UNEXPECTEDLY YOURS (Asymptote...

By LordOfTragedy

Asymptotes series #1 A story of a two souls longing for each other, two souls that is ready to do everything... More

PROLOGUE
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN - EXTRA
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR
CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE
CHAPTER TWENTY SIX
CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN
CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT
CHAPTER TWENTY NINE
CHAPTER THIRTY
CHAPTER THIRTY ONE
CHAPTER THIRTY TWO
CHAPTER THIRTY THREE
CHAPTER THIRTY FOUR
CHAPTER THIRTY FIVE
CHAPTER THIRTY SIX
CHAPTER THIRTY SEVEN
CHAPTER THIRTY EIGHT
CHAPTER THIRTY NINE
CHAPTER FORTY
CHAPTER FORTY TWO
CHAPTER FORTY THREE
CHAPTER FORTY FOUR
CHAPTER FORTY FIVE
CHAPTER FORTY SIX
CHAPTER FORTY SEVEN
‼️ NOTICE ‼️
CHAPTER FORTY EIGHT
CHAPTER FORTY NINE
CHAPTER FIFTY
CHAPTER FIFTY ONE
CHAPTER FIFTY TWO
CHAPTER FIFTY THREE
CHAPTER FIFTY FOUR
CHAPTER FIFTY FIVE
CHAPTER FIFTY SIX
THE END
EPILOGUE
ෆ GOOD BYE ෆ

CHAPTER FORTY ONE

5.4K 162 307
By LordOfTragedy

« DIE »

OMNISCIENT

“I supposed, we could do that.” Chaeyoung responded to one of her warrior's offered to make a few more weapons.

“Chaeyoung-ah!” A loud voice shouted, the small girl quickly excused herself and faced the girl who called her.

Mina was running towards her while holding Luna who was sucking on her thumb, “Luna said her first word!” She happily announced which made Chaeyoung smiled and ruffle her daughter's hair.

“Come on, baby. Say it to Dada.” Mina said as Chaeyoung took Luna from the latter. The small girl was excited to hear her first word and patiently waiting for her daughter to speak.

Luna reach for her hair and pulled it, “Dada, idiot.” Chaeyoung's smile faded after hearing that.

“You gotta be kidding me.” Chaeyoung said as she lifted Luna up, “Do you think, she'll die if I threw her away?” She asked her wife while Luna climbed down to her shoulder.

“Dada, idiot!” Luna said again before laying down in her stomach when she climbed up to Chaeyoung's head and drooling on her mother's hair.

“I hate this kid.” Chaeyoung muttered as Luna was pulling her hair.

________________________________

Chaeyoung was writing something on a piece of parchment when Mina came into their room with a tea while Luna was peacefully sleeping in their bed. She gently placed the cup on the table and kissed Chaeyoung's cheeks.

“I love you,” She whispered to the latter and went to the bed when she heard Luna grunting in her sleep.

Mina laid down close to her daughter and gently pat her back while humming to a song that her mother sang to her when she was still a baby.

Chaeyoung heard her humming and smiled, she grabbed a small piece of parchment and grabbed a pencil before she started drawing her wife and her daughter, shading the important parts with care.

Soon after, Mina fell asleep with Luna but still patting her back without her knowing. Chaeyoung finished her drawing after a few minutes and grabbed a quill, dipping the tip of the quill in the ink and wrote something on the bottom.

My Moon with my Luna.

A small smile form on Chaeyoung's lips before flipping the paper and wrote something on the back like she usually does after she drew Mina or the two of them.

No matter where I am, what I'm doing, or who i am with. I will always, honestly and completely love you two. She finished her letter with a moon and a heart.

Before she folded the paper, Chaeyoung wrote something on the corner that Mina would only see, I'll come home, I will come back home in your arms... I love you. She gently folded the paper and place it on the table next to their bed.

She gently brush some of Mina's hair and kissed her forehead, same thing she did to Luna. She was about to stand up when Luna reached out for her and hold her finger with her small hands.

Chaeyoung smiled sweetly at her daughter and gently pulled her hand away and took her coat before she head out, walking to the shore where she saw Jeongyeon yawning with a boat behind her.

“Is everything ready?” She asked her older sister who nodded before they went in the boat where they saw a few soldiers that will join them in their journey.

Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung were both talking until they reached the deck and saw Lisa calmly smoking with her arm resting on the railings.

