Taming the Ice Cold Princess...

By alluringhana

Athena De Vera, a very famous Celebrity has decided to enroll to a Graduate School Program in order to fulfil... More

CHAPTER 1 - First Day
CHAPTER 2 - Tagaytay
Chapter 3 - Eyes on me
CHAPTER 4- Resto Bar
CHAPTER 5- Silk night gown
CHAPTER 6- Rosebud Strawberry
CHAPTER 7- Red Velvet
CHAPTER 8- Friends with you
CHAPTER 9- Closer
CHAPTER 10 -Hiding my heart away
CHAPTER 11- All hell breaks loose
CHAPTER 12- Dangerous
CHAPTER 13- Barbecue and Sour Cream
CHAPTER 14- Disobedience
CHAPTER 15- You're so gorgeous
CHAPTER 16- Queen of Hearts
CHAPTER 17- Personal Assistant
CHAPTER 18- VIP fan
CHAPTER 19- Wake up
CHAPTER 20- Valid Reason
CHAPTER 21- Passcode
CHAPTER 22- Salagubang
CHAPTER 23- Waves
CHAPTER 24- Bring us down
CHAPTER 25 - We've always got each other's back
CHAPTER 26 - Mocha Coffee
CHAPTER 27- Pride, soul, and identity
CHAPTER 28- Sydney with a broken heart.
CHAPTER 29 - Aminin ang gusto
CHAPTER 30- No complications, just love
CHAPTER 31 - I'm hurting
CHAPTER 32- Gamble
CHAPTER 33- Kadena
CHAPTER 34- that voice
Chapter 35- Tears
Chapter 36 - Fuck this coffee
Chapter 38 - I am here for her
Chapter 39- Ice Cold Princess
Chapter 40 - Paper Bags
Chapter 41 - Crush
CHAPTER 42 - the start of a new beginning

Chapter 37 - Whys

11K 409 54
By alluringhana

Photo featured above is not mine. Credits to the rightful owner of the picture.

I had a hard time sleeping last night because of that direct message from Athena. I didn't reply because I am too shy to admit that I am checking her Instagram profile, I could just say that it was on my feed but the comment? How can I get away with that?

"Babe, are you ready?" It was Lorenzo who said that. He just got here in my room because I picked him as my partner for tonight's event. Clarification, he is gay and he got used to call me by that endearment.

I am wearing a Strappy black Satin ball gown from ER Collections which is hindi naman malaswa kahit kita ang part ng cleavage ko and my back in a v line cut. The sound of elegance shouts at me.

Meanwhile, Lorenzo is wearing his typical formal clothing. Actually, guys don't have any problem wearing anything in an event. They can use their Polo or Suits a couple of times.

Sakto ang dating ni Lorenzo dito, dahil paalis na rin ang hairstylist and make-up artist ko. I know how to do my own make-up but I don't want to commit mistake especially for tonight.

"You look beautiful, Eira. Magiging straight ako niyan" Lorenzo chuckled kaya naman tinapik ko ito.

"Che! Magagalit si Nico!" Tawa ko naman pabalik sa kanya. Nico is his boyfriend for five months now.

Before we enter the Grand Ballroom Hall, there's a red carpet where the Photographers are taking pictures of the students for souvenirs. Of course, professors have that too.

The theme for tonight's event is Starry Night, so mostly the colors of gold, blue, black are all over the place. It feels like I am in Disneyland - it's the kind of vibe that I want. To be young and free and forget all the problems.

Pagpasok namin ni Lorenzo, namangha kami. I didn't know that it will look like this. I was here yesterday but it seems like this is different from yesterday. There are added touches by the officers of the Graduate School program. Unbelievable. Feels like magical.

"Eira, your mouth" Suway na pabiro sa akin ni Lorenzo. Naka nga-nga kasi ako. "I thought you knew all about this?" Irap sa akin ni Lorenzo.

"I knew but they changed it. They added some touches. That is why the officers were here until Midnight last night." I can't believe at what I'm seeing right now. The last time I had this kind of vibe was during my debut but little did I know that the students will create something this kind of beauty. I MUST commend them.

"Good Evening, Mr. Buenavista and Ms. Rodriguez. Your table number is three together with your father, Mr. Ernesto Rodriguez."

Of course, they will let me sit beside my father together with the other shareholders of the University.

I haven't seen my father in months. Sumama talaga ang loob ko because he is so homophobic. Great thing I am established independent woman and used my money to become a shareholder of this University. So this is gonna be the first time in months that I get to see him.

