It's Always Been You | Lee Su...

By SaaiiFazz

Son Areum and Lee Suhyeok are two childhood friends since they were 10-years old. Since the day Areum moved t... More

Characters Information
Prologue
Episode 1 - The day before where all began
Episode 1 - The day where all began part 1
Episode 2 - The beginning of the zombie apocalypse Part 1
Episode 2 - The beginning of the zombie apocalypse Part 2
Episode 3 - Trust Issue
Episode 3 - The loss of a friend
Episode 4 - The night during the zombie apocalypse
Episode 4 - Searching for a phone
Episode 5 - Searching for Cheongsan
Episode 6 - The music room
Episode 6 - The bite mark
Episode 7 - The confession
Episode 7 - The musical attraction
Episode 8 - The rooftop
Episode 8 - Campfire on the rooftop
Episode 9 - The uninvited incomer
Episode 9 - The rescue mission gone wrong
Episode 9 - Rainy night
Episode 10 - Cheongsan's mom
Episode 10 - The escape plan
Episode 11 - A father's sacrifice
Episode 11 - Away from Hyosan high school

Episode 1 - The day where all began Part 2

6.6K 207 25
By SaaiiFazz

"In fact, none of us are completely free from prejudice. We all have preconceived ideas about others." Ms. Park spoke in English as she started her lesson with Class 2-5. Areum paid attention to the lesson and wrote down any important notes in her book. Hearing a quiet whimper behind her, Areum glanced behind her and saw one of her classmates, Park Heesu, was holding her stomach in pain. Her hair was a mess and she started to sweat due to the pain that she tried to overcome.

"Heesu, are you okay?" Areum concerned as she watched the girl in pain.

"Yeah...I'm okay, don't mind me." The pained girl whispered to Areum as she tried to focus on the lesson. Not completely believing the girl, Areum nodded her head and returned her attention to the front class as she tried to give Hesu some personal space.

"Here, 'free from' means the lacking in or unencumbered by. Anyone want to interpret this?" The English teacher stated, tapping the chalk on the board as she waited for any of her students to answer her question. All of the students averted their eyes in order to avoid being called by the teacher. Suddenly, a scrape of a moving chair can be heard at the back of the class.

"Okay, Heesu." Ms. Park said. A smile can be seen on her face as one of her students wanted to interpret the translation on the board. The English teacher waited for her answer as all of the students stared at the standing girl.

"I need to use the bathroom." The girl at the back uttered in pain.

"Okay, you can go." Ms. Park gave her permission. Areum observed the girl as she walked out of the classroom. Overheard the English teacher sighed, Areum pivoted her attention to the lesson.

"Okay then, Who wants to have a crack at it?" Ms. Park looked around the class, tapping her chalk against the board as she patiently waited for her students to translate the phrase.

"Our classroom vice president?" the English teacher called as she stared at the young girl, fully aware that she could easily translate the phrase since English was one of her favorite subjects.

"The truth is all of us have some sort of prejudice. We all have perceptions about other people." Ms. Park listened to Areum's translation as she glanced around the classroom to see if all of her students were paying attention to her lesson.

"Hmm, okay. Nice." Ms. Park complimented. Namra lightly nudged her elbow on Areum, silently telling her good job in translating the phrase. Areum smiled in gratitude to her seatmate. "Next, Bare-su. Stand up, please." the teacher called the distracted boy.

The named boy lifted his head as he glanced at the English teacher while most of the students, including Areum, turned to look at him. Areum silently giggled when she watched her friend get caught by their teacher. Ms. Park once again told him to stand up, which he reluctantly obeyed.

"What's with the nickname 'Bare-su'?" The English teacher asked. Suhyeok only hummed as the teacher waited for him.

"It's short for Barefoot Suhyeok. Bare-su." Joonyeong explained, causing some of his classmates to laugh while hearing his explanation.

"Ah~" Ms. Park exclaimed.

"He hates wearing socks. He's weird about it." Daesu added as he turned his attention to the mentioned boy. "I can smell it a mile away." Daesu continued as he covered his nose with his fingers, making the whole class as well as their teacher laugh.

"Okay, Bare-su. What did Areum say a minute ago?"

