Sailing With Destiny

By Bookworm_Tina

"Do you have any idea how damn frustrating you are?" He trapped me between him and the wall. Stubbornly, I l... More

Preface
Paris
Pont des Arts
Monte Carlo
Sumptuous Repast
BlackJack
St Tropez
Friend or Foe
Provoke
Morning Coffee
Portofino
Kayak
Kiss it Better
Tuscany
Off-route: London
Brotherly Things
The Marino's
Frustration
Corsica
Cherry
Ibiza
A Night in Ibiza
Costa Blanca
Cupcakes
CumpleaƱos
Fiesta
Old Wounds
Homebound
Vacation Over
New York
Bubbles and Beer
Petty
Class Day
Celebrate
Priorities
A Magical Day
I Hate My Birthday
Intern
Millie Bee
Summit
That Escalated
Ego
Predicament
Corporate Sexy
Dinner at Dad's 2.0
Anti-Mila
Voice of Reason
Fragile
Talk To Me
A Little Better
Not What You Need
Revelation And Secrets
Forgive Me?
Space
The Night Begins
Can The Night End Already
I don't Know You Anymore
He's Still My Friend
I Got You, Always
Wedding Date
Friends
The Calm
Before
The Storm
I Promise
I Hate Halloween
Best Friend or Girlfriend?
Decisions, Decisions
I Can't Live Without You
I Will Survive
Nostalgic
Holiday Surprises
I Trusted You
I Trusted You Too
A Mental Maze
Always
Mark My Words
Call It Destiny

Liquid Courage

1K 48 202
By Bookworm_Tina

With a frown, I removed the phone from my ear and glanced at the name on the screen to make sure I read correctly. The name read Carly so I was confused as to why I heard Mitchell's voice.

"Mitchell?"

Mitchell let out a heavy breath. "Thank God you're still talking to me."

Either I was losing my mind or my memory but I did not recall Mitchell ever trying to get ahold of me since he stormed out of my apartment. Then why did he make it sound as if I purposely ignored him?

"To succeed at the silent treatment, I'd need you to initiate a conversation at least."

"So -" Mitchell's words were diluted by a groan. "Fuck!" he cursed, followed by a crashing sound. 

If I wasn't upset with him, I would've made a joke about his groaning and cursing. Instead, I frowned and wondered what really happened. "What is going on there?"

"Nothing, a glass slipped from my hand."

"Are you alright? Did you hurt yourself?" I asked out of concern. 

There was a long pause and all I heard was his steady breathing. "You still care..." he whispered. 

I rolled my eyes at his childishness. "Mitchell."

"The glass didn't cut me but I did hurt myself."

I didn't know how to respond but it was a little surprising that he owned up to his mistake. "I love you, Milo, you know that right?" he said in one breath. "I love you so much."

I took a moment to playback his words and tone in my mind and I knew Mitchell well enough to understand that he wasn't completely himself. "Are you drunk?" I glanced at the clock beside my bed. "At six PM on a weekday?"

"You're not listening to me," he whined like a kid. "I just told you how madly in love I am with you're asking if I'm drunk?"

He's drunk.

"Maybe we should talk when you're sober," I stated.

"No, don't go," Mitchell virtually pleaded. "I might've had one or two...or four drinks but I need to talk to you now."

I sighed and couldn't say no, especially since I felt almost as desperate to talk to him as he did. "Why are you using Carly's phone?"

"Because I can't find mine," he replied in a small voice. 

"Since when?"

"This morning. I left home in a rush... but I also left the office in a rush. Where could I have dropped my phone? Maybe it's in the car or dad's office or –"

"You're mumbling," I cut him off. "If you have something to say, say it now or I'm hanging up."

"I deserve your attitude but don't be so mean," Mitchell muttered softly. 

He had way more than four drinks.

"It's been days since I've heard from you, what made you call today?"

Mitchell took in a deep breath and I imagined he ran his fingers frustratingly through his hair merely by his exasperated tone. "Honestly, I didn't have the balls to talk to you."

"Hence the liquid courage," I whispered under my breath.

"I was going to call either way but then I couldn't find my phone and mom left hers on her way out so I grabbed the first opportunity to talk to you."

"But you still made sure you had one too many drinks before you called?" I couldn't keep the bitterness out of my tone. 

