๐…๐ˆ๐๐€๐‹ ๐…๐‘๐Ž๐๐“๐ˆ๐„๐‘ โžช...

Por hollylucidaxoxo

"Where would you estimate we belong, Miss Mills?" "You, at his side. As if you have always been there and alw... Mรกs

๐ƒ๐„๐’๐‚๐‘๐ˆ๐๐“๐ˆ๐Ž๐ & ๐‚๐€๐’๐“ ๐‹๐ˆ๐’๐“
๐†๐‘๐€๐๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐’
|| ๐‡๐จ๐ฅ๐ข๐๐š๐ฒ ๐’๐ฉ๐ž๐œ๐ข๐š๐ฅ: ๐‚๐ก๐ซ๐ข๐ฌ๐ญ๐ฆ๐š๐ฌ ๐’๐ž๐œ๐ซ๐ž๐ญ๐ฌ ||
|| ๐๐€๐‘๐“ ๐ˆ ||
|| ๐‘๐ฎ๐ฉ๐ž๐ซ๐ญ ||
|| ๐ˆ๐ง๐Ÿ๐ข๐ง๐ข๐ญ๐ž ๐ƒ๐š๐ซ๐ค ||
|| ๐€๐ฅ๐š๐ซ๐ฆ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ƒ๐ž๐ฌ๐ข๐ซ๐ž ||
|| ๐€ ๐‰๐ž๐ค๐ฒ๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐€๐ง๐ ๐‡๐ฒ๐๐ž ๐€๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐š๐ข๐ซ ||
|| ๐€๐ง๐ฒ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐  ๐‹๐ž๐ฌ๐ฌ ๐“๐ก๐š๐ง ๐๐ž๐ซ๐Ÿ๐ž๐œ๐ญ ||
|| ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐‘๐จ๐ฅ๐ž๐ฌ ๐Ž๐Ÿ ๐†๐จ๐จ๐ ๐€๐ง๐ ๐„๐ฏ๐ข๐ฅ ||
|| ๐ˆ๐ง๐๐ž๐ฌ๐œ๐ซ๐ข๐›๐š๐›๐ฅ๐ž ||
|| ๐–๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ˆ ๐€๐ฆ ๐‚๐š๐ฉ๐š๐›๐ฅ๐ž ๐Ž๐Ÿ ||
|| ๐†๐จ๐จ๐๐›๐ฒ๐ž ๐‹๐ž๐ญ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ๐ฌ ||
|| ๐‹๐ž๐š๐ฉ ๐–๐ข๐ญ๐ก๐จ๐ฎ๐ญ ๐‹๐จ๐จ๐ค๐ข๐ง๐  ||
|| ๐–๐š๐ซ๐ฆ ||
|| ๐Œ๐ข๐ซ๐ซ๐จ๐ซ๐ฌ ||
|| ๐€ ๐ƒ๐ซ๐ž๐š๐ฆ ๐‚๐จ๐ฆ๐ž ๐“๐ซ๐ฎ๐ž ||
|| ๐๐€๐‘๐“ ๐ˆ๐ˆ ||
|| ๐’๐ž๐ฆ๐ฉ๐ž๐ซ ๐€๐ ๐Œ๐ž๐ฅ๐ข๐จ๐ซ๐š ||
|| ๐๐ซ๐š๐ž๐ญ๐ž๐ซ๐ข๐ญ๐š ๐Œ๐ฎ๐ญ๐š๐ซ๐ž ๐๐จ๐ง ๐๐จ๐ฌ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ฆ๐ฎ๐ฌ ||
|| ๐๐จ๐œ๐ญ๐ข๐ฏ๐š๐ ๐ฎ๐ฌ ||
|| ๐‡๐ž๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ฎ๐จ ๐‹๐ข๐›๐ซ๐จ๐ซ๐ฎ๐ฆ ||
|| ๐€๐œ๐ญ๐š, ๐๐จ๐ง ๐•๐ž๐ซ๐›๐š ||
|| ๐‚๐จ๐ง๐ญ๐ซ๐ข๐ญ๐ข ๐‚๐จ๐ซ๐๐š ||
|| ๐Œ๐ž๐š ๐‚๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ฉ๐š ||
|| ๐’๐ข ๐•๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ญ๐ฎ๐ฌ ๐๐จ๐ฌ๐ฌ๐ž๐ญ ๐Ž๐œ๐œ๐ข๐๐ž๐ซ๐ž ||
|| ๐’๐ฎ๐› ๐‘๐จ๐ฌ๐š ||
|| ๐Ž๐ฆ๐ง๐ž๐ฌ ๐”๐ง๐š ๐Œ๐จ๐ง๐ž๐ญ ๐๐จ๐ฑ ||
|| ๐‹๐ฎ๐ฉ๐ฎ๐ฌ ๐ˆ๐ง ๐…๐š๐›๐ฎ๐ฅ๐š ||
|| ๐€๐ฌ๐ญ๐ซ๐š ๐ˆ๐ง๐œ๐ฅ๐ข๐ง๐š๐ง๐ญ, ๐’๐ž๐ ๐๐จ๐ง ๐Ž๐›๐ฅ๐ข๐ ๐š๐ง๐ญ ||
|| ๐…๐š๐ฆ๐ข๐ฅ๐ข๐š ๐’๐ฎ๐ฉ๐ซ๐š ๐Ž๐ฆ๐ง๐ข๐š ||
|| ๐“๐ž๐ฆ๐ฉ๐š๐ฌ ๐„๐๐š๐ฑ ๐‘๐ž๐ซ๐ฎ๐ฆ ||
|| ๐ˆ๐ง๐ข๐ฌ ๐•๐ข๐ญ๐š๐ž ๐’๐ž๐ ๐๐จ๐ง ๐€๐ฆ๐จ๐ซ๐ข๐ฌ ||
|| ๐๐จ๐ฌ๐ญ ๐Œ๐จ๐ซ๐ญ๐ž๐ฆ ||
|| ๐’๐š๐ง๐ ๐ฎ๐ข๐ฌ ||
|| ๐…๐ฎ๐ซ๐ข๐š ||
|| ๐‹๐— ||

