Love is Love (OroJira)

By SanSevy

Jiraiya has always been crazy for the ladies, but once he starts to know Orochimaru better and see him differ... More

~Starts Without Knowing
~Night Out
~Mission Gone Wrong
~Because I Trust You
~Morning Analogy
~Bet It All
~Hebimaru Clan
~I Don't Regret It
~What's Different Now?
~Tsunade Finds Out
~Not Fair (SMUT)

~Nothing Will Change

819 30 16
By SanSevy

Warning and Note: Ok, this chapter is sad ngl, death is mentioned throughout all of it. More to say at the end of the chapter.

If it's been a while you haven't read the chapter before this one, I highly suggest you do since it happens exactly after it.

Also, in this fanfic, the reanimation jutsu can be done with other methods and not only by living sacrifices.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I hate death" were the first words out of Orochimaru after a long silence.

Jiraiya wasn't sure how to respond to this so he just kept silent.

"Death takes everything precious from everyone... I've seen it over and over again... and I'm tired"

He sounded exactly like that, tired but also frustrated which was relatively new for Jiraiya. 

"First my parents and everyone in my village... then Tsunade lost Nawaki and Dan...-"

Orochimaru was closing his fists as he kept saying other victims. Jiraiya couldn't stop looking at him. This is the most human he has seen him be. It all finally clicked for him, it all made sense now.

"And then Chiharu-"

"I think I understand what you mean-"

"NO YOU DON'T" said Orochimaru loudly looking at him in the eyes for the first time. 

"People are too fragile, that's why this keeps happening."

"And what do you reckon we do about it?" asked Jiraiya carefully. He was never one to think his words out before saying them but seeing how fragile his serpentine friend was in front of him, he needed to take things slow.

Orochimaru looked at him confused.

"What do you mean what we can do about it?" asked Orochimaru as he walked to the second hokage's forbidden scroll.

"The key is here! If I can find a way for the dead to revive and stay, I can then know how to maintain everyone strong and alive!" 

"Orochimaru-"

"I'm so close to the answer! I know I can do it!"

Jiraiya stood up from his seat "Orochimaru-"

"All I need is a little more time!"

"Orochimaru!"

"WHAT?" he responded hesitantly.

"What did your parents told you when you revived them?"

Orochimaru was stunned. "How did you-"

"I noticed that your mom's corpse has a tattoo on her neck.... the same ones that Minako's parents had..."

Minako is a fellow Konoha ninja with the same age as them and his parents sadly died a week ago in a mission gone wrong. When you reanimate someone with a person who died recently, not every aspect of the person's soul you want revived takes over the corpse.

Orochimaru couldn't close his mouth trying to spit words but he couldn't... all he could manage to get out were suddenly tears.

To this, Jiraiya was as stunned as he ever could be. Orochimaru, the person who always learnt everything so quickly, the one who made everything look so easy specially when it wasn't, the one who seemed confident at all times, the one who would never budge in to daily pleasures and studied all the time, the one Jiraiya felt he needed to one up all the time, the one who looked like it had everything under control.... was now crying... crying for help.

Jiraiya acted out of instinct and pulled Orochimaru into a hug. He felt him tense up on his chest until he couldn't hold it anymore and kept crying but he had both his arms between Jiraiya's chest and his face. As if trying to establish some sort of defense mechanism.

"I know I shouldn't have done it even if Minako gave me permission to take them after the funeral I NEVER WANTED TO GET TO THIS-" was all he could stutter.

"Is ok..." was all Jiraiya could say while he makes sure Orochimaru gets everything out of his system. Jiraiya just learned that he found him just on time because if he didn't, maybe this experiment would of escalated and would've done unspeakable things... he didn't want to think about that...

Orochimaru seemed to try and get out words.

"Hey... is ok... take your time..." said Jiraiya lowly.

This made Orochimaru lower his arms. Not having them shield him in the hug anymore and slowly wrapped his arms around Jiraiya.

Jiraiya couldn't help escape a side smile, mainly because he had never hugged Jiraiya back

'wait... why does that make me happy?'

'friends hug all the time'

'i normally hug my friends'

'but i don't feel like this hugging my other friends.........'

"My parents told me..."

The silence was finally broken and also the hug, which upset Jiraiya a little. Mostly because he wanted to keep comforting him.

"They told me a lot of things... they were very happy to see me and how much I grew up since then... I told them about you guys and how we became the sannins which made my dad very prideful saying it was because of his genes and my mom slapped him in the back like she always did" said Orochimaru with a chuckled after it. Jiraiya smiled.

"They asked me why they were here and I proceeded to explain my plans to bring them back, make everyone stay..."

The little joyous tone that Orochimaru had a second before disappeared and for some reason Jiraiya knew where this was going.

"When I said that, they got... sad" 

There was another moment of silence that Jiraiya didn't dare to break.

"I asked them why they were sad and they just looked at me, grabbed my hands and said that they were at peace... and that if it wasn't because it was me who interrupted it....... they would be upset."

Jiraiya could see how Orochimaru was battling with those words. Maybe he didn't understand what that meant completely.

