Shape Unsheltered

Shevongarraway által

READ! READ! SHAPE UNSPOKEN TO BETTER UNDERSTAND SHAPE UNSHELTERED. "CAN ALSO BE A STAND-ALONE BOOK" (#3 OF TH... Több

Authors note
PROLOGUE
CHAPTER -1-
CHAPTER -2-
CHAPTER -3-
CHAPTER - 4 -
CHAPTER -5-
CHAPTER -6-
CHAPTER-7-
CHAPTER -8-
CHAPTER -9-
CHAPTER -10-
CHAPTER -11-
CHAPTER -12-
CHAPTER -13-
CHAPTER-14-
CHAPTER -15-
CHAPTER -16-
CHAPTER -17-
CHAPTER -18-
CHAPTER -19-
CHAPTER -20-
CHAPTER -21-
CHAPTER -22-
CHAPTER -23-
CHAPTER -24-
CHAPTER -25-
CHAPTER -26-
CHAPTER -27-
CHAPTER -28-
CHAPTER -29-
CHAPTER -30-
CHAPTER -31-
CHAPTERS -32-
CHAPTER -33-
CHAPTER -34-
CHAPTER -35-
CHAPTER -36-
CHAPTER -37-
CHAPTER -38-
CHAPTER -39-
CHAPTER -40-
CHAPTER -41-
CHAPTER -42-
CHAPTER -43-
CHAPTER -44-
Chapter -45-
CHAPTER -46-
CHAPTER -47-
CHAPTER -48-
CHAPTER -50-
EPILOGUE

CHAPTER -49-

102 8 4
Shevongarraway által

HAPPY READING 🥰

AUTHOR NOTE_ Hey my lovelies, I couldn't say how sorry I am for the wait. A lot has been happening and first of all, I would like to thank you for your absolute patience with me and this story. You guys know I couldn't leave this story undone because of how dear it is to me. For all the private messages checking on me personally and calls from my friends you guys are the real MVP for the love ❤ I receive. Thank you for coming this far and I do appreciate the support. ❤ Below are images of Cindy and DeMarcus. Ashley Gahram and her husband are the ideal images I have in mind of Cindy and DeMarcus. (I do not own the rights to these pictures they are from Google)

Cindy Washington

Not a lot of people are practical in their thinking. Just because I choose to be practical and put my emotions in check to handle how I think concerning my life doesn't mean I do not love the way everyone does. It does not mean I do not associate the way everyone does in their day to day life. I just choose not to let love control how I handle any situation or how I direct my life anymore. Love has nothing to do with me making basic life decisions for myself and my family. Too many times women would drop their ambitions following a man only for him to turn around to say, if wasn't for me you couldn't do this, this and this. I would hate myself if it happened to me. Don't get me wrong I am not bashing men but often they want to eat bread with women they haven't struggled with. As a woman owning your own is priceless at the end of the day no one can take it away from you.

I would much rather be this way than have it thrown into my face that I did not try, didn't do anything, didn't push to accomplish my purpose, didn't have my own money, didn't contribute to my family because I couldn't provide. There is a new sense of purpose in my step and as I step off my sense of determination has increased. The more I fight for it, the more I have achieved in getting to this place. At one point I didn't know my own strength and the realisation is when a woman leaves she does it for herself. And in fighting for my purpose in this lifetime I not only found myself, but I also found strengths in places I never knew I had, I found courage and resilience. In the midst of it all, I am happy and I didn't lose sight of my dreams, pushing to accomplish them and finding the man I love, who not only accept my ambitious nature, he builds it all in the same process. How lucky am I or was it...

It has been two weeks since leaving the hospital. DeMarcus was adamant I wasn't going into work or doing so on my laptop for as long as he said so.

I mentally roll my eyes. I feel fine, my blood pressure has returned to normal and my doctor has cleared me for work gradually after two weeks of rest.

DeMarcus has been at my side at every turn I make and wouldn't you know he had a planner right alongside us planning our wedding. He is adamant that our wedding is before the year-end and I did not argue.

'Yah! Yah! I am getting married.' my subconscious did a little happy dance.

DeMarcus gave me time to think about what I want and what I want to put in place. Now that I know I am the owner of Kindle there is a lot I want to reevaluate and a new system I would love to put in place but he isn't having it as he is taking every word of Dr Andries's advice deep down in his heart that I'm to stay in bed and rest.

And to make sure that I do just that we are currently on a huge luxury yacht owned by my fiance without my laptop. I smile remembering the way he shut me up with all his manly dominance.