|| ๐ˆ'๐ฆ ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐‚๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐š๐ข๐ง ||

55 6 0
Por hollylucidaxoxo

Mental Health Officer Log. Stardate: 2260.03.12

At this point, it became obvious that the duplication had changed something within us. Jim was finding it harder and harder to make decisions, almost as if he'd lost his strength of will. And me...I barely had any control over my bloodlust.

☆☆☆

Samsa felt relieved when Jim left and headed to the Bridge. One less heartbeat for her to worry about. Plus, Jim seemed to have the pulse that she was most drawn to. She looked at the abundance of sample crates, her gaze lingering on the one containing Rupert's opposite.

"We'll get this fixed, Lass, don't you worry," Scotty assured.

The Blonde smiled but in reality her mind was racing. She desperately wanted to find her doppelganger and stop her from hurting anyone. At the same time, she wanted to find a solution to get the landing party back on board. There were too many lives at stake.

"Doctor Gillian, would you mind assisting me with these specimen cases?" Spock suddenly asked from the door. "I believe Mister Scott will be able to work on the transporter more effectively if they are out of his way."

"Of course," Samsa said. She pulled herself together and picked up the nearest one. "Where are we taking them?"

"A laboratory on the upper decks will suffice."

It was a welcome distraction for Samsa. They managed to move all of the cases in three trips, and during that time, her hunger didn't spike once. All the collected specimens, including little Rupert, were placed in the Botany Lab on deck three.

Samsa had the privilege of carrying Rupert. She thought it would be cruel to put him back in a crate. When it was time to drop him off, she prolonged letting go and nestled her face in his fur instead. Rupert purred in response, snuggling into the crook of her neck.

"After spending a considerable amount of time among humans, I have become accustomed to their many characteristics or, to be more accurate, been inundated by them..." Spock began, placing his arms behind his back. He raised a quizzical eyebrow. "And one of those characteristics involves being particularly fond of small animals. I've observed that humans often seek comfort from them."

"That's right," Samsa grinned. She continued running a hand through Rupert's fur. "I too have managed to pick up that trait over the years."