Not paying attention toward the lesson, Suhyeok was unable to answer as he looked toward Areum, silently asking help through his eyes. Loving the situation Suhyeok faced, Areum mouthed the word sorry to him as she was unable to help him due to the situation. The tall boy slightly glared at the girl as Suhyeok could see that she loved the situation he faced by her silent giggle. The whole time, the English teacher was watching their interaction causing her to chuckle at Areum's little mischievousness.

"Bare-su. Did you see any answer on Areum's face?" Ms Park teased as the whole class laughed at their teacher's joke. Suhyeok return his attention to the front while Areum tried to hide her smile as blush started to crept on her cheek after getting caught by the English teacher. Namra silently smiled at her seatmate before composing her face before returning her attention to the teacher.

"So, what did Areum say minutes ago, Bare-su?" Ms. Park asked.

"Ahh~" Suhyeok exclaimed, delaying the answer as he tried to search in his mind for something to say. The whole classroom mimicked what he said to tease the tall boy.

"She was absolutely correct. A hundred percent." Suhyeok confidently stated, making the whole class laugh at his attempted answer.

"What was her absolutely correct answer then?" The English teacher remarked.

"Hmm.." He exhaled, trying to escape the situation he faced. "Well...huh?" Suhyeok was distracted when he saw Hyeonju in front of the classroom door.

The sound of the classroom door grabbed the attention of the teacher and the students. Hyeonju was hobbling when she entered the classroom as Areum observed the girl's appearance. Hyeonju looked dreadful. Her hair was messy, dried blood coming from her nose and forehead, her veins could be visibly seen and Areum could see the redness on her eyes. It seems like Hyeonju was beaten when she went missing.

"Hey, Hyeonju-yah." Ms. Park called as the named girl collapsed due to the exhaustion. Gasps could be hard when Hyeonju collapses on the arm of their teacher, making all of the students move from the desk to the front of the classroom. Areum hurriedly walked to the front of the classroom and crouched beside Suhyeok as she stared at the collapsed girl in their teacher's arms. Trying to help one of her classmates, Areum silently checked for her temperature and injuries while Ms. Park frantically asked the injured student if she was okay. Grabbing Hyeonju's hand to help the girl feeling better, Areum was surprised by how cold her body temperature was.

"Saem (샘), her hand is way too cold. We need to take her to the infirmary." Areum told the teacher. The teacher nodded her head as she listened to her, knowing how skilled she was in assessing any injuries on people. Before they were able to take Hyeonju to the infirmary, they heard the injured girl calling out for the teacher.

"Yeah,it's me. Do you recognise me?" Ms. Park said as she stared at the bloody girl.

"He grabbed me..." Hyeonju breathed shakily as she continued, "The science teacher grabbed me and locked me up."

Once the students heard what Hyeonju said, all of them started murmuring and looked at one another with a knowing look. Areum and Suhyeok looked at each other, shocked to hear the bloody girl muttering. Areum frowned while she stared at the bloody girl, trying to process Hyeonju's words.

"Why would the science teacher lock her up? Is it because she's part of the bully students that bully his son?" Areum thoughted.

"He locked you up? The science teacher? Mr. Lee Byeongchan?" Ms. Park interrogated, gently shaking the bloody girl as she tried to get some answers out of her.

"He tied me up..." Hyeonju continued as her breathing became heavy.

"Let's go to the infirmary, okay?" Worried about the condition of the girl on her arm, the English teacher told her to go to the infirmary. Looking straight to the class president, the teacher instructed Namra to make sure the students study on their own and to not say anything to anyone until she comes back and confirms the facts.

"Hyeonju-yah. Can you get up?" Ms. Park asked as she tried to get the girl to stand. Instantly, Areum went to help the teacher by grasping the bloody girl's other arm.

"I'll carry her." Suhyeok volunteered when he saw both Ms. Park and Areum were struggling to get Hyeonju to stand up. Ms. Park hummed in agreement as Areum tried to place Hyeonju on Suhyeok's back.

