back on track

By inlovewithf1marvel

Sofia had big dreams but they were crashed when she was young. Now she tries to find her place in the very st... More

1. the one with the basics
2. the one with a friend
3. the one where I was saved by the champ
4. the one with the honey badger
5. the one where i feel happy for the longest time
6. the one with hello's and wedding plans
7. the one where we went kind of motor racing
8. the one with huge breakdown
9. the one where I caught myself staring
10. the one where forgot how to breath
11. the one with a lot of stuttering
12. the one with pizza and pointy looks
13. the one with all the emotions
14. the one with the boat
15. the one with the guys
16. the one with the circus
17. the one with the kiss and threat
18. the one where he drives me crazy
19. the one with too many drinks
20. the one where it's not DR3 shouting Pierre Gasly
21. the one with the morning after
22. the on where they spill some tea
23. the one with unfinished business
24. the one with the podium to smile for
25. the one with the make up and three seasons of DTS
26. the one with the interesting pre-race press
27. the one with battles on and off track
28. the one with chicken on fire
29. the one with the cards
30. the one with the quadrant
31. the one with the duvet of horror
32. the one with the heartwarming surprise
33. the one with confused mom
34. the one where there is too many people
35. the one where he's confident
36. the one where it finally happens
37. the one with all smiles
38. the one wih the blast from the past
39. the one back in Finland
40. the one remembering the angel
41. the one with reliving some bad memories
42. the one where we can all agree that The Cars is the best movie ever made
43. the one with the 'S'
44. the one where I leave a few details out
45. the one where there weren't too many 'inchidents'
46. the one with me being a shitty friend
47. the one with the guys pt.2
48. the one with the last supper
49. the one where I'm in a good mood
50. the one where he tells everyone that he never left
51. the one with the heartbreak
52. the one with goodbyes and some good times
53. the one back in school
54. the one with a lot to talk about
55. the one with how I met Mick
56. the one with the story of my life
57. the one where I am athlete and athletes sweat, sweat baby, ki ki ra
58. the one with not one but two Leclercs
59. the one with the offer
60. the one where I make my mind
61.. the one with the fight and confession
62. the one with The Michael
63. the one with qualifying
64. the one were we have a new champ
65. the one with a dream come true
66. the one in England
67. the one with Christmas dinner
68. the last part
just a little message
What do you wanna read next?
just a little taste ;)
another taste, with some spice..

Life as Schumacher - part 1

2.8K 19 5
By inlovewithf1marvel

Okay, so I haven't written a whole story or anything just yet, but I thought that I would do a shorter story about the days in the Schumacher family. I am going to make it its own "book", but I thought I would ask your opinion first. Also I'm not too sure about the name of the story yet so don't pay too much attention to that. 

Here is the first part and I would like to know if it's something you would like to read or get more. The idea is to bring back the early days with the family as well as the reunion taking place days after my last book ended. 

Anyways, thank you for reading my book!! We're already almost at 10k and that is a lot for me, so thank you so much. 

Let me know your thought about the Back on track as well as this new part :) Stay safe yall!!

---------

Driving between the mountains in Switzerland brought back many memories. We had agreed with Mick that I would visit them after the Christmas but after the fight with my mum I hadn't been too welcomed to back home anymore and Mick had insisted that I would take a next flight there, and after a bit of arguing over the fact that I wasn't going to intrude their Christmas, especially after everything, I had had to just accept that I had no saying on this.

So here I was. I had flown to Lyon as it had been the best option now around the Christmas. There hadn't been too many options, so I had taken it and rented a car from the airport. It was going to be a three-hour drive but I didn't mind. I was pretty nervous about the visit a head of me, even though Mick had assured me that they were all very excited and looking forward to it.

Watching the scene changing in front of me reminded me of all those times I had driven here. Well I was sitting in the back, but the view hadn't changed much since then. My mind wondered back to those days.

2011

Beautiful scenes changed in front of me as I sat on the backseat of my uncle's car as we drove trough the countryside of Switzerland. I had many bags with me and the whole trip felt kind of weird. I had been hugged longer than usual by my parents and my mum had seemed little uneasy with the whole thing. She had been mad at my uncle even though either of the admitted it to me. I was ten years old not stupid.

I didn't like my mum. She thought that racing was stupid and not a real sport or even a real hobby. She had come to couple of my races if they had fitted her travel plans and job and even than she would just tell me how stupid it was. She liked Mick though. She had liked him since she first met him, and it felt a bit unfair. I liked Mick too, but it still felt bad that even though he represented everything racing was, my mum liked him and not me.

"Are we there yet?" I asked y uncle who was humming to the music.

"Almost, twenty minutes to go" he smiled to me through the mirror.

I wished my uncle was my mum. That sounded weird, but you know what I meant. I couldn't understand how my mum was his sibling, he loved racing, he was kind, and he laughed a lot. My mum was kind to other people, not me and she didn't laugh like that. Sometimes I felt bad for her, I felt like she didn't enjoy her life as much as her brother.

I was pulled out of my thoughts after a little while as a big house came to my sight and my uncle drove the car in front of it. I just stared my mouth open the building; I had never seen a house that big. Once again, my thoughts were interrupted by my uncle who opened the car door in front of me.

