My IAS Husband

By Aadya137

Ria is a loving-chirpy girl who is going abroad for a job. Her whole life got hitched when she gets married t... More

Author's Note
Chapter1: Proposal
Chapter 2: Celebration
Chapter 3: Niharika surprises well!
Chapter 4: Ria's bucket list
Chapter 5: Nishita 's Truth
Chapter 6 : Wedding Shopping
Chapter 7 : Baking lessons
Chapter 8: Noida
Chapter 9: Sukhi Dandi
Chapter 10: Not Meant for Me
Chapter 11: Rishi's Lessons
Chapter 12: What if I do?
Chapter 13: Last minute preparations
Chapter 14: Rishi is back
Chapter 15: Tilak
Chapter 16: Plan failed
Chapter 17: First Meet
Chapter 18: Finally it's happening!
Chapter 19: The Wedding Function
Chapter 20: Engagement
Chapter 21: First Date
Chapter 22: The Hidden Past
Chapter 24: Mehendi
Chapter 25: Bachelor's Party
Chapter 26 : Saath Feere
Chapter 27: First day
Chapter 28 : Haridwar
Chapter 29: Back to Benaras!
Chapter 30: Rishi is back
Chapter 31: Ria in Noida!
Chapter 32: Get Together

Chapter 23: Mending hearts

3.3K 132 24
By Aadya137

Arjun was having difficulty in getting rid of yellow marks that were not going even after so much washing for a long time. Sanjeev came there right at the moment and said,

"This much washing will hurt your hand. What the hell are you up to?" He said and forcibly pulled his hands to dry them from the towel.

"This looks like, you got from Haldi... calm down, it 'll go by tomorrow." He said while drying his hands.

In the meanwhile, Ria rashed out of her room after washup and was desperately looking for Niharika. She came to the courtyard next to the kitchen and saw no one except her Chachi and Bua passing by there at the moment.

"Ria, come here beta." Her Chachi called her up.

"Ji, Chachi," Ria said and greeted them all.

"Beta, who are you now looking for?" Her Chachi inquired. Before Ria could say, she was interrupted by her Bua.

"There is no way now, you can step out of the haveli... isn't Jiji?" Her Bua laughingly asked her.

"Why Bua?" Ria asked out of curiosity.

"You are right, Garima. Ria, from now onwards till your wedding, you shall need to be confined within the area of haveli!" Her Chachi explained clearly.

"Why only me Chachi, he..." Ria hesitated and could not continue. She was wondering that she is not even allowed to step out of the house and he will be staying in Noida.

"Anything wrong?" Her Chachi asked.

"Nothing, Chachi. I'll take leave then..." She said and quickly left.

"Who said we are developing? Still, orthodox customs are as usual followed..." She sighed.

Next, she went directly to her room. When she reached, she took the diary of 2015 and then left for Arjun's room. On the way, she saw a servant going to his room, carrying ironed clothes with him.

She seized the opportunity and asked the servant that she would send them to him away. She thought keeping the diary with the books and sending it to his Bhai would be a piece of cake but she never thought him to be present in the room by himself.

She got inside the room, kept the clothes, and was going to leave when Arjun called her suddenly. She was not prepared for such a sudden call.

"Had all servants died, what made you bring them for me?" Arjun asked out of annoyance.

"Bhai, don't get mad at them. I wanted to bring them for you, cant I bring them for my Bhai?" She said sweetly. She kept the clothes on the bed and sat with him next to the couch.

She continued, "Bhai, you have not at all changed. You are always into files. Always working, you should reserve some time for yourself!"

"I never felt that Ria... besides the main reason for my comeback was to help Papa in business. The more early I will get used to get involve in the system the better I'll be able to work, na?" He asked her.

"Who can win with words from you Bhai?"Ria admitted that she gave up right away.

After a while, there was a knock on the door by a servant. Tea with some snacks was brought on a tray by him.

"I know, you will not like to have tea in the late afternoon. What will you have? Sharbat will be better, isn't it?" He asked Ria. Without even getting the answer, he deliberately ordered,

"Ramesh, please bring some Sharbat for Ria!"

"Ji, Chotemalik right away!" He said and left.

"Bhai, there was no need." She replied gently.

"Anyway, I heard what your Chachi told you... if there is anything my little sister wants or likes to eat, you can tell your Bhai, alright?" He said while caressing her hair.

"You are the kindest brother in the world!" She side hugged him. They sat together reminiscing their childhood stories and then later, Arjun was giving her a little insight about the project in which he was next going to work.