Lisa gave them a small nod and the soldiers pulled the anchor up before the latter went to the wheel of the ship as the soldiers under starts paddling all at the same time as the ship slowly moved.

“I'm glad you came with us today. There's something I kinda wanna show you, anyway.” Jeongyeon said to the small girl who nodded.

“I'm just quite sad that Somi isn't with us today, we usually go anywhere together.” Chaeyoung replied which made the girl chuckled.

“It's expected, we're not kids anymore, Chaeng. We have responsibilities now that we're the leaders of our clans but...” She looked at the sky, “Sometimes, I just wish we never grow up. Without any problems or duties, you know, just kids playing around.” She added.

“We have a family to protect now, except yours. I can't believe, you and Nayeon still not thinking to have a kid yet.” She laughed.

“Nayeon said that Luna and Soliel will be her babies for now.” Chaeyoung looked at her confusedly, “You saw Somi's daughter?” She nodded.

“Yeah, not too long ago. It seems like Somi did her duty as a leader, she gave birth to an heir she didn't want.”

Chaeyoung sighed in frustration and looked far before Lisa suddenly spoke, “The past will repeat itself if you won't let go of something.” They both turned their heads to the girl who didn't bother to look or glance at them.

“It already did.” Lisa smiled before she hummed in response, “Yes, it did.” She softly whispered to herself.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

YEARS HAD PASSED

Years had already passed, Luna was now 10 years old, her hair had grown longer than last year and became a bit wavy. Her eyes went down to her face and chubby baby cheeks that she has before was now gone, her cheekbones and jaw line were more defined, prominently sticking out. Her face had slim down a bit, her features were now appearing more mature.

Everyone thought that Luna will look more like Mina but as years goes by, she look more like Chaeyoung. Luna did got Mina's calm and reserved personality but took the love in fighting from Chaeyoung.

When she was 6 years old, she was already exposed in swords and fighting when she saw her mother practicing with the guards and ever since then, she always asked Chaeyoung to teach her.

Luna was calm and observant in her surroundings especially in fighting, she always dodge her opponent's attacks at first and learning all their moves before she attack and effortlessly beat them up.

Just like Mina, Luna wasn't fond of having a friend, she always avoided the kids who tried to befriended with her. When they asked why she's avoiding them, her only answer is...

“I don't like you.” She's straight forward like Mina and doesn't like to show any emotions to anyone.

Even though she has a great skill in fighting, Luna can't still control her powers, she always ruin something out of nowhere when she touches it. Like last week, She accidentally sent someone's hut into fire when she touch it to take a rest for a while.

And just like now...

“She ruined my wedding!” A loud scream from a woman said to Chaeyoung who kept apologizing to her.

“I'm really sorry on behalf of my daughter, I know, Luna didn't mean any of this to happened.” Chaeyoung calmly replied as the woman scoff.

“Didn't mean this to happen? Your daughter always ruin things, I don't even know how you manage to take care of a monster like her.”

Something in Mina snap when she felt her daughter grip on her clothes, she stomped her way to the woman and push Chaeyoung out of the way before pointing her finger to the woman.

“Don't you ever dare say something like that to my daughter.” She angrily said as Chaeyoung tried to stop her but she didn't care, “No, calling my daughter a monster is crossing the line. Bitch, I can pay you a hundred of millions to fix this goddamn useless wedding of yours.” She said as she yanked her hand from Chaeyoung.

“How can your husband marry a pathetic motherfucker like you? I pity him.” Mina said before walking to Luna who was shaking after being shouted by the woman.

“Come on, are you hurt somewhere, honey?” She worriedly asked as she caressed Luna's cheeks.

Mina sent her daughter a reassuring smile before holding her hand and began walking back home, Chaeyoung quickly followed them and called Mina.

“You didn't have to say that, Mina.” She ignored her and continue to walked. “Mina, don't ignore me when you're the one who's wrong.” She angrily said.

Mina faced her and glared at her, “I'm wrong? That piece of shit called our daughter a monster, Son Chaeyoung! Are you fucking deaf?” Chaeyoung tried to hold her hand but Mina step back.

“Stop being a goddamn leader and act like a mother for once! You know how this feels, getting called a monster and being blame for everything when you were young so why can't you understand Luna? Defend her too. She's your fucking daughter!” She angrily said as her eyebrows were about to meet because of how angry she was at Chaeyoung.

