Salty Song Fics

By PinkSafhires

Lots of salt. Adriensalt. Lilasalt. Alyasalt. Chloesugar. Ninosugar. Daminette. Marijon. Peternette. Etc. By... More

Skin
Traitor
Reckless
Stand by You
Troubles
Fight Song
3 Months
Fixer
Sara
Cinderella is Dead
Numb little bug
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing
Impossible
SPIDER WEB
Part 2 of SPIDER WEB
Not a Chapter

City of Angels

3.2K 62 46
By PinkSafhires

Marinette's POV:

"Of course we'll always be besties!" Alya exclaimed. I giggled.

"Even when you make it big as a reporter and I'm still a lowly fashion designer?" I egged.

"So about that reporter thing...." She continued, "Could I have an interview with one of your clients?" My mood dampened, but I nodded.

"Yes! I'm finally going somewhere." Alya said.

"Uh-"

"My career is going to take off. Maybe later I can interview one of your contacts, like Jagged Stone or Clara Nightingale gale-Ooh or even..." Alya continued her rant. I secretly rolled my eyes. "What if we do it now?" Alya suggested. She looked so happy, I just had to say yes.

"Okay, let's do it after school." I suggested and walked out the door with Alya rolling suit.

During school, Alya kept staring off into the distance, glancing at the clock, and tapping her pencil impatiently on the desk. When the dismissal bell finally rang, Alya bolted out the door in the direction of my house. I took my time and Adrien approached me.

"Hey Marinette! Why did Alya leave so early?"

"Oh!" I exclaimed, partially embarrassed. "I agreed to get one of my contacts to give her an interview." Adrien looked down.

"Oh. I didn't know you had contacts." He sheepishly smiled.

"Yeah. I just don't like to spread that piece of knowledge." I claimed, making him chuckle.

"Come on!" I heard Alya shout when she was at the front door.

"Better get going." I said, already running down the stairs to Alya. "Coming!" I sprinted up to her and the rest of the way to my room.

"Ok!" Alya jumped. "Who do I interview first?"

"Well, we could do someone small first, like that guy in that music video from England?" I suggested. Alya made a face.

"No! When I said I wanted to interview someone I meant someone big." Alya said like a small child.

"Okay, how about," I stopped to think. "Bob Roth?" Alya lit up.

"Ok thank you!"

I called Bob Roth.

"Hey BR!"

"Mari? Hey! You still up to design the robot costumes for XY's next concert?"

"You know I am!" I said cheerfully, "But, I have a friend who's a reporter, she wants to interview you." Alya gave me 2 thumbs up from the side.

"How personal will the questions be?" Mr. Roth said, not wanting the public to hear everything.

"Oh don't worry, Alya won't ask anything too personal." I saw Alya frown at this.

"When is it?" I held the phone away from my ear,

"When do you want to do it?" I asked Alya.

"Now." Alya ordered. I put the phone back to my ear.

"If you aren't busy now, we could do it over the phone?" I suggested.

"Sure, but it can't be longer than 30 minutes. I have an appointment scheduled at 5." I put the phone on speaker.

"Okay, it's on speaker phone. Ask away Alya."

"Ok! First of all, in silencer, you called your son useless. How so?" These questions were kind of personal.

"He's not. I just said that out of anger. I regret that now."

"Next question, is it true you tried to sabotage Jagged Stone?"

"What? No! Where did you hear that from?" Bob asked, curiously but also enraged.

"Well, you tried getting him to change his album cover."

"What? That was a friendly discussion. I thought his album was doing amazingly, so I wanted to see if he would join the club and do a perfume-add cover. It was a test of originality. He passed with flying colors. He's also my friend." Bob Roth cleared up. "This is why eavesdroppers and tabloids should not write news." Alya winced because she was the one that heard them both talking.

"Ok. Thanks for clearing that up. Now-"

"Actually, I have to go." Bob Roth hung up.

"I still had time! Why'd he hang up." Alya whined. "But now I have enough to write a story." Her face brightened. After a few hours, the story was finished.

"Can I proofread it?" I asked.

"Yeah sure." She passed over the laptop to where I was sitting. I read the title: Bob Roth's Big Secret. I looked at her questioningly.

"It's a catchy title, more people will read it."

I scrolled further down. The article was about how XY was adopted and how Bob Roth never loved him. It also said Jagged Stone stole his girlfriend so that was the real reason they got into a fight during silencer.

"This isn't true, Als."