After finishing her Sharbat, Ria was about to leave, when she said, " Bhai, do check these clothes on the bed, okay?" 

"Alright! I'll surely check." He answered. Ria went back happily.

After finishing his files, Arjun was going out when he saw his ironed clothes on the table. He thought to first keep them in the shelves and then leave. While he was going to carry them, his gaze shifted to the diary of the 2015 year. He holds the diary and said while wondering,

"How come such a old diary came with my clothes?"

He opened the diary and the first photo that he got was his own when he was going to Mumbai for a competition in his final year. Arjun was amazed to see how this photo was here. He remembered Niharika came to see off him from his hostel. It was a pose she demanded for her clicking the pic. The photo was taken by her.

Without wasting, much time he realized that the diary belonged to Niharika when she was in her final year of graduation in 2015.

3 March 2015

These days Arjun is very busy. We have very less time for meeting with each other. He is now in his final year of postgraduation. After this year, we will no longer be there in college to meet up. Today, we decided to meet in a cafe. He asked me to dress up in something orange.  He always appreciates when I dress up in orange. He said he was going to tell me about something. 

In the evening, I did special makeup, straighten my hair, and choose a very pretty orange dress for our date. We met as decided, he holds my hand and says, " I wanted to tell you firstly that I cracked IELTS and now in the morning, I got an offer to do my further studies abroad! Isn't it amazing! He continued," I was so happy, Niharika and I just thought to tell you first and then thought to throw a party for such an occasion!"

I said, "That's amazing! I'm really very excited for you! It's all your consistent hard work! You had canceled so many dates for achieving something like this!" I could only say that much. He held my hands closer and pecked my forehead. He said, "I know you had also suffered for this sake... but you know what besides this opportunity, there are many other working opportunities in India also for me. Sometimes, even going Abroad is not that important!" I could not relate to what was he up to. Then,  we had our favorite dishes, and later, he send me to my dormitory. I took this pic when he was not focussing on me in the cafe.

He read other pages which usually mentioned her daily life and him in every note. He never knew she was so into him. He said, "...if I was so important to her then why did she not tell me the truth?" He sighed and turned the page to come directly on last note.

 15 April 2015

Today, I got to hear Rahul sir talking with other seniors, that Arjun sir decided not to go abroad. I was so shocked since he had not yet told me about it. It had been a long while we last met and he also did not let me know about this important issue. Although I would always support him in either way but I always wanted him to go for further studies abroad! After they ended their chat I got to know that he did that for me and I got determined that I will never let him sacrifice anything for me!

In the evening, I knew he'll come to the auditorium to rehearse his lines for our next play so I called Aparna and gave her a few lines. She said, "Your relationship with him was a part of our bet! Now, that you won and the term is over, how are you going to deal with him?" "I know, I would definitely win the bet. The bet of successfully winning Arjun! I was just having fun with him for these days. Now, after the final year, we will definitely get separated. Anyway, who was serious from the beginning ?" I smirked while bragging.

I knew from the side mirror that Arjun was there listening to each and every word that I was saying. After I finished, he rushed from the auditorium without letting me know that he was present. I took this big step because I know that he is so determined that if I ask him to change his decision then he would never listen to me. Anyway, I broke his heart and when he left I cried madly. At night, he texted me,

"Let's get separated. I'll be abroad. Long-distance is difficult to handle."

I got brokenhearted the way he might had felt when he had listened to us in the auditorium. I also agreed with his text because I never wanted him to change his decision. He is my everything. I sacrificed my love for his bright future and I m having no regrets at all. Maybe in the future when he will be back, I will go to him and try to explain everything. I hope till then he will be still single because I'm going to remain single even if I not have him.

From, now on, nothing more to write because I lost my all!

He could see the lines were smudged due to drops of her tears. He was himself shocked for the girl, he created had hatred for four long years, was the most selfless and kindest person, that he had ever met. He was thinking that she pretended herself badly and made him change his decision for his future. He had a great setback. He recalled even that she called him in Ria's engagement to explain herself but that time, he refused to listen. 

He went out in rush and was looking for Niharika. He saw many people passing in the courtyard but did not find her. He was desperate to see her. He saw Ria's mother and did not hesitate to ask,"Bua, where are Ria and Niharika..?"

 Ria's mother told, "Ria is in her room, and Niharika, I sent her to bring Ria's kadas and bangles as given on order with the driver. She will be soon back before late evening." 

He was desperately waiting for her. He decided to keep calm till she is back. After dinner, when everyone went to rest in their rooms, Arjun went to Ria's room and asked,

"Where is Niharika?"