No matter how hard I argued he changed position and find ways and means to make me shut up about it. God, I love this man. If there is such a thing as engagement bliss, I am in it.

I couldn't wipe the smile off my face as I lay in his arms on the deck. It warms my heart that we are here alone, well not alone the staff is here and the wedding planner but you understand.

There were a lot of thoughts going through my mind. The way DeMarcus and I were vulnerable on another level, talking about our feelings and me sharing all that was on my heart. There was something about that moment the way I wanted to let go of everything if it means being in that position forever on a cramped hospital bed shearing our feelings and him calming not only my heart but my soul, only like he can.

So here I am sitting on the deck looking out to the ocean in the arms of the man I love soaking up the sun.

"You had enough sun?" DeMarcus asks.

"Just a little while longer," I say enjoying the heat.

Now that I think about it, there is a lot of self-discipline and strong will that comes with owning your own. There is a lot of self fight that makes it even more challenging but the minute that battle is over and you can press on knowing glorious days are coming.

Who knew I would own my own publishing establishment. It is my dream and this man-made it came through without my knowledge. How more great can this man be and he is in love with me, little old me. I couldn't help the smile that spreads across my face.

"What are you smiling about, that it almost breaks your face."

I chuckle, "only you can put this smile on my face, sir."

"Glad to know," he chuckles.

DeMarcus kiss my shoulder getting up. "Where are you going," I whine.

"You're such a baby at times," he chuckles.

"No, I'm not."

DeMarcus chuckles, "right you're not." I chuckle and he shakes his head.

"I am going to get lunch future, Mrs Granger."

"You heard the rumble in my tummy, didn't you."

"Loud and clear, so very out of order."

I laugh throwing back, "I appreciate you, sir."

DeMarcus laughs "because I didn't say a word."

"You were very gentleman-like," I say and he laughs.

"I will be back in a few," he says walking off with a smile on his lips. I lay back soaking up the warm heat and feeling our baby moving vigorously. Peanut probably enjoying the sun as much as I am or hungry.

A few minutes after DeMarcus walks back out with a tray of fruits, biscuits, cookies and juice. "Lunch is a little delayed so I get you this," he says.

"This will do just fine," I say.

DeMarcus place the tray between us sitting next to me and I sit up. "We are sailing back tonight."

"This means I am off of bedrest, sir," I say taking a chip.

"Yes ma'am. And you need to set a date for the long-overdue Christmas party and your announcement," DeMarcus says turning to me directly.

"Mr Danrad already set the date."

"It is up to you whether you want to go with that date or change it. Remember the company is yours."

"How can I forget that. I am looking forward to making some minor changes here and there but the date Mrs Danrad set is fine with me. I think it was the month she had decided on when the reports were out."

"When you say minor changes what does that entails."

"Well for starters I want junior editors for stories that have lots of potentials but the writers are a little miss guided. They will help in renaming and branding unseen writers. Then I want a literature team when the top picks have been made."

"Sounds like you have it figured out."

"There is still a few other things and department I want to open but all in due time."

"After the announcement will you take the lead or are you still questioning it."

"I'm not questioning it. It's just that, maybe I am a little nervous about it."

"Nervous? I never know you to be scared about any challenge."

"Not about the task persa'. It is more about me, you know. I always wanted it, fight for it now it's here I worried if I can do it. If I have enough experience to handle it."

"Without a doubt baby, I know you can. In everything, there will be challenges and sometimes questioning one's self. It has happened to me in every business deal I take on but my confidence is in acquiring all the knowledge I can and trusting my instincts."

Wait, hold up a minute. You see why I love this man unconditionally.

I nod in understanding.

"I believe you can do it, I know you will do it. Look at where you've started and the way you single-handedly turn your department around making the company rank number one. Your drive was even more when you saw how those numbers were low. Trust yourself, you can."

"I can," I say.

"With confidence baby."

"I can," I say with enthusiasm.

"Good now let us go home and you get ready to take the publishing world by storm."
____

The past week was on a high resolution as I return to work. Although I am taking it easy for my peanut and myself I was able to get a lot done.

"Hey boss lady," Allison says halfway into the door.

"Come in," I smile at her. I have retained her as my Secretary and Mrs Danrad as a senior manager. Mr Burk is heading the other branch and upon his retirement next year Mrs Danrad will take over that branch since she is doing a fantastic job here. And on my maternal leave, she will also be in charge until my return.

"Can you believe it," she stretches out her hands in front of me.