I might've come off as bitchy but Mitchell stormed out of my apartment after coldly breaking up with me – at least it sounded like a breakup. I expected him to be more mature and talk to me, not mumble crap while under the influence. 

"I...I..." He trailed off and inhaled deeply. "I have no excuse, I'm sorry. If you want, I can call you later or in the morning when I'm in a better state."

"Although," he quickly added. "Whatever I say now will be the same when I'm sober."

I huffed and the pathetic girlfriend – or ex-girlfriend in me – craved to hear what he had to say so I budged. "I'm listening."

"I fucked up... again. I acted on impulse...again. I overreacted...again. But most importantly I hurt your feelings... again."

"Thank you for pointing out the obvious," I nonchalantly spoke. "Is there more to this or should I hang up now?"

"Don't be like that... please," his voice was so vulnerable that I almost pitied him. "Don't hate me."

I squared my shoulders and put on the big girl panties. "Mitchell, you walked out on me, you threw a fit for no apparent reason and used the trust card when I asked a question based on a shady as fuck message I saw on your phone."

"And mind you, when I saw the text, you were fast asleep. I maturely silenced your phone and allowed you to sleep instead of freaking out!" I ranted. "Do you know why I acted so coolly? Because I damn well trust you and told myself my Mitchell would never cheat on me."

"Yet you lost your shit just because I didn't tell you Leo lived in the same building as me." I paused and took in a much-needed breath. "I tried to tell you but I've heard your snoring more than your voice in the last month!"

There was a long pause from the other end. "I don't snore."

"Goodbye, Mitchell!" I frustratingly snapped and removed the phone off my ear, ready to cut the call but stopped when I heard Mitchell's panicked cries. 

"I'm not in the mood for childish gimmicks, either you talk seriously or we'll talk some other time."

"Wow, the tables have tur..." he trailed off and cleared his throat. "I'm sorry not just for now but for acting like a complete Bitchell once again."

"I can handle Bitchell but when you refuse to hear me out, let your temper get the better of you, and most of all when you leave things unresolved, that's when I feel helpless." I paused and kept my tone calm, "I sometimes can't recognize that person and I'm reminded of how cruel you can be when you're blinded by anger."

Mitchell sighed and remained silent for a long second. "Baby... I don't know what's a bigger enemy, my temper or jealousy."

"I don't ever intentionally give you anything to be jealous about. I admit I'm not perfect at this relationship thing but I'm trying my best."

"I know, I know," Mitchell sounded exasperated. "And you're doing great. I just thought distance would be easier between us because of how much I love you and how healthy our relationship is. But it seems the depth of our feelings is what makes this fucking distance even harder."

"It's nice to hear you call our relationship healthy," I mused. "Considering the last time..."

"It is healthy and you play a major role in that," Mitchell said with conviction. "You have no idea how much better you are at this than me, you're almost perfect."

"I'm far from that and flattery won't save you."

"I'm not trying to flatter you; I'm just saying the truth. I'm jealous, petty, and insecure. It isn't your fault because you give me no reason to be but when I realized that Limo fucking Leo is so close to you while I'm over two thousand miles away..." Mitchell trailed off and deeply sighed. "I was jealous and angry that it wasn't me. I want to be near you, I want to see you every day, I want to... I just want to be close to my Milo all the time."

"It wasn't about not trusting you because I trust you more than anything. The issue was with me, not you and I acted like a fucking caveman instead of talking it out."

I was glad that he was being open and honest and admitted to his faults. Mitchell might've been drunk but there was nothing but sincerity and remorse in his tone. However, I wasn't going to give in as yet, I felt that we had more to discuss or we'd be in a never-ending cycle of dispute.

"I understand how you feel," I admitted. "I feel that way too, heck I froze when I saw Kelsey Campbell's name show up on your phone. I trusted you but a part of me was angry, hurt, and jealous that you went an entire day without talking to me but spent time with a person that I'd never heard of."

"I should've brought it up in a less heated moment instead of throwing it in the middle of a fight. I understand that it came off as if I didn't trust you."

"I didn't help my case by getting defensive about her, I was so consumed by all these... fucking feelings that I blew my top," Mitchell said. "But you never have to worry about any name on my phone screen, no one is as important to me as you and I want you to always remember that."