"You know..." Jiraiya spoke and Orochimaru looked at him.

"Death is part of life... that's how I like to think about it. It doesn't mean is the end tho."

Orochimaru didn't quite understand yet.

"Your parents were sad of the thought of been brought back to life right?"

"Yes but I know is because they might think is impossible but if I keep on my track I can definitely make it happen." said slowly as if he was hearing himself talk.

"Orochimaru... think about it this way..." his eyes were back to Jiraiya again.

"Death is inevitable because is part of life. Some people are taken way too early, some people live a long life until nature calls for them. If you try to take them out of where they're supposed to be now, they will naturally not like it because they already belong in that next step of life... but if it's any consolation, no matter what scenario it is, is never a goodbye..."

Orochimaru opened his eyes widely.

"Is just a little disconnection until is your turn to be in the same place as them and you see them again in the next part of life.... but because we are here living, we don't like it and that's ok! Is ok if you don't like waiting but if you dwell on it, life will be way to hard to live, Orochimaru"

Jiraiya couldn't  help shedding a tear. Orochimaru couldn't take his eyes off Jiraiya. It looks like he finally understood and better yet, accepted.

"Live life cuz if you don't, I will definitely not leave you alone in the next life"

"You've being doing that since we met, Jiraiya"

"I guess nothing will change" said Jiraiya as he laughed loudly.

Orochimaru couldn't hold his chuckles either while he swiped away his last tear. Jiraiya pat him in the back.

Now they were back to their normal behavior towards each other or at least as normal it can get. A lot of new barriers were opened, especially for Orochimaru. He was never the type to share his life with anyone nor share emotions of any sort except pride at his work. Therefore, this meant a great deal for Jiraiya. He couldn't stop thinking about how close they are now while looking at Orochimaru chuckle.

"I should undo the jutsu completely on Minako's parents so I can return them to their... resting place"

Jiraiya smiled at him. "I'll help you return them"

"No, you don't need to get involved more than you already are." said Orochimaru turning around to the sink.

Jiraiya grabbed his hand without thinking which made Orochimaru look at him again.

"I said I'll help you. I know you don't need it but I will." said Jiraiya firmly.

Jiraiya couldn't break eye contact with him at this point. Orochimaru was looking at him with an expression Jiraiya couldn't read at all. Why was he looking at him like that???? was it him recognizing that Orochimaru didn't need his help but wanted to? was this a pride war? Yeah it definitely was cause... can't be anything else... 

Jiraiya clears his throat for some reason.

"I just... I would want a friend if I was in your position... that's all"

After a couple of silent seconds, Orochimaru gave him a small side small and Jiraiya tried to maintain calm. This was not a prideful smile, this was not a mocking smile... it was a real smile and soon to be the thing Jiraiya could not stop thinking about.

But it all went to shit in seconds after the door was opened harshly... open was not the correct word since it was completely in the floor now and where the door was supposed to be, was Tsunade.

"Had to slam the door! Nobody heard me trying to call you guys? Really? You guys are so annoying. Anyways, Sensei told me you guys were here and-"

Tsunade stopped talking once she finally noticed what was in the table of the lab and Jiraiya noticed how nervous Orochimaru was getting trying to say something so he just laid his hand on his shoulder.

"Don't worry, she's one of us. She'll understand. It will stay between the Legendary Sannins." smiled Jiraiya while saying that last part in making fun type of way trying to lighten the mood. He knew Tsunade would understand once she heard everything.

This made Orochimaru give him another small smile. 

'Couldn't you smile more often before? Is a good look on you..... WHAT AM I THINKING?'

"Ok ok" Tsunade said grabbing the door and tried her best to cover the entrance with it. She then took out a sake bottle out of her bag and three little cups. "These will make it easier so, tell me everything."

"I swear I have the weirdest teammates ever."

"Says the guy with snake powers, come on, spill it already"

They all laughed. This was the start of a BETTER friendship between the sannins for sure... 

but Jiraiya was definitely confused as to what he was feeling towards Orochimaru... hopefully he'll soon understand.

-----------

Hey guys... it's been a really long while huh? I was sure I was gonna delete this and pretend it never happened but a promise is a promise. I'm motivated to keep this story although it won't be a long one. Hope you guys liked this chapter even if it was mostly sad but it was needed :) 

ill probably shoot the next chapter tomorrow or monday 

btw art does NOT belong to me 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.3K 1.9K 46
What if Orochimaru found a reason to stay in Konohagukure? I mean love is a reason, right? What if Sakumo decided death wasn't the answer? Could the...
22K 346 63
You have an untold past that only the third hokage, you and Naruto Uzumaki knows. Naruto is your best friend at the hidden leaf academy. After gradua...
431K 14.3K 21
Sasunaru. Yaoi. Be warned. Sasuke and Naruto. Naruto and Sasuke. Team 7 goes on a mission, but when something happens and Naruto disappears, what wi...
182K 8.3K 34
It's been two years since the Danzo incident. Two whole years since the members of Team 7 have had any interaction with one another. But when an emer...