For ER Collections, I stopped going there. There's no Marketing Head yet but someone is now acting as a Marketing Head. I don't mean to put the company down without me and I am glad that even without me, the ER Collections is still on the top.

Tumayo agad si Daddy para ipaghila ako ng upuan.

"You don't have to do that." I calmly said to him.

There's a hint of sadness in his eyes. Alam niya that everything has changed.

"Mr. Ernesto, so glad to see you again" Nakipag shake hands si Lorenzo sa kanya.

My dad took his hand and shake it. Great thing there is no commotion here.

Pagka upo namin we are all silent until my dad speaks.

"How are you and your boyfriend, Lorenzo?"

He knows that Lorenzo is gay but I didn't know that he knows he has boyfriend. Napatingin naman ako kay Lorenzo. I thought he will be shocked but to my surprise, he did not.

Napatingin naman agad sa akin si Lorenzo because he knows I am curious.

"About that, Mr. Ernesto, we are going smoothly." Tugon nito kay Daddy. Bigla naman ulit itong umimik "Uhm.. Eira.. Your dad chose me to become a Corporate Lawyer of ER Collections."

Napatingin naman ako kay Daddy. I thought he is mad. The last time kasi he fired Lorenzo as our Family Lawyer.

"Well, good to know, Lorenzo. Love pa rin ang mangingibabaw amidst of all the trials." Napangiti naman si Daddy sa akin. "Love, wins, my daughter."

Hindi ako nagsalita. I have so many questions on why my Dad is like this to me after months of not talking with each other. He must have missed me so much.

"Good Evening, ladies and gentlemen! Welcome to Nottinghale University's Graduation Ball!" The voice sounds familiar and when I looked at the person who is speaking, it is Tanya.

The Manager of Athena's Events Business and the ex fling of Chinee.

Why is it always connected to Athena when she's not here? Of course, the officers are friends with these people. Siyempre gusto nila magkakasama sila on this event. Dapat hindi na ako ma shocked.

"I am Tanya, and I am going to be your host for tonight's Graduation Ball Event!" Ngiti ni Tanya sa audience. I know, hindi pa siya fully moved on about what happened with Chinee but I can see that she is coping up well.

"Miss, are you single?!" Sigaw ng lalaking estudyante sa likod.

I rolled my eyes. These rich guys can have everything they want but ibahin niyo ang group of friends ni Athena. They are solid.

Ngumiti lang ng matamis si Tanya sa kanya. I know she is friends with Celeste and I wanna talk to her later if my hunch is right.. that Athena might be here.

The program started and there are a lot of happenings agad. It's nice but and overwhelming. Sobrang nag-eenjoy ang graduating batch this time. Last year, it was not like this. The officers really made an effort.

"I would like to call on stage, Mr. Ernesto Rodriguez, the CEO of ER Collections as the guest speaker for tonight." Tanya with her high confidence voice. In fairness, magaling siya.

My dad got up and smiled at me and then dumiretso na sa stage. This is very unusual. He rarely accepts invitation but he is here right now.

"Congratulations, ladies and gentlemen. You have gathered all here tonight to enjoy this blissful night. For sure, your parents, partners and even your classmates are very proud of each and one of you. Before I start, I just want to commend my daughter, Eira Rodriguez, for being a passionate teacher. She was once a student like you and even graduated with flying colors."

For sure, kulay kamatis na ako ngayon because I am embarrassed. This is not my event and my Dad did not show how proud he is to me until now. That is the first time he said that.

"Anyway, I know there are trials and hardships along the way. There are people who say you can't do this thing, you can't love that someone, you can't be who you are and because of that, you break into pieces." My dad sounded so serious this time. I wonder where he is coming from.

"As successful business person, please keep in mind that other people's judgments don't matter if they cannot support you. Be with your support group. Learn how to love opinions which will make you a better person. Learn how to grow and learn that everything is not perfect nor it will go smooth. Learn that not everything will go according to you plan and that is okay."

Napasulyap ako kay Dad because he is different from what he was few months ago. These are new to me.

".... most especially, you have to love what you want or who you want to love. And with this, you will be passionate and full of love with your works and creation." My dad eyes pointed at me.

Does this mean he is now okay with Athena?

"I made a couple of mistakes a while back. I always want and choose what I want. I dictate to my people what I want which is not right for the business. Please know that you are here to give support, advice and love to your business. It is never too late to change and become a successful businessman or working in a corporate field. Just be passionate with what you do and be supportive with people around you to make things work. That is the true essence of a business minded person." My dad said in authority but in a kind manner.

I heard an applause from the students. Some stood up and gave him standing ovation. Whenever my dad speaks, he always gets standing ovation because he can easily persuade the audience. The difference this time is that, I felt his heart. I feel him. I can feel my own dad before my mom died.

