Kingston

Bởi salvatoremily

She's the one thing he can't have. And it's killing him, because Kingston men always get what they want, don'... Xem Thêm

One.
Two.
Three.
Four.
Five.
Six.
Seven.
Eight.
Nine.
Ten.
Eleven.
Twelve.
Thirteen.
Fourteen.
Fifteen.
Sixteen.
Seventeen.
Eighteen.
Nineteen.
Twenty.
Twenty-one.
Twenty-two.
Twenty-three
Twenty-four
Twenty-five
Twenty-six
Twenty-seven
Twenty-eight
Twenty-nine
Thirty.
Thirty-one.
Thirty-two.
Thirty-three.
Thirty-four.
Thirty-five.
Thirty-six.
Thirty-seven.
Thirty-eight.
Thirty-nine.
Forty.
Forty-one.
Forty-two.
Forty-three.
Forty-four.
Forty-five.
Forty-six.
Forty-seven.
Forty-eight.
Forty-nine.
Fifty.
Fifty-one.
Fifty-two.
Fifty-three
Fifty-five.
Epilogue.
Author Note.

Fifty-four.

3K 79 6
Bởi salvatoremily

It was 2 weeks after Alys bachelorette party, 2 weeks since my first fight with a Kingston man, and today was Aly and Brendan's wedding.

It was a Wednesday, a regular, cold Wednesday in the first week of February. The weather was icy, it was getting colder each second.

Today, we'd go to the courthouse. We'd watch Aly and Brendan promise themselves to each other for the rest of their lives. Although Axle didn't deem it necessary to be there, I ensured he would, to watch his sister make the biggest commitment of her life.

There were other preparations in full swing as well, my own wedding. We decided to have a small scale wedding, an intimate church ceremony. And as for a reception afterwards, well Axle wasn't too focused on that and to be honest, neither was I.

Our ceremony would be family only, something more personal. And even though Axle wanted a big blowout, we decided not to do that, but plan to travel every city of the world together, starting from one end of the globe.

Today, he was in meetings for the entire morning. He woke me up before he left, gave me an iron tablet accompanied with a kiss on my collarbone. Things have been...hot between us. More intimate than it should be for an unmarried couple. But my body has gotten too used to him, and all fiery passion that he has for me.

As I lay in bed, after all the renovations I had done, looking around in our now blue and white bedroom, I felt a wave of happiness and affection toward my almost sister in law. I honestly couldn't wait to marry Axle, mostly for him but also for the sister I'd gain.

I glanced at the time and it was way later than anticipated. I got out of bed and followed the tradition I'd grown into here in my new home.

I thought of everything Lo had said to me when I addressed him 2 weeks back, how he said I would never be happy here, and everything would fizzle out eventually. It was then, that I realized I loved my brother too much, and he ended up hurting me. But not beyone repair, because I had someone to love me now.

I didn't want to write him off though, he was still my brother. And beside all the hurt and pain he caused Axle and I, I could never say that I didn't love him. I did. But he didn't deserve it. He deserved distance and to be alone. I decided to do just that, distance myself from him, not include him in any formalities of my wedding, or our future family events. For his own safety, I thought it best to keep Axle and him apart.

The kitchen was just repainted, together with the living room and other spaces that had dark paint. Walls were turned yellow, white, and sage green. I know he liked the changes, and I could see that it made him happy to see how comfortable I was in my home.

My papa and Valerie were getting further into their relationship as well. Val had moved in completely and I think he wanted to propose to her if I'm not mistaken. We had all gone out a few nights ago and papa seemed so nervous, so I figured it out.

They'd marry after us though, in a courthouse most probably. I was happy for my papa and the way his life turned around for the better.

I called my mother last week. I informed her about my wedding and invited her. She congratulated me but said she was in Italy and wouldn't attend. I was a bit sad at first but I got over it. I realized that she wouldn't show up for me, no matter the magnitude of occasion. And I came to terms with it. I wished her well for her travels and let it all go.

Today was a big day for Aly. She asked me to come to her house to help her get ready. With the huge belly, it was difficult to get things done. The chauffeur Axle hired was available for me, and I got dressed in a black Thierry Mugler button up shirt with a flowy skirt. It was very unlike me, and resembled something my Nonna would wear.

As I made my way to Alys house, I twisted my ring on my finger. The one I'd gotten for myself. I smiled at the thought that this would soon be replaced for a wedding band of my own. Though it was a lousy engagement ring, and he never got on one knee, and also this appeared to be a business arrangement, it all felt real. It felt exactly the way it should feel.

I knocked on the door of Aly and Brendan's apartment, and she answered the door slowly, waddling everywhere. I smiled at the sight of her in her huge robe I'd gotten her for her baby shower.

