Power Up! (Male Reader)

By Morning_Blankets

Townsville, USA. A normal city with strange problems. Monsters, villains, and even demons try to attack the c... More

Once Upon A Time....
Working In The Dark
Life Keeps Moving
Favors For A Friend
Meeting At The Mall
Making A Deal With The Devil
A Dance Recital And Late Night Chats
The Day Life Of A Super Powered Teenager
Operation: S.C.R.I.P.T
A Trio Of Questions
Countdown To Homecoming
Homecoming Finally
Three Identities, Three Troubles
The Black Puddle Queen Pt. 1
The Black Puddle Queen Pt. 2
The Tale of The Four Kings
Cityville Pt. 1
Cityville Pt. 2
The Underworld
Kinda Fixing Things
Things Are Never Easy
Vilestown Pt. 1
Vilestown Pt. 2
Vilestown Pt. 3
Vilestown Pt. 4
Vilestown Pt. 5
Minor Adjustments
The Mark of Kings
OVAs #1
Date At The.......
A Secret Family
A Saturday On A Monday
The Secret Misadventures Pt. 1
The Secret Misadventures Pt. 2
The Secret Misadventures Pt. 3
The Secret Misadventures Pt. 4
What Do We Do Now?
Voting #3
16 Candles And One Wish
Lakeview Pt. 1
Lakeview Pt. 2
Lakeview Dance
Into The Unknown Pt. 2
Into The Unkown Pt. 3
Into The Unknown Pt. 4
A/N
Tales Of The Unknown Pt. 1
Q&A
New Cover! (A/N)
Tales Of The Unknown Pt. 2
Tales Of The Unknown Pt. 3
Tales of The Unknown Pt. 4
Tales of The Unknown Pt. 5
Capital Of The Unknown Pt. 1
Capital Of The Unknown Pt. 2
Back To Townsville
Mystery Inc. Pt. 1
Myserty Inc. Pt 2
Meeting Your Heroes Pt. 1
Meeting Your Heroes Pt. 2
Something In The Orange
Future Quest Pt. 1
Future Quest Pt. 2
Future Quest Pt. 3
Future Quest Pt. 4
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
A/N

Into The Unknown Pt. 1

2.9K 153 50
By Morning_Blankets

You let out a yawn as you walked towards the bathroom. It was now morning and you needed to get ready to meet with the brothers. They were going to take you to the Woodsman.

You finally reached the bathroom and knocked. After getting no answer, you opened the door. You immediately froze when you found Bubbles.

She was wearing a blue shirt and a pair of blue shorts, but she had her headphone on listening to music. Nothing weird about that.

But, it was the way she was dancing that made you freeze up. It was very....provocative. Very suggestive.

You decided that you would brush your teeth later.

You closed the door and walked back to your room.

Power Up!

Wirt and Gregory ended up giving you a place to meet up with them. However, you weren't expecting to find a cemetery.

Zak: This is totally not creepy.

You looked around the area for a moment before you really realized how cold it was. Halloween would be here shortly. Next week, in fact.

Wirt: Oh, you guys are already here.

You all turned to find Wirt and Greg walking towards you. However, you noticed that their clothes were still old styled.

Brat: I thought the festival was over.

Greg: It goes until Monday. But we're wearing this because the people in the Unknown are a bit, odd.

Robin: The Unknown?

Wirt: That's where we're taking you. We'll find the Woodsman there.

They were taking you into the unknown? Sounds like.......not a lot of fun.

Y/N: Okay. Well, how do we get there?

Wirt: That's where we run into a slight problem. Uh....

Greg: We don't know!

Your entire team flinched like you had gotten punched in the chest.

They were literally you're only way of getting there! How could they not know how to get back!

Brat grabbed Wirt by his cape and lifted him up.

Brat: You better figure it out!

Bubbles pulled Brat away, lifted her up, moved her to the side, and took her place.

Bubbles: Well, how did you get there last time? Maybe we can figure something out?

Wirt rubbed the back of his neck nervously.

Wirt: Well, we kinda drowned.

