The End of Summer

By _Iristpwk

"I'm still living for you, love." 89 unforgettable summer nights 2 years later Different soul same comfort... More

- Note
- One
- Two
- Three
- Four
- Five
- Six
- Seven
- Eight
- Nine
- Ten
- Eleven
- Tweleve
- Thirteen
- Fourteen
- Fifteen
- Sixteen
- Seventeen
- Eighteen
- Nineteen
- Twenty
- Twenty One
- Twenty two
- Twenty Three
- Twenty Four
- Twenty Five
- Twenty Six
- Twenty Seven
- Twenty Eight
- Twenty Nine
- Thirty
- Thirty One
- Thirty Three

- Thirty Two

101 2 2
By _Iristpwk

Adisyn Kay Wise

I finish taking a sip of the champagne and start walking over to Angel.

She's leaning by the bar drinking the champagne and smiling "Hey," I whisper and take off my coat to lay it on the chair.

I sit down and she turns to me "How's Miss Kay doing?"

I smile at her "I'm doing pretty well,"

Fuck.

I'm too tempted to not dare to ask "Where's Reed?"

Her brows furrow "Why?" I shake my head and she realizes what I'm trying to say without having to say it "I don't know where he is do want me to ask Ana for you?" I nod and she goes on her phone to text Ana.

A couple minutes later Ana responds and Angel looks at me "He. . . came?" I look at her immediately after "But he left? Ana said he left alongside Tate and Theo,"

I sigh and nod "I would be lying if I said I didn't expect it."

She pouts and holds her breath for a second "Do you like him?"

I look at her and shake my head "It's so hard to become friends with someone and start caring about them equally as much as you care about friends you've known for years."

She nods "I know, love, I know." She takes a sip of her wine "Do you care about him as much as you cared for Reece?"

I look at her for a bit too long because I'm trying to think "Sorry I shouldn't have asked that—"

"No, I don't."

I shake my head "Reece was. . ." I laugh a little "That guy flipped my world upside down in the best way possible."

I smile as I think about him "No one will ever compare to what Reece was for me." She smiles "No person that I may ever be with will be like Reece because there is just one Reece in this world. So even if Reed brings me memories of Reece. . . He will never even be a factor of what Reece was to me."

She smiles and grabs my hand "I'm so proud of you Adisyn." I smile at her "You're growing into this amazing human being, I'm so proud."

I smile "Thank you,"

•••

This stupid necklace keeps bothering me it feels like it's suffocating me? I wouldn't be wearing it if it wasn't because Ana mentioned how the classier I look the more I'll fit in and apparently that's more important to these people than my actual designs!

Which still if you were to ask me I believe most of these events are filled with fake people and fake emotions... and money. Which is primarily why I'm here because It's a need and I need to get somewhere in life.

Especially right now that I have Amelia coming over with my brother who I really don't want to disappoint. I know my dad will ask Amelia how I'm doing and I know Amelia is going to tell him and I know my dad is going to be disappointed.

I flash a smile at some people as I walk to the restrooms because I really need a break and I know that I definitely need to retouch how I look because I probably look exhausted!

My phone starts ringing and I stare at it for a couple seconds, the number says unknown but I'm pretty sure this is theos phone number and I probably just forgot to save it again.

"Good evening, my love."

My brows furrow "I'm sorry who is this?"

I hear them chuckle "Looks like you really have been trying hard to forget about me?" What. "It's Reed, darling."

I look at the phone number and it's not his "Who's phone are you calling with?"

He takes a deep breath "I'm calling with Theo's phone number."

"Where are you?"

"At the same bar from always,"

I look at the time "Are Tate and Theo with you?"

I can hear him yawn "Nope Tate went to fuck a girl and I think Theo is with Jason getting drunk."

I look at the time again as if it were to give me some sort of answer "Alright stay where you're at I'm going to get you"

•••

I put on my coat and walk into the bar.

There's people making out and laughing and singing and there's people smiling and dancing. It's completely crowded I wonder where he was. And where he is at right now.