"Can someone help Areum's place Hyeonju on his back, please." Ms. Park told the rest of the students. Both Onjo and Isak quickly offered to help. Once the three girls had Hyeonju on Suhyeok, they were ready to rush to the infirmary. Areum protectively put her hand on Hyeonju's back, so that the girl would not fall off from Suhyeok. The four students then rushed their way to the infirmary as Ms. Park instructed the student to go back to their seats. Leaving the classroom behind, Park Sunhwa followed the four students to the infirmary.

***********

Passing through the school hallway to the infirmary, Park Sunhwa and her four students rushed their way to the infirmary with an injured student on the back of the male student. While they were busily running through the school hallways, Areum noticed that Hyeonju was acting weirdly as she wriggled too much on Suhyeok's back and made some growling sounds. When Hyeonju violently tried to get off Suhyeok's back, the three students as well as the English teacher tried to hold her still, so that she would not fall.

"Hyeonju-ah, we're almost there. Please hold still." Areum firmly placed her hand around Hyeonju's back, trying to soothe down the bloody girl who was squirming around. Unknown to her, Hyeonju tried to bite Suhyeok's neck as Areum tried to calm her down from behind. The four healthy students, teacher and an injured student were then passing different classes as they ran to the infirmary.

***********

Quickly entering the infirmary, Areum spotted Heesu along with the school nurse. Upon their arrival, the school nurse immediately instructed Suhyeok to place Hyeonju on the empty bed when she discovered her condition. Suhyeok put Hyeonju on the infirmary bed with the help from Ms. Park, Onjo and Isak while Areum went to Heesu. Through her view, Areum also can see the school nurse went to grab the tympanic thermometer from the cabinet and rushed to take Hyeonju's temperature.

"Heesu, are you really okay?" Areum concerned as she steadied the girl by holding her arm. Heesu nodded her head as sweat started to roll down her head.

"Yeah. I'm okay." She smiled through her pain toward the concerned girl as she began to leave the infirmary. Areum briefly stared at the spot where Heesu was standing before.

"Here, hold this down so she doesn't kick it off." Areum heard the school nurse's instruction. Then she heard some animalistic growl coming from Hyeonju's mouth, who once again started to trash around. Immediately, Areum went to stand beside Isak and help the others hold her down.

"Call the ambulance right now. I'll give her a sedative and clean her wounds." The school nurse told Ms. Park. The English teacher then called the ambulance as snarling could be heard throughout the infirmary.

"Hey. I think it might be better if we cover her with a blanket. Her temperature is too low. We can warm her up using the blanket." Areum suggested, looking at her three friends.

"That's a good idea, Aruem-ah. Grab the blanket, Bare-su." Ms. Park said after hearing the vice class president's suggestion after calling the ambulance. Covering the blanket around Hyeonju's body, Areum tucked the blanket near her shoulder.

"Hang in there, Hyeonju. Your temperature is a little too low. You're going to the hospital soon. We're all here for you, so don't worry okay?" Ms. Park said as Hyeonju kept mumbling how hot she was under the blanket.

"The science teacher gave me a weird shot." Hyeonju muttered, grabbing the attention of the teacher.

"A shot? Mr. Lee Byeongchan gave you a weird shot?" Ms. Park questioned as the four students stared down at her.

"He tried to kill me." Hyeonju breathed shakily.

"Hey, Hyeonju, tell me what shot?" Ms. Park asked, trying to get the answer. Hyeonju gasped as her body squirmed under the blanket. Areum firmly held Hyeonju's shoulder so that she would not move around.

"I'm going to kill them all." Hyeonju shrieked as she let out another animalistic growl. She tried to bite Areum's hand which was the closest to her. Areum instantly removed her hand out of the way, staring at the girl in fear. Eyes widened when watching the scene in front of him, Suhyeok went to the girl he likes and looked over her right hand, only to see that there were some scratches. He moved Aruem a few steps away from Hyeonju, leaving Ms. Park, Onjo and Isak hold the injured girl. Both Areum and Suhyeok were not noticing Hyeonju was also trying to attack Onjo as Areum was still in shock while Suhyeok checked on the girl in front of him.

"Areum-ah. Are you okay?" Suhyeok worriedly asked the girl, who still stared at Hyeonju in fear. Not hearing any response from the girl, Suhyeok cupped her cheek using his right hand as he tried to avert her attention away from Hyeonju.