"Bhai, she might be on a walk on the terrace..." She answered.

Though she was the one who intentionally send her to the terrace on saying she will be back but she pretended to be innocent. Although, she was interested to know how Arjun was going to confront her but she also wanted to give them privacy to first get reconciled by themselves. So, she decided it's better to stay in her room itself than to disturb them. All she was happy was knowing that her plan was working.

Arjun rushed to terrace and saw Niharika was present in yellow Anarkali with open hair. She was walking enjoying the cold breeze over the moonlight at the porch. He went near her.

"Niharika, these many years..." He directly hugged her.

"Arjun, what happened? Are you alright?" She asked looking at his unusual state.

"You sacrificed our relationship for my future..." He said in a deep voice.

"How did you get to know about that?" She questioned.

"That is not important..." He replied back.

"....here I was the one who misunderstood you four years ago and even now, I was not willing to listen to anything about you. I'm really sorry Niharika. How can be someone be so mean?" He said after self-reflecting on himself.

"I really not deserve your love..." He said in an anxious state.

"If you really don't deserve my love then you would still doesn't care even after knowing the real truth of such a long past..." She said with teary eyes.

"The reason you are here still shows your sincerity to our relationship. Do you get it?" She cupped his face.

After a while, they sat together hand in hand under the moonlight reminscing their sweet memories of past.

"I never thought that I'm so fortunate to have you back, Niharika..." He said while kissing the holding hands.

"Its our destiny that again made us meet our paths and see, we are together..." She replied.

They both stood and had a small walk over the terrace, and then Arjun said,

"Now, no matter what happens you have to stay always by my side..."

"...but my posting is in Indore and you are in Benaras, how we will  be together then?" She asked him.

"What if I 'll come on weekends to meet, you baby..." He said and sweetly pecked her forehead.

"...but we need to be low profile here, okay? We can't let anyone know that..." Niharika shared her thoughts.

"I really don't care about what others will think... besides when we have finally met after a long time then there is no need to hide anything... " He deliberately put forward his point.

"...but I have to set my impression first na, why is it still so difficult for you?" She asked.

"Got it mam, everything you say..." He surrendered.

He raised her chin and gently started kissing her. Niharika first got a little stuck but then soon responded with some rhythm.

"Sorry for hurting you for these many days..."

He again pecked her forehead and then pulled her into a tight hug. Niharika was getting used to the warm embrace that she lost for four years. She had tears brimming in her eyes.

They finally went to Ria's room together. They saw Ria was watching TV while sitting in bed.

"So, you indirectly helped your Bhai?" Niharika asked joyfully.

"Ria, anything you ask, anytime alright? You have my word." Arjun assured. His hand slid to her shoulders.

"No need to gift me, Bhai!" She replied.

"Just make it up to her gradually... this girl has done a lot for you." She suggested.

"You can trust me completely. I wont dissapoint you for sure!" He assured. 

"Fine, its been late. I 'll leave you both here. See you next morning..." Saying so, he side hugged her and then left.

"Thankyou Ria, I just can't repay you what you did for me... I owe you so much... " Niharika said being grateful.

"Stop again, we are besties, we don't need to have such records..." Ria reminded.

"Now, let's get back to sleep! Goodnight and sweet dreams!" She said and then they slept.

There is morning Rishi reached his home in Noida. 

"It's been a long time sir, how are you? You extended your day-offs..." His PA asked while they were heading for his office.

"I know, I went there for one wedding, ad eventually mine got fixed too!" He replied.

"Congratulations! sir, would you like to take sweets before going to the office?" His PA suggested.

"Alright, just take to some good shop where these things are fresh..." Rishi demanded.

"Alright Sir, just in two minutes, we are reaching one of the famous shops here." He replied.

"What would you like to have?" The seller asked.

There was a wide range of sweets starting from Cham-Cham, Kaju katli, Peda, Barfi, Ladoo, and many other sweets.

"What are your breakfast ranges?" He asked.

" Sir, here is our menu for same. Please have a look..." The seller answered.

"Pack this one, add a fruit drink and pack Kaju Katli separately in boxes." He ordered.

"How many boxes do we need for our department?" He asked His PA.

"I think 20-25 boxes will be sufficient, Sir." He replied.

"Pack for 25 boxes then...." He ordered.

"Kindly wait for 10 minutes sir, please..." The seller asked.

His PA whispered, "Sir, I just thought to bring you here for sweets but you are treating the entire department breakfast... I had troubled you. Sorry, sir." He said while bowing down.

"It's fine, besides, it's my treat. You don't need to feel that way... alright? Just don't worry..." He replied gently with a smile. They took the packages and headed for his office.

