Hermione's Second chance

By NikkiGranger98

Hermione dies in the final battle jumping in front of Harry taking the killing curse. Death isn't happy about... More

Intro
The truth and the Rat
Frist and Second Year
Meeting Remus and Sirius. Third Year.
The Full Moon
Fourth Year Part One
Fourth year part two
Shopping before the Pink nightmare part 1.
Pink nightmare Part 2
The Attack
Three to go
Year 6
Update
Another one gone.
The War Part One
Updated
War Part Two
The War Part Three
Healing
The Last Two
Wedding Prep

Summer and a Dinner

670 16 0
By NikkiGranger98

"So this is the summer before my 5th year; this is where the order fuck up and caused my father's death." her voice cracked as she spoke.

Sirius put his hand on her thigh and stocked it with his thumb, letting her know he was there. Most people gave her a reassuring smile. Even Snape gave her a small smile, but Moody was still not trusting, and Dumberdore had a sad look. Taking a breath, she poured the memory.

They watched as Hermione held Harry on the train running her hand through his hair. Ron, Nevile, and Ginny sat across from them, not saying a word to each other during the ride home. The memory skipped to them getting off the train, and there waiting was Dr. Granger; as soon as he saw Harry, he pulled him in for a hug holding him tightly with tears in his own his; he pulled back and gave Harry a sad smile.
"I am so proud of you. Harry, you did your best, and that is all anyone can ask. You should never have had to go through that."

Harry's eyes filled with tears as he nodded his head. The three then left the station and made their way home.

As they arrived home, there was a woman with pink and purple hair next to her with Remus. As they approved them, Remus gave a smile.

"Harry, Hermione, Dr... David, we are here to watch you guys tonight and tomorrow morning; then someone else will take over, this Nymphadoras Tonks
" Nice to meet ya, Harry; Hermione wishes it was in a better way, but here we are. Please call me Tonks," she said with a smile and the last part while glaring and smirking at Remus.

As they watched the memory, Hermione looked at James, Sirius, and Remus. James and Sirius had big grins, while Remus blushed slightly.

They watched as the three sat down for a meal, and they watched Harry take some food out to Remus and Tonks.
The memory skipped the next day as Tonks and Remus left, and Mundungus Fletcher came to take over the watch.

"Moody had to talk to Dumbledore; he will be here soon," he spoke. Harry and Hermione just nodded, going back inside. They watch as three sit down for a movie, their backs to the door, watching the tv. The door blasted open the three jumped up. Harry and Hermione grabbed their wands; Dr. Granger opened the side unit drawer, got his gun, and pulled the kids down behide the couch.

"I have a gun, and I will shoot, " Dr. Granger shout

They heard a laugh and saw a spellfire above their heads before Harry or Hermione could react. Dr. Granger went on one knee, firing his Gun toward the men dressed in black. Taking one of them down, Hermione got up and was about fire a spell when she was hit, knocking her out.
Dr. Granger came back down and saw his daughter; he looked at Harry he grabbed him.

"Now listen, good Harry, I need you to get to the fireplace and take Hermione, no, no, don't worry about me. Tell her how much I love her. I love you too, Harry, and I couldn't be prouder to have you as my son-in-law. I am sure your father and mother would be so proud of you. Now go and get help but stay with Hermione, okay" Harry nodded quickly, hugging Dr. Granger.
As Harry grabbed Hermione, he saw, Her father jump up to open fire at the men in his house, Harry saw the red light him the man brought him to his knees, but Dr. Granger didn't stop shooting until he ran out of bullets, the green flames flared as he feels into the Burrow his eyes filled with tears.

He was holding Hermione tightly when Arthur ran over to Harry, and without hesitating, he ran to the floo with his wand out. Quickly kissing Molly on the cheek, he opened the floo to the Granger and fired a curse as he went through. Molly sends her patronus off to Dumbledore and the order.

They watched as Arthur and Dumbledore came back through the front door. Arthur had an injured arm and was walking with a limp.

"Now, Harry, it's not safe for you here. Let's get you back to your aunt's house."

"You were meant to protect us at Hermiones; want to happen, huh? This is your fault. And not going back there " before he could carry on, Dumbledore raised his wand, and the memory went blank and ended

Nobody spoke. Moody looked at Dumbledore and then at the young women who had been through so much most of it caused by those trying to do good.