I flash my card to the security guard and start walking upstairs.

God so many fucking memories.

I look over to the couch and I notice he's sitting down with a deadly stare looking at everyone with a cup of whiskey. He takes a sip of the whiskey and laughs by himself?

Please tell me he didn't consume anything he shouldn't have.

I for some reason cannot seem to bring myself to walk up to him? It scares me to know he's not okay but it also scares me to know how or what he will do or say when he sees me.

I kissed that guy.

I kissed him and I enjoyed every second of it and he shut me down. He shut me down and now I have no main idea how I'm supposed to talk to him. I have absolutely no main idea how to look at him in the face. Nor how I should even talk to him because all I can think of is that stupid kiss.

All I can think of is Reed fucking Auclair.

I gulp and with my purse hanging from my shoulder I start walking up to him.

"Hey," I whisper and he hears me over the loud music playing.

His head quickly turns to me and even tho he's sitting down he's just a couple inches away from my face? "You came.." I'm noticing through the red, blue, and green lights flashing that he wants to smile.

"Why would I lie?"

He scoffs and removes his coat from the couch "Well I mean the fact I've been a total asshole to you says a lot."

I gulp "Glad you said that yourself,"

He smiles as I sit down "You're still blunt?"

I smile "When did that ever change?" For some reason talking to him right now is a lot more calming than I though.

Even though it has just been two weeks it feels like it has been two years?

"You left the dinner,"

He looks over to me and nods "Hope you're not pissed about that,"

I shake my head "Why would I? I would've probably done the same."

"I just couldn't bare to look at you?" I look over to him "I couldn't bare to look at you smiling and not being able to go up to you and hug you and congratulate you and just. . . Tell everyone I worked with Adisyn Kay Wise."

I gulp "I could barely even look at you without wanting to slap you by hug you and cry and scream and. . . So many things that you make me feel like heaven and hell at the same time."

He looks at me and smiles so brightly? His smile could shine the entire room just how the sun— No. not like the sun.

Like the moon.

He's all dark and gloomy and he's like the night sky? Yet his smile is like the moon. It shines above everything else and sometimes it a little shine and other times it a big shine?

He takes a sip of the whiskey and breathes a laugh, I look at him "You're still so poetical," I nod and laugh just a little.

"I am so fucking proud of you, Ads."

I smile at him and I lean on the couch looking at him, admiring him "Thank you, Reed."

He's still smiling "I love hearing you say my name,"

I breath a laugh "Don't get cheesy on me again. . ." His brows furrow "I do also love saying your name."

"Do you want anything to drink?"

I look at him with a confused look "Reed, I came to pick you up not get drunk with you."

He frowns "But getting drunk is so much better?"

I roll my eyes "Tomorrow it won't, now come on we need to get you home."

"No."

I look back at him "What do you mean no?"

"No."

I grab his arm and start trying to pull him "Stop acting like a toddler or I'm going to tell security to pull you out." I try to sound as threatening as possible.

He simply rolls his eyes "Ads they won't listen to you,"

"They will."

He rolls his eyes again "Ads, I am a fucking billionaire. Everyone listens to me,"

"Well i'm hot, they'll listen to me."

He smirks "Yes you're very hot but if they even dare to look your direction I'll fuck up their face 10x worse than that idiot from the club." He rolls his eyes at his thought.

I sigh "Come on Reed, it's 12 and I'm exhausted."

"Fine," I finally sigh in pleasure "But." Of course there's a but.

"I want you to kiss me," He's smiling again.

I look at him "Not here,"

He smiles even more "So what about when we get to my apartment?" His smile is more of a smirk.

I want to say no I really do but I would be lying if I said I didn't want a kiss from him "I don't know,"

"Do you want to kiss me?"

"I don't know,"

He looks intrigued "Would you kiss me?"

"Not right now Reed come on,"

He rolls his eyes "What do you mean, amor?"

"Reed, you're drunk. Don't say something you'll regret."

He rolls his eyes "How do you know I'll regret this?"

"Because I know you will, come on."