Mina turned her back from her wife and walked away while holding Luna's hand who was blaming herself for making her parents fight again.

Chaeyoung was just standing there, regretting for not defending her daughter from the woman. She sat on the log and let out a big and long sigh before she ruffle her hair in frustration.

A few hours had passed, Mina calm down as she squeeze the towel and walked to her daughter who was sitting in her bed and fidgeting her fingers.

“I'm sorry, Ma.” Mina furrowed her eyebrows as she sat next to her, “Why are you saying sorry for?” She softly asked before tucking in some of Luna's hair behind her ear.

“For making you and Dada fight again...” She looked down, “I always hear you two fighting every night because of me, I just didn't mean any of that to happen.” She added, her tone became more sadder.

“But I'm trying my best to control it, I swear. I'm sorry if I wasn't like the other kids.”

Mina didn't say anything and just grabbed her daughter's arm, gently wiping her. Luna thought that her mother was mad at her and was about to apologize again when her mother spoke.

“I just wish you can see how special you are the way I do. I don't care if you're not like the other kids, if you set something in fire, you ruin someone's wedding or accidentally hurt somebody. Luna, you are my daughter and I don't want you to change anything about yourself. You're special just the way you are.” Mina softly said before caressing her cheeks.

“But I'm embarrassing you and Dada. I know, people were mad at her for not keeping me away from them.” Luna replied and tried to look down but Mina firmly cup her face.

“You're not an embarrassment to us, do you understand?” Luna sighed deeply and noticed her wounds healing.

“You just healed me with the thing you got from Aunt Somi, aren't you?” Mina quickly shakes her head.

“Nope, I healed my daughter with my love!” Mina happily said to somewhat cheer Luna up, “My daughter who's strong, skilled, smart like me,” Luna rolled her eyes.

“Cool like me, beautiful like me and special than anyone.” Mina began pampering her with kisses, “My forever baby!” Luna laugh and slowly forgot the sadness she felt earlier, Mina always does it whenever she feels her daughter sad or upset.

“I'm not a baby anymore~”

“What do you mean, you're not a baby? You will always be my baby even if you're older or already have a family!” Mina responded and squeeze Luna's cheeks.

“You're my baby, my little piggy and my everything.” Mina added before kissing her forehead.

Luna giggle and it slowly faded when she remember it again which made Mina sigh, “I just want to live like a normal kid, I always avoided the other kids because I don't want to hurt them accidentally.” She looked down.

“I just wish, she wasn't my mother.” She said which caught Mina's attention.

Those simple words broke Chaeyoung's heart into a million pieces, she has been standing outside and was about to give Luna the teddy bear she made herself with a necklace on the teddy bear's neck.

She wanted to apologize to her daughter for not defending her and reflected everything, her smile faded when she heard that.

“Luna, don't say that!” Mina accidentally raised her voice to her daughter who bawled her hand into a fist.

“It's true, if it wasn't for her, I would've live a normal life but no, I keep ruining things because of this stupid power!” She angrily said and run out of the room.

She gasped when she saw her mother standing outside her room but she glared at her and run passed her, not noticing the tears streaming down her cheeks.

Mina quickly followed her daughter and was surprised to see Chaeyoung outside, she knew the girl heard what Luna just said. She was about to comfort her wife when the small girl just walked passed her and entered Luna's room with a dark aura.

“Chaeng, Luna didn't mean tha--”

“It's fine.” Chaeyoung coldly said and put the teddy bear on Luna's bed. Mina walked to her and rubbed her back, “Luna was just frustrated, honey.” She softly said.

“I just wanted Luna to have a normal childhood but because of me, she can't do that. She doesn't have any friends and mostly avoided everyone then get blamed for everything.” Chaeyoung sighed in frustration.

“I never saw Luna smile again...” She added before she sighed for the fifth time.

________________________________

Luna was hugging her knees with her face buried between it while sitting on a big rock in river, her shoulder was shaking uncontrollably as she kept sobbing.

The image of Chaeyoung looking at her when she accidentally ruin the wedding showed anger, her mother always fixed the messed she makes every time. She was ashamed of herself whenever she will see her mother bowing to ask forgiveness on behalf of Luna when the Sultan can't bow to someone.

“I said, let me go, bastard!” She furrowed her eyebrows when she heard a high pitched scream from a girl.

She lift up her head and look at her side, she saw a girl glaring at the little boy who's smirking at her, “A monster like you doesn't belong here!” She gritted her teeth as she tried to get out from his grip.