Your head suddenly shot up. You immediately thought back to the forest and how you were taken to that other world where the Beast was.

Zak: What's up? You look like you just remembered something.

Everyone turned to you.

Y/N: Well, it's kinda like when we were in the forest. Maybe, maybe the Beast did something similar to them.

Brat, Courage, and Zak knew immediately what you were talking about, but everyone else was lost. You rubbed your chin and tried to think of something before you looked at your hand.

Slowly, you started to smirk.

Mitch: I don't like that look.

Robin: Why are you staring at your hand?

You walked over to the large brick wall that surrounded the cemetery. You then placed your hand against the rough bricks.

Your mark appeared and there was suddenly a large black hole against the wall. Everyone stepped back while you just smiled proudly.

Y/N: Look at that.

Robin: What is that?!

You turned back to the group. You then realized that no one knew that you had been practicing.

Y/N: Oh, well, ever since I had that talk with Brick, I had been practicing with my powers. I've been doing some experiments.

You stared at the soda can intensity. You then opened a portal under it which swallowed it. You then opened another portal in the next room, only to hear Liz scream.

Zak: Is that safe for people to use?

Y/N: Yes! Or, at least for Courage.

Everyone looked to your dog. He just shrugged.

Wirt: Where does it go?

You looked at the portal.

Y/N: Ideally, to this Unknown place you were talking about.

Bubbles: And not Ideally?

Y/N: The bottom of the ocean. Let's go!

You immediately walked into the hole which made everyone panic. You stepped right through with no problem. Everyone waited for a moment, then your head poked back out.

Y/N: You guys coming?

Everyone looked at each other. They didn't seem very sure about any of this.
---------------
Buttercup: Bubbles? Bubbles! Bbbbbbuuuubbbblllleeeeesssss!!!!!

Blossom: Will you stop yelling?!

Blossom looked up from her book just as her sister walked down the stairs. She was holding her Switch but she didn't look like she was playing a relaxing game of Animal Crossing.

Buttercup: Where's Bubbles? She has my copy of Mario.

Blossom just rolled her eyes and returned her attention to her book.

Professor: She went on that camping trip, remember?

Buttercup: What?

Blossom also seemed confused.

Blossom: Camping trip? I thought she went to Robin's for the weekend.

Professor: I thought you two knew. She went with the others.

Buttercup: Who are the others?

The Professor rubbed his chin as he tried to recall.

Professor: Let me remember. I believe it was her, Brat, Mitch, Y/N, and that Zak boy. I think Robin went with them as well.

The two looked at him shocked, and a bit hurt. Why weren't they invited? And where did you go to go camping?

Buttercup: What the fu....
----------
Mitch: That actually worked.

Everyone looked around the vast forest that you had teleported them to. It seemed different from the forest that surrounded the town. Almost like the air was thicker.

Everyone began to get their supplies ready while you looked around the general area. You couldn't see anything out of the blue, but it felt like something was watching you.

You came.

You turned around but you didn't see anyone. No traces of anyone around. What was that?

Zak: Y/N.

You turned back to your group to see that they were waiting for you.

Zak: You good? You looked like you spaced out.

You looked back to the forest before you nodded.

Y/N: I'll be good. Let's head out.

Wirt: Okay. Follow me. And, uh, stay close. You can really get lost in these woods.

Wasting no more time, you all followed Wirt. It was actually pretty cold here. Oddly enough, there was some snow on the ground. It was like it was actually winter here.

But beyond that, the trees seemed really odd. Like they were watching you as you passed by. And the way the branches danced in the wind, you swore you heard breathing.

Robin shivered and Mitch was about to give her his coat, but you beat him to the punch. When he looked at you, you just shrugged.

Y/N: I can keep myself warm.

Mitch just nodded as a thank you.

Bubbles: How far is the Woodsman?

Wirt: Not much further. His cabin should be just up the hill.

Greg: The last time we went there, we were attacked by a giant angry dog. It was cool.

Wirt: Cool is a word I wouldn't use. We almost died.

Greg: Which is why it was so cool.