"Mr. Weasley, sadly, you couldn't save my father, but you did save my house, my father's, and my belongings, so thank you. "

"What happened, " James asked, panicked

"Ohh simple Snape told Dumbledore that there was a planned attack at my house, so he swapped the people who would be watching my house; he then knocked Harry out and sent him to his Aunts against his will and had me locked inside Grimmauld place with Sirius, no one could take me out the house due to the charm Dumbeldore put on the house, Harry was attacked by Dementors and almost expelled I heard about this, and I deluded Dumbledore in Grimmauld place kitchen" taking a breath "I was finally let out of the house as it was the reading of my fathers Will lucky Harry was aloud with me as it was after he was attacked and after his trial."

After that, the table kicked off, shouting and arguing across the table; most were directed at Dumbledore; Sirius was trying his best to stay calm, but then suddenly Remus jumped up, his eyes yellow, and he was breathing fast and quickly.

"You hurt cub, you hurt both cubs," his voice growled

Hermione was quick to put her hand on Remus's chest. "Moony, look is okay; it hasn't happened. Am okay "
Moony looked down, putting his head on Hermione's "cub, okay," he gruffed out as Hermione nodded.
Once everyone claimed down, Remus managed to sit down, controlling his breaths and not letting Hermione go yet.

"I believe it might be best to wait for the rest. "

"That might be best, I won't show you all of my fifth years, as not much happened, just what you need to know " Dumbledore nodded his head.

They all left; before entering Potter's house, Sirius grabbed Hermione's hand.

"I would like to take you for dinner, Mia, if you don't mind. I mean, well I really umm," he started to get flustered. Hermione smiled at him. Kissing his cheek.

"Yes, I would like that," she smiled at him. Sirius face lit up.

As they walked into the house, everyone saw Hermione and Sirius holding hands; Lily smiled at the pair as they told them they would be going out for dinner. Lily gasped and dragged Hermione off to help her get ready. The two women giggled as they picked out a dress for her. Harry is on the bed, clapping his hands or frowning at the dress choices. Then they found a friendly, simple but lovely dress. Harry began giggling and clapping his hands nodding his head. The women laughed at him as he smiled with his small green eyes beaming up at them.

(Hermione's dress)

She wore simple flat shoes and had her hair up with light make-up. She looked at Lily, who wore a big grin.

"Mia pretty," gurgled a small Harry as he made grabby hands to her. She just smiled and picked him up.

"Why thank you, Harry, your rather cute yourself " she tapped him on his nose, and he giggled, kissing her on his nose and leaning, reaching out for his mum.

As they head downstairs, the three men are talking Sirius is standing in a muggle suit, with a huge grin on his face.

They both smiled at each other.

"I mean wow you look beautiful," Sirius said as he could keep his eyes off of her.

"You look very handsome, who know you cleaned up so well," she said with a cheeky smirk.

They both laughed as they left the house, with the three watching them leave.

The pair disappear into the night, the other head back inside and sit down to eat.

"So you gonna tell me where we are going, " Hermione asked as he looked at Sirius in his eyes smiling

He just shook his head smiling. "All I will say is it is an Italian place".

They appeared together and appeared in Florence, Hermiones eyes widen as they carried on walking to a small restaurant, and sat down.

" you have such a beautiful smile, your face just lights up"

Hermione could help but blush, and smile as she turned her head. She looked at him, getting lost in his eyes.

They ordered their food. Getting some starts to share. Then getting a pasta dish each that got suggested to them. Then had some wine. The whole night they chatted and laughed. Once finished Sirius paid and left a tip. He offered her his coat which she took as they walked to a small bench went onto a small dock, they took off their shoes and placed their feet in the water, Hermione cuddled into his side as they watched the stars.  Hermione could feel herself falling asleep that's when Sirius picked her up with theirs and with a pop, they were back at the Potters.

Everyone else was asleep, Sirius carried her to bed, he placed her down waving his wand change her clothes into something more comfortable. As he went to leave, he heard her whimper.

"Don't go, please stay" she mumbled out.

He could help but smile and nod his head, changing his clothes he got into bed with her before he could do anything else. She snuggles into him, kissing his cheek "night Siri"
"Night Mia" he whispered back kissing her head wrapping them in covers.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

176K 3.2K 29
when and accident involving a time turner and a few idiots sends 5 teenagers far into the futures, they discover secrets about one another, and how d...
384K 13.4K 50
After the war was over, and Voldemort died, all death eaters were captured and killed except for a few who escaped the country before they were found...
293K 11.1K 82
The war with the most feared dark lord has ended only for a war with muggles to begin. Losing all he loved, harry died only to once again wake on the...
220K 6.6K 34
Ada Potter was struggling to get through her fifth year, the trauma of the past events catching up to her, being named a liar by the public and an un...