"Hugo put a ring on it," she says in a dream-like daze smiling like a schoolgirl.

"Yes girl, yes!" I laugh a little. I came home to probably a  hundred miss calls and voice mails from Allison screaming my ears off about her engagement and I felt like a proud mom seeing the way she smile and glow.

Hugo took her to dinner with their families, proposed in the presence of everyone. 

"Go girl work that finger," I cheer as Allison whip her hand back and forth. We both laugh and I join in whipping my ring next to her's.

"Cause if you liked it then you should have put a ring on it
If you liked it then you shoulda put a ring on it
Don't be mad once you see that he want it
If you liked it then you shoulda put a ring on it
Oh, oh, oh"

We sing Beyonce very off-key and whip our ring fingers. We laugh, clap our hands having a girl moment and celebrate our engagement. We are currently in my living room as I am living with DeMarcus.

"You guys didn't just sing Beyonce without me and very off-key might I add," Zoriah says walking into the living room with a bowl of chips.

Since Allison's engagement, this has been our anthem and the girls being over for us to dress together, for my company party we have been singing since they arrived.

Allison giggles "I can't get over it," she says.

"Let's do it again," Zoriah says.

"Cause if you liked it then you should have put a ring on it
If you liked it then you shoulda put a ring on it
Don't be mad once you see that he want it
If you liked it then you shoulda put a ring on it
Oh, oh, oh"

We sing in unison, getting up, whipping our hands, swaying our hips and laughing at our silliness. "Three engaged women in the building," Zoriah say with a big loud cheer.

"One pregnant and the other think she might be," Zoriah adds and we lunge at her.

"What? When?" I say.

"Nothing is confirmed, I'm late and I was too chicken to do the test."

"We can do it now I have a test in the bathroom," I say.

"No, no... Not today. Today is about you I'm not about to take your shine."

"Come off it, it's just a party. We can do it all." I say.

"Stop... It's not just a party it's your announcement and this can wait," Zoriah says.

"Ok, ok, I'm not going to push you. Just know when you're ready I am," I say.

"I'm here too," Allison says.

"Good that is all I need, for now," she says.

"You sure you're alright?" Allison asks and I take Zoriah's hand placing her to sit. Allison and I sit on either side of her.

"I am fine it's just the last time I was in such a rush and the test was negative."

"I didn't know you guys were trying," I say.

"We aren't, we're just making love unprotected and letting whatever happens... happen."

"You know you can't put pressure on yourself. You just relax and let nature takes its course," Allison says.

"I know... It's just that every month I'm this anxious mess and paranoid," Zoriah says.

"I know it will happen for you guys. Did you get a check-up, just to make sure everything is alright?" I ask.

"We both did," she answer.

"Good, now stop worrying about it and let your body be a peace to do its work," I say.

"Well I'm on the pill, I want to experience as much cordial bliss as I can before I have a little me running around," Allison says.

We burst out laughing, "I was too my dear," I say with laughter.

"You ladies aren't down here singing that put a ring on it thing again," Demarcus says walking into the room.

"No, but we are about to," I say and he walks back out of the room leaving us to ourselves.  I giggle he spoils me too much and the girls laugh.

"You know what time it is," Allison says.

"What," Zoriah says making a face.

"Cause if you liked it then you should have put a ring on it
If you liked it then you shoulda put a ring on it
Don't be mad once you see that he want it
If you liked it then you shoulda put a ring on it
Oh, oh, oh"

Zoriah and I join in as we sing loud and proud. Mostly to take Zoriah's mind off of everything for the time being.

"Time to get dressed for Cindy's party and I want to stun Hugo that after your party he rips my dress from my body," Allison says a few minutes after she throws herself onto the sofa.

"We have created a monster," Zoriah says shaking her head.

"No, he did," Allison reply.

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

517K 11.1K 37
| 𝟭𝟲𝘅 𝗙𝗘𝗔𝗧𝗨𝗥𝗘𝗗 · [EDITORS' CHOICE -- NOVEMBER 2020] [ONC 2020 Winner] Two strangers on separate trains, divided by uncaring glass. A bond...
1.4M 41.8K 51
Out of His League is now published by W by Wattpad Books! You can get your hands on the paperback or E-book edition from the following link: https:w...
15K 682 53
All his life Cole never knew his father only that he was human, so what happens when he goes to find his father along with his mate Skylar with lots...
687K 44.1K 62
❝In class, you said I reminded you of someone. Who is she?❞ ❝My wife. You remind me of my wife.❞ ━━━━━━...