My period was due in a few days and I had a feeling my hormones contributed to how emotional I got. A lump pathetically built in my throat as I softly muttered, "Okay."

"Kelsey is an old friend from college, she's the CEO of her father's company in the UK but they have their hands in businesses around the globe. Anyway, she bumped into me in Miami and didn't let me say no to having one drink with her to catch up. The night went on and we spoke, a lot about you actually, and I lost track of time."

"We share nothing but a platonic relationship, she's no one but an old friend. I've never shared any kind of relationship out of that."

It felt like a huge weight was lifted off my chest, I was glad Mitchell finally cleared whatever little doubts I had. "If only you said that sooner."

"I'm sorry, Baby," Mitchell earnestly spoke. "I shouldn't have blown everything out of proportion and sure as hell shouldn't have walked out."

"And ended our relationship," I added.

"The fuck?" Mitchell breathed in disbelief. "I never ended anything. I acted immaturely but not once did the idea of ever ending what we share occur to me."

"You said you were done," I reminded him. 

"Yes, done with our stupid fight and seeing doubt in your eyes. I never broke up with you, I'd never do that over a stupid disagreement. Fights are normal in any relationship; it's how you handle and solve them that make a bond stronger."

"Carly spoke to you, didn't she?" I couldn't help a small grin. "There is no way you could come up with that?"

"Yes and no," Mitchell replied. "I didn't tell her about our fight but she's said that line to me many times in the past and it took loving you to realize how right she is."

I took in a deep breath, fell on my back onto the bed, and shut my eyes for a moment. "We still have a lot to learn, Mitch."

"We'll do that together."

"How can we when we're barely ever together?" I asked softly. "And I'm not only talking about physical distance."

"Has," he paused and audibly gulped. "Has something changed for you?"

I opened my eyes and sat up. "I still feel the same way about you but sometimes the miles between us make me feel distant from you."

"I get it," Mitchell agreed. "It's normal when we've barely been talking. But I don't want that to be a reason for giving up."

"I don't either but..." I trailed off and that damn lump grew stronger as tears pooled in my eyes. "It isn't easy."

Silence lingered between us for a long while, a single tear rolled down my cheek and my heart felt heavy. I wasn't in any condition to make a long-term decision about our relationship but I also hated how helpless and anxious I felt because of a fight that went on for too long. If we lived near each other, we would've solved it sooner. All I knew was that I didn't want to feel that way again.

"This isn't something that should be talked about over the phone," Mitchell seriously said. "I'll be in New York in a few days, if it's alright with you, can we meet and talk?"

I didn't want to give away how upset I was so I silently wiped my tears. "I'd like that."

"Hey, don't cry," Mitchell softly said. "And don't deny it, I can hear it in your voice. We'll figure this out, I promise."

I nodded as more tears escaped my eyes.

"I can't see you, say something instead of nodding."

I laughed under my breath. "How did you..."

"You're my loca Mila, I know you," Mitchell softly chuckled. "Do you remember our song?"

I sniffed and wiped my cheeks. "We have many, be specific."

"Our song, Milo," Mitchell drawled. "I'll remind you," he cleared his throat and before I could stop him, he softly sang. "I see trees so green, red roses too, I see them bloom for me and you..."

"Mitch," I drawled, "I'm not in the mood to sing."

"So, who told you to sing? I'm singing," Mitchell demurred. "I see skies so blue and clouds so white. The bright blessed day..." He trailed off and I couldn't stop the grin that grew on my face. "Sing the next line."

"Mitchell..."

"Please, for me."

Mitchell, despite recent events, was being cute and I couldn't deny him. "The dark –"

"No," Mitchell cut me off. "Sing our lyric."

My smile grew and mind went back to a very drunken night in Denver when Mitchell laughed at me for getting the lyric wrong. Ever since then, whenever we sang What a Wonderful World, we used the wrong lyric – it was our thing. "The dogs say goodnight."

"That's my girl," Mitchell laughed and I couldn't help but join in on his laughter. 

"I missed that sound," Mitchell mused once our laughter died down. "It feels like forever since I've heard you laugh." 

I didn't know how to respond so I remained silent and after a long time, the silence was comfortable. "You know, that song is a reminder that we can turn things around no matter the circumstances."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, before we went on that road trip, I never would've imagined that I'd be drunk, singing about the wonderful world in the early parts of the morning with you."