"Areum-ah. You're okay. Look at me. Please." Suhyeok begged as he was finally able to move her attention away from the bloody girl after several minutes. Staring intently at her brown eyes, Suhyeok calmed her down by rubbing his thumb in a circle motion. "You're going to be okay, alright?" Suhyeok reassured her. Areum slowly nodded her head as she was unable to form any words due to the shock and fear.

"Class vice president, Bare-su." Ms. Park called. "Help us hold Hyeonju down so the nurse can give her the shot." Both Areum and Suhyeok pulled away from each other and went to help them. Areum holding Hyeonju's torso while Suhyeok held her legs.

Once Hyeonju calmed down, Ms. Park allowed Isak and Suhyeok to go back to the class while Onjo and Areum stayed with her so they could treat their wounds. However, Suhyeok insisted on staying with Areum in which the English teacher sighed at his stubbornness and let him stay. Waiting for the ambulance to come, Onjo and Ms. Park were sitting on the bed near to Hyeonju's bed, monitoring the girl as the school nurse cleaned Hyeonju's wound while Areum tried to treat her wounds by herself using the supplies in the first aid box with Suhyeok's aide, who was standing beside her.

The young girl cleaned her wound using the cotton pad and then applied the antibiotic ointment on her scratches. After finished applying the ointment, she searched for any band aid in the box. Unable to find any band aid, Areum tried to search the band aid on the supplies cabinet. A hand gently grasped her injured hand, stopping her from walking away as Suhyeok covered the scratches with the band aid that he always carried around.

"You've always forgotten that I always carry band aids with me because of your clumsiness." Suhyeok smiled as he finished covering her small wound.

"I didn't ask you to bring it and I'm not that clumsy." Areum retorted.

"Are you sure?" Suhyeok teased, causing the young girl to punch on his shoulder using her free hand. Areum smiled when she heard Suhyeok groaned in pain. From afar, Onjo watched their interaction with envy.

***********

After Onjo gets treated for her wound by her father, Mr. Nam has asked the English teacher to take care of his daughter given the situation that he needed to handle. The teacher, three students and the school nurse watched the ambulance leave the school premises as they rushed toward the nearby hospital. Once the ambulance completely left, Ms. Park turned to her three students.

"Thank you for your help, guys. I'm going to head back in a few minutes..." Ms. Park paused for a moment. "Please make sure you don't tell anyone about this just yet, okay?" The three students responded in agreement. The English teacher also mentioned the same thing to the school nurse.

"Go back to the classroom. Let's go." Ms. Park ordered. The three students went back inside the school building and walked their way to their class. Walking up the stairs, Suhyeok finally notices the bandage on Onjo's arm.

"Are you okay? Does she bite you?" Suhyeok asked as he glanced at Onjo. Areum was walking behind them, hearing their conversation as she was still thinking about what happened earlier.

"No, it's just a scratch." Onjo replied, happy that Suhyeok was worried about her.

"Areum got scratched too." Suhyeok telling Onjo, making the mentioned girl looked at her childhood friend. Surprised that he mentioned her when he was talking to Onjo.

"Areum-ah, are you okay? You've been too quiet." Onjo uttered, turning to look at the girl behind her.
"Yeah, I'm okay. Just thinking about what happened to Hyeonju earlier." Areum muttered. When they reached the intermediate landing of the stairwells, Areum observed Onjo untied her hair as Suhyeok started to speak.

"Hey. You wanted to meet on the roof?"

"What?" Onjo confusedly asked.

"You said to come up after lunch. Can you tell me now? I'm actually playing basketball after lunch." Suhyeok mentioned their earlier conversation. Onjo turned her head in shame at Areum's direction, who was standing between the two of them as Onjo was unable to tell the boy about her confession with Areum's presence.

Feeling the awkwardness started to surround them, Areum tried to find an idea to escape the situation, even though a raging feeling had started to consume her body slowly. Trying to calm down the rage inside her, an idea suddenly popped into her mind.

"Ooh! My stomach hurts. I need to go to the toilet." Areum acted, holding her stomach in pain as she quickly left the two behind. "See you two later."