"Just one kiss."

I shake my head "Not here," I don't want drunk Reed to kiss me. I don't want him to kiss me while he's drunk especially not at a bar.

"You're so beautiful."

"Thank you now let's go."

He rolls his eyes "Only because you're beautiful,"

•••

I finally stop at the parking spot and look out the window and lean back at my seat.

I take a deep breath and lean my head on the window feeling the cool hit the side of my forehead.

I yawn and continue to stare outside watching the stars align perfectly with each other. It's a clear sky. A perfectly clear sky. A perfectly visible moon.

What the fuck is going on

I look over to Reed and watch how he's perfectly seated leaning his head on the window. How the moonlight reflects on his face. How his eyelashes are long and they form a little tiny loop. His pinky lips and his eyes sealed shut.

I sigh and touch his shoulder and whisper his name a little louder each time. "Reed come on,"

He groans and moves around "Wait, Addi." Addi. Addi.

I gulp "Reed come on, let's get you to bed."

"I'm tired."

I yawn "I know that's why you need to go to bed,"

He turns over to me and sighs "I hate not being able to reach the unreachable. . ." It's slowly feeling like the unreachable is me.

I'm his unreachable.

I gulp "We can talk when you're sober, we can talk about whatever you want when you're sober."

I walk out of the car and go to his side to open his door.

I very carefully help him up and take him inside where I'm asked if I need help but I shake my head and walk ov eat to the elevators.

I press the button two times and wait for it to lower.

My arm is resting around his waist and his arm is holding onto mine.

"You look really pretty with lace," He starts noticing my dress.

He notices the small little spaghetti strap and plays around with it a little "Though it would be better if you didn't have Andrews fucking coat on you tonight,"

I look at him "What do you mean?"

He scoffs "You know I hate you but I still look out for you?" He rolls his eyes when he sees me tilt my head "I saw the way he looked at you all night and gave you his stupid coat."

"Are you jealous?"

He looks at me in disgust "I don't get jealous Adisyn."

"Good because you shouldn't," He breathes a laugh and I can tell it isn't a very pleasant laugh.

I walk us up inside the elevator and press the floor number "Why?"

"Because if by anything you should be getting jealous over Olivia and Sebastian."

He scoffs "Why would I?"

I lean behind "You fuck with her a lot?"

He shrugs "And? I fuck a lot of people Adisyn and I kiss a lot of people but it takes a lot to make me jealous and I don't get jealous over those two fuckers."

"Be brutally honest with me Reed, if I hadn't came for you would you have fucked someone?"

He looks straight in front "Yes, I most likely would have." I scoff and nod and he immediately looks back at me "Why did you scoff?"

"No reason,"

He rolls his eyes and presses the stop button on the elevator "Does that bother you?"

I shake my head "No it doesn't bother me because it takes a lot for a guy to fuck someone and for it to bother me."

His jaw is still clenched "You surprise me every damn day,"

"To be fair, I was planning on sleeping with Andrew on the dinner—" I didn't even have to finish the sentence for him to look directly at me.

He looks shocked "Alright." He interrupts and clicks on the button that resumes the elevator and right away we're at the top floor.

We walk over to his door and before I could reach into his pocket he takes out the keys and gives them to me.

I take him upstairs "Do you want to go to the bathroom?" I ask him the second we reach the top of the stairs.

"I can take myself there,"

"Do you want water—"

"Thanks for the ride, make sure to lock the door on your way out." When he finishes he shuts the door close so loudly it makes a loud bang.

What the fuck?

He must be out of his mind if he thinks I'm leaving him alone.

I walk down the stairs and reach the kitchen.

I grab a glass of water and take it up to him, I knock on the door before I walk in.

"I'm not leaving you alone, Reed." I say before he could say anything else. "Here drink some water," I level the cup to his lips and takes sips of it.

I walk up to his right side and sit down yawning.

"Go home, you're tired."

"I'm not leaving you."

He rolls his eyes "Stop treating me like I'm a baby I can take care of myself."