"Don't lie to yourself, you did imagine it, you just didn't think you'd enjoy my company so much. Or you chose not to believe that I'm pretty amazing."

Mitchell chuckled. "I can't even deny that." Mitchell stopped laughing and spoke seriously, "I suppose what I mean is that things will work out for us, just as it always has."

"Yeah," I agreed even though at the back of my mind I had a feeling that distance was only going to draw us further apart. "And if doesn't?"

"Then our story hasn't concluded, a chapter might've closed but it's certainly not the end."

"You're so drunk," I softly laughed. 

"I am," Mitchell chortled and took in a deep breath. "I should probably have about three cups of coffee before Mom gets back and kills me for drinking on an empty stomach."

"Speaking of an empty stomach, mine's crying for food as we speak."

"In that case, go and eat now," Mitchell's tone lost its playfulness. 

"Don't tell me what to do," I playfully rebuked. 

"Mila."

"If I wasn't hungry, I wouldn't listen."

"Such a brat," Mitchell muttered under his breath. 

"Okay," I spoke loudly. "Before this conversation escalates into something else, I'm hanging up."

"Can I call you, later?" Mitchell's voice sounded unsure. 

"Yes," I replied instantly. 

"And tomorrow?"

"Yes."

"And the day after?"

"Mitchell, don't annoy me!" I scolded. 

"It's my job," Mitchell laughed. "Go and eat. I love you, Baby."

Even though our issue wasn't fully resolved, his words still set flight butterflies in my stomach and I was still very much in love with him. "Love you too."

***

I glanced at the calendar and couldn't believe I'd been at the hospital for almost six weeks already. It was Friday morning and I sat at the back of the Maybach while Patrik drove. I was exhausted from just completing a night shift at the hospital from the previous night. 

I was ready to head home and sleep like the dead but just before my shift ended, Mitchell called and asked if I was able to collect something from his New York division office. He claimed it was very important and had to be in the hands of someone he trusted. I was way too exhausted to ask questions so I agreed and told Patrik to stop at the office first. 

It had been a week since Mitchell and I sort of made up, we spoke more than once daily and things got a lot better. The weird, withdrawn feeling I had towards him went away and I realized it was mostly because I missed him so much. Although, the distance between us still bothered me more than I led on.

It had been a while since I visited the tall, glass skyscraper that belonged to Clarke Group of Companies. The last I was there was just before I left for LA for Faith and Owen's post-wedding party. Mitchell and I had just gotten together and even though it was only a couple of months ago, it felt like eons. 

Other than probably being expected to arrive, the Brinson car I arrived in allowed me to enter the building without any questions asked. Patrik waited for me in the basement parking lot while I dragged my tired feet to the elevator to take me to the top floor. 

The first time my feet thread over the shiny, white marble tiles I felt awfully underdressed, and once again I found myself in the same position. Even though I changed out of my scrubs before I left the hospital, I was still nowhere dressed as professionally as the receptionist who stood behind a white quartz desk with her attention solely fixed on the silver computer in front. 

I didn't have the energy to admire the sophisticated space that was illuminated by the morning sun that shone in through the tall, ceiling to floor windows. The lady, whose name I remembered was Paula looked up from the computer screen and took a minute before she recognized me from the handful of times I was seen with Mitchell. "Ms. Brinson, I've been expecting you."

I grinned at the polite woman. "It's Mila and Mitchell asked me to collect something..."

"Yes, if you would go through to his office," Paula gestured to the door on her further right. 

I was lazy to walk to Mitchell's vacant office. I leaned against the desk, placed my elbow on the clean surface and rested my face on my palm. "I just got off work, could you please get it while I wait here?"

Paul looked at me with sympathy and just by her expression I knew her hands were tied. I stood straight and sighed. "Alright, I'll get it. Thanks, Paula."

I tucked hair behind my ears and dragged my tired legs towards the large door that led to Mitchell's opulent office. "What am I supposed to collect anyway?" I muttered under my breath as I pushed open the door. "A file? Package? A briefcase with a million dollars? Mitchell is terrible with detai-"

I stopped midway and froze in my spot with wide eyes. I wasn't too sure if I was surprised or perhaps flustered by what sat at the desk. "Mitch?" I breathed. 