"I may have exaggerated a bit, but we didn't see Bob's face so we can't be sure he wasn't lying."

"But I know him! He wouldn't lie!"

"Hey. I just did what would get me views. It's not my fault." I gave her the 'do you not see how stupid you sound' look.

"Whatever Alya. Want some pastries? We made them this morning." I offered her a small tray. Alya grabbed 2 pastries and stuffed them in her mouth.

"Des uh ro dood." I giggled at her antics while a small part of me was semi-annoyed. "These are so good." She repeated. "Can I have some more?" She asked with food still in her mouth spitting it everywhere. Ew.

"Sure Alya." I said politely while she snatched more.

"Maybe you could promote my fashion dream on your website once you have the whole world following you." I dreamed big for the both of us.

"Wait-" she said suspiciously. "No, sorry." I looked at her bug-eyed, "Now it just seems like you're using me for clout when my blog gets famous." Alya shook her head.

"I'm sorry. What?" I asked in disbelief.

"I said no. I'm not going to be friends with a gold digger. Either you stop asking me for clout or we're done." Alya sassed. Alya needed me for clout. Not the other way around. How could I not have noticed this before. I mentally facepalmed.

"Okay. We're not friends then." I smirked. Alya looked taken aback.

"I don't need you. After I post this article, everyone will follow me. I'll get more interviews and you'll be left in the dust." Alya said smugly.

"Fine." I sassed back. "Now Leave." I stated coldly a smirk still hanging on my face.

"I will leave." Alya said like a toddler.

A few minutes after she was gone, I went to her website and clicked on her most recent post. I took screenshots and saved them to the cloud. Next, I called Bob Roth.

"Hey, sorry to call again."

"Mind telling me why my record label just received a call saying my son was adopted, Jagged and I aren't friends, and how he stole my girlfriend?"

"Yeah, that's why I'm calling. Remember Alya, my friend, and how she asked you for an interview. Well, took your words and twisted them. We aren't friends anymore so I have a proposal."

"I'm listening."

"Let her lie. Once she crosses the line, which she will, then we get you and all of the other celebrities she lied about to punish her. We will make her crawl on her knees begging for mercy." I smirked at the thought.

"Hmm... Fine. But you can't give her anymore interviews with anyone else."

"That won't be a problem." I recall what happened earlier.

So our plan started. I moved to New York City with Jagged Stone as his niece. There, I bought a studio where MDC Designs could create designs for private sales. I was opening it today.

I wore white and lilac color-block jeans, a matching cropped shirt, and a matching zipper jacket. I wore white platform sneakers and lilac hoop earrings. I also had my hair in a messy side bun and black framed sunglasses with the MDC logo on the sides.

"You ready Mari?" Jagged asked.

"Yup! Phone, earrings, bag... yeah I'm ready!" I said enthusiastically.

"Okay, let's go then!" I followed Jagged out my room to the elevator where we pressed the ground level. After we got out of the elevator, we walked towards Jagged's limo. A lot of people in NYC have limos so not many people were staring in awe when we came out.

"Marinette's new studio please." Jagged told the driver.

"Of course Mr. Stone." He nodded.

"Where's Penny?" I asked, "I haven't seen her today."

"You'll see." Jagged replied mysteriously. After an hour or so from the morning traffic, the limo stopped in front of a white and black, painted, brick building. It was in between a conveniently placed coffee shop and a flower shop on 890 Fifth Avenue, Manhattan, New York City.

When we stepped out of the limo onto the red carpet, tons of cameras were flashing in our direction. There were reporters everywhere each trying to catch a glimpse of THE Jagged Stone's niece. We went under the red ribbon which I was supposed to cut later today, and opened the glass doors to the inside of my studio.

"What time does the opening start?" I asked Jagged.

"1pm." He replied.

"Surprise!" Penny and Chloe jumped out in front of me. I yelped of surprise, then ran to Chloe hugging her.

"Oh my gosh! I missed you!" I squealed to Chloe.

"I did to! I leave for 3 months and you have a studio without telling me! Ridiculous utterly ridiculous." Chloe stated in her fashion. I giggled.

"Nice to know you're still the same Chloe from 3 months ago." We all laughed.

"Let me show you around." I showed her around the 5 rooms of my studio. The first was the lobby/shop part. It took up most of the shop seeing as it was where clients could see different fabrics, cuts, colors, styles, threads, hems, hoops, etc. It had many huge windows and a small table for tea. The next room was the actual studio. It had various sewing machines, rules, scissors, pencils, a mirror or two, and a large window facing the table where all my supplies would be. The 3rd room was the fitting room. It was a small 9x9 room with mirrors on every wall as well as a rolled arm chaise on the back wall. There was also a crystal chandelier hanging from the ceiling. The last 2 rooms were the bathrooms. One for boys and one for girls.