"I know you can but I'm here Reed and I'm not leaving until you're fully sober."

He rolls his eyes and looks the other way "Can you stop being so childish and tell me what's wrong?"

He looks at me in disbelief again "Can't believe you're still asking that."

I shrug "Well I just want to know,"

"There's a hundred things that are wrong Adisyn and you can't solve them."

"But I can try?"

He shakes his head "I don't need your help."

"But I want to help," he looks at me "So I am asking you nicely to tell me a few things."

"I hate you."

I look his way "Because of Andrew?"

He shakes his head "Yes and no; I hate you because I worry about you."

"You shut me down Reed,"

He nods "I know I did, I hate myself for that and those aren't even my problems but they're things you should know. And I think you should know how much I hate you."

I nod "Andrew asked me out for breakfast,"

"What did you say?"

"I said I couldn't go because I already had plans,"

"With?"

"It was the day we kissed," He gulps "I kinda wish I had said yes to him rather than you."

"I wish I had slept with Olivia instead of ever even talking to you."

I nod "Glad we agree."

"You drive me to insanity, Adisyn." I look over to him "It's not a good thing because I worry and think and hope you're alright so it's not a good thing."

"For the past 2 weeks all I wanted to do was talk to you and know you were alright and I wanted to hug you and — Reed you hurt me."

He gulps "I know and I'm sorry.."

"Was it your intention to hurt me? Did you want to hurt me?"

He looks at me and his brows furrow "Do you think that low of me, Adisyn?"

He shakes his head and scoffs "I never will willingly want to hurt you, I want to do the opposite."

"So why did you?"

He sighs "I kissed you Adisyn and I didn't regret it."

He's sitting up looking so tired "I told you you and I couldn't be a thing because — Well to start off, I don't do relationships. Second of all, I would only hurt you. And lastly, I'm not good for you and I don't want anything bad for us because I care for you and I don't want you to be my next Olivia nor anything."

"So you told me all that so I would get away from you?"

He nods "Exactly."

I nod "So you would rather us not be a thing nor have any connection because you don't want to ruin us?"

He nods again "I don't want us to have any sort of connection and I don't want to like you but fuck Adisyn." I look at him "Seeing you with anyone else makes me want to kill them, it drives me to insanity to know you were about to fuck Andrew! Drives me insane to see you with his coat on and flirting with him. Makes me hate him even more."

I shake my head "So what are we?"

"I don't know but I don't want to see you with Andrew."

I nod but then remember he's drunk "No."

"What do you mean no? Adisyn I don't want you to be with Andrew."

"You're drunk we can talk when you're sober."

He groans "Fine but I want you."

I look at him "What?"

"I want you but I don't want us to go the wrong way,"

"Alright..."

He lays down and lays his head on my thighs "Let's talk about something else yeah?" I hum in response.

He breathes a laugh "I wonder how people have sex in the beach," I look down at him "Like how do they have sex? Like the sand is there so like how do they do all that?"

I laugh at him "You think I've had sex in the beach before?"

He laughs "Well I don't know? I mean you said you had a summer romance?"

I laugh "Well yes but we weren't book type of thing, we had sex but not at the beach." I smile thinking about Reece "He was a gentleman, directly out of a book."

"Really?"

I nod "He was kind and sweet and funny and loving and... he was a great guy."

I notice he smiles "You're a great person you deserve a great person."

I smile at him "Thank you Reed."

I sigh "I don't think you yourself realize that you're an incredible person as well." He looks at me "I'm being honest. You are incredibly amazing you just need to realize it but you are truly incredible."

He smiles "I can't tell if you're lying or not?"

"I'm not because I could never lie about this. You just need to realize how incredible you are." I smile at him "When you stop doubting what I say we can talk about things."

"Like what?"

Like what we're going to do. Like what is going to happen in between you and I. In how you and I need to get the hang of things.

"Just a bunch of stuff, alright?"

He nods "Alright."

"Let's go to bed?"

"Are you staying with me?" He asks in such a confused voice.

"Do you want me to stay with you?"