Seated behind the desk, dressed smartly in a dark grey suit with his hair combed neatly backward and glasses covering his blue-grey eyes was Mitchell. He looked up from his laptop and I held my breath merely because of how handsome he looked. 

I forgot how good he looks in a suit. How am I supposed to be mad at him if he looks like that?!

A smile slowly grew over his face and I internally swooned at the dimples that formed on each cheek. When Mitchell knocked on my door in the middle of the night a little over a week ago, I didn't feel half as happy to see him as I did at that moment. 

He tossed a pen I hadn't noticed he held on the desk, pushed out his chair, and almost gracefully stood. My feet slowly moved at their own will as his long legs made their way to me. "Hi, Beautiful," his grin grew and in no time, he whipped me up in his arms. 

Mitchell mentioned he was to make a trip to New York but I expected him to tell me beforehand like he always did. His arms tightened around me, he buried his face in my hair and inhaled deeply. "I must've said this many times already but fuck, I missed you," he muttered and kissed the side of my head. 

His citrusy, cedar, musky scented cologne made its way to my nose and I inhaled deeply to appreciate his scent I loved so much as my arms wrapped around him. The warmth his body offered spread through the thin fabric of my top and made my heartbeat pick up pace by a fraction. 

After a long moment of being close to him, Mitchell pulled back but kept his arms around me. His smile never waned and he stared at me affectionately, "Surprised?"

"¿Qué estás haciendo aquí?" I breathed, still unable to believe he was right there. 

Mitchell playfully groaned. "It's way too early for my brain to turn into Google translate. English please?"

I blinked twice and half nodded. "What are you doing here? You said there's a package...I thought..."

"I didn't say there was a package," Mitchell typically corrected me. "I said there was something very important that you needed to collect."

"You're a thing now?" I raised a brow.

He dropped his hands to my lower back, intertwined his fingers, pulled me closer, and stared into my eyes as he spoke in a low tone, "I can be whatever you want me to be."

I placed my palm flat against his chest and futilely tried to push him back even though I wanted him as close as possible. "I'm being serious."

"That's a first."

"Mitchell," I glared up at him.

Mitchell's mouth twitched at the side forming a small smirk as he mischievously stared down into my eyes. "Don't try to be intimidating, you only look cute."

I pursed my lips and glowered bitterly which made him laugh and kiss my forehead. I fisted his chest softly and pretended to be annoyed but also couldn't suppress a grin. 

"I told you I'm going to be coming to New York for work soon," he finally explained. 

"Yeah, but why didn't you say anything?" I asked. "I would've made a better effort to look presentable. I look like I came back from the pits of hell."

"I wanted to surprise you," Mitchell flicked my nose which annoyed me. "And," he took a few steps back and stood at arm's length. His eyes scanned almost every inch of my body before he met my gaze again. "Turn around, let me get a three-sixty view to make a clear observation," he grasped my shoulders and tried to spin me around but I resisted and slapped his hand. 

Mitchell chuckled. "You're as beautiful as ever."

I pinched his arm to shut his smug ass up. Mitchell winced and glared at me like an injured kitten. "Just needed to make sure you were real," I innocently grinned with a sheepish shrug. 

Mitchell took a slow step forward with his hand extended to the same level as my breasts. "I need to get you back."

I covered my chest and warned him with my eyes. "Behave, you're at work."

"In my office," Mitchell smugly pointed out. "No one will dare disturb me."

I wholeheartedly smiled as I took in his appearance, as gorgeous as he looked, he was still a goofball around me and I missed him so much. I forgot about our playful mood, stepped forward, and caught him off guard when I rested my cheek against his chest and wrapped my arms around him. 

"I missed you," I whispered, shut my eyes, and enjoyed his scent and warmth. 

Mitchell took a second before he gently wrapped his arms around me and rested his chin on top of my head. "Me too, Baby."

"I wish this time you don't go back," I muttered more to myself. 

"Then I won't." 

I pulled back and glanced at him with furrowed brows. "Just like that?"

Mitchell ran his hands up and down my arms. "I didn't want to say anything until it was finalized but I've been put in charge of a construction project here."

His words were like music to my ears. I had so many doubts because of the distance between us but if what he said was true, it would've put to rest ninety-nine percent of my insecurities. "For how long?"

