare to remove that knight completely! His going to undo the peace of the world as it is. The Demon Lords at the moment cannot engage in mindless behavior because of us! If they break the code as very much possible, the-one-who-shall-not-be will return! That Demonic Hero cannot be freed! We must task the [Great Grand Dragons] with this!"

"Hush, if you speak of them, they'll telepathically connect to contact-"

"My mistake-"

《 WARNING!『Psychic Connection LV9』was enabled! 》

Bowing in place as the husband quickly followed too, she would raise to her feet as the connection gave her the glimpse of aura of a humanoid dragonoid appear in psychic form. "Speak freely."

"Surely our Guardian, we have trouble. O-please harness my thoughts as i relay them to you."

"Accepted." a moment of a pause as they awaited the visage to decide on its next decision. A smirk would appear on its face as the green lizard man would laugh boasting in power, "I see. So that knight has grown more powerful than I expected. I see. Worry not, I'll get rid of them. Keep me posted if that does change. However, you now owe me 300,000 souls. Make it happen. I surely enjoy our mind games, I hate to see you lose such a fun aspect of who you are known to be, [Demon of Time-Sight]. So long!"

With the connection cut off, the two would relax, "I hate to be annoying, but you still think you can take him?"

"For now, no. Before, yes...its just unfair True Dragons cannot die, they simply incarnate into another living mindless Dragon. Forever the true immortals, wait. Suddenly as she would use her ability this time however with 100% the cost, she would see the Green Dragon of the world perish from existence. A humanoid entity with black antennas would fizzle the image as she would attempt to get a clear look on what that being was, she would reach a spatial-spiritual block of sorts that prevented her from seeing further!

"I-I-got a glimpse of...it. I don't think its a human, but something like a...a new Demon-Lord. Which means, the dungeon i made produced a possible Demon lord who's going-

《WARNING!『Primordial God - Yunie, of wisdom and foresight』Requests Intel, do you wish to Grant knowledge?》  

"Yes."

"Yes?" he would as he was confused to her sudden kneeling only for him to quickly follow suit as a glow of holy light would engulf her, he then knew she was in connection with the Gods above. Surely they had wanted something from her. In moments of silence as she knelt, the glow would disappear. She would stand, "Did they say anything?"

"No, the goddess simply wanted to know what i knew. It seems the god's themselves cannot predict the nature of this being and it seems i caught a sight of something they couldn't foresee. The system isn't working correctly, something big is amiss within the universe now. It all belongs to that being with the black antennas. He was something, I couldn't even get his fully physical features, it was if he quickly noticed my attempts on spying his future and blocked me out. He has the skills to counter me completely! We need to find him. He is the reason my skill isn't canceled as he is a part of it still. Normally creatures of the dungeon when killed no longer count. Meaning right now, he is unnamed and therefore if I can come in close contact with him. I may attain the greatest vessel the Gods seem to desire. They may even allow me into Godhood too! Honey! We have to prepare for the [Demon Lord Banquet]!"

"At your command my Liege!" with the meeting done she would quickly prepare to call froth her banners of command for a large meeting before, for the first time ever in her life undoing her self-promise to never hold the Banquet, she now had a new goal. To the find the future bug of the system and bend it to her will!

*****

The Demon Lord of Time-Sight's territory was massive, the land encompassed both sides of the continent from one see to the other. She ruled fairly and with respect, enough to allow even humans to travel through her lands unharmed. She was a peaceful beauty yet suddenly upon her Dungeon being ruined by a [Knight-Lord] Class-warrior. She quickly changed the rules and made it impossible, furthermore, constant conflicts with other Demons shifted. The proclaimed prince of their land, a [Lesser Demon Lord] was a new class unknown to the world. He was quiet the handsome terror that captured youngling warriors and made them into his slave. His ill-behavior towards the males as his erotic play-toys gave him enough disdain from the battles that seasoned warriors of the [World's International Adventurer Guild] issued bounties on his head.