"My point is, Doctor Gillian..." The Vulcan trailed off. He seemed somewhat wary to continue. "...I wanted to ask how you are feeling about the current situation."

Samsa was taken aback at first. She knew how difficult it was for Spock to talk about emotions, yet he looked to be genuinely curious about her answer. "Honestly," she began. "I'm feeling a lot of things. I'm worried about Jim. I'm worried about my sister. I'm worried about the rest of the landing party." She paused, taking a moment to find her words. "Most of all...I'm terrified that this duplicate of me is going to hurt people."

Spock narrowed his eyes. "You believe she will be violent even when unprovoked?"

"I...I'm worried that she'll...that she'll feed from someone, or use her compulsion. I'm shocked there hasn't been reports already."

"Fascinating," Spock said, catching her off-guard.

"What is?"

He took a step forward. "In my youth, those around me constantly suggested that the Human side of my nature was the negative one, and the Vulcan was the positive." There was a brief pause. Spock dropped his gaze. "My mother was one of few who never judged them apart from one another. It has taken me a long time to come to terms with who I am."

Samsa smiled sadly with those words. She had seen the conflict behind his eyes before. The constant battle between Human and Vulcan. "Do you still struggle with it from time to time?"

"Indeed." Spock nodded. "But meeting people like Nyota and Jim has helped me recognise the strengths in both sides combined. I believe you and I are somewhat similar in this respect."

The blonde furrowed her eyebrows, prompting him to continue.

"You immediately associate your Sanguine traits with the negative part of your nature."

"Yeah, I...I guess do," Samsa said, quietly. "After spending so much time on Earth, I think I've picked up a lot more than a love for small fluffy things."

Spock's lip quirked up at the corner. "The way I see it, you and your sister are on opposite ends of the spectrum. While Luna relies more on her Sanguine biology, you depend on your human influence. However, it is my belief that the negative sides of our nature are not so much associated with what we are, but more with our past experiences."

"You're right." Samsa looked down as she repeated Spock's words in her head. "Jim, he...he's different. You've noticed it. And me...I...I'm finding it harder to...to control..."

"To control your bloodlust," Spock finished for her.

At first, Samsa was fearful to return his gaze, but when she eventually did, nothing but sincerity and understanding stared back at her. It was enough to bring tears to her eyes. "Yes," she whispered. "I always find it tough to be around people with my cravings but now it...it's almost impossible. Luna was raised on Sanguine in the perfect environment to master control. She adapted well when we came to Earth but for me, growing up surrounded by what we considered prey was so difficult. It's why I've hurt people in the past. Like Mason, and...and Jim."

Spock was momentarily silent after her confession, as if he was figuring out how to respond. "It is not your fault, Doctor," he eventually said, allocating a soft tone. "I hope you know that."

"Thank you," Samsa manged to say.

Whenever she had hurt someone in the past, Luna had always insisted the same thing. That it wasn't her fault and never would be. Samsa wanted to believe those words more than anything. But it was hard.

"The duplicates," she said, hoping to change the topic. "When we find them, maybe we can reason with them. They're still us. They're still the Captain and I."

"Perhaps," Spock said. "Though I believe it is logical to assume they are formulating a plan."

"You're probably right. Why ground all the shuttles? It doesn't make sense..." Samsa widened her eyes and placed Rupert on the floor. She met Spock's gaze and the Vulcan clearly had the same thought.

"To ensure the transporter is the only way off Alfa 177."

A ship-wide announcement from the Bridge suddenly blared through the coms. It was Jim. Soon the duplicates would know they had a whole security team searching for them.

☆☆☆

The darker Samsa relied entirely on the shelves to stay upright as she panted heavily. A breathy laugh left her lips and she raked a hand through her hair, pulling several loose strands away from her face.

Jim rose from his knees in front of her with a beautiful smirk. He pulled the skirt of her uniform back into place and pressed a light kiss to her lips. "I could spend all day in this closet with you," he whispered, cupping her face in his hands. "But like you said, we've got work to do."

"Hang on." Samsa frowned. "We're not done just yet." She trailed her hands down his shirt and started unbuckling his belt.