He is back.

My daddy is back.

Pagbaba niya ng stage I quickly stood up and hugged him. I missed him so much. Siya na lang ang meron ako.

"Iha, I have a surprise for you but that is for later." He caressed my back and whispered to my ear. "You look so beautiful tonight, my daughter."

"Dad, what's your surprise?" Para akong bata na nagtatanong sa kanya knowing nasa 30s na ko.

"You'll see."

Both of us sat down and watch the on-going program.

"For the announcement of the Honor Students, may we call the Director of Nottinghale University, Mr. Henry Garfield!"

Mr. Garfield is a British, and the great grand son of the owner of the Nottinghale University in London. He's one of the few people who started opening a branch here in the Philippines.

"It's nice to see this glamorous men and women. The program is just starting and we are yet to see the best ones." Perfect. British. Accent. "On my hand, are the list of the Honor Students or with Latin Honors for the MBA program."

He opened the folder with him and started saying the names one by one. Each of the students are standing up on their respective seats whenever their names are being called.

"Dela Paz, Maureen - Cum Laude." Tumingin ako kay Maureen and took a sip of wine. Well, she's smart but she's too nosy. We gave gave her a warm round of applause.

Each picture are shown on the screen here in Marriott Hotel. Every students are shining tonight. Muntikan ko na mabuga ang wine na iniinom ko when Athena's face showed up on the screen.

"De Vera, Athena- Magna Cum Laude"

Did I hear that right?

I am full of questions right now. How come? Natatakot ako tumingin sa mga students dito sa Grand Ballroom Hall because I MIGHT see her. But since my curiosity is killing me right now, I turned my head and look if someone will stand. Medyo madilim kaya hindi ko naaaninag ang mga students.

Few seconds later, and there's no one who stood up. Nawala yung kaba ko, nanumbalik ako sa pag-inom ko ng wine. There might be a mistake because Athena is not studying at Nottinghale anymore.

"Huy Athena, tumayo ka. Puro ka daldal." I heard Samantha's voice which is few table away from us.

"Oh, sorry. I didn't hear my name. I thought my name is not going to be called."

Napatingin ako sa right side kung saan nandoon ang group of friends ni Athena. Sama-sama sila nila Steven, Matthew, Maggie, Samantha, and Athena sa isang table.

Why is she here?

Mukhang hindi lang ako ang nagulat pati na rin ang ibang students because biglang nagbulungan ang ibang nandito sa Ballroom hall. They knew what happened to Athena. That she flew outside of the country, that she was kidnapped, and she wanted to live her life away from this country.

But she is here.

With her wavy copper blonde hair, Athena stood up without looking at my direction. She seems different. She is wearing a charming V-neckline gold dress. Her aura is different. She looks intimidating and beautiful.

"Best friend ko yan!" Samantha shouted. This girl is really something. Pumalakpak naman sila Steven and other students around them.

Athena is very intellectual. She is smart apart of being a celebrity with a pretty face, she has this kind of aura that will make you look at her every time she passes by.

No doubt she will receive a Latin Honor but how did that happen?

Akala ko may sasabihin si Lorenzo but he didn't say anything. I looked at my dad's reaction but he didn't react as well. So they knew?

"Fuck you! Do you know about this?" Natatarantang angil ko kay Lorenzo.

He chuckled and faced me. "I told you yesterday but you weren't listening. I saw her going inside this hotel with another woman."

Para akong sinasaksak. So tama nga hinala ko.. she's with Celeste. I feel betrayed. Samantha, Matthew, Gustav, and Steven were with me yesterday and they didn't tell me anything.

I watched Athena sat down gracefully as she continued talking to her friends. She looks so glamorous.. I fucking miss her but my heart aches because she never looked at me nor didn't even bother to approach me.

Why is she here? 

Why is she on the list of graduating students?

Why is she back?

Why didn't she tell me that she's back?

Why?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8M 79.8K 40
~ COMPLETED ~ Started: June 10, 2021 Ended: July 24, 2021 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED 2021 **** UNEDITED ****
3.4M 94.6K 63
[PROFESSOR SERIES I] Khione Amora Avila is a transferee student at Wesbech University who aimed to have a fresh start. She only had one goal in life...
284K 8.5K 18
~ ON GOING ~ Angel and the five Demons, rawr
1.4M 61.6K 57
Freyja Akane Mitsuki. The SC President. The almost perfect. Hinahangaan ng maraming estudyante dahil sa taglay nyang ganda. She have a body to die f...