"Hey! Son Areum! The toilet is on the other side of the building." Suhyeok shouted when he watched her rush in a different direction. Ignoring his comment, Areum quickly went to her classroom.

***********

The lunch bell can be heard through Hyosan high school building. Students from different classes began to emerge from their classroom and went to their perspective plans.

The class president and the vice class president walked their way to the cafeteria. Aruem was listening to some music on her earbuds, carrying her lunch bag while Namra was studying her textbook and listening to her loud techno music. Entering the cafeteria, Areum searched for Suhyeok who was at his usual table with his group of friends.

"Namra-yah, you go ahead. I'll meet you at our usual table." Areum informed as Namra nodded her head in understanding. When the two girls parted their ways, Areum strolled her way toward Suhyeok's table. Once she reached the table, all of the boys stared at her.

"Oh, Areum. What is it?" Suhyeok asked, watching the girl he likes taking off her earbuds from her ears.

"Have you eaten yet?"

"Not yet. I was going to get my food though. Why do you ask?"

"Ah, good. My grandmother made some lunch earlier and she packed a lot. She asked me to give you the lunch box too. So, here." She stated, taking out the lunch box from the bag and giving it to Suhyeok. Not realising that there were some notes from her grandmother on his lunch box. "You don't need to wait in a long line to get your food, then." She added.

"Kyunghwa halmoni makes this for me?" nodding her head in response when Suhyeok asked her. "Then, can you tell how thankful I am to her." He added as he read the little note that was attached to the lunch box.

Enjoy the food, dear. Make sure to study smart and enjoy the rest of your school day.

P.S: Suhyeok-ah, make sure Areum does not overwork herself. Sometimes she forgot to take care of her. Don't worry, I've added extra tteokgalbi for you. Don't tell Areum otherwise she'll be mad ^.-

"Sure. Perhaps you can tell her yourself when you stop by the house later." Areum proposed as she leaned over the table, trying to peek at her grandmother's little note. Suhyeok hurriedly removed the notes away from her view, putting the note on his school blazer pocket.

"Alright. I'll do that later." Suhyeok grinned, seeing Areum pouted when she was unable to read her grandmother's note.

"Well then, I should get going. Bye guys. Enjoy your meal." Areum smiled, leaving the group of boys before they started to tease her. Before she got further away, Suhyeok grasped her hand.

"Where are you going? Sit down and eat your lunch with us." Suhyeok invited as his group of friends looked at each other with teasing looks.

"Oh, sit down, Areum-ah. You can take my seat. I'll sit beside Cheongsan." Gyeongsu offered as he was ready to move his seat.

"And do we also get the lunch box?" Daesu jokes, happily wriggling both of his eyebrows toward the girl, expecting something from her.

"No. You don't get one from me." Areum grimly stated while smiling at him.

"Hey, you look intimidating when you do that." Daesu shrinked away in his seat when he sees Areum speaked in a stern tone while smiling down at him. Suhyeok chuckled at the fidgeting boy.

"Good." Areum claimed, making the other boys laugh as they watched Daesu's reaction.

"What about me? Do I also get a lunch box from Halmoni, my dearest cousin?" Her cousin, Wujin, beamed at her.

"Nope. You didn't get one. Halmoni didn't mention your name though. She only mentioned Suhyeok's." Areum innocently told her cousin as Wujin dumbfoundedly stared at her. Chortles could be heard amongst the group of friends when they saw Wujin's astound face. "Perhaps you should visit them sometimes. They really miss you and Hari unnie." She added as she stared at her cousin.

"And I can't sit with you guys today. I've promised Namra to eat with her at our usual table. Maybe tomorrow." She suggested once she glanced at Suhyeok and the other boys.

"Oh, yeah sure." Suhyeok said, trying to hide his disappointment. The young girl bid goodbye to her friends and went to her usual table, which is next to Onjo and Isak. Seeing Namra seated on the table, Areum took the seat in front of the studious girl.

"Have you eaten yet?" Areum looked over at Namra's tray of foods. Seeing that there was still a lot of food, Areum assumed the class president had not started her meal. Not waiting for her reply, Areum took the textbook from the class president, startling the cold girl.

"Hey." Namra attempted to take back her textbook from her friend's grasp.