"Kat, oh my God you look like a grandma. Come in. Please." she said, and caught her breath.

"is it bad? Really grandma-ish?" I asked, and frowned.

"so grandma-ish. But I like it. Come, help me get dressed. I'm practically an invalid." she said, and I smiled. She was now five months along in her pregnancy, and she was getting bigger by the minute. If I didn't know any better, I'd think it was twins.

I helped her slip into a loose fitting white dress, sleeveless with small pink and white flowers everywhere. I helped her fasten her necklace and applied make up on her, whilst not leaving a single second of silence in between.

"we want to move into a house soon, before the baby comes."

"that's such good news! Have you found anywhere?"

"we did but it's a little out of our price range, I mean we can afford it but we need a little extra for the first few months." she said, and shrugged.

"Aly, you know Axe will help you out." I said, and tilted my head.

"I know, but I feel bad to ask. I mean, he doesn't exactly like Brendan. And it's weird to just ask him for money."

"uh, I disagree. With the last part. It's not a big deal Aly, he's your brother. He loves you, he'll do it for you, no one else." I said, and she smiled.

"you'll talk to him for me?"

"of course."

I helped her finish up her makeup, and it was time to get into the car and make our way to the courthouse.

"aren't you excited to marry the love of your life?" I asked, hoping for the perfect answer, so I knew exactly what to feel on my own wedding day.

"it all actually feels weird. Like it's not really happening, you know? But yes, I'm so excited. I can't wait. Even though these last few months with him have been incredible, I think once we're married it'll get even better."

Once we reached, I saw him. Waiting outside with his phone to his ear.

He saw me, and his face instantly softened. It was visible, in the way his lips parted and his eyes slowly fell on mine, almost enjoying the journey from feeling his anger dissipate. Whoever was on the phone, didn't get the end of the yelling because I showed up.

He opened the door for me and I stepped out, Brendan went around and opened the door for Aly.

"you look like a grandmother." he said, immediately, and then kissed my cheek.

"I know. I've heard that a lot today." I said, and frowned at him. He kissed my forehead and smiled.

"it's cute. Like mid 60's."

I rolled my eyes.

"you two are up next." he said, placing his hand on my waist and facing Aly and Brendan.

"no, our appointment is in half an hour." Aly said, and checked the time.

"they moved it around for me. Go, now." he said, and spoke with such finality.

They looked at each other briefly, then walked into the small room where they'd have the ceremony.

"this place is so quaint. You sure you don't want to have our ceremony here?" Axle asked, and twirled the ends of my hair with his finger. I watched as the dark black curled around his pale fingertip.

"I said it before, and I'll say it again, I will poison you Axle, and take all your money and run."

He chuckled and intertwined our fingers. Aly and Brendan faced us, as they joined hands and repeated after the priest.

Axle's eyes were plastered on my face throughout the duration of the ceremony. We signed the paperwork as witnesses and Aly and Brendan drove off into the sunset. Not literally, but into the world, as a married couple. We congratulated them, hugged them, and gave them our best wishes as they drove off to their apartment. They decided to save the money of a honeymoon for the child and all the expenses.

"Axe, we should've paid for their honeymoon." I said, as we walked to his shiny car.

He looked over at me. "didn't they say they wanted money for the baby?"

"they did, but what couple doesn't want to go on a honeymoon? And also, they need some help with a down-payment, and some other touches for their new home." I said, and looked at him silently pleading with my eyes. Though I knew it wouldn't take much convincing.

"I already pay for half their rent." he said, and opened the door for me.

I processed what he just said.

"howcome?"

"Vin owns the building they're moving into, he mentioned it to me and I told him I'll pay half the rent, but not to say a word. But I'll help out. With everything." he said, and put the key into the ignition but with his eyes still focused on me.

"that's such a sweet thing to do. You're such a good brother." I said, and smiled. I put my hand on his cheek and stroked his soft, freshly shaved face.

"prove it." he said, and I smiled as he pressed his lips to mine. His hands are fast, and immediately roamed all over my body.

I broke apart from his lips, even though it was the last thing I wanted to do.

"we're outside a courthouse. This is literally the most unromantic place we could ever make out in." I said, and he smiled.

"well, let's go home." he said, and intertwined our fingers.

"I was thinking about all the changes I made to the house, do you like them?"

He thought for a second, and his face remained indecipherable.

"I like it. The colors are great. And our bedroom is nice too. But as long as you like everything I'm happy."

I smiled. As we walked into our home, the sky was dark and it was about to rain heavily.

"do you have any meetings to go to tonight?" I asked, and kicked off my shoes.

"nothing. No night meetings anymore. My work hours are changing, from 8am to 6pm, like a regular working class man."

