Linked Fates

By Redyrode

Y/N is a young girl who, after saving enough money, finally took the leap to move to Japan. Unfortunately, in... More

Informations
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15

Chapter 5

422 14 0
By Redyrode

Notes :

- "Talk" // *Think*

__________________________________________

Y/N's POV

We all look around and see Anna.

   - "What do you mean by shaman ?"

   - "A shaman is a person who can communicate with the spirits. We're all shamans here. Well.. Except you, obviously."

   - "Heu.. you mean, like,heu,... excuse me, but... this really exists? Spirits ? Oh ok! I get it! It's a joke. You really scared me." I say while I laugh.

*Oh great. Everyone is looking at me with a straight face. Not uncomfortable at all.*

   - "Y/N, it's not a joke. Actually, a lot of spirits are around us right now. How do you think we can offer the house ?" Anna says as she's sitting next to the empty seat that Yoh spoke with.

*Ok Y/N. Calm down and think properly. Remember what mommy always says "never contradict the mad".*

   - "Do I need to remind you that you're our guest? It's disrespectful to look at us as if we were mad." Anna strongly says.

   - "Oh my god. You can read in my mind ??" I say a little too loud. She angrily looks at me "No, What I mean is.. it's just .. I have some difficulty believing in something I can't see but I'm into horoscopes and tarot so I think it's not impossible there are spirits around us".

   - "Horoscopes are stupids". Anna says as she seems to calm down.

*Yeah. Thanks Anna* I look at Manta who is very silent and looks very serious about all of this. I turn myself to Yoh 

  - "Soo, the reason you know so much about Amidamaru is because he is here ? I say as I look to the empty seat next to him.

   - "Yeah. He is my guardian ghost."

I look at Manta who has a serious face. *I'm not sure if it's true or if there are just making fun of me* I look at Yoh, then at the empty seat and say :

   - "Amidamaru, I'm sorry if I offend you."

   - "He says it's nothing. Don't worry, now that the misunderstanding is set. Do you have any questions?" Yoh calmly says with a smile.

Manta smiles and asks "Yeah, Amidamaru, how old were you when you became a samurai?"

Anna's POV

I look at Y/N. *I can see on her face she believes us only halfway.* After apologizing, she remained silent and wrote every answers Yoh told her since she can't hear Amidamaru. They only talked about how Amidamaru has impressed a daimyo, a Japanese nobleman, with his sword skills. Who was so impressed that he asked Amidamaru to work for him. Even after all the loyalty that Amidamaru gave to him, after so many lives he took for him, the daimyo still betrayed him by asking his man to kill him.

I look at the clock and see it's 7 p.m. I stood up so I could begin to cook dinner, I saw Y/N looking at me then at the clock as I left the living room.

Y/N's POV

I saw Anna stand up and see the hour. It's pretty late. 

   - "It's already 7 pm. I will leave you. Thank you so much for welcoming me and for your help Yoh.. and Amidamaru" I say with a smile as I pack my things.

   - " No problem" Yoh happily says.

   - "I'll walk you to the door" Manta says as he stands up with me.

We leave the living room and walk in front of the kitchen.

   - "Wait Manta, I'll say goodbye to Anna."

   - "Ok, I'll wait for you at the entrance."

I go to the kitchen and see Anna cutting the vegetables.

   - "What do you want ?" she says without even looking at me.

   - "I'm leaving so I want to say goodbye and thank you for welcoming me. You have a pretty home".

She stops cutting the vegetables and slowly looks at me.

   - "You don't believe us, don't you? I saw it the way you're acting earlier. You think we're crazy."

  - "May I be honest? I never really think about the fact that it can be true. Spirits, shaman, talking with the dead, for me, it's more like a fantasy or a grandmother's old story. Even if I think they can exist, I can ever have proof of it so it's just something I don't think about. For a long time, stories and tales tell the story of lost souls unable to pass into the other world. Didn't we say that in every tale, there is some truth in it? And if some people have the ability to see what it's invisible to others, I don't know if it's a gift or a curse. I suppose everyone has their own point of view."

She still looks at me silently.

   - "Anyways, It's getting late. It smells really good. Have a good evening and enjoy your meal".

I left the kitchen and met Manta at the entrance. I put my shoes back on and open the door

   - "I will retype all the notes on my computer and I'll send it to you when I'm finished. Have a nice evening. Bye Manta" I say as I leave the house and wave at him.

  - "Bye Y/N, go home safely" he says and waves at me back.

The evening is sweet. The streets are illuminated by the lights. *I can't stop thinking about spirits. Are they really here with us ? If they are, I prefer not to contradict them * I get home quickly.

When I got home, I took off my jacket and began to make dinner. Well, make dinner, I heat the water for the noodles. When it's ready, I put them in a bowl and sit on the sofa. I turn the tv on and put my favorite show on.

*Best. Dinner. Ever.I love that show! Why is it always too short? Ok. Time to work.* I take my laptop and begin to retape my notes from earlier. *I write the last word and finally ! After 1 hour I finished! Ok, now I send it to Manta and... done!* After my shower,I get ready to go to bed.

When I open my eyes, I find myself in an old village, like, very old with no load, no electric poles, thatched houses. I walk a little and see a couple of villagers wearing kimonos and a wooden basket. I can hear part of their conversation

   - " I'm really impatient to see him !"

   - "Yeah ! Me too! He is the best samurai in the country after all!"

*What kind of joke is it ? Where am I ?*

I follow them to a big square with many food and craft stands. There are many smiling and happy people. I step back and rush into someone

   - "Oh I'm sorry" I say as I look at him. It's a tall man with black hair.

   - "No problem! It's the first time I see you around. What's your name ?" he says with a smile

   - "I'm Y/N and you?"