"Your studio is beautiful!" Chloe exclaimed. I blushed at the compliment.

"Thanks. I designed it myself."

"If you weren't doing fashion, I'd sponsor you for interior design." We bough laughed at Chloe's joke.

"Girls," Penny came in. "It's 11am, if you want to get lunch, get it now." Chloe and I looked at each other.

"Race you to the coffee shop next door." Chloe said getting a head start out the back door.

"Hey! Cheater!" I yelled at Chloe's racing figure. I raced after her but it was hard with platform sneakers. Oh well. I got to the outside of the shop just seconds after Chloe did.

"I won!" Chloe exclaimed.

"Did you though?" I say while showing her my foot already inside the door.

"Hey! Not fair." Chloe said, laughing. We both walked into the shop giggling. Surprisingly, the shop was full at noon.

"It's so full. Should we just go somewhere else?" I asked Chloe.

"Penny said we only have and hour or so, and we don't have a car." Chloe reasoned.

"Oh right. Maybe by the time we order, someone will leave?" I suggested.

"Good thinking." Chloe complimented.

"What are you getting?" I asked Chloe, unsure of what to get.

"The honey milk, extra foam and 15 honey pumps." Chloe said, salivating. I stared at her.

"Okay, you changed my mind. No coffee. I'm getting the strawberry milk, extra foam and 16 raspberry pumps. So it's sweet and partly sour." Chloe glared at me when I one upped her.

"You order first." Chloe declared. I rolled my eyes playfully.

"Hi! What can I get the two of you?" The lady asked us.

"I'll take the strawberry milk with extra foam and 16 raspberry pumps." I said politely.

"Will that be all?" She asked after tapping some stuff on her screen.

"I'll take the honey milk with extra foam and 17 pumps of honey." Chloe piped up. I glared at her for one upping me.

"Oh and we'll also take 4 bacon and ranch chicken sandwiches." I said, thinking of Penny and Jagged.

"Sure! Coming right up!" She repeated the order to the chefs in the back. There were still no seats left.

"The tables are all still taken." Chloe pointed out. I sighed.

"Yeah. We could always eat inside the studio, but if we drop or spill something, we'll die." I exaggerated. We both laughed. Someone coughed behind us.

"Excuse me, Miss." The boy who coughed said, looking directly at me.

"Yes?" I asked politely.

"I have 2 seats at my table if you want to sit here. But I have to go by 12." The boy looked at the time.

"Thank you so much!" I exclaimed enthusiastically. "You don't know how much we really needed to stay in this area." I smiled.

"Order for Chloe and Marinette!" Someone said. I looked at Chloe and she got up to get the drinks while I got the sandwiches. We went back to the table where the boy was sitting. The boy grabbed the bag from my hands.

"Thank you." I blushed slightly. It's been so long since a stranger, who doesn't know me as MDC, was nice to me.

"No problem." He replied while Chloe placed the drinks down.

"I'm good too if anyone cares." Chloe sasses. The boy and I laughed.

"Thank you Chloe."

"I'm going to assume you're Marinette?" The boy asks.

"Yes, I am. You are?"

"Peter." Peter states. We both crack a smile.

"Yeah. Okay. Cool." Chloe said sarcastically. I look at my watch.

"It's 11:37. We have like 23 minutes."

"Perfect! Then we have to go back through the back door, right?" I nodded.

"Are both of you new? I can't recall your accents." Peter asked.

"Oh yeah! We're both originally from Paris, France. But we've been to a lot of places since then. Actually, we've been to NYC before too with the class." I said with disdain. Peter didn't question it, instead he nods.

"I've been to Paris before too. It was for French-American friendship week."

"Our trip was for that too." I exclaimed. Peter and I laughed while Chloe looked between us then smirked.

"I'm going to give these to your uncle and aunt." Chloe said, snatching the sandwich bag from in front of me. She was up to something.

"Okay. Thanks Chloe. I'll be back by 12." She nodded then went back to the studio.

"You staying with your family?" Peter asks.

"No, actually. I came with them, we both stay at a hotel until-" I was about to say 'until my studio is built then I'm getting a house.' But stopped short. He doesn't know I'm MDC and I'd like to keep it that way for as long as I can. "Until I feel like moving again." I covered up. I did want to see the world so it wasn't really a lie.