Wirt: And that was Beatrice's house. Not the Woodsman's.

You watched the two brothers intract. You smiled a bit before you looked back down.

Wirt mentioned that time worked differently here. That they were here for over a week, but only a few hours had passed in your world.

You didn't know how long you would be here, but hopefully you could be in and out. You just needed to know how to defeat the Beast and break the curse.
------------
Wirt: We're here.

Wirt lead you all to a clearing. There, you found a cabin with smoke coming from the chimney. Someone was home.

Greg immediately ran towards the cabin with a massive smile. He reached the door and gave it a knock.

???: One moment!

You all finally reached the cabin just as the door opened. You all looked at the girl who seemed utterly confused.

???: Oh, hello. Can I help you?

Wirt: Uh, yes! We're looking for the Woodsman.

The girl seemed surpised.

Girl: Father? May I ask why?

Her eyes fell on Mitch's sword. She then looked at you. You smiled a bit but she looked back to Wirt.

She then looked like she suddenly recognized him.

Girl: Wait, you're the pilgrim! You helped me father escape the Beast's grasp.

Greg: Yep! That was us! Is he here?

The girl's smile slowly faded. She then looked over to an area by the house. You took a peek and noticed she was looking at a chopping block. It looks like it was used recently.

Wirt also looked at the block and came to the same realization.

Wirt: Oh. I....I'm sorry.

Girl: It's....he lived his last days as a happy and free man. That's all I could have asked for.

Greg and Wirt looked sad about the news. You figured that they knew him as a friend, or something like that.

But, that also meant that he wouldn't be able to help you.

The girl looked at all of you before she cleared her throat and regained her composure.

Girl: Well, since you're here, may I offer you some tea? You might as well get something for your travels.

Tea sounds...good.

It wasn't long before you were all inside the cozy cabin. Some of the group; Mitch, Robin, Brat, Wirt, and Greg, sat at a wooden table. Bubbles and Zak sat on the couch while you looked around.

There were some stairs that went up to the second story, which was where the bedrooms were, you assumed. Besides that, there were a lot of books laying around. A fire was burning in the fireplace which was the source of the smoke you had seen earlier.

The girl, whose name was Anna, you learned, passed out tea cups to everyone.

Anna: I wish I could be more help.

Bubbles: It's fine. We knew it would be a long shot.

Wirt: I'm also sorry. I thought he would still be....you know.

Mitch: You couldn't have known.

Zak: True. Do you two know of anyone else who could help us?

Greg tapped his chin.

Greg: Maybe Beatrice. But we would need to find her first.

Anna: Beatrice? Beatrice Leggero?

Wirt shrugged.

Anna: She lives in the old mill with her family. Just over the hills.

The two brothers seemed to immediately know where she was talking about. Looks like hope is on your side after all.

It's a hopeless dream

You flinched and looked out the window. There, you saw him.

The Beast.

He hid behind the trees, but he remained visible to you. It was like he was making sure you saw him. But how did you hear him?

Zak looked over to you to see you were staring at the window. He followed your gaze and immediately spotted the Beast.

He shot up to his feet which caught everyone's attention.

Robin: What? What's going on?

Zak: The Beast.

Everyone got up from their seats. Mitch grabbed his sword while Zak grabbed the Claw. Courage hid under Anna's skirt while Brat and Bubbles moved to cover Robin.

Y/N: Stay here.

You went to open the door, but Anna stopped you.

Anna: What are you doing?!

Wirt: Y/N, I know you have powers or whatever, but you shouldn't face that thing alone.

You stopped. He was right. The Beast was something different. It wasn't just a monster you could punch or a street punk.

Bubbles: I'll go with him.

You looked back to Bubbles.

Y/N: Are you sure? He might have some control over you.

Bubbles just nodded. You decided to let her go with you and opened the door.

You all exited the cabin but only you and Bubbles walked down the hill towards the woods.

You appear

Y/N: Yeah. I appear.

You are not scared. Good.

Y/N: Good? Why is that good?

Bubbles looked at you oddly. What were you talking about? Were you talking to the Beast?