"Come on let's get in" he nodded to me smiling and my heart pounded a little faster. I had been told that we would go to Mick's place for some time, but I hadn't thought that his place would a castle. I stepped out of the car and looked around me. There was green grass and a lake, and it was like from a Disney movie.

I slowly walked towards the doors behind my uncle and was too stunned to speak. I felt so small even smaller than I actually was.

"Hey guys, welcome" I finally heard a familiar voice as Michael, Mick's dad, opened the door in front of us with a huge smile on his face. "How was the trip?" he asked more from my uncle and they started to chat. I had learned a lot of English in last two years as I had had to cause I had started to race more abroad than in Finland. But it was still hard to talk.

I walked after the two men as we made our way inside the house. I was too stunned to speak. I couldn't believe that someone lived in a place like this.

"Hey" I heard a bright voice and Mick ran towards to us.

"Hi" I told the boy and finally there was a smile on my face. Then he said something to his dad in German and received a nod from the man.

"Come on" he then told me taking my hand pulling me up the stairs.

"Where?" I laughed as we ran through the hallways of the huge building. If he had now let go of my hand and left me here I wouldn't probably have been able to find back to the hall where we had left.

"To your room" he said still sprinting but I let go of his hand and stopped. I knew what my room meant, but why would I have a room here. Was there a room for my uncle too?

"What?" I looked at the guy in front of me who wasn't so smiley anymore, he seemed a bit confused too.

"What what?" he asked me shrinking his brows.

"I have a room?" I was able to finally form a sentence.

"Of course you have a room, where did you think you'd stay?" Mick asked me like I was stupid. I was so jealous how good his English was already, I mean his starting level had been way higher than mine but I felt like I was moving nowhere with my language skills compared to him.

"I don't know" I said looking down feeling a bit embarrassed. "How- uhm how tall I will be here?" I tried my best to make sense but I could already tell that I was doing it wrong and suddenly all the happiness and joy was gone and I felt just small and bad.

"I don't know how long you'll be here, but I know that my parents said that we need to make you feel like home" Mick said to me softly. I knew he knew that I wasn't feeling too good about myself or the new situation at the moment.

"Home?" I turned my eyes up from the floor to him. I didn't understand everything he had said but I understood that word.

"Yes, you're going to be my new sister" Mick smiled happily and I was lost once again. This time not because I didn't understand more because I did.

"And my uncle?" I asked him worried that I would be left here all alone.

"He is going to be here a lot, I promise" the boy nodded his head taking my hand again and we began to walk towards the room at the end of the hallway.

Mick opened the door and I stepped into room full of light. It was big to compare the one I had in home Finland, but it was small compared to everything I had seen today and I liked it. There wasn't much anything, a bed, desk and a closet. I spun around in the middle of the room studying every little detail that was there.

"You like it?" Mick asked carefully and I nodded to him. "Good, let's go" And before I knew I was once again following the boy holding my hand to the next door from mine. It opened and I could tell straight away that it was his room. It was bigger than mine for sure, but I didn't mind at all. It was full of racing stuff and there was a dog laying on the floor.

The dog got up and looked at me at first but once I got down to the floor, she seemed to calm down a bit and walked up to me trying to find out if I was a threat or not. You could tell that the dog had bonded with the young Schumacher by the fact that it was sleeping on his room and seemed to have a lot of her toys here as well.

"What's its name?" I asked as the dog had finally figured out it could trust me.

"Ada"

"She's pretty"

"Yeah, she is" the boy smiled to me. "We need to go back down now" he then happily told me and I was following him once again in this labyrinth. Ada followed us closely. At least I had found a one friend in the house besides Mick.

"There she is" I could here Michael announce as we stepped into a dining room. I could spot another girl next to who I was guessing was Mick's mum. My uncle stood next to the main man himself. The girl looked at me the way that made me a bit uncomfortable and I could feel myself moving closer to Mick and even a bit behind him to get away from the curious eyes.

The woman made her way to us and Mick moved away from me, so it was just the two of us. She squatted down to my eye level. She had a friendly smile on her face and she didn't scare me all that much anymore.

"Hey, you must be Sofia" she said warmly. "I'm Corinna, Mick's mum" she introduced herself offering her hand to me and I carefully took it nodding my head.

"Hello" I said quietly and got a big smile from Corinna.

"Are you hungry?" she then asked, and I shyly nodded my head. "Okay, good. Let's eat" she then stood up telling everyone to get to the table. I quickly made my way to my uncle and pulled him from the sleeve.

"Am I staying here?" 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.7K 326 15
Helena had been working as a communications executive for Ferrari for the better part of a year. Charles had been a driver for Ferrari for 4 years. ...
257K 5.5K 60
Sticking around was never her intention. She just wanted to watch one race and the people around her made everything in their power to keep her there...
3.9M 87.6K 84
Somewhere in Tuscany, two people cross paths- one lost and one making the most out of a month of freedom. No responsibilities. No expectations. No ju...
9.5K 178 12
Driver x driver You can request something and I will try my best to write it for you The stories are mostly based on song lyrics yeah and my writing...