"Oh cool! So what brings you to Manhattan?"

"You heard of MDC?" We both say at the same time. We laugh.

"Act-"

"Ye-" We laugh again.

"You go-"

"You g-" we both say again. I clap my hand over Peter's mouth this time.

"Getting away from the past." I said and take my hand off from Peter's face.

"Sorry." I said and blushed a bit.

"It's fine," he laughs. "Yeah, I've heard of MDC, I actually-" he stopped short. Peter checked his phone alarm.

"It's 12." Peter said disappointedly.

"Oh." I said. It was nice hanging out with Peter, time flew by way too fast. "Well I guess we should both get going?"

"Yeah. I hope to see you again." He said and we both walked out the door. We went the same way, but I went to the alleyway between the coffee shop and my studio to get in.

"I'm here." I announced, then I walked to the girls bathroom to change. I put on red and black color-block overalls, black combat boots, red ladybug earrings, and put my hair in a messy half up half down. Once I got out, I walked over to Chloe and Penny.

"Hey!" Penny said.

"Hi! How do I look?" I did a small twirl to show off my outfit.

"It's you!" Chloe claimed.

"Wait! I made us matching outfits." I pointed to a small bag for Chloe to put on. Chloe lit up.

"Thank you! It's just yellow instead of red! I love it so much! Thank you! Thank you!" Chloe bounced around. I pushed her towards the bathroom to change and walked over to my studio to get the scissors for the event. It was black and red, ladybug patterned. It had the initials MDC on the part between the blades and handles. I came back to the main room in time for Chloe to strut out like the queen she was.

"Woo! Chloe! I'm your biggest fan! You're my idol!" I screamed playfully as Chloe posed in front of me like a fashion model.

"No autographs. Just pictures." Chloe posed.

"But seriously, you could model some of my merchandise." Chlo blushed.

"I would love that!"

"Girls!" Jagged walked it, "it's 11:55, we should go now." We all nodded and followed Jagged outside the doors. As soon as I stepped out, with Chloe, after Penny, the cameras flashed nonstop.

"Hello everybody!" Jagged smiled into the microphone. "Today, we're here to congratulate my niece Marinette." I stepped forward and waved shyly. My eyes scanned the 50-75 people in the crowd. Somehow, my eyes landed on one pair of hazel eyes. Peter? I looked at him questioningly. He smiled sheepishly. "-my niece is going to say a few words now." I froze. Was this part of the plan? I mentally facepalmed. I have my speech memorized. I take a deep breath and walk towards the microphone.

"Hello everyone!" I said cheerfully. The audience clapped and cheered. "I'm originally from Paris and I know what you're thinking. 1. Why is she in Manhattan exactly?" I glanced over a Peter. "2. How is she so young but already so successful. 3. Is her hair naturally blue?" I exaggerated the last question. Everyone laughed. Phew, my joke didn't fall flat. "I'm actually here to escape a past friendship I had, it was toxic and used." I smiled, "She didn't see how telling the truth could spare feelings not was she a true friend, so we ended our friendship. 2. I have been wanting to be a fashion designer since I was what? 6?" Everyone laughed again, I glanced at Peter and he seemed proud. "I'm really glad all of you could make it to my grand opening, and I hope to see all of y'all again!" I sigh a sigh of relief. Chloe hands the scissors back to me, and I walk over to the red ribbon. I stand in front of it with Chloe right next to me. I hold the scissors with both hands and cut the red ribbon. "We are now open!" I exclaimed. I stepped out of the way back into the store. We only let 3-4 people inside at a time, so the line was blocks long.

"Hi welcome to MDC Designs! I'm Marinette. How can I help you?" I asked a reporter who just came in.

"I'm Lois Lane, this is Clark Kent. We're from the daily planet. Could we interview you for headlines tomorrow?" My eyes widened.

"Your Lois Lane!" I exclaimed. My thoughts went back to when Alya was raving about this reporter. My thoughts turned sour at my ex-best friend's name. "Welcome!" I said politely.

"Could we do the interview here?" Lois said, pointing to my studio.

"Of course!" I smiled and led the way to the room.

"Okay. First of all, what brought you to Manhattan exactly." Clark asked.

"Like I said before. Getting away from a toxic life but also being able to explore the world." I short answered.

"Okay," Lois wrote down. "Next, who was the friend that used you?"

"I-" I stopped. Wondering if I should say her name. "I'm not comfortable sharing that right now, but when I am, I'll call you."