South of the Demon's lands was the [Desert of Dune], massive akin to the Demon lord, it housed four kingdoms, sadly one was no longer present due to the ill-Demon lord prince. He had destroyed that kingdom and emerged victorious. On the west of the [Desert of Dune] was the [Kingdom of Feric]. The [Beast-kin] ruled strong, their empire extended beyond the seas. The whole west-lands were proclaimed to be theirs, as constant wars with other Demon lords ensured. Humans and Beast-Kin around the world respected each other and feared their motives. Due to how Beast-Kin and Humans could inter-breed among each other, a sort of neutral pact was in shape. Cousins of kin, allies against the monsters of the world, and surely Demon-kin fork alike. The Skies floating fortresses held complete neutrality to all, these creatures were akin to Beast-kin and humans, yet they were known as [Winglings], they were like Elfs who kept to themselves as they only battled Demon-kins. The Elfs ruled on an island of mighty giant forest trees in the east of the Demon Lord of Time-Sight's territory. Proclaiming their soil as the [Kingdom of Iks], never had a human or Beast-kin been allowed passage towards it, nor were any other race besides the Winglings. These trees grew comparable to mountains, this was their fortress against the world and most importantly the Demon-kin. Along the lands, Demon-kin were known as nomads tribes of savages that roamed the earth. The humans who had ruled two kingdoms now ruled on this Continent. Humans being the most dominant species of the world, were also the most with struggles of attacks. The north lands having to regions, separated by a massive crater-like land that one would believe to be an ocean, had once hosted two powerful nations. Now only hosted one, the last [Kingdom of Ceristeron].    

"Father said he has got information on the red ant that meets the same description as one we know." Mary was always annoying when she had her mind on something, it was set in stone she wanted this ant for herself. I knew keeping it with us and taming it would surely bring a great boon for our status as Royals of the Beast-Kin. However, I had second thoughts recently, what if this beast wanted to be free and not tamed, then what?

"If you think I cannot tame it, your so over your head. I am mastering art and forms of taming beasts, right now I can even tame a Dragon!"

"Mary, you meant a Lesser-Dragon, True Dragons cannot be tamed." I would say exacerbated by her as I would try to regain my form of swordmanship. He yelling at me as i would her go on and on about how unfair I had attained『Magical Beast Attunement LV1』while she hadn't got anything seemed unfair. She was already the better of us, she seemed to attain skills faster than I, on the other hand, hadn't attained any skills since. Even before, she was proclaimed to be the next in line while I was to be to the side Royal prince. Now things had changed. Magical creatures would flock to me kindly as if they wanted to get in touch with me. I didn't have taming nor the many times i had attempted, it seemed to not click within me. I was a shallow-star they proclaimed, my only rival was myself. Yet, my twin sister never once saw me that way, she seemed to believe i was a threat to her in line. I couldn't see it. He was three times stronger now than she was before while i stayed constantly the same. "Fine, lets go see this village in the Desert of Dune and see if its true. If it is and someone else has tamed it, promise to give up. Okay?"

"YES!"

"I said-"

"Let's go. I couldn't go by myself unless i got you involved, that's what mother said."

"Wait, so i had to-"

"Come on, pack up get ready! Adventure awaits us!"

******

With the morning coming early, the cold winds would race across the lands. The vast sand dunes were quiet but ever so active if one listened. The two handy-leggers had many secrets, and tricks. They used weird things and acted in ways one wouldn't understand. They knew everything and built things from the ground and conjured elements that weren't known to me.

They terrified me as much as they awed me, their skins had bodies that didn't make sense yet they drew strength from it. I didn't understand and as much as I pondered on it. It reminded me of a certain Ant, yes. That one red ant that I hadn't seen in my desert. It was smart, quick and very canning, it manipulate and terrified all other creatures despite it being so small and weak. I knew hunting would grant me my next evolution but I was so interested in the adventures of its battles and tricks. It was just like the handy-leggers that moved around the place. When I was so close to it, I felt like I was in danger yet I knew I was stronger, it gave off the same impression the handy-leggers had. I have been tracking the scent of it for days and I think the handy-leggers have captured it. I miss its weird chirps and random things it played around with. It was always testing things and curiously learning of its area.

While thinking on the past, something approaches me, using『Magical Heat Sense LV9』 I knew what it was, the handy-leggers with horns. They were annoying, unlike the other handy-leggers, they were akin to Magical beasts so I deemed them ignorant-handy leggers.

I was the famed [Lion-Foxtails], nothing in this area could challenge me besides the handy-leggers. I ruled the desert as if it was another tail of mine. Now as they approached me, i would sense i was surrounded. Sighing to myself as I knew combat was next, I would retain the small form to allow them to get closer so I could finish them quickly in a single attack.

Soon enough as expected, they would creep inch by inch as I licked my paw acting unaware of them. They would besiege me, or so they thought as they would unleash their skill attacks, Earth elements, Fire elements, Wind elements, and some sort of spear-like attack. I would release my form transforming into my original state as an explosion of power would arose from me. Quickly evading the spear using my nine tails to slash their heads off clean as I crouched evading the spear. All six would die instantly, such an easy morning meal had been delivered to me.