Beast: My apologies, Bubbles. I failed to speak aloud.

Bubbles felt her skin crawl at his voice. It sounded evil. Crooked.

Beast: I see that you are still well. Unfortunately, you have doomed yourself by coming here to the Unknown.

Y/N: What?

Beast: My power here is greater. The curse will spread quicker.

Bubbles lifted her arm and pulled down the sleeve. Sure enough, her arm was covered by even more leafs and sticks. She also felt slightly weaker.

You saw this and begannto panic.

Beast: However, I am not cruel. I come with an offer.

You looked back to the Beast.

Beast: If you take her place, I can assure you that she will be safe. The same applies to your companions.

Your eyes grew wide at the offer. You looked to Bubbled then back to your group. You then turned back to the Beast. You couldn't really make out his full appearance, but he looked twisted.

But, he also looked familiar.

He felt familiar.

Almost like his power was...

Familiar.

Bubbles: Y/N?

You looked to your friend.

Bubbles: We can't trust him.

Beast: She is correct. But you have few options. By sunrise, she will be consumed.

That fast?! Why?

You brought her here. And now, the curse is spreading even faster. Or, maybe this was just a trick.

It had to be, right?

Mitch watched you from the cabin. He had his weapon at the ready.

Mitch: What's going on? What are they talking about?

Zak: I don't know. I can read lips but, he kinda doesn't have any.

Brat just stayed on guard. If something happened, she would need to act as quickly as possible.

Back with you, you considered the Beast's offer.

You took a deep breath.

Y/N: Release Bubbles. Place the curse onto me instead.

Bubbles: What?

Beast: As you wish.

Bubbles grabbed you by the sleeve with a worried expression. However, before she could ask you to take it back, she began to feel her strength return to her. By as she grew stronger, you felt yourself growing weaker.

You groaned as you dropped to your knees. Your friends all reacted and started to run down to help, but they suddenly found themselves stopped by an unseen force.

You continued to groan as you held your head. Wooden antlers began to grow out of the side of your head and leafs coated your body in patches.

Bubbles: Y/N...

Mitch: Y/N!

Zak: Get away from him!

The Beast only chuckled in a low tone. He then lifted his hand.

Beast: Now, I will keep my word. Your friends will remain unharmed. However, you are still in my realm. Allow me to show you the true potential of the Void Power.

You all suddenly found the black energy surrounding you all. No one could move and everyone felt their bodies start to shift.

And when you all blinked, you were no where near the cabin.

You dropped to the ground while Robin looked around confused.

Robin: Where are...

Brat: Y/N!

Brat raced towards you and quickly began to check you over. As she did, Robin realized it was just the three of you.

Robin: Where is everyone? Mitch?! Zak?! Anyone?!

Across the forest, Mitch looked around confused.

Mitch: Hey! Anyone out there?!

Wirt: Greg?!

Elsewhere, Greg also looked for his brother.

Greg: Wirt! Where are you?!

Zak scratched his head as he realized that he was alone with Greg and Courage.

Zak: What the heck is going on? Where are we?

Bubbles and Anna looked around the forest. Anna didn't recognize the area. The trees looked different.

Bubbles: Where are we?

Anna just looked through the trees towards a light.

Anna: We're in the Unknown.
--------------
Brat: This place is strange. People with wooden heads, traveling circuses, empty towns, mysterious wayward homes. I've seen a lot in my day, but this takes the cake. And the Beast is still out there. I hope you're okay, Y/N.

Brat: Next time: Into The Unknown Pt. 2

Brat: Hang in there, Y/N.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

194K 4.4K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ જ⁀➴ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...
6.5K 130 7
Ben Tennyson had been through a lot in the past few months as he started his journey into UA, Defeated a villain at the USJ, winning the sports festi...
113K 4.1K 88
Before anything can begin, it must first Start from Zero. Before there was Red vs Blue, there was Project Freelancer. And before there was Project...
26.8K 417 22
Ruby and her friends were trained to slay Grimm but they never thought they would find a woman accompanied by pet dinosaurs who could tame them. (Qui...