7. the one where we went kind of motor racing

" No way! No way you have a permission to do this to me" I raised my brows and stared at the McLaren drivers and a very fast looking car in front of us. We were standing in a line, I in the middle staring at the car, and well I think the guys were staring at me.

" Okay, so here's the rules," Lando began and I gulped. " I'm competing against Ricciardo here" he explained.

" Yeah I figured that much" I turned facing the younger guy.

" But here is where it gets interesting. You're sitting on the dead seat and are representing Ferrari and before you start to complain this wasn't our idea" he continued pointing to the Sky Sports team behind us. " We have three different tasks along the track which we have to complete in order to win. So fastest wins" he stated happily.

" So why do I have the feeling that I'm the only one who is not gonna have fun during this race?" I asked.

" Maybe because that is very likely" Daniel shrugged his shoulders.

" Fine I'll do it" I agreed even though I was pretty sure that they were not going to ask my opinion anyway.

" Yeah we know" Lando laughed.

After that I was given a helmet and I could already see the curious eyes gathering around the finish line to watch what was going down.

"Oh and this is also a competition between us and Ferrari" Daniel added. " They have our intern in same position as you so you're pretty much representing the whole Italy right now, no pressure" he added and I gave him the finger.

"Are you ever going to tell me what my job is exactly?" I asked putting the helmet on.

"Umm so every lap there is one task.." Lando started.

"Wait, EVERY LAP?!" I looked him in shock. "I thought you said two laps six tasks?"

"Nope. Six laps six tasks, all of them are competitions between the driver and you but basically you're competing against our intern who needs to do the same tasks so one point every time you win for the Ferrari and other way around" Lando corrected, and I almost shat on my pants right there right that moment.

" How the fuck did I end up here?" asked when I sat on the car.

"Hey hey, no swearing" Daniel smirked at me behind the wheel. 

" Okay you ready?" I saw Lando in front of the car." So, you're going the first three laps against Daniel and then the next three with me, OK?" he asked from the window.

"Yeah, no definitely not okay", I shook my head. " I mean I've always wanted to drive fast on some F1 track but this one right now feels like a really bad idea" I must've looked terrified cause the look on Lando's eyes soften a bit.

" You're gonna be fine, ok?" he asked me gently touching my hand on the window which send goosebumps all over my body and I nodded slowly.

"So the drivers are racing for the time and we interns are racing for the points in the tasks, right?" I asked one more time. "Right" Lando nodded.

"Okay lovebirds let get this show on the road" Daniel said next to us making me blush a little and I had no idea why my body was reacting this way. I had no time to think about it no cause the lights turned on and my stomach flipped around as the car shoot down the track.

" Am I gonna die?" I screamed as Daniel headed to the first turn.

"I really hope that not on my watch" he laughed and pressed the accelerator again. The first lap went by while I was thinking about death and well nothing else when the car stopped, and I came back to my senses realizing I needed to be fast so I jumped out of the car for the first task which was good old ring toss. Gladly I had played these games a lot in my childhood and still whenever we were spending time in our cottage so I was pretty confident and won the thing.