He smirks "I would love that."

I smile "Then I'll stay,"

I help him sit up and I stand up and help him stand up.

We start walking over to his room and I take him to his bed. I very gently sit him down and go into his closet to get some clothes for him.

I yawn as I come back "Are you tired?"

I nod "A little."

"You should really get some rest you know? We have our second show in two days,"

I breathe a laugh "You know Reed, it's very ironic you're saying that yet you got drunk?"

He scratches his head "Yes but that's different,"

I shake my head "Actually, that's worse." He furrows his brows "You're my representer Reed, I don't want my representer to be exhausted." He smiles at that one sentence.

I walk up to him and lean down, I look up at him for permission to unbutton his shirt and he nods. I unbutton the buttons and take it off him.

I lean down to the bed to pick up the sweater and I notice how he has a scar on his stomach? "What's this from?" I ask him as I slowly glide my finger across.

He looks down at it "A year ago, motorcycle accident."

My brows rise "Oh wow, did it hurt?"

He breathes a laugh "Ehh I guess the adrenaline kinda took over so not that much."

I notice he has a tattoo on the top of his chest, it's a camera "I've never seen that tattoo?" He looks at me "Why a camera?"

"Remember that friend I told you about? The one who passed away?" I nod "Yeah well he really liked photography and you know. . . Got it in his memory."

I smile at him "That's sweet,"

I gulp remembering the tattoo I have on my wrist, I show him my wrist where the little sea wave is placed at "Remember that guy I told you about? Reece?"

He nods "He didn't die, well at least not that I know of but he loved the ocean and it always reminds me of him."

He nods and moves on "I also got this tattoo," He shows me his wrist where there's a smily face "It's nice to see a smile once in a while." I smile at him "Your smile is a smile I could see all day."

"You're so drunk," I breathe a laugh.

He shakes my head "Don't use the 'you're drunk' phrase right now because I mean it."

I roll my eyes jokingly "Then tell me these things when you're sober and I'll believe you more."

"I will and I'll tell you a million things I wanna tell you."

I nod "Alright, change your pants." I lay the pair of sweats I picked out for him besides him.

I turn around so I facing the door and I hear him stand up and ruffle the pants off him. He yawns and leans down to get the sweats and yawns again? He sounds so tired.

I sigh "Are you almost—"

I gasp when I feel a pair of cold hands wrap around my waist, I can feel his rings leaving behind a cold trail as he moves his hands.

I gulp feeling him so close to me.

His face is so near my neck, he's like smushing his face near my neck? I can feel his hot breath against my neck and his lips trailing across my neck.

Fuck.

I lick my lips feeling him trailing down to my shoulder. When he reaches my shoulder his hands pull me closer to him. His lips pat my shoulder with tiny kisses, it's like he knows what makes me want to melt? It's as if he knows he's doing so many things to me all at once.

With all the little kisses he's leaving around it's making me move my neck around. He's giving me so many butterflies and fuck all that serotonin.

The serotonin he's setting off is completely shaking me.

He breathes harder when he's slowly giving open mouthed kisses, I'm sure even he's shocked of what's happening.

I gulp once again and I feel him lick his lips before breathing heavily again "You have no fucking idea how much I've been dying to kiss you." His kisses are becoming open mouthed as he reaches my neck.

"I want us to work out Adisyn.." He mumbles in between the kiss, I gulp trying to ignore every word he's saying and trying to keep reminding myself he's drunk.

My neck bends down to near his shoulder as he's reaching my neck. His hands turn me around so that now I'm facing him, he's looking down at me and the little light in the room is lighting up a stripe of his face.

We lick our lips at the same time and all I can watch is his lips "Reed—" I can't even finish saying Reed because he smushes his lips into mine.

His hands are firmly wrapped around my waist and mine travel to his neck as he starts kissing me more open mouthed.

His kiss is once again far from the perfect kiss. It feels so needed.

Fuck.

I would be lying if I said I'm not melting.

He starts to take over the kiss and pushes me against the wall which makes a frame shake a little.