   - "I'm Mosuke. Nice to meet you. Y/N, it's not a common name. Where are you coming from?"

*This guy looks nice but stay on your guard Y/N. First, I know where I am and what happens. Smile and look sweet*

  - "Yeah, nice to meet you too.... Mosuke ? May I ask you on which occasion is this feast?" I happily ask.

  - "Ah sure! It's to celebrate the victory of our best Samurai, oh look ! He's making his entrance"

I turn myself to the center of the square and see a tall man with long white hair, wearing a kimono with a katana on his hip, standing on a stage waving at the crowd who welcomes him with acclaim.

   - "Ok, he is pretty awesome but it's not enough to throw him my panties" I say to myself with a blank stare as I look at the bunch of girls who are, clearly, his biggest fan girls ready to do ..anything that will please him.

   - "Ahah Yeah. This is the effect it has on most girls. I think you're the first girl I meet who doesn't have a crush on him at first sight. And trust me, I have known him for a long time" Mosuke says with giggles.

    - "Really ? How do you know each other?"

   - "Oh. I'm the one who made Harusame. Actually, Amidamaru and I have known each other since childhood. And–"

   - "Wait ! How did you call him?"

   - "Amidamaru. I'm sure you have already heard of it! It's the most popular samurai in Japan"

   - "Amidamaru ? Like the one we talked about with Manta and Yoh? That's not real. I'm sure I'm dreaming"

Just as I finish my sentence, I wake up with a start in my bed. I take deep breaths to calm myself as I look at my phone and see it's 4am.

 - "Oh god. That's the last time I read so much about someone before going to bed."

After I calmed down I went back to sleep

Evening classes -

Manta's POV

"It was a nice presentation! I can see how much research you did for this project! Thank you, Manta, Y/N. You may return to your chairs. The next group will be – " the teacher says with a smile.

I look at Y/N as we return to our seats.

   - " Y/N, are you ok? You seem quieter than usual. Does this have anything to do with what we said at Yoh's home?"

*I remember how I was when Yoh told me about shaman. I completely freaked out but I believed him when I saw all the spirit around him but her, she can't see anything...*

   - "Mmm. Yeah, I'm ok.... it's just... There is a lot of information ... And my brain just blown up last night ahah" Y/N says with a smile

   - "What do you mean?"

   - "We talk so much more about Amidamaru than I dream about him. Ahah I was in an old village, and there is a stage in a big square with a lot of people who acclaim Amidamaru, the famous samurai."

I see Y/N laugh as she tells me her dream. I start to laugh with her.

   - "--- Looks like it was the last group. Thank you for your attention! See you next time"

Y/N and I pack our things and leave the building. I see Y/N looking at me pensively.

   - "Y/N, are you sure you're ok?"

   - "Yeah. I was thinking about Yoh and Anna. I did want to make them uncomfortable or anything. Do you know how they are doing ? I don't think they are crazy at all."

  - "Yeah. They're ok. Don't worry. I'm going to see them now, do you want to come ?" I say with a smile

  - "That's good. I'm relieved. And thank you for the invitation but I'm not sure. Maybe another time, ok?"Y/N with a smile

   - "No problem. See you soon!" I wave at her as we walk in different ways.

Y/N's POV

   - "Bye Manta !" I smile at him. *The evening is nice, oh I remember there is a cute sanctuary near here! I'm going to through the sanctuary on my way home* I take my earphones and put on my favorite song on the way there. *Woua, this sanctuary is so cool! I could stay there fore–*

   - "What is that noise ? I can hear it with my earphones on" I say to myself as I turn off my music. I move towards the source of the noise and see 2 guys in blue kimonos with yellow skirts playing guitar. In front of them, Yoh and a girl with pink hair. Yoh ran to them and fell on the ground, well fell, it's more like something had pushed him on the floor !

   - "Yoh ! Are you alright ?" I say, coming out of my hiding place and going next to Yoh.

I see everyone is looking at me *Oh great. What do I do now ? My body moves before I can't think !*

   - "Who are you ?!" The 2 singers say surprised.

I look at them and see behind them a car with a speaker and say with a smile :

   - " Ah heu, I'm a big fan of your song! So when I heard you had a concert here, I couldn't resist coming!"

   - "You hear that Zen ?? I told you we were famous!"

   - "Of course we're ! But even if you're a fan.."

   - "We will not spare..."

   - "someone who hasn't chosen..."

   - "TO BE IN HAO TEAM" they both say before singing a new verse. Before I can understand what happens, Yoh stands between us.

   - "Mister Yoh!"

   - "Tamao, Y/N stay back! Don't worry ! I will get Amidamaru back!"

*What just happened ?? I can see Yoh is having trouble but I see nothing! Is this what a shaman fight looks like?? I look behind me and see Tamao totally worried.

   - "So, Yoh, is this your weakness ?Help people ?"

  - "Let's see how you handle..."

  - " ..WHEN YOUR FRIEND IS IN TROUBLE !" the BoZ say, singing a new verse but this timing, towards Tamao, who is petrified on the spot. I see Yoh falling on his knees in front of Tamao after having taken the attack.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.8K 175 13
(Y/N) is a student at Nijigasaki High School and is a loner who typically spends his time alone doing his own thing. He doesn't start try to approach...
1.9K 76 5
The four dragon warriors given the blood of the dragon gods to protect the red dragon and never betray him. But did you know there was another dragon...
1.4K 35 9
................. IF I CAN'T LOVE YOU,................ .......... I'LL LOVE THE GHOST OF YOU....... A 16 year old girl, who was alone in this cruel w...
49.5K 4.1K 27
Just when Ishiguro Hotaru, a ghost of 16 years, was ready to move on and restart a new life, she is reincarnated back to her human form as the 16-yea...