"Okay, that's I for now." I smiled again.

"Of course! I hope you both have a wonderful day." I escorted them outside. I talked to Chloe the next few minutes blissfully unaware of someone approaching me.

"Hi!" They said. I jumped.

"Peter? Oh my gosh you scared me." I laughed.

"Sorry about that." He said sheepishly and I blushed. "I didn't realize you were MDC." Peter said.

"Well, yeah. I didn't really want anyone chasing me trying to get information on Jagged Stone of anyone else." We both laughed. "You here for a design or just wait in line for hours to see me." I teased. Peter looked down, his ears slightly pink.

"Actually, I'm a photographer for the Daily Bungle. No one else could accompany me so I'm also reporting today." He said, making me giggle.

"Okay! How can I help you?"

"I just need some questions answered and a few pictures if you don't mind?" I nodded my head.

"Of course! Shoot."

"Okay. Who was the toxic friend you talked about earlier, sorry if that's a little personal."

"It's fine. But I won't disclose any names until I feel comfortable, sorry. But when I do, you'll be the first to know." Peter nods and moves on.

"Next, what is your connection to Jagged Stone." He looked back up at me. I grinned.

"He's my honorary uncle. I met him when I first made him sunglasses on our class trip, later he asked me to design the cover for his 'Rock Giant' album."

"Cool sounds like fun." He was about to go on when I cut him off.

"My turn, what's your connection to Tony Stark?" I asked, making him flinch a bit.

"How did you know that?" Peter asked, getting a little defensive. I pointed at his jeans.

"The brand. It's not cheap. Also, there's some black thread on one of the seams, which means you probably got a hole in it. Also, the thread is moon thread, which tends to be more durable and expensive than the regular cotton, polyester, nylon, etc. When I met you, you were facing the avengers tower out the window suggesting you know someone there. Also, your hair. On the back there's some kind of soot but not regular soot, soot with traces of radium. The only normal-ish person with high exposer to radium would be Tony Stark." I finished. Peter looked taken aback.

"Oh. I didn't realize I still had soot in my hair." He laughed sheepishly.

"So?" I repeated.

"So what?"

"What's your connection to Tony Stark?" I laughed.

"He's my boss, I work in stark industries as well. He's also my-" Peter stopped. "Never mind." He finished.

I let it go, knowing people keep secrets.

"Okay! Cool! Anymore questions?" I asked.

"I'll check." Peter dug through his notebook. "Oh yeah, there's one more."

"Shoot." 

"What's your number?" Peter asked cheekily. I grinned and recited my number.

"I'll see you later?" I asked, and walked Peter out.

"You bet!" He grinned. I blushed and waved bye. When he left Chloe almost tackled me.

"You got someone's number before me! How could you!" Chloe asked dramatically. I giggled.

"It's not like that, he's just my friend." I said, looking down.

"Your blush says a different story. Plus, you were both flirting the whole time."

"No we weren't." I defended. 

"He's a reporter and asked for your number as one of his questions." Chloe deadpanned.

"That doesn't mean he likes me." I said defensively. Chloe gave me the 'are you serious right now' look.

"Okay, I'm done with your ridiculous, utterly ridiculous, obliviousness. I'm going back to the hotel." I shrugged.

"I'll be back by 5." I replied. There was still a long line of people waiting outside. 

Multiple interviews, greets, fittings, and cash register rings later, the line outside was finally gone. It was 4:32pm and I felt like collapsing. I closed up the store and started walking to the bus stop. It was 7 blocks away so I walked while exploring. Unfortunately, when I got to the bus stop there was a sign saying there was a crash and they couldn't do anymore rides for a few days. I sighed and glanced at the clock. It was already 4:43. A notification popped up on my phone.

Unknown: Hi 

I started at my phone. Who was texting me?

You: Sorry, who is this?

Unknown: This is Peter? 

Oh yeah. I remembered the events from earlier today.

You: Ohh okay.

Peter: Are you still at your studio? I thought you were finished.

You: No, I just closed up. I was going to take the bus home, but it got in a crash and idk anyone who can pick me up.

Peter: I can pick you up if you want, I'm not far from the bus stop anyway. It's just a mile or so away.

I smiled down at my phone.

You: If it doesn't bother you, I would like that.

Peter: Omw, be there in 5.

I giggled slightly as a faint blush dusted my pale, cold cheeks. The weather has really turned, it was warm in the morning and now it's almost freezing. 

