Mistaken For A Guy

By Porshford

Having to bear a name that resembles that of a guy when in actual fact you're not one has its own effects. ... More

WELCOME FELLA 🤝🏻
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-one
Chapter Twenty-two
Chapter Twenty-three
Chapter Twenty-four
Chapter Twenty-five
Chapter Twenty-six
Chapter Twenty-seven
Chapter Twenty-eight
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-one
Chapter Thirty-two
Chapter Thirty-three
Chapter Thirty-four
Chapter Thirty-five
Chapter Thirty-six
Chapter Thirty-seven
Chapter Thirty-eight
Chapter Thirty-nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-one
Chapter Forty-two
Chapter Forty-three
Chapter Forty-four
Chapter Forty-five
Chapter Forty-six
Chapter Forty-seven
Chapter Forty-eight
Chapter Forty-nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-one
Chapter Fifty-two
Chapter Fifty-three
Chapter Fifty-four
Chapter Fifty-five
Chapter Fifty-six
Chapter Fifty-seven
Chapter Fifty-eight
Chapter Fifty-nine
Chapter Sixty
The Chapter nobody asked for...

Chapter Twenty-nine

236 23 4
By Porshford

Sam Lewis.

I slid off his back immediately we reached the banks of the lagoon.

We were now at the out of bounds area, the familiarity of the place tugging at me.

Amongst the shaded trees, I quickly recognized the one Jordan had sat on, those days when his mood got deflated. That very tree I climbed, sitting up there with him and offering words of comfort.

When we sneaked back to the hostel that night, I thought it was my first and last I was ever gonna be here.

And now here I am. Big congrats, yeah 😌.

Jordan finished tying his laces, standing up to his feet.

"You good?"

I turned my head at him.

"Yes. I should be asking you considering you carried out the major task. Did you break any bones?"

He chuckled.

"You don't exactly weigh much. What you be eating? Coz the first day I saw you in this school, I was like hey, that guy really got flesh?–"

Well, touché.

"–You were honestly that skinny but these two months we've been here, you've really put on some weight. You look healthy even."

I snorted.

"You don't have to make me feel better, Walterz."

"I'm for real." Jordan said, sincerity seeping into his tone. "You look less stressed than the first day I saw you."

That must be because of zero contact with my auntie!

"Alright, alright."I took steps ahead.

"So what's the next plan? How do we get outta here."

  "Kinda simple. We've done the difficult part of the plan already. All we have to do know is get out of here,walk stealthily past the watchman–"

I held out my index finger,"uh–uh don't give me that crappy idea of walking in front of an imaginary blind watchman. That man's eyes are as clear as the day!"

Jordan grinned lightly.

"Okay no objection. Then our alternative will be to use the other route. The one that leads to the Pope's convent."

I paused, thinking over.

"Are you serious? Them popes will probably be around! They had Mass celebration today after all."

Jordan flicked his phone on.

"See, it's 9:35. They might all be in their rooms either praying or reciting the Angelus."

I facepalmed. "So just in case we ran into them, what should I do to you apart from screaming an I told you so?"

He drummed his fingers against his chin.

"You could make me buy food and do your laundry for a week."

Sounds so good!

"Contrarily,"he took a step closer, allowing his voice to drop in a low sensual tone,"if I get us back to the hostel in peace, what should I do to you?"

His eyes to roamed methodically over my face, stopping at my lips.

"Because I gah a whole lotta things to do to you."

What's... that supposed to mean–

"Let's go boy!" Jordan announced increasing his steps ahead.

I picked up the remnants of my frazzled mind and put them together, doubling after him.

               ⛰️🏞️🏞️

We were back behind that big tree which made it difficult for anyone to see us even if they were staring our way.

The night watchman was at his spot, sitting cross-legged as he sipped something from a plastic cup.
His spot was between the two paths.

Per Jordan's plan,we were to take the path on the right– that's the path that leads to the Pope's convent while the opposite leads to the nuns'.

The watchman had his side profile facing us right now, and his back to the left route.