Mitchell shrugged. "Anything from nine months to a year. Maybe more, I can't say for sure at this moment."

My mood shifted, to have Mitchell in the same city for a year would've been a major help to our relationship. "Tell me you aren't kidding?"

"Do I kid?"

"True, you have no sense of humor," I mused to myself before I let out an excited squeal and jumped into his arms again. "This is the best news I've heard in a long time."

I played with the hair at the nape of his neck and squeezed my eyes shut while the smile never left my face. Everything seemed to be getting better, even Nowak wasn't such a pain in the ass the last week. Life appeared to have lifted except there was one thing that I was still too afraid to address...

Not the time to think of that.

Mitchell cupped each of my cheeks when we broke apart the hug and stared at me for a long moment. "I know I've said it already but it needs to be said in person."

"You've apologized every day in the last week and I told you, don't be sorry, be careful," I rolled my eyes.

"I'm sorry, Mila," Mitchell ignored my comments and earnestly spoke. "For being an ass, for neglecting you, for comparing what we have to my past, and for everything I've done to hurt you."

He inched his face closer and brushed his nose against mine. "I promise I'll do better."

I smiled and was about to peck his lips but his glasses hit my face. Mitchell moved back an inch and removed them while I pouted in disappointment. "But you look so sexy with them on."

"I have other priorities right now," Mitchell muttered and before I could respond he captured my lips in what started as a chaste kiss but quickly heated. 

Mitchell's hand dropped to my waist, his fingertips moved back and forth between the waistband of my jeans to the hemline of my shirt. Ever so teasingly, he purposely grazed his fingers over my exposed skin but the minute my body leaned into his touch, he pulled away.

To show my annoyance, I bit his bottom lip. Mitchell didn't seem too bothered, he grabbed the opportunity and slipped his tongue in my mouth. A small moan escaped my throat as he fervently violated my lips. One hand of Mitchell's slipped under my top and the contact set goosebumps all over my skin. His other hand dropped lower and I yelped when he slapped my butt. 

I pulled away rather breathlessly and stared at him wide-eyed. "You're in your office with Paula right outside. Behave yourself," I playfully scolded and tried to get away but gripped my lower back and interlocked his hands around me.

"You need to behave," he huskily said with his eyes fixated on my lips. He licked his bottom lip and gulped, "you know what biting does to me."

His tone, words, and stare flustered me and I felt the heat rush to my face and other parts of my body. "Mitch," I squirmed. "We should stop and pick this up later, it's neither professional nor appropriate to get carried away here." I looked around the room, "besides, I doubt you want security to have a front-row seat of their boss's boner via cameras."

"You think I'd be stupid to keep the cameras on when I was expecting you?" Mitchell arched a brow.

God, why is he extra hot today? 

"But you're right," Mitchell spoke in a less seductive tone. "I don't want to get interrupted, so let's go."

"It's only nine AM. One day without your boss and you're already slacking," I shook my head and clicked my tongue in feigned disappointment. 

"Here, I'm the boss," Mitchell cockily smirked. "Besides, I flew in late last night, preponed an early meeting to even earlier so I could have the rest of the day off with you."

"Have the rest of the day off with me or to get off with me?" I raised a brow. 

Mitchell shook his head and took my hand in his. "Let's go before I teach that smartass mouth a lesson right here."

I tilted my head to the side and smirked. "I'd like to see you try."

Mitchell's gaze darkened a shade and lowered to my lips for a second. "Mila."

"Mitch?" I lowered my gaze to his crotch and warned with my index finger, "comportarse niño!"

"Alright, we're leaving," Mitchell grasped my wrist and made a pit stop to his desk to get his phone, shut his laptop, and grabbed something from the desk drawer. "I almost forgot but I got you something."

Mitchell handed me a navy, velvet rectangular-shaped box. "Mitch..." I drawled. "What was the need for a gift? You're my boyfriend so blowjobs are given for free, no need for bribery."

Mitchell shot me a look of dismay. "Just open it."

I sighed and still wasn't used to Mitchell's habit of gifting me things. I opened the box and couldn't suppress a smile when I was greeted with a pair of silver earrings shaped into stethoscopes that curled into a heart. "These are adorable!"

"I thought so too," Mitchell grinned. "I saw them when Katie dragged me to go shopping with her and knew you'd like them."