Not even 5 minutes later, an Audi A8L parks in front of me, and Peter gets out.

"Hey!" Peter greeted.

"Hi!" I replied happy to be out of the cold. Peter opens the door for me and I get in.

"You didn't have to do that." I said when Peter started the car.

"I wanted to. Plus, it made me feel like a gentleman." I laughed.

"Whatever floats your boat I guess." We both laughed.

"Where to?" Peter asked looking at his GPS.

"St. Regis New York." I instructed. Peter raised a brow but said nothing. "My uncle." I cleared up.

"Ohh." Peter said. 

"How long have you been in New York?" I tried breaking the awkwardness.

"I was born on May 25, 2001. Born and raised in Manhattan. You?"

"I just got here a month or two ago. I was born in Paris on July 9, 2003." I said. We drove a little more and passed a vacant lot with a sign that said 'Carnival coming soon. Opens Thursday, January 18'.

"Cool! The new carnival opens tomorrow! I've been wanting to go with my friends. I haven't been in so long." Peter said, hinting towards something.

"I've never been to a carnival." I confessed. Peter looked at me in horror.

"Never? Not even as a kid?" I shook my head. "That's it, you're coming with me as soon as you get the chance." Peter finalized. I thought back to what Chloe said before she left. Hmm I wonder...

"Like a date?" I half teased. Peter blushed.

"Uh-Yeah-if you want it to be that is." I blushed.

"I-I would like that." Before he could reply the engine stopped running forcing us to pull over. Peter and I got out of the car and opened the frunk. 

"The engine froze." He claimed, I shivered. "Hey, you okay?" Peter asked.

"Yeah just cold." Peter took notice of what I was wearing. He pulled off his Midtown high school sweater and gave it to me. A lightning bolt crashed some few miles behind him followed by a clap of thunder. I blushed and smiled, taking the sweater and putting it on."It's only a few minutes walking distance from here. We could walk if you want?" Peter suggested.

"Okay, let's do that." I agreed walking alongside Peter. 

"I'll just call my dad to let him know my car broke down." A short phone call later, Peter and I were walking up the street to my hotel. We set a date for our date. It was going to be on Thursday, tomorrow after I close up the studio, at 5pm. Peter was going to pick me up at the studio. 

We kept chatting about our lives we were disappointed when we stopped outside my room. 

"Well, I'll see you on Friday then." I said the disappointment eminently in my voice.

"Yeah," Peter said with the same enthusiasm. "See you then." He turned.

"Peter." I stopped him, he faced me. "Thank you for helping out, I really enjoyed our time today." I smiled and a strong blush overcame my face.

"I did too." We hugged, our faces both blushing red, and waved goodbye. 

When I got inside, I found Chloe on the couch watching a murder mystery.

"Hey Chloe!" I said joining her on the couch. Thankfully, the movie just started.

"Hey Marinette! I thought I heard voices outside, was anyone there?" Chloe asked, her eyes still glued to the screen.

"Yeah, Peter dropped me off since the bus was unavailable. Then his car stopped." Chloe looked at me. "We just walked the last few blocks here." Chloe smirked.

"Told you he liked you." Chloe singsonged.

"Yeah, we set up a date for Friday. So thank you Chloe." I mumbled into the pillow. 

"What was that?" Chloe asked annoyingly. "I didn't hear you." 

"I said: Thank you." I said a bit louder.

"Still didn't hear you." Chloe tsked.

"I said: THANK YOU." I screamed into her ear.

"I was expecting a thank you not to be deaf." Chloe retorted, I smirked. 

"Like you weren't already." I giggled. We ended the day just watching the movie and ordering take out.

Alya's POV:

After Marinette and I stopped being friends, I made new friends like Lila!

 Lila is so much better. She knows more people and always gives me facts about celebrities. I've written so many articles just because of Lila. It was now summer and I've heard rumors of an upcoming designer called MDC Designs. Lila told me MDC and her were best friends and even started a long distance relationship! I was going to make it into an article, but I haven't had the chance to. My summer job at a fast food restaurant paid off because I had a couple thousand dollars.

"Hey Lila!" I exclaimed.

"Hi bestie!" Lila said.

"So you know how you were talking about your boyfriend, well I thought maybe we should both take a trip to NYC for summer."

"Oh I don't know Alya, I donated my allowance to charity. I'm afraid I'm now broke" Lila cried.

"Don't worry, I won't make you pay. You helped out in charities/shelters! The world is in debt to you!"