"You should eat first. I'll give it back to you after you finish your meal." Areum promised. She put the textbook on top of the empty chair beside her along with her lunch bag, far away from Namra's reach. The two girls then started to eat and made some small conversation in between their meal.

***********

On the other side of the cafeteria room, Onjo was constantly staring at Cheongsan's table. Her best friend, Isak noticed her stare and tried to grab the girl's attention by waving her chopsticks in front of Onjo's face.

"Hey, Cheongsan can feel that." Isak mentioned once she was able to get Onjo's attention.

"I wasn't looking at him." Onjo announced, looking dejected.

"Yeah, right. The whole school knows you two are going out on dates." Isak implied, moving her chopsticks around the cafeteria to show Onjo's about her main point.

"We're not dating" Onjo insisted as Isak did not believe any of her words. "I'm serious."

"Mm-hm, sure. Yeah." the head bun girl said sarcastically and continued eating her meal.

"Actually...You can't tell anyone, okay?" Onjo hesitated as Isak asked what she was going to talk about.

"Well..." She paused. "Forget it."

"Hey, come on." Isak nudged the girl as she stopped mid-way through her story, leaving a huge suspended on the curious girl. Isak kept insisting for her best friend to tell her, but the white hoodie girl stubbornly stayed silent.

"You slept with Cheongsan, didn't you?" The head bun girl made an assumption. "You did. I got it, am I right?"

"Are you insane?" Onjo quickly punched her friend on her upper body after her friend's assumption, leading her friend to groan in pain.

"I told Suhyeok I like him." Onjo quietly whispered. Isak once again asked what she said as she could not hear her due to the loud noises in the cafeteria.

"I told Suhyeok that I like him." Onjo once again repeated.

"WHAT?!" Isak shouted in shock, earning all of the students to look at the loud girl. Areum and Namra stopped their conversation when they heard someone shout beside their table. Looking over to the voice. Areum catched a glimpse of Onjo tugging her friend down to her seat while apologising to other students for making a scene. Minding her own business, Areum resumed her conversation with her close friend.

"Are you insane?" Isak repeatedly slapped her friend. "Him? Lee Suhyeok?" Onjo mouthed the word quiet as Isak beyond belief went to stare at the mentioned boy, who was busily chatting with his group of friends.

"How'd you do it? What did you say? Did you ask him on a date or what?" Isak excitedly bombarded her best friends with questions.

"My name tag. I gave him my name tag." The ponytail girl simply stated.

"So you threw yourself at him." Isak chuckled as she tried to cover her laugh using her free hand. The girl beside her just nodded her head. "But Onjo-ah. Didn't you hear any rumor spreading around the school?" Isak's smile vanished once she remembered the rumor.

"What rumor?"

"Rumor that Suhyeok likes someone else and the whole school speculating that person would be Areum. Seeing the two of them always together the whole time. They always see the way Suhyeok look at Areum with the glint in his eyes. Like she's the one." Isak gossiped as they observed Areum happily chatting with their class president. Once more, Onjo felt envious of the girl's life.

***********

Leaving the cafeteria with music in their ears, both Areum and Namra walked their way to their classroom through the bridge that connected between the two school buildings. Enjoying her peaceful walk, Areum felt someone tapped on her left arm. Halting Namra's movement by holding her arm, Areum turned to look at the person, barely heard what he was saying until he pointed his ears, silently telling her to take the earbud off her ears. Both girls took their earbuds out and listened to Suhyeok.

"The earphones. They're bad for your ears." Suhyeok started the conversation.

"I know. I'm sure Areum knows that as well." Namra coldly stated as she put back her earbuds. Areum lightly nudged her for her cold behavior.

"I'm going to the class, Areum." she informed her friend, continuing her journey as she stared at her textbook.

"I'm sorry about Namra. She can be cold sometimes." Areum apologised on behalf of her friend as she faces Suhyeok.

"Nah. It's okay. I think the whole class has already gotten used to her behavior." Suhyeok reassured, putting both of his hands in his trouser pocket as he tried to hide his nervousness.