“He's bullying someone again...” Luna sighed.

“Take that back.” The little girl said and the boy walked to her, “Or what? You'll tell your mommy who doesn't even want you?” He said which cost her to lose her patience and attack him.

Since he's more older and stronger than her, he immediately dodge her punches and when he finally hold her, he threatened to push her to the water.

He smirked before letting go of her hands and the girl fall on the water and doesn't even know how to swim to save herself so she just scream for help while the kids were laughing at her.

“Ah sorry, I slipped.” He said and stuck his tongue out to her.

That action immediately caught Luna's attention, she stood up and stormed towards them. She doesn't know why but something in her snap when he push the girl to the river, she always ignore any kids who was bullied by him.

Without hesitation, Luna kicked him to the water with her blank expression and the others kid didn't dare to stop her when they all recognized her.

“Ah sorry, I slipped.” She calmly repeated his words and averted her gaze on the girl before extending her hand to help her up.

When the girl grabbed her hand, Luna pulled her up and noticed the she was coughing after she almost drowned.

Luna looked back at the boy as her eyes turned red and the river slowly turned into oil, “Swim under.” She snapped her fingers and a fire form on her forefinger.

“Die.” She coldly said before dipping her forefinger into the water.

Because the water turned into an oil, the fire quickly spread and the boy was screaming in pain as the fire got him, calling for help but none of his friends dared to help him when they saw Luna's aura.

Luna looked back to the girl and she takes her cloak off and wrapped it around the small girl who sneezed.

“Go home and change your clothes or you'll catch cold.” She calmly said before walking away, not wanting to get more contact with the latter.

She thanked herself because no one was around to see what she did and she knew those kids won't tell anyone what they just witnessed.

Luna was calmly walking back home when she heard a small voice behind her, she turned around and was surprised when she saw the same girl blushing while wrapping herself tightly with her cloak and was trying to find words.

“W-what do you want?” Luna stuttered, she rarely talk to anyone due to how shy she was and of course, she's avoiding them.

The girl looked away blushing and Luna was about to ask if she's okay when the girl leaned in to her as her eyes twinkle, “Will you be my friend?!” Luna was shocked.

“No.” She simply replied and walked away.

The little girl didn't expect what Luna said and run to follow the girl, quietly walking behind the latter who already noticed her presence.

Luna faced her again, “I don't want to be your friend nor anything to do with you.” She coldly said. “Now leave me alone.” She added.

“Ahh... sorry, I just never had a friend. My mom doesn't like me too.”

Out of pity, she just nodded which made the girl smiled widely, “Really?!” She nodded, “Great! I don't really have a friend, you're my first friend!” The little girl happily replied as the latter noticed a bruise on her shoulder.

Luna let out a sighed before ruffling her hair, she felt warm and connected with the small girl in front of her.

“Yey! I got a friend now! I'll tell my mama, see you tomorrow...?” She tilted her head when she realized that she doesn't know her name.

“Luna Astherielle.” Luna extended her hand to the girl who was confused at first and gladly took her hand, “Wow, you have such a soft hand!” She exclaimed and gently squeeze it.

“I'm Soliel Amethyst from Lux clan!” Luna nodded and realized that she was holding her hand, she quickly pulled her hand and looked away.

“Now go home and change your clothes before you catch cold.” She calmly said before turning her back on Soliel.

“See you tomorrow, Luna-chan~!!” Luna didn't bother to reply and continue to walked away.

Why did I agree to be friend, again? Tch, not like we'll see each other again. Lux and Luna are far from each other, there's no way we'll bump into each other again. Luna thought.

“But,” She looked at her hand, “She's warm.” She whispered to herself but quickly shakes off her thoughts and walked home.

Soliel Amethyst, why did I save you?

________________________________

STAY TUNED

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

105K 7.3K 67
All of us wanted to find a true love, People say you will instantly know when you find the right person. He or she will bring the best version of yo...
148K 3.1K 35
We met once at the college corridor and I fall in love with you when I first saw your smile. The gummy smile. But at first, I don't know my true feel...
27.2K 1K 87
When Minatozaki Sanas heart gets broken, She promises to never fall in love again, however her friends convince her to find a rebound relationship in...
52.8K 2.4K 64
What will you do when you found something that you never see nor read on your wedding day that cause you to be unsure about your feeling. The wedding...