"Oh Alya that's so nice of you. You're taking me on an all expense paid trip to NYC." I nodded.

"It's the lease I could do for all you've done for our community. You'll even be able to see your boyfriend again!" 

"I can't wait! Mason and I haven't seen each other in so long. I miss him so much!"

"Wait, you know who MDC is?" I exclaimed.

"Oops! I wasn't supposed to say anything. I'm sure Mason won't mind though. You can put it in your blog. His full name is Mason Serra Doug. We've known each other since kindergarten." I typed this down. I was so getting an interview with Mason when I saw him.

"I booked plane tickets for us for Friday. A day after MDC Designs opens. We can visit the store  on Friday then maybe make some plans for after we visit your boyfriend?"

"Of course Als!" 

We boarded the plane a week later and landed after a few hours. We decided to stay at a cheap Motel because I couldn't afford anything else. At around 5 we went to the studio.

"Hello! How can I help you!" A girl my age asked. She looked a bit like Marinette, but the clothing and hair style was different so it couldn't be her. The lady was wearing an avocado green, mid length dress and a black leather jacket. She also wore black combat boots and stud earrings. The Marinette-look-alike also had blue hair swept up into a side braid.

"Hi, we're here to see MDC." I spoke up. The lady frowned a bit and wrinkled her nose in disgust. 

"Yeah MDC's not open for visitors."

"But his girlfriend is here." I said pushing Lila forward. Lila, froze.

Marinette's POV:

I was closing up the shop since Peter was taking me out today when the bell rung. Didn't they see the sign that said 'Closed'?

"Hello! How can I help you!" I asked with fake enthusiasm. I turned to face the newcomers.

"Hi, we're here to see MDC." Alya spoke up. I frowned and wrinkled my nose in disgust. Lila and Alya. Great. None of them seemed to recognize me so that was good. I'm guessing Lila told Alya her and MDC were dating. Wow. Very original. Lila said the exact same story with her and the Waynes or something.

"Yeah MDC's not open for visitors." I sassed.

"But his girlfriend is here." Alya pushed Lila forward. Lila, froze. It was satisfying to see Lila freeze up. Before I could answer Peter came in through the back door.

"Hey!" He said. Lila ran up to Peter.

"Mason! I haven't even you in so long! I missed you!" Lila hugged 'Mason'. 

"I'm not Mason." Peter clarified. 

"Of course you are." Alya defended. "You are Mason Serra Doug a.k.a. MDC and you've been dating my bestie Lila Rossi for months." I smirked at the word 'bestie' knowing very well Alya thought she was using Lila when Lila was actually using her.

"I'm not MDC." Lila froze. That wasn't in your plan now was it, liar.

"But you came through the back door." Alya pointed out.

"Yeah that's because I'm friends with MDC. I'm just here to take Marinette out on a date." Alya and Lila both froze at my name.

"I'm almost ready." I said, grabbing my black, leather purse.

"Marinette?!" Alya exclaimed. I smirked.

"In the flesh." I added.

"Still the gold digger as always I see. Going out with MDC's best friend so you can have a chance as a designer. That's really low of you." Alya rolled her eyes.

"Geez she even rolls her eyes wrong." Peter said making me laugh. "If I'm 'MDC's best friend' why did that girl come up to me like I was MDC." Alya was about to say something but didn't.

"This is why you shouldn't come in the city. It's not for you. Too much ego from the both of you. It takes up the entire mass of every building you walk into." I rolled my eyes.

"Why would you know about being in the city." Alya said snobbishly.

"It's hard havin' a heart in the city" I retorted.
"Look at the stars, waitin' for someone to tell you you're pretty, you're enough

"Psh!" Like you know what to do with your life. You're just leeching off of him, aren't you."

"So it goes, I don't know, what the feeling's like to be comfortable
With a stranger in your skin
Don't know why you let them in
" Alya didn't have a comeback so she just fell silent.

"At least I have real friends." Alya said, pushing Lila forward to back up her statement.

"We used to talk about the fakers in LA
But now you're one of 'em and damn it hurts to say
I should've seen it comin' from a mile away, a mile away
"

"What's that supposed to mean! I was nice to you! I gave you anything. All I got in return was requests for clout." Alya said smugly. Oh you think you won this conversation.

"What I'm saying is that
You always wanted to take before you give
But what's the fun of it
I don't know how you live with yourself in your Hollywood house in the hills
Gives me chills
"

"Psh. Not true. I would always give!"