There was a purple-colored stone in place of the diaphragm that sparkled. "I love it, thank you so much." I smiled and pecked his lips. 

"Anything for you," Mitchell smiled and before I could pull away, he grabbed me and planted a longer kiss over my lips.

"Now, you've earned a blowjob" I teased. "But later, I haven't slept in almost twenty-four hours."

"I'm aware," Mitchell stiffly nodded. "That's why I intend to get you into bed as soon as we reach my place." He buried his nose in my hair and inhaled, "I might need to get you in the shower first, you smell like a hospital."

"To wash up and sleep, right?" 

"Yeah, that too," he said as he led us to the exit.

"And did you say your place? What about Patrik who's still waiting –"

Mitchell stopped walking just as we reached the door, turned to me, and cut me off mid-sentence by kissing me. "I love you but shut up."

"Pelotudo," I cursed under my breath while my feet followed him out of the office. 

***

"Yeah, I just got here," I spoke loudly into my phone speaker over the loud noise of the belting rain against my umbrella. "I'll call you back once I'm in the apartment."

I hung up and sighed at Mitchell's overprotective nature. A week had passed since Mitchell gave me the great news of his shift to New York. Not much to my surprise, I spent every night at his until I had enough of traffic getting back and forth to work every morning, that I finally got back to my place. 

It was evening, I'd just gotten back from the hospital and Mitchell was paranoid because of the thunderstorm. He insisted to collect me as he did all week but I told him I was fine and Patrik was an experienced driver. Typically, he called just as I reached the building to make sure I got back safe. 

I waved goodbye to Patrik and took hurried steps into the building. I shut the umbrella and pushed wet strands of hair out of my face. Rain belted diagonally towards the building and the floors were a wet mess so I threaded carefully over the marble tiles. 

I couldn't wait to get home, shower, and dress into warm, comfortable clothing. However, as I took the first of two steps on the way to the elevator, I slipped on the wet floor. My midriff hit the edge of the top step and I fell with the cluttering sound of the contents of my bag falling out. "Joder!" I cursed and groaned in one. 

"Shit, Mila!" I glanced up and noticed Leo rush towards me. 

"Are you alright?" Leo, drenched from the rain, kneeled beside me and stared with concern in his eyes. 

"Hey, yeah," I placed my palm flat on the ground to stand but Leo gripped my forearm and helped. 

"Are you hurt?" Leo examined me. 

I shook my head. "No, I'm good."

"I tried to get to you as fast as I could but gravity beat me," Leo teased and caressed my forearm. He searched my eyes, "are you sure you're alright?"

"Perfecto." I grinned but my smile waned as I noticed the things from my bag scattered on the floor. 

"Let me," Leo put up a hand and kneeled to pick my stuff. 

"No, no," I kneeled just as quick. "I got it, don't worry."

I tried to push his hands away but he was stronger than me and obstinate to be a gentleman. "Leo, I'm not a damsel in distress, I can pick up my stuff."

I hurriedly shoved keys, cards, my phone, and other useless things that took up residence in my bag into it but searched for one specific thing. I gripped Leo's wrist, ready to scold him but stopped when I felt how abnormally warm his hand was to the touch. "Que coño..." I breathed. "You're so hot."

"Um thanks," Leo glanced at me from beneath his lashes then diverted his gaze to my hold on his wrist. "But I think it's very unethical to hit on me when you're not only seeing someone else but possibly carrying his child?"

I froze and went cold as Leo handed me a rectangular, blue-colored box with the word's pregnancy test written in bold.

A/N Thoughts? Is it a misunderstanding or could Mila be pregnant? And do you think Mitch knows?

Let me know what you think,
Till then,
Tina

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

167 48 34
(under editing, interested ones may reach out to me) In the symphony of love, their melodies intertwined, yet fate's chorus whispered no promise of f...
240K 12.7K 77
"Do you ever give being insufferable a rest? Don't you get tired of annoying me and then acting smug about it?" Mitchell annoyed asked the infuriatin...
6.1K 97 26
Kendall has always lived a quiet life in a small town in Illinois with her family, friends, and boyfriend Jordan. Her life had been mostly happy othe...
222K 13.3K 38
"So, let me get this straight. You stomped all over his paperwork?" She started. "Not intentionally, but yes," I confirmed it. "Threw a drink in hi...