I laughed. "What?"

"have to get home to the wife." he said, and removed his cufflinks.

We walked upstairs and I opened my dresser drawer to slip into something else.

"that's really sweet, changing your work hours for me."

"it's no big deal. I am technically the boss."

"hm, well, boss, I promise to make it worth it." I said, and removed the flowy skirt I was in.

He sat at the edge of the bed and watched me.

"stop staring, it's rude." I said, and rolled my eyes at him.

"no, I'll look if I want to. I'm not just looking, I'm admiring. You're so fucking beautiful Katerina." he whispered and pulled me closer to him.

"Axle, I'm freezing cold. If I don't put pants on right now you'll have to take me to the emergency room."

He laughed as I slipped into my silk pajamas. We climbed into bed, at 5.30pm.

He lay next to me and looked at me as if he had a million things on his mind.

"Kat, I thought of a hundred ways to do this. And I know the way its done in the movies, how the guy makes a big show but when I thought about it, this is how I wanted it to be done. You know I'm not good at this whole romantic thing," he said, and tucked my hair behind my ears. He could probably feel my pulse racing.

"what is it?" I asked, hiding my nervousness.

"I should've done this a long time ago, and I wanted it to be intimate. Just us. Because I want it to be us for the rest of our lives. Thank you for saving me Katerina. And most importantly, thank you for loving me back to life. Thank you for bringing all the colors back, and changing all the grey to white. That's what you do, everything you touch, you bring to life. And I love you. And I want you to continue adding all the brightness you have for the rest of our lives together. So, marry me."

I wiped the tears from my eyes. Grasping onto every word he said, the romantic guitar music was probably all in my head any way. I processed it all and I felt every single word he said.

He pulled out a blue ring box, with a princess cut red diamond in the center. It was the size of a grape, and it looked absolutely stunning. "I remember our first date, you mentioned Harry Winston. Had this custom made for you,"

My eyes were misty from how he spoke. How beautiful the words he used were.

I looked at him, and the ring and I nodded.

"yes. Yes I will marry you." I said and smiled.

I sighed and he pulled me in and kissed me. Softly on my lips, I felt all the new possibilities of our lives together. Obviously I'd thought of it all before, just now, with the ring, it all felt final. It all felt real. And I loved it.

He slid the ring on my finger and I admired it.

He wiped the tears off my cheek and pulled me closer to him.

"I love you, Axle." I said, and put my hand on his cheek

"I love you too, cara mia."

He kissed me, as if it were for the last time.

And so, as the day ended, things had changed. My best friend was married, I was officially engaged to a man I loved more than life itself, and everything had finally fallen into place.

Maybe it's not the worst thing, to give in to temptation. To a desire you know has the power to burn down an entire city if it goes wrong. It's not always bad to break the rules sometimes, and feel the things you know can change your entire world. I did it, and if I could do it all again, in any lifetime, I'd find Axle Kingston, and I'd marry him.

Author note
Hi my beautiful readers. I want to thank you all for reaching this part of my story. We're now at the tail end of 'Kingston' and I'm so proud of how far it's come. I just want to say, the last part I have planned for you guys is going to be epic, and everything will fall into place, I promise. This part was mostly just to settle things with Alyssa, a very main and important part of this book. I know the views on her would be controversial, but I want you all to know that everything so far in this book has happened for a reason. The main theme of this book is all about fate, and all about the possibilities you never thought possible. It's about a love that can sustain you and make you feel things you never thought were real. The embodiment of this theme is our beloved Axle and Katerina. And so, as we approach the end, I want you all to know that I'm beyond grateful for every single one of you who soldiered through each and every part of the book. All the commenting and voting, and receiving all the notifications has been the highlight of every day ever since I started writing this book. All good things must come to an end. Again, I'm so thankful to all of you for coming so far. It means the world to me that you've given me a chance. I hope you enjoy our final part together. PS, I will edit and fix every error soon. I promise. Also, uploading the final parts in a few days. I love you all so much. Thank you. - E. <3

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

468K 9.9K 95
Jasmine De Leon, 22, heir to the Spanish mafia , a cold-hearted ruthless assassin, who's trying to keep her past hidden. Vincenzo Salvatore, 24, heir...
5.2M 102K 53
Jada Morales, reeling from a public and humiliating breakup, seeks refuge at a club where she encounters Ryder Young, a notorious New York lawyer. A...
293K 11.1K 31
Luca Romano is a force to be reckoned with - a powerful, wealthy man who commands respect and fear in equal measure. He's ruthless to his enemies, bu...
444K 7.6K 57
BOOK ONE : Desires Series In public I'm his queen,his dearest wife;in bed I'm his most obedient slut;the one he pleasures every night and in the morn...