*****

"Clent, listen you gotta find a purpose in this-"

"What is it?"

"I sense a D-DRAGON! A TRUE DRAGON!"

《 WARNING!『Psychic Connection LV9』was enabled! 》

The two would instantly ready themselves as the gigantic dragon would land shaking the ground as the havoc presence of magical pressure ensured the area.The two weren't no jokes either, the [True Dragon-Eness] was on his guard as well. These two were very much able to hurt him at least or even worse leave him in a state very much possible to be at a disadvantage against the Demon Lords.

He had to play his cards right, the woman was a [Witcher-Knight], while the man was a [Knight-Lord]. Both these classes were rare and very much one in a million to see. Coupled together, they could very much be Demon-Lord level in strength, perhaps stronger given they were humans.

Humans used tools and many tricks to win a fight, meaning their status never really displayed their true power in combat, as a being that lived long enough to see this, Eness wasn't no foul. He knew his status as a threat to them and very much the greater of the two but he wasn't about to challenge that.

"I heed no threat, for i seek information from you two. If lies and deception are given, I shall do combat with you both!"       

"Ohh? What does say, Client?" she would speak, the beauty she was gave no incline to the true wicked class being any false. She was a mage-knight that was holding a class famed to be the ultimate of both maxed. He was a knight-tank, that maxed the proficiency too. Their team was serious threat and surely no push-back to a Challenger.

"True Dragon, i assume you've been give a tip and rather seek to conform your guesses. If knowing the possible candidates and our prior history of adventurous of feats done, I'd assume a Demon Lord is contracted to you?" Client would speak to the dragon as it would quietly look down lowering its head to get a closer look at the keen-sight of a man he was.

"Client, if what you say is true, then..."

"No need to worry Mesigher, he posses no threat to us. He better have a barging at least for the information."

Chuckling as the True Dragon would then oblige, "Do say what you need, fighting you both would leave me in a dire state either way, of course for you both. Death."

"Well then, shall we?" Mesigher calming as she would take a sit calmly annoyed a fight was avoid because Client seemed more reasonable, she would take out a potion from her [Pouch of Holding] as she stared at the two exchange mental thoughts. While she was dis-included from the interaction. With a roar as the True Dragon seemed pleased, she would see Client struggle to cut off a scale of the mighty True Dragon, only for her to stand and retrieve from her pouch a glowing taking staff, "(Sigh)...move. We cannot fail our bargain now can we. With a swipe of the sharp divine-like staff, two scales would drop.

"That wasn't part of the deal!" The True dragon would attempt to cast a barrier to prevent the Teleportation, only to see a pouch laying on the ground as the two had leaped directly into it. The instant barrier would've succeeded to preventing any Temporal-related skills from working, however a simple loop hold was the pouch of holding having a pocket space secured into a seal of anything stored.

This new lesson the True Dragon would shock Eness and he became enraged to the canning of the two. These two had claimed the anger of the True Dragon and his revenge. Within the pocket space, Client had used is Spatial blade's ability to cut into another fabric of space as Mesigher instantly and simultaneously cast a 『Teleportation MAX』 skill along with a『Spatial Nullification MAX』 + 『Spatial Detection Nullification MAX』accordingly with Client using『Ultimate Skill • Shadow Soul Clone』which left fake traces of their presence hidden even to the True Dragon Eyes. Meaning tracking them would require the Eness to meet them again.

Now knowing above the grounds, the True Dragon would eventually catch them, as he would scour the grounds from the heavens as he flew at insane speeds above. They had either way bought enough time, years worth of it. Their soul signature was now anew as well as their magical wavelengths. However, their other physical features however that was a give way, but that could be hidden much more easily. The duo proved quite the terror that even Eness hated himself for approaching them. 

Their aimless ambitions in the world thankfully didn't resort to creating true chaos, but surely they were the "Unnamed Demon Lords" of the world.

///

Author's Note, "I am not back yet, am just writing ;)"

///

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

624 2 50
Re:Monster is a Japanese web novel written by Kanekiru Kogitsune and published by Alphapolis. It was later adapted into a light novel, inspiration fo...
7.5K 215 60
Re:Monster is a Japanese web novel written by Kanekiru Kogitsune and published by Alphapolis. It was later adapted into a light novel, inspiration fo...
4.9K 158 21
This is a sequel of my previous Story " That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Human ? ". Yes I decided to change the name, cause it was a mouthful to be...
832 56 30
Re:Monster is a Japanese web novel written by Kanekiru Kogitsune and published by Alphapolis. It was later adapted into a light novel, inspiration fo...