"No." Jim caught her wrists, stopping her movement. "I wanted this to be about you, Dollface."

The intensity and adoration in his gaze made her heart contract. She went on her tiptoes and kissed him deeply. Surely they could spend a little longer in the closet...

"Attention crew of the Enterprise, this is your Captain speaking."

The pair broke apart with the sudden announcement from the Bridge.

"There are imposters aboard the ship. Duplicates of myself and Doctor Gillian. People who look exactly like us and are pretending to be us. They are both dangerous and utmost caution is to be observed. All crew members are to arm themselves with phasers set for stunning force and locked. Section Chiefs, assign personnel to the search. All search parties, report to Mister Spock for assignment. Kirk out."

Silence engulfed the space between them. Samsa looked up at Jim to see the love in his eyes had been replaced by a burning fury. She felt the same anger tugging at her chest.

"They talk about us as if we're separate beings," he growled. "But we're part of them. We are them. I'm the Captain."

Samsa shook her head, desperately thinking of a new plan. "If they capture us, they'll just keep us sedated until they figure out a way to fix the transporter."

Jim furrowed his brow in confusion. "Are you saying we should hide?"

Samsa bit her lip. "Got any ideas where?"

"Engineering is our best bet, but we can't just wait and do nothing while they search for us."

"What choice do we have?"

At first, Jim looked defeated...but then that dangerous smirk crept back onto his face. "We take the ship."

Samsa raised a sceptical eyebrow. "The two of us?"

"Well," Jim began. He bent down and caught her earlobe between his teeth, making her gasp in pleasure. "I'm already the Captain, Dollface, and you are Doctor Gillian. We just have to deal with our other halves."

☆☆☆

"Hendorff, what don't I know?!" Luna shook her head in disbelief, repeating the question after getting no response. The man opposite refused to meet her gaze. It only fuelled the rage that pricked at her nerves. She took a step towards him, gritting her teeth. "Tell me!"

Hendorff held his arms out, gingerly. "Before I tell you, you should know it's just a precaution!"

"Get on with it!"

"If you go outside the range of the proximity limit, an alarm will sound and you'll be immobilised!"

Immobilised. Luna was struggling to process this. The alarm, she understood. But the immobilisation...that word brought back horrific memories.

"How?" She demanded.

"Your anklet releases a frequency. One only Sanguines can pick up. On the Enterprise, it'll go off if you venture into places you're not supposed to be. Then, on landing parties, I think it's set to thirty metres."

Luna tensed when she heard Hendorff's explanation. There was only one place Starfleet could have procured such knowledge of frequencies capable of harming a Sanguine. She gripped her forearm and took a deep shuddering breath of the freezing air.

"Luna, I...I thought you knew-"

"Well, I didn't! Got anything else you want to tell me, Officer? Or should I wait for an audience with the Captain?! Have Starfleet considered using other parts of Jared's research to advance their technology?" She spat, sarcastically. "How about the data he got when he cut into my sister's ribcage with a fucking power drill!"

Hendorff flinched with her raised voice, taking a step back as she recovered from the outburst. His heart rate had spiked significantly. Luna heard it. Fear. He looked scared. Terrified even. She could see his hand hovering by the phaser on his belt.

Her emotions dipped and surged, morphing from anger to regret in a flash. She took several deep breaths and adopted the softest tone she could through the howling winds. "I'm sorry. You're not to blame for this. You're just doing your job." Luna took a wary step towards him. "I'm not going to hurt you, Hendorff."

"I know." His hand fell away from his phaser. "I know. You're just angry, and rightly so."

Luna could still hear his heart pounding. She dropped her gaze and looked at the security band locked around her ankle. "Let's just get back to the others," she said, forcing a smile. "I'll try and trail the least amount of blood possible."

☆☆☆

As Samsa and Spock headed towards the upper decks, she found it a little easier to breathe, despite receiving lingering glances from passing crew. The Captain's announcement was bound to set everyone on edge but it was necessary to ensure no casualties ensued.

