|| 𝐇𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐒𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐥: 𝐂𝐡𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐦𝐚𝐬 𝐒𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐬 ||

This special one-shot takes place during the Christmas just before the five-year mission (December 2259) I hope you all enjoy it and I'll be going back to The Luna Paradox storyline very soon! Happy holidays everyone! 💝

Winter had always been Samsa's favourite time of year. The shorter days, the cosier nights, hot cocoa around the fire...but most of all, she adored the holiday season. Specifically, Christmas. For her, it was a time to be thankful for all the amazing people she had in her life.

That was part of the reason Samsa wanted to host a get-together on Christmas day. It was her last opportunity for a while since they were all setting off on the five-year mission in January. A fair few people were visiting family for the holidays, but she managed to finalise the guest list by the first week of December.

Jim, Spock, Nyota, Leonard, and Keenser would be coming. Mason had also decided to stay at the apartment for Christmas and Luna would be there too. As soon as the numbers were confirmed, Samsa couldn't resist organising a Secret Santa. A staff party gave her the chance to dish most of the names out. The last one remained in the box until she and Mason got home later in the evening.

Luna was still up when they arrived, sipping a large glass of red wine as she danced around the living area to a film on the T.V. She had a blanket draped around her shoulders like a shawl that billowed out when she spun to face them.

Samsa chuckled at the sight, glad to see her sister having fun and not drinking as heavily as she usually did. Only one empty wine bottle sat atop the coffee table. It was times like this when she could gradually see Luna's light returning.

Mason chuckled and hung his coat by the door. "You're watching Mamma Mia again?"

"I needed another dance with Tanya and Rosie." Luna paused the film just as Money, Money, Money came to an end and glided over. "How was the party?"

"It was great." Samsa rooted in her bag for the Secret Santa box and thrust it in Luna's direction.

She furrowed her eyebrows in response. "What?"

"You've got the last pick for Secret Santa."

"Oh. I...I didn't think that I-"

"I wasn't going to leave you out, Lu." She smiled as Luna plucked the final name from the box. "Are you still okay with having people over for Christmas?"

"Of course!" She didn't look at the paper, shoving it straight into her pocket instead. "Even if I wasn't, I can't really escape."

Samsa couldn't stop her gaze from falling on the security band secured around the brunette's ankle. House arrest had been far from easy, but every day brought her closer to release - closer to her behavioural modification on the Enterprise.

The blonde yawned and started making her way toward the bedrooms. Mason, however, flopped down on the sofa, burying himself amongst the mountain of cushions.

"Mind if I join you, Luna?" He asked.

"Only if you get up and dance with me when the songs come on, True."

Mason grinned. "I'll try my best."

"What about you, Sams?"

Samsa turned at her sister's offer and smiled. "I would but I can hear my bed calling my name. You two have fun."

When she was all settled in bed with her fluffy pyjamas on, Samsa shut her eyes and started to think about more ideas for Christmas day. She wanted, no needed all the food and arrangements to be perfect.

☆♡☆

After lots more wine and even more dancing, Luna bid Mason goodnight and headed to the spare room down the corridor. She had gradually made it her own over the past few months, with her unfinished tapestry hung up on the wall above the bed.