Eyeliner

By peachesparkerr

I watched them stand up there smiling. Their eyes only focused on each other. A part of me died when they kis... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter 6
Chapter Seven
Chapter 8 Part 1
Chapter 8 Part 2
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Epilogue
Alternate Epilogue
Sequel

Chapter Twelve

118 5 0
By peachesparkerr

Kenny and Dalton met. Isn't that so great? My boyfriend, the boy of my dreams, meeting Kenny. The boy I can't help to love. So many things could go wrong. So many things would go wrong. Those were the things that played over and over again in my head as I walked through the mall with Dalton when we bumped into Kenny.

I was panicking in my head. What if Kenny told Dalton? What if Dalton got jealous? What if they fought? What if I lost one of them? Which one would be harder to loose? So many things to think about.

But I snapped back to reality.  I had to keep my calm.

"Hey Charlie. "

"Hey Kenny. What brings you to the mall? In Texas?"

"Oh I've been in town for a few days visiting some friends. I'm heading back home in afew hours just wanted to get some things. "

"Yeah. Dalton this is my friend Kenny. We met a few months ago. Kenny this is Dalton. My boyfriend."

"It's nice to meet you Kenny" Dalton said shaking his hand. And I was happy to know that Dalton didn't crush his hand.

"I've heard great things about you. It's nice to meet you." Kenny said letting go of Dalton's hand.

But he lied. He hasn't heard great things about Dalton. He's heard nothing about Dalton. All I've ever said was that I was happy with him and things were going fine.