They found Jim in one of the briefing rooms not far from the Bridge. He leant against the end of the table, facing the large window at the far end of the room. Beyond the glass, the sight was magnificent. Alfa 177 lay before them, cradled by a cluster of accompanying moons.

"Captain," Spock said once the doors shut behind them.

Jim flinched and stalled for a moment, rubbing his face. "Mister Spock."

When he turned, Samsa noticed the puffy, reddened eyes straight away. Her stomach lurched but she didn't say anything. She was forced to hold herself back from running over and pulling him close.

"Doctor Gillian and I have surmised the duplicates are plotting together."

Jim went to reply when there was an incoming call on his communicator. "It's the landing party," he announced, flipping the device open. "How's it going down there, Mister Sulu?"

"It's already twelve degrees below zero and dropping, Captain. Can't exactly call it balmy." Hikaru's voice was accompanied by a hissing interference from the stormy winds. "Officer Hendorff and Miss Gillian recently returned from scouting for dry materials and we've managed to get a fire going."

"That's excellent, Mister Sulu." Jim smiled, but the expression dimmed mere seconds later. He closed his communicator and looked towards Spock. "Isn't there any way we can help them more?"

"Mister Scott informed me that thermal heaters were sent down," the Vulcan supplied. "They duplicated and won't operate."

"So, the duplication occurs both ways." Samsa sighed.

Spock went to respond, when his communicator chirped. "Spock here."

"Doctor McCoy speaking. Since the Captain's announcement, I've had Doctor Marcus in Medbay claiming she had an encounter with one of the imposters."

"What is the nature of this encounter?" Spock asked.

Samsa balled her hands into fists, piercing her palms with her nails. She focussed on the stinging sensation, trying to dull the panicked anticipation that tightened her chest.

There was a pause before Leonard answered the question. "She believes Doctor Gillian's duplicate spoke to her, called her by name and...used compulsion."

"Acknowledged," Spock said. "Ensure the search is continued."

"Sure thing."

"We've got to find her before she..." Samsa couldn't bring herself to say the words. A coppery scent reached her nostrils. Her own blood. She uncurled her shaking fists to glance at the damage her nails had done.

Someone approached her side. Jim. She recognised the sensation of having him close. Samsa met his eyes and wished she could freeze time. She felt safest when looking into those deep azure wonders.

"I have a theory," Spock stated, catching their attention. "These doubles, however different in temperaments, have your knowledge of the ship, its crew, its devices. This being the case, perhaps we can outguess them by determining their next move. Captain, knowing how the ship is laid out, where would you go to elude a mass search?"

Jim frowned, considering the question carefully. "The lower levels. Probably Engineering."

"They could be hiding there," Samsa realised. "We can find them and reason with them, convince them to cooperate with us."

Both she and Spock looked towards their Captain for the final verdict.

Jim nodded and took a deep breath retrieving a phaser from the table. "Let's go get them."

Hey readers, so sorry for the large gap in updates! I've been so busy with uni but I'll hopefully be able to focus more on writing soon! Hope you enjoyed this part, and I would love to hear your thoughts! Much love to you all! ❤

Seguir leyendo

Tambiรฉn te gustarรกn

1.4K 75 9
- MIDNIGHT RAIN - "I'll always love him, no matter what he decides to do." In which a powerful fairy discovers many secrets of Alfea and can't help...
56.9K 987 28
Robert "Bob" Floyd x Fem!OC "I vowed to always be there through thick and thin. I'm not about to abandon you now." "Even my stupid decisions? You'd s...
19.1K 208 3
๐“๐ก๐ž๐ฒ ๐ฌ๐š๐ฒ ๐ก๐จ๐ฆ๐ž ๐ข๐ฌ ๐ฐ๐ก๐ž๐ซ๐ž ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ก๐ž๐š๐ซ๐ญ ๐ข๐ฌ ๐๐ฎ๐ญ ๐†๐จ๐, ๐ˆ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐„๐ง๐ ๐ฅ๐ข๐ฌ๐ก female oc ๐’™ bill weasley ยฉ angelwl...
20.1K 292 16
Since she was young, Mollie May was always taught to think for herself and to fight for herself. Now that she's older, the same rules apply. After mo...