If we could tiptoe without him stirring or turning the least, then we'll be good to dash rightwards.

   "Are you ready?" Jordan whispered, resting his gaze fixedly on the man.

  "Yeah."I said in an equal whisper.

    "Okay on the count of three, we leave soundlessly. 3-–2–"

The screen of Jordan's phone lit up.

With wide eyes,we both stared at it, Samuel's name popping.

The phone rung, the typical iPhone tune. And very loud.

   "Shit."

We both muttered at once, our eyes finding their way to the watchman.

He visibly jumped out of his skin, his head swiveling fast to our direction. And slowly, he lowered his cup to the ground.

  "Run,run, run,run!" Jordan said for both of us and without waiting for confirmation from my brain, my legs took off.

We run like there were zombies after us.

By this time, the watchman had already caught view and was yelling at us to stop as he also stomped after us.

I was surprised of how a man of his age could really keep up with our pace.

   "Hey! Hey! Stop right there!"

He thought we crazy.

My heart was threatening to burst out of my ribcage as we dashed into the convent. Our running footsteps were polluting the quietness of the place.

It wouldn't be long before the Fathers come rushing out and questioning us.

In short,we were in some deep shit.

But the watchman was still on our tail.

  "Stop before I get hold of you! I've already caught you. Stop at once, hey! Asay stop, stay where you are!"

   "Jordan,"I panted,"we're dead."

   "Keep going Sam, just keep going. There ought to be a way out of here."

He held his hand towards me and I grabbed it before he was running with speed again, pulling me with him so I wasn't left behind.

I knew we were heading towards a dead end when the Jerusalem wall ahead came into view.

Jordan stopped completely.

"Shit, I'm sorry Sam." A deflated sigh escaped his lips.

My heart plummeted to the ground and I mentally picked it back, my anxiety growing as the watchman kept on eliminating the distance between.

"Asay stop!"

There was nothing we could do but to surrender. My eyes were boring holes into the barrier as if that could make it disappear.

  "Ah, wait."

Jordan started moving towards the portico of one of the convent buildings. Emphatically the building that belonged to the Bishop and other high priests.

  "What are you doing?"I whispered bewilderedly, watching from the corner of my eye as the watchman came into light.

Jordan gave me the wait gesture with his hand as he went for the large bell, ringing it loudly.

The clanking sound of it reverberated and it wasn't long before quick steps were heard, the popes zooming out of their respective rooms into the compound.

And proceeded to recite the rosary.

  "Let's go!" Jordan winked at me, dashing towards the last flat.

Unsure of what had just happened, I followed, glancing back at the class of popes with their eyes up, religiously reciting the prayer and not knowing it was a false alarm.

One thought run through my mind.

We lost sight of the night watchman.

He was probably stuck in the mass of crowd and compelled to recite with them.

  "Where are you going?"I wondered out as we ducked inside the room.

"The back of this building faces the convent of the nuns."he explained.

"We can escape through a window and get out, then we'll walk through the nuns' garden and end up on campus."

I was tongue-tied, watching him with disbelief.

"H-how do you do it?"

"What?"his eyes flickered self-consciously.

   "Strategically planning. You seem to wind your way out of trouble pretty quick."

He smiled tight-lippedly, slightly flustered. I could tell from the faint pink on his cheek.

We went straight ahead, opening the door to reveal a posh kitchen.

Jordan gave the glass windows a look. "I hope we can fit in."

It wasn't exactly big but then again, I was relieved it wasn't burglary proof.

Holy Mary, mother of God
Pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.
Prayer of St Michaels; St Michael the archangel...

Jordan and I turned to look at each other in swift. They were about to end the prayer!

  "Go, go,go!"I pushed Jordan to the kitchen counter and he immediately climbed atop, lifting the windows up.

   "Is it safe to land?"

"Yeah!" Jordan pushed himself through it, getting out at last.

"Woohoo!"he exclaimed happily.

  "I'm coming!"I announced, hurling myself over the counter.

I sent my legs first, through the window, slipping myself out. Then I couldn't move again.