"Name one time." I deadpanned. Alya went silent. Lila looked like she wanted to defend Alya but couldn't.

"City of angels"

"I remember! I said that I would call you when I got famous! I also said that we'd still be besties."

"Your words meant nothing to me." I stated coldly.
"Used to say, if you ever made it I'd be the first call
And life would stay fairly the same
Oh our friendship wouldn't change at all
"

"Did you really mean that we'd be besties forever though." I said mocking the 'besties forever' part.

"But you busted, haven't talked in a year
I mistrusted, now it's all comin' clear
That you only think of yourself
May be loved, but you're lonely as hell, oh
"

"So you admit I'm famous then. Since I'm loved." Alya said looking smug.

"Yeah. Alya's loved by many people across the world for her blogs." Lila claimed.

"How many subscribers do you have Alya?" I asked coldly. Alya looked down in shame. 

"And those poor people who do follow you are getting fake news." I emphasized the 'fake'.

"We used to talk about the fakers in LA
But now you're one of 'em, I guess you got your way
I bet you're tired of all the games you had to play, you had to play
"

"That's not true! I didn't use anyone!"

"You used Lila for interviews and news, didn't you? You probably also used your mother to ask for interviews from hotel guests. And your dad to survey people in the zoo." I guessed. Alya stood silent.

"What did you give except betrayal?

You always wanted to take before you give
But what's the fun of it
I don't know how you live with yourself in your Hollywood house in the hills
Gives me chills
City of angels
" I said, rolling my eyes. That the entire city of Paris was filled with people like Alya. I just didn't realize it then.

"You Liar!" Alya screamed towards me. "If you told me you were MDC and not a wannabe designer I would've stayed with you! You didn't even need me for clout!" Alya screamed in rage after finally realizing I was the owner of MDC Designs.

"That's what they call us, right
Wish you were able
To see there's so much more to life
Than fortune and fame
Validation and pain
When you always want more
There's nothing to gain
" I said disappointedly. I shook my head and looked at Alya in the eyes.

"We used to talk about the fakers in LA
But now you're one of 'em and damn it hurts to say
Damn it hurts to say
" I continued.

"You always wanted to take before you give
But what's the fun of it
I don't know how you live with yourself in your Hollywood house in the hills
Gives me chills
City of angels
That's what they call us, right
Wish you were able
To see there's so much more to life
City of angels
That's what they call us, right
City of angels
" I finished. Alya looked at the ground just about ready to cry. Lila placed her hand on her shoulder and attempted to comfort the now crying brunette.

"Get away from me! You lied to me and now I've been feeding my viewers wrong information! My career is ruined! I'll never be a reporter!" Alya screamed forgetting about how many feelings she hurt. 

"Oh please. You're the one who used Marinette and pushed her away for no reason. I only told you stories, you decided to believe them." Lila said viciously. I looked at Peter.

"By the way," Peter cut in making the fight stop. "Expect to be charged for some fines, including some jail time, from my adopted father.

"What's he's gonna do." Lila said smugly.

"Oh I don't know, he could either sue you or drop you from 3,000 feet in the air. Oh wait-Did I mention he's THE Tony Stark? No? Well my bad." Peter said innocently, making Lila and Alya's faces a deathly pale.

"Now you know who drove me to Manhattan. I told you I'd let you know as soon as I was ready. Her name is Alya Cesaire. Put it on headlines." I smirked meanwhile Lila and Alya were still bickering.

"I'll have it on the paper tomorrow morning." Peter tipped his baseball cap cheekily, and I giggled. Alya and Lila made their way outside, still squabbling with each other. When they left, I closed the door behind them and locked it.

"You ready to go?" I asked a Peter. He grinned.

"Always." He replied. We left out of the back door arm in arm walking towards the carnival not knowing that this day would change my life forever, for he would soon ask me to be his girlfriend. Years later, we were married with one kid another on its way. 

Song: City of Angels

By- Em Beihold

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.5K 245 17
☛ Hi there. Welcome to the progression of my writing style and expanse in grammar. This book has been an ongoing experiment and attempt to improve my...
44.8K 898 38
(If you're not reading this on Wattpad, you're reading an illegal copyright version of it) Here is my own little collection of Miraculous ladybug sto...
162K 4.6K 95
I just randomly think of these short stories and want to share them!!! (No smut, lemon, or lime) Some of them are more short stories than one shots...
9.8K 173 81
Hello everyone, it's MiraculousGory. And today is a very special day. Today is the day I officially release my fanfic for my Season 5 of MLB. Afte...