54. the one with a lot to talk about

"So let me get this straight. We're flying to Saudi Arabia next weekend and then next week to Abu Dhabi?" I raised my brows looking to the back seat of our car where all three drivers was trying to find space to breath. Gladly they were racing drivers so they weren't that big, but it was still a small space for two grown sized man and Lando.

"Yeah, and you can take Emma with you, we have an extra seat" Carlos nodded and I could see Emma's eyes light up, but she didn't say anything. I knew she was feeling little out of place in the car with three people she had spent so much time looking at on TV.

Driving through the streets of cold city, I was little bumped that the guys would see Finland like this. It was almost December and it was just grey and cold, not too beautiful at least. I parked the car outside the building I was living and told the guys that they could leave most of their stuff in the car and that we would drive to my hometown first thing in the morning. We just needed to survive one night in my small apartment. The guys had of course offered to stay at hotel, but I had insisted that they would stay at my place. I would probably crash at Emma's just so everyone would have enough space to sleep.

"So welcome to my home" I said clicking the lights on as it was already dark outside as the clock was almost five. Yes, you heard me, it was dark already and it was only five. Way to go Finland. My apartment was very close to what it had been in Maranello, the style of it and size of it were same and this one was filled with photos as well. I watched as the guys looked around while I jumped on the couch with Emma so I was laying with my head on her lap.

"What do you think? You have time for a little vacation?"

"You really need to ask?" She laughed and I was happy to give her this opportunity.

"When have you taken these?" I could hear Carlos asking standing next to my table. There was a pile of photos that I just had taken to developed couple days ago. They were the once I had taken in Monaco in the yacht and there were couple others from the nine months too, but most of them were already on my walls.

"Monaco" Lando beat me to it as he walked next to his friend.

"Yeah, the day before you got there" I added getting up from the couch. I could see small smile playing on Lando's lips as he picked up the photo of two of us where I was about to be dumped in the ocean.

"I took that" he then said dropping the photo he was holding in the moment and picked up one with only me in it. I was laughing at something and hadn't noticed the camera pointing at me. I actually liked the photo and maybe even more now that I knew who had taken it. I left the guys going through the photos and jumped back to the couch with Emma.

"So uhm not too over the thing between you two huh?" she smirked me in Finnish knowing that the guys wouldn't have any idea what we were talking about.

"Yeah, dunno" I nervously laughed. "I mean, it never felt good to let it go, but it felt smart, but now I just wanna yeet the smart out the fucking window" I sighed making the girl next to me chuckle. I really needed to talk to Lando, I needed to know if he still felt something and what and his opinion to the whole mess.

"Can I crash at your place by the way?"

"Yeah sure" Emma shrugged his shoulders. "But only if you fill me in with everything, I know you've been leaving parts of the story out" I laughed to her blackmail attempt but agreed anyway.

.

"I'm home" I yelled as we walked into my childhood home. "And I brought some guests" I added knowing that I hadn't exactly mentioned that I would be bringing four other people with me.

"Oh okay" I could hear my mum shouting and soon enough she appeared to us. "So you've met Emma and Carlos, and I'm sure you –"I was cut off and completely ignored as my mum went past me pulling Mick into a hug. "Mick, I'm sure you remember Mick" I mumbled under my breath looking the two. "Ladies and gents meet the only thing my mum ever liked about me racing." I rolled my eyes smiling and received couple laughs from my audience.