His Love

By sofia_m2847

I step behind her, keeping eyes on her in the huge mirror before us. Clasping the zipper, her body tenses fro... More

Character Aesthetics
Chapter 1- Party
Chapter 2- Her Name
Chapter 3- Red Dress
Chapter 4- Unexpected
Chapter 5- Home
Chapter 6- Quiet
Chapter 7- Fast?
Chapter 8- Boring
Chapter 9- Tattoos
Chapter 10- Safe
Chapter 11- Her, Again
Chapter 12- Jealousy
Chapter 14- Dancing
Chapter 15- Overseas
Chapter 16- Driver
Chapter 17- Distance
Chapter 18- Wounded
Chapter 19- Sudden Change
Chapter 20- Tension
Chapter 21- One Day a Year
Chapter 22- Care
Chapter 23- Cake
Chapter 24- Parents
Chapter 25- Just Drive.
Chapter 26- 2 Days Too Long
Chapter 27- Unspoken Truth
Chapter 28- Grief
Chapter 29- Tied
Chapter 30- Planning
Epilogue
:)

Chapter 13- Black Tie

6.4K 146 18
By sofia_m2847

-Dominic-

I hate work events.

Walking around, shaking wrinkly people's hands, seeing all my rivals, giving speeches.

Literally pointless.

But this one's different.

I don't have some random girl my dad found for me, or some toxic girl I convinced myself was "the one".

Its Alaina.

I know how stressed she is about this event, whether its about how she looks, spending money, the dress or just the amount of people.

So now I'm in a shop. By myself. Shopping for the "perfect dress" for the perfect girl.

I don't even know where to start, but I do know dark purples or reds look amazing  on her.

The plan is to surprise Alaina, I get how expensive things can be and that pressure is a lot for people.

I feel like an idiot, I'm just roaming around without a clue what she would love.

I turn a corner and I see her.

Andrea.

Throwing my head back, I dread the next few moments as she locks eyes with me.

A smirk breaks out on her face as she takes slow strides towards me.

"Dom, how are you?" her long nails scrape up my arm and I almost shiver.

"What the fuck to you want, Andrea?" 

"Woah, what's with the aggression, baby?" she leans in close and I swear I'm about to choke on the overload of perfume.

"What don't you get, Andrea? I broke up with you, we are no longer together." I look dead into her eyes, the blazes of fury flaring.

"Not for long, you know that you'll come back, you always do."

I can't contain the laugh threatening to escape my lips.

"I have never come back to you, you just decide to come around my house every week, when will you get it?" I lean in as close as I can without touching her.

"We aren't ever getting together again, you treated me like shit, not to mention all the late night trips to your "friends" house."

"Oh for fuck's sake, Dom, you need to grow up." she rolls her eyes.

"Look, I have shit to do, and my girl to get home to-"

"Oh don't tell me you've replaced me with her, that random girl. Your so out of her league and you know it!"

"I'm leaving, go and fuck that guy you were seeing the entire time we dated and I swear to God, I never want to see you at my door again." I walk away, ignoring her words.

I am so sick and tired of that girl, I don't know what went through my head when I asked her on a date.

Out of the corner of my eye, I spot the dresses and I let out a sigh.

There's this one that catches my attention right at the back.

Its a long, deep purple dress, the straps hanging off the shoulders, the bottom flowing out.

(sort of what I imagine)

Shes going to look amazing. I can just see it.

I pay and get into my car, some random songs playing that Alaina is forcing me to listen to.

All I'm going to say on that subject. 207 songs. Burnt onto a CD.

I have no idea why she didn't just make me a Spotify playlist, but she insisted I needed a physical copy.

She also refused to let me look at it before she put it in my car.

And I'm curious.

Clicking the button on the radio, the disc slides out, thick, black writing becoming visible.

D+A

For my pretty boy <3

Biting back a huge smirk, I carry on driving, honestly eager just to see her face.

Placing a hand on the passenger headrest, I reverse in my driveway.

I look up and the door opens, Alaina stood in a huge hoodie that hangs just above her knees, her hair draped over her shoulders.

She bites her lip, walking towards me.

"Alaina, it's freezing, and you have no shoes-" I'm cut off by her grabbing my face and pulling my lips onto hers.

Shocked, I almost forget to kiss back before she knees me in the leg.

Her lips are warm, and soft against my own, slowly moving in a smooth rhythm.

As I pull away I lift the CD in between us, waving it in front of her, her eyes widening ever so slightly.

"So...pretty boy? Oh no, sorry. YOUR pretty boy, huh?" I wiggle my eyebrows, amused as she rolls her eyes, snatching the disc from my grasp and walking inside.

"Hey! I was kidding, I love it!" I chase after her.

She holds it over the trashcan, raising an eyebrow at me.

"I didn't mean it, its cute!" 

"Well, maybe you shouldn't have made fun of it." she slips it in the trash, walking towards me doing some creepy chuckle.

Once she's a couple inches from my face, she holds up another, the exact same writing on it.

"What kind of person would I be if I didn't make a spare?" her laugh gradually slowing.

I let out a prolonged sigh, yanking it from her hands before she pulled some shit again.

"I got you a gift." I whisper, her eyes flashing with excitement.

Leading her out to my car, I show her the neatly folded, white dress bag.

"You fucking did not." her mouth agape. "I have never even seen one of these fancy bags in real life before."

I slide the zipper, showing her one side of the dress.

She does some weird, happy dance I think?

One thing to know about Alaina, just don't ask.

"Thank you, thank you so much!" she jumps into my arms, kissing all over my face, making me stumble back slightly.

Rushing to grab her hips to keep her steady, I'm met with a strange object sitting in her pocket.

"What's this?" 

Her cheeks flush almost instantly, to the reddest colour I've seen in her face before.

"Well, you completely out did me on this, but its for you." she says, barely above a whisper.

She hands me a small, black box.

Opening it, a black ring sits in a tiny cushion.

Its a matte black color, small details on the inside, roman numerals circling the outside.

I lean down, planting a sweet kiss on her soft, plump lips.

"I love it, thank you, mi amore."

Intertwining our fingers, I take her inside.

We leave at 6, meaning she has an hour or 2.

She runs into my room, full speed with Roxy hot on her tail.

Rummaging through the bags she has with her, panic flashes through her face.

"Where the fuck is my makeup?" she runs her fingers through her hair, stress evident in her features.

Grabbing her arms, I pull her close.

"Alaina." her eyes finally focus on mine. "You put it in the bathroom this morning baby," she scoffs in disbelief.

"How did I forget that?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please leave any thoughts, or things you want to see!

Thank you all for still reading! <3

Favourite animal/s?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

380K 7.4K 49
all of his attention is on her no matter how he feels about her. He don't want to like her He don't want to want her He don't want to love her. But...
560K 11.4K 30
(Editing) "Why don't you like your body, beautiful?" Dominic asks with those huge beautiful sad eyes. "All the girls here are skinny, they got a beau...
1.2M 32.8K 35
"You're just too much fun to mess with," he jokes, his smile transforming into a glowing smirk. My cheeks heat, but this time with anger. My toleranc...
93K 3.3K 32
(LOVE'S SPECTRUM BOOK ONE) I've been awake for a few minutes, I'm just lying there loving the feeling of my angel in my arms. I feel her move and her...