After that Kenny said that he had to go and that he'd hoped to see us soon. The sad part was that he would see us really soon. At least me. I was moving to LA in a few weeks. I haven't told Dalton yet. But something told me that I would have to tell him really soon.

~~~

Dalton's Point of View

All the times I've been gone from Texas, I've been keeping something. I've been cheating on her...with Madison.  I know it's wrong. Charlie loves me. I love Charlie. But I keep going back to Madison. I don't know why. I think it's because I see Charlie with all her guy friends and she gets along with them so well. And then there's me, I'm just a guy in a band. But if i want to be with her, I have to be the guy she deserves.

It was a few days after I met Kenny and I wanted to bring Charlie somewhere to show her I do care. So I texted her I'd be at her house in a few minutes. When i got there she was wearing a dress I bought her two years ago. It made me smile at first to think that she keeps the stuff I give her but then I realized she was also hanging pictures up in her closet of her and Kenny hanging out and pictures of her from LA hanging out with all of Kenny's friends.  I was mad but I tried to keep calm.

"Hey Dalton. " She said to me smiling faintly and going to her bed to put on her shoes.

"You're wearing that?" I asked her. It came out wrong but i thought she would ignore it

"And what's the problem with wearing this?"

"It makes you look like a slut. " I said. I was honestly in a bad mood.

"Okay I'm done with this." She said getting up and going back to hanging up pictures of her and Kenny

"Done with what?"

"You! Tell me what's wrong Dalton. You've been gone so much. And you're being so rude."

"Nothing...nothing is wrong. I'll be in the car." I said walking out of her room about to go to the car

"I know you're cheating on me with Madison." She yelled.

I stopped where I was and turned to face her. She already had tears in her eyes.

"Charlie..."

"Why Dalton? Why did you cheat on me? Especially with Madison. "

"I'm begging you Charlie. Whatever you take away from this, please know I didn't want to hurt you. I didn't want to hurt anyone. Please know that."

My voice softened

"Is that all you can say?"

"Look, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done it. I already broke things off with Madison. So can we forget it?"

"No, I can't forget it. You cheated on me with your ex girlfriend. You write songs about how she broke your heart and how you thought you could never love again. But yet you still go back to her. Tell me why you go back to her."

"Charlie. It's not a big deal."

"Not a big deal? So it wasn't a big deal when I cried every night for a year when you were on tour? It wasn't a big deal when I cried for hours when I found out you were dating Madison?

At first I thought she was a great girl. She made you happy and she was wonderful. But I still cried because I had been in love with you and you were with someone else. It made me cry even more when she broke your heart because I wanted to hug you and tell you I loved you and make your pain go away, but how could I do that for someone else when I couldn't even make my own pain go away?

Luke had to come to my house at three am just to hold me and to get me to stop crying. Luke was the closet thing I ever had to a first love. But I couldn't love him like I loved you. That killed me. It killed me to know that someone did love me but I couldn't love them as much as they loved me . I couldn't love him because I was in love with someone who I didn't even know loved me back. I picked you, even though Luke was the right choice, but I picked you because I love you. So yeah it's a big deal. "

"What am I supposed to do? I loved Madison! Why are you making such a big deal about the past? Madison wasn't clingy like you are."

"So i'm clingy now? Just tell me why you were with Madison. Can't you see I'm already in so much pain?"

"I DON'T FUCKING KNOW WHY SO COULD YOU JUST SHUT UP." I didn't even realize I was screaming. I was the only one screaming.

That's when I snapped back to reality. We were fighting. It was my fault. And I had just screamed at the love of my life.

"Charlie...I-I"

She was crying even more.

"Please don't cry. I'm sorry."

"I can't stop crying Dalton. I've been crying for four years. Do you think I want to cry? No I don't. But it's what you do when you get hurt. Do you know what it feels like to love someone so much and to find out that they don't love you? Or they love you but they didn't love you enough to stay? This is the same thing all over again. I guess it's my fault. I keep falling in love with guys that cheat on me. "

"Charlie...I love you. Please don't do this."

"I have to. I thought you were different Dalton. But you're no better than every other guy that's screwed me over!

When Cole broke my heart I had you to fall back on. You were there for me for every part of it. And even if he was your bandmate for three years you still never forgave him for breaking my heart. He was your best friend and you always told him that it was okay and that I moved on. But deep down inside you were always mad at him for breaking my heart. You weren't my friend or boyfriend or my anything then. But you still were there for me.

When Luke broke my heart after cheating on me with Madison you came to me ignoring the fact that we were in a fight. That led us to start dating and brought us here. I had to find out about you and Madison going behind my back from Brennan. He didn't want to loose your trust but he knew that I deserved to know. And I know you're angry. For one thing you're mad because you cheated on me and you're going to loose me for what could be forever. But you're mostly mad because you think you're practically handing me over to Kenny.

I'm not going to go running to him and start dating him. That's cruel to you and him. So as I lay in my bed crying and Kenny calls me, I'm gonna tell him that we broke up. But I'm not going to be his girlfriend. Not now. Probably not ever. If it happens it happens. But no mater how much you are hurting me right now I'm going to hate myself. I'm going to hate myself. I hate you.

I HATE YOU DALTON! CAN'T YOU SEE HOW MUCH I'VE BEEN THROUGH? MY BROTHER DIED. MY PARENTS CAN'T EVEN HOLD THEMSELVES TOGETHER TO BE IN THE SAME ROOM WITH ME. SETH STOPPED TALKING TO ME. I FINALLY GET TO SEE HIM AFTER LIKE 5 YEARS AND HE STOPS TALKING TO ME. I HATE YOU. But mostly, I hate myself. I gave you my heart and you tore it out of my chest and broke it into a million pieces."

"Charlie. Please. Don't do this to me. " I was crying. It hurt me so much to know that I hurt her.

"Leave."

"Charlie."

"I'M DONE WITH YOU DALTON. I HATE YOU. " She yelled at me with the tears in her eyes.

"Charlie.."

"No. I'm tired of doing this. I'm tired of pretending that everything's okay. Everthing's not okay. "

"I'm in love with you. Please. Please." I dropped to my knees crying and begging for a forgiveness I didn't deserve.

"Dalton I can't do this."

"Please Charlie. I love you. I'll do anything. Please. I'm begging you." I said crying even more.

"You don't love me. You loved me. Yet you didn't love me enough to stay. "

I got up and tried to walk towards her.

"Please. Dalton. Just leave. " She said crying. I cupped her face and we looked into eachothers tear filled eyes.

"Please. " I whispered letting the tears fall down my face. She let some fall from her eyes. Then she held my hand and moved it from her face.

"You need to go. " She said. The tears in her eyes fell down faster.

I tried not to cry anymore but I was. I walked to the front door and she followed behind. She stood next to the door as I opened it. I looked at her. She couldn't even look at me. The door was closed behind me as I left. I turned around and placed my forehead on the door. The tears started to pour from my eyes.

I walked back and forth on her front porch. Then i put my back against the door and slid down. I sat there crying. I ran my fingers through my hair and stood up. I put my forehead on the door once more. I put my hand on the doorknob and turned it but as I opened the door partly, someone was on the other side crying softly and trying to close the door.

"Charlie?" I said

I knew she wanted to open it, but she couldn't. I wouldn't blame her.

I hurt her. And she was gone from my life. It was my fault. I knew I'd loose her forever. But I did it anyway. And now she's gone from my life. And I can't do anything about it.

Charlie's Pov

Never again will I love someone more than I love myself. Never again will I stay when I know I shouldn't. Never again will I settle for less than I deserve. Never again will I let someone cheat on me. Never again.

Note:

Hey Guys! SO really long chapter with very important stuff. They broke up. :( But I have a lot to come! Next chapter, I bring the remaining members of IM5 into the story! Kenny and her will end up dating at some point, I just don't know when. I was going to update on Monday, but I was with my mom and I had to cut my hair. But I should update on Friday or Monday the latest. I'll see you guys soon. Enjoy! xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

482K 22.6K 27
All she wanted him to do was smile. A love story.
2.5K 66 22
{This is a continuation of "Alone When I'm With You" i recommend that you read them in order.} You walked away from the booth his picture in your han...
121K 2.4K 8
" I love you, I always loved you , I never stopped loving you!" His lips crashed on mine and pulled me close to him that our bodies were so close th...
3.7K 148 15
My Attempt at slight teacherXstudent low-key extra or how they fell inlove with eachother.