   "Oi! Jordan I'm stuck man."

"Huh? No, no."

Jordan grabbed the back of my knees, assisting to pull me out but it didn't work.

"Ah, no."

  "I'm stuck!"I cried out. As my waist to legs were outside enjoying fresh air, my upper half was practically pinned on the counter.

  "Hold on." Jordan tried tugging me out again.

Forever and ever amen. We end the rosary prayer in the name of God the father...

  "They're almost done!"I shrieked, wriggling myself out wildly.

Desperate times call for desperate measures. My hoodie had shifted upwards, exposing my midriff but I was too worried for my escape to give much thought.

   "Yo, yo,relax." Jordan said, peeking his head through the small space that was left in the window.

"How can I relax when the person who rooms here is seconds in opening the door?!"

His chest brushed against mine as he pushed his upper body through.

Maybe I imagined I'd die of my auntie's abuse one day but guess it would be suffocation after all.

Forget about what I said.

"What are you doing?"I asked in a slight daze.

The window gave no room for space between us and so he was practically pinning me down by the chest. I should be worrying about the possibility of him feeling my boobs but my idiocy drove me to be thinking elsewhere.

Like how hard his chest was. How I could feel the rips underneath his chest. And the delicious feeling that coursed through me.

Again, forget I said that.

Jordan had his hands on either side of me and leaned in. I stilled.

"Gotcha!"he said with triumph, seeming to take off whatever had had me trapped on the counter because I felt myself gently shift forward.

"It was your shirt. It got hung on the drawer handle.

  "Aah. So it was it."

I prayed he wouldn't see my reddened cheeks.

Ha! What you think he do? As if.

Jordan entangled himself, pulling away and that's when we heard the banging of the door.

Shit.

I pushed myself out with so much force, I ended up kicking Jordan and losing my balance– worst much, I toppled over, sending both of us to the ground.

Jordan cursed as the window clicked shut.

He groaned, supporting himself up with his elbows.

My brows flew up in worry. "I'm sorry, did I hurt you?"

My hands automatically went to the back of head, running through the silkiness that was his hair and checking for any sign of injury.

  "I'm not sure. It's fine, just a minor ache."

Jordan spoke from beneath. I tensed again, becoming very aware of my position– I was straddling the guy.

I was so SamLewis–cie to freeze at such a position, blurring all my surroundings.

Jordan's eyes regarded me with heated intensity, his eyes flickering down south of my face as he murmured hoarsely.

"How do we keep on ending up in this position."

I trailed his bobbling Adam's apple, glancing back at his pretty eyes.

Wham! My subconscious slapped my inner head. C'mon, step up your disguise!

Geez, imma fragile human being!

But I obeyed that very instant, scrambling off him in so much haste like he was carrying a disease.

We scurried off, thankfully not meeting any other threatening obstacle and finally made it  back to the Gentility House.

    And that, fellas, is how you skip punishments after breaking your school's curfew.

___________

Thank you for readinggg!

Qotd: On a scale of one to ten, how suspicious do you think Jordan is,of our girl?

(Please you, yes you, refrain from being a silent reader okaayy? Sometimes you for comment your thoughts and answers kk 🥺😌)

Tbh like very honest, I'm so so grateful for the 909 reads and 109 votes!

Your comments literally make my day and they really giddy me up to update faster. (I'm for real)

Muchas gracias!

I hope to update pretty soon, now that my school is on break.
Take care of yourselves for me 🙂

— Ford.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

267K 9.8K 18
My dad kept on telling me that being a nerd isn't a bad thing and that I'm on the right track but I'm positive that being terrorized in the halls dai...
30.2K 783 15
Seventeen years old Sam Adams doesn't do well with people. He prefers staying home on the weekends and staying away from parties. He has only one fri...
49 1 15
Cress has been kicked out of every boarding school on the west coast, so when her uncle enrolls her at Curtain Academy, she doesn't hold out much hop...
6.9K 180 30
"Do you really love me?" What happens when an introverted girl meets one of the most popular guys in school? Nothing good, let me tell you that. She'...