Our lips moving fighting for dominance as his hands travel around my body and mine remain on neck. One of my hands slowly ravels to the back of his head, I hold onto his hair and push him against me.

"I want you." I want you too Reed but even you said it, we're not good for each other.

"Adisyn," He moans when he feels I'm pulling his hair and going down to his neck.

"Reed we can't," I finally whisper breathing heavily. My breath is uneven.

He separates the kiss with a sound at the end "We both want it, right?" He asks as his forehead is inches away from mine.

I want to lie but I simply can't because I do want to kiss him but I want it to be sober him not drunk him.

I want sober Reed to be telling me the things drunk Reed is telling me instead of being an idiot and an asshole!

I spent the one night of my life where it's supposed to be the most passionate and special one watching Reed flirt with girls and avoid me. All I could think of was Reed Liam auclair and his stupid little smile and his stupid perfect hair.

"I'm asking you, Adisyn. We both want this right?"

I gulp "Yes," He nods and begins to kiss me again "Reed but we can't."

"And it's so much harder to avoid you when all I can fucking think about is your lips, you're seriously killing me Wise."

"Now you know how I felt."

He licks his lips and starts kissing me again but this time I don't say a word and I don't think about nothing.

I avoid any thought because at this moment all that matters is Reed and I.

All that matters is him and I.

And for those 4 almost perfect minutes pass by, it suddenly hits me; He's drunk.

I roll my eyes and stop the kiss for a second to catch my breath. He's staring at me with his hands still wrapped around my arms "You're so perfect," He says in the middle of the kiss.

"Reed you're drunk and I drank and it's not correct,"

"Addi,"

"Don't Addi me," I whisper.

He's kissing my collarbone now "You know when I said once you're sober we can talk about whatever we want?"

He hums "Well once you're sober you can kiss me whenever you want, just not right now."

He stops the kiss with a little sound "Well I was sober for two— well not two weeks completely but you know what I mean; I wasn't drunk yet we didn't kiss." I gulp "Just that one fucking time and I haven't been able to stop thinking about it."

He's making me blush so hard "You need to understand,"

"Then you understand too Adisyn. I want you. Stay with me."

"I'm not going anywhere alright? And I promise, when you're sober you can kiss me but as long as you're drunk you can't."

He sighs "I'm only agreeing because I don't want this for us." What does he even mean every time he says that?

He moves away so I can move from his arms and I walk over to the bed to unfold it. He's standing there not taking his eyes off me and only deep staring me. . . "You know, if you're gonna keep looking at me like that I may think you like me."

He breathes a laugh "Then that would make you really blind to barely notice." He's smiling.

Wait what?

Is he being for real or just kidding with me again?

I look at him and smile lowly "Come on, let's go to bed."

He yawns and slowly walks and yet I rush up to him to help him "If I can perfectly kiss you and have you melting then I can walk by my own,"

Oh shit.

He noticed didnt he?

Of course he noticed I was completely falling for him! He had me in his hands so perfectly.

He lays himself in bed and I walk to the other side and lay down yawning.

We sit in pure silence and it doesn't take long for him to find my hand, he's reaching out for the unreachable again.

He's reaching out for me and he's getting to me.

I'm a couple minutes away from falling asleep when I feel him turn to my side still holding onto my hand.

Oh Reed.

What you're doing to me is far from okay.

It's killing me and it's giving me all these emotions that I shouldn't be feeling.

Authors Note -

More love content before we turn back to "I hate you" and breakups

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

497 15 9
❝I'll love her till my dying end❞ {Will the lives of two girls-one who loves summer and the other who resents it-change for the better or for the wor...
126 1 31
I can remember the fear of the tree falling in front of my car, after it was struck by lightning. I can remember how it felt, cold rain on a summer a...
1.3K 103 165
I make my own poems for fun
4.6K 887 110
All the thoughts in my head that just won't go away. Maybe this will make you stay. ~~~~~ #77 in poetry [9. 27.17] #90 in poetry [8. 16. 17] #136 in...