"Hey. She can be friendly once you get to know her, you know." Areum remarked, pushing the boy lightly by his shoulder. Suhyeok laughed as she was unable to push him due to the difference in physical appearance. Grabbing her hand off his shoulder in order to prevent her from hurting herself, Suhyeok slowly moved closer toward the black-haired girl. Noticing the closeness between the two of them, Areum cleared her throat as blush started to crept on her cheeks.

"What are you doing here? Do you need to ask something? Didn't you say you'll be playing basketball with your friends?" Areum frantically asked as she looked around but him.

"How do you know I want to ask you something?" Suhyeok chuckled as he firmly stood near Areum, making the girl blush even harder.

"We've been friends for almost eight year. So, I know you very well. I know your favorite food, what you like to do when you're bored, what kind of music you like to hear. And I also know you wanted to join the military after we've graduated." Areum began to ramble, taking a few steps away from the tall boy.

"Yet, you don't even know my feelings toward you." Suhyeok mumbled to himself as a huge grin could be seen on his face.

"What?" Areum asked as she did not hear what he said.

"Nothing." He smiled. "Do you wanna visit Hyeonju later?"

"Sure." Areum agreed. "But after we visit Hyeonju, can we go to the bookstore? Haraboji gave me some extra pocket money yesterday and I was thinking about buying some books to read. Can we?" The dark-haired girl asked, fully aware her friend did not mind going wherever she wanted to go as long as it was not the bookstore. One of the reasons was because Areum has the tendency to spend her time at the bookstore for over an hour, making the young boy relentlessly beg her to leave the store.

"Please? You promise me that we can go there once a week?" Areum continued as she stared at his black eyes.

"Fine. We can go there after we visit Hyeonju?" Suhyeok sighed. Unable to contain her excitement any longer, Areum squealed in happiness and went to hug the boy. Feeling her arms wrapped around his neck, Suhyeok chuckle in amusement at the girl's enthusiasm.

"If I knew that a bookstore would make you this happy, I would've let you go to the bookstore twice a week." Suhyeok joked, wrapping his arms around her waist.

"Only twice a week?" Areum complained, pulling slightly away from the hug.

"What? You don't want it? I'm being generous right now." Suhyeok teased the girl in his arms.

"No. Twice a week it is then." The beauty beamed toward the tall boy. Pulled away from the tall boy, Areum continued her walk to the class. "I better get going. See you in class."

"Generous, my foot." Areum mumbling to herself.

"Yah! I can hear that." Suhyeok voiced, loud enough for the girl to hear. Watching her back figure retreated away from him.

"I know. You meant to hear that." the black-haired girl teased.

Before she could place her earbuds inside her ear in order to listen to music, Areum was startled when she heard students screaming. Immediately, Areum froze on her spot when she saw the commotion in front of her, ignoring every students that passed her by. She saw a bloody male student lunge at his friend. The beauty then looked closely and noticed the familiarity of his appearance with Hyeonju. The red eyes, visible veins and bloody appearance.

"AREUM-AH!" Suhyeok shouted, ran toward her and grabbed her arm, accidentally dropping her lunch bag in the process. The tall boy then dragged her away from the eating flesh student who began to chase them. "Hurry! Run."

Areum sneaked a quick glance back at the snarling student, noticing the male student was catching up on them. Suhyeok protectively wrapped his arm around the girl as he tried to get the both of them to safety.

'What is happening right now?' Areum thought as both Suhyeok and her ran for their lives.

***********

Enjoy reading!!

Don't forget to comment your opinion!!
🙂😉🌟

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.8K 1K 12
"And maybe in another life, we can try this one more time" lee cheongsan x fem!oc all of us are dead, season 1 (english isnt my first language)
52.7K 1.6K 31
Lee Su-hyeok x fem reader Choi Nam-ra x male oc „Happy birthday Y/N! Here is your gift. I know it's not expensive, but it is very meaningful to me."...
47.8K 2.3K 33
Lee Su-hyeok x OC In which Jang Hae-jin can somehow see a glimpse in the future so she decided to change its course. STATUS: ON-GOING...
9.3K 388 46
═════════════════════════ ❛❛ IF SHE TURNS , I'LL THROW HER OUT THE WINDOW , SO SHE CAN'T ATTACK YOU. ❜❜ ▰▰ All Of Us Are Dead ▰▰ Status _ Completed...