42. the one where we can all agree that The Cars is the best movie ever made

"My mum sent her best by the way" I told Mick as we walked out of the hospital.

"I always liked your mum" he smiled. "Even though she hated the sport and wasn't much of a fan of us after all" he laughed and memories of my mum with me on the track flowed back to my mind.

"Yeah, she was so far off her comfort zone out there, but she wanted to be there for me and I'm pretty sure she wanted to see you too" I pointed out smiling.

"Hah yeah" Mick grinned knowing how big fan of his my mum had been.

"You're not gonna like this tho" I smirked. "When I told her I had seen you she asked me what you were doing nowadays" I said trying to hold back a laugh as Mick turned to look at me with his mouth open.

"Oh wow, she really doesn't follow the sport, does she?" he shook his head chuckling.

"Nope not at all, I don't even know how she knows so little" I confirmed.

"I still can't believe you're here" Mick sighed as we got to his bike. "I thought I would never see you again after everything" he admitted. "I mean, I would've hated the sport after that too" he said agreeing with the reaction I had had a seven years ago.

"Yeah, but I guess it doesn't matter how much you hate something when it's part of who you are" I shrugged my shoulders. "And I've seen a lot of improvement already, and also by being here maybe some day I will have a say on those things" I pointed out.

"I always kinda hoped you would say that" he told me. "The girls out there need someone like you to look up to and to stood up for them" he said seriously, and I gave him a huge smile.

"I've missed you" I told the guy pulling the helmet on my head.

"Tell me about it" he grinned and then we headed back to the track.

It wasn't a long ride and soon Mick had stopped the bike on the parking lot. I gave him the helmet and we made our way to the paddock. The action of the day had already calmed down and it was just few people working on some things with one exception in McLaren where the guys were going to have a long night ahead of them as they tried to get Lando's car to the start line tomorrow.

"I'll see you around" Mick said turning to their garage.

"Wait up" I stopped him before he got too far. "Give me your number" I told him giving him my phone.

"Yeah happy to" he smiled. He was probably the sweetest human in the whole world.

"Thanks, I'll talk to you later" I waved the guy and headed back to our hospitality. I realized that I had basically left from work without saying a thing to anyone, well except the Carlos, but I don't know if there was much that he could do.

Walking into my small room I got a big surprised as my papers were in neat pile on the desk with a note. 'You owe me one -N'. A smile crept on my face as I went through the papers, which were all in order and ready for tomorrow. Nick had really done my job for the day while I was busy worrying over some guy. Well not just some guy, a guy I was falling for scary fast. Yes, I admitted it. I was falling for Lando Norris.

I was laying on my bed not really knowing what to do. Cami had gone out with some friends before I had even got back and it was only like half past six. My mind went back to Mick. It had been such a long time and still it seemed like nothing had changed. I mean of course both of us had matured and all that but he was still the same kind and smiling kid he used to be and he had to be given credit for that after all he had been going through. It was our last year together when he had, I think lost is the wrong word, but had had to go through something no one should. He was just 14 or something and still he smiled and showed up.