"Distribute among them and see if everybody has them." He asked politely.

Throughout the day, Rishi was getting best wishes from colleagues and greetings calls for his wedding. Even the people from other departments were also congratulating him.

Ria was still covered with the blankets, sleeping when her mother came with her Mausi.

"See Niharika has already taken bath and this girl is still sleeping." She commented.

"Aunty, we were awake till late night besides I only told her to rest more." She replied.

"Beta, Ria wake up. You still need to learn a lot before going to inlaw's place." She tried to wake her up.

"Didi, let her sleep for some more time because once she is in her in-law's place, she will no longer sleep for long hours." She said while caressing her hair.

"Anu, it's been already nine of the morning. She should wake up now..." Her mother said deliberately.

"Aunty give us half an hour, I will bring her back to you," Niharika said and take the charge.

"Thanks, Beta. Its so good that you are with us." She complimented and then left with her Mausi.

"Ria, come on wake up. This is fourth time, I'm waking you up. Come on, it's already nine!" Niharika said patiently for waking her up.

"Just five more minutes..." She demanded.

"Alright... but this time last..." She said and began drying her wet hair.

After five minutes, she somehow managed to wake her up and then send her to wash up. They finally went to her mother's room.

"Anu, I know she faces tough time wearing Saree. Help her!" saying so, she left.

"Ria, in your inlaws place, Saree is a must to wear every day." She described.

"Even, your nightdresses, has to be saree, do you get it?" She confirmed.

She nods. "Let get started with wearing a proper saree, okay? Take this and come in your blouse." She ordered.

She showed her how to drape and then make pleats for the saree. Ria was keenly watching her and catching up with her well but at last, she said, "Mausi, all is fine but making pleats is tiresome. Keeping in free flow also looks good, isn't it?"

"You can always ask your husband for help!" Niharika teased.

"...but sometimes it is more convenient to practice more girls!" Her Mausi suggested.

She continued, "Ria, look at your pleats, they are not perfect, there you even have to put a veil and then manage your saree." 

"What? Lets call it a day... we will practice more some other day." Ria said as she wanted to escape.

"Get used to it as you have no way to escape..." Her Mausi said sweetly.

In the meanwhile, Niharika sends a picture of Ria to Rishi stating "Your wife is getting lessons on handling proper saree..."

"It seems she is not liking it..." He texted.

"Rishi is really concerned, haan?" She teased.

"Its not about liking. She is not used to it. Once, she is habituated, then normally she will get used to wearing it regularly." She replied back.

"Alright, I will be back, have some work, bye." He texted. 

"Yes, Ria now you got it right. Every day, wear it till your wedding date. Alright?" Her Mausi instructed her strictly.

"Fine..." She said halfheartedly.

They went to Arjun's room and saw him working on his laptop. Ria knocked on the door and then entered.

"Come, have seat." He asked.

"Bhai, you always like to spend time on the balcony."

She took the swing all by herself and as a result, Niharika had to take the seat next to him.

"It's not like that Ria. I sat here frequently only for enjoying the breeze when the weather is pleasant. Arjun was looking at Niharika's uneasiness.

"How about I borrow your friend for a day to spent the same way you went with Rishi?" He asked with a smirk.

"Bhai, how did you know about that?" She asked him in amazement.

"About what?" Arjun asked her back.

"Niharika, did you?" She asked while hinting at her.

"Don't think too far... Your Bhai knows everybody here...no doubt he would have known by his own contacts..." She explained.

"Fine, fine... Sorry, Bhai... I thought you would scold me if you know about that..." She explained while looking downwards.

"Of course, I would.." He was interrupted by Niharika who hinted to not get angry.

" Of course, I would have not scolded you, you only know your Bhai this much..." He stood, caress her hair, and then said,

"Don't hide next time. Let me know so that we can take your friend also with you..." He said making the environment much light and funnier.

"Anyway, Niharika let's go to some other place this afternoon. Be ready till then. I have some work to do so I'm going, you two enjoy the fresh breeze over here." He suggested.

"As you say Bhai..." Ria replied and Niharika blushes with a slight nod.

As decided Niharika went with Arjun and Ria spent time alone meeting new relatives which came now and then to see her.

"Where is Niharika ?" Her mother asked.

"Ma, she went with some relatives," She answered.

"Fine... Ria actually I had come to bring you to show something in my room. I have some surprise for you." She informed her.

"Really..." She asked with excitement.

"Let's go..." Ria said and went with her. 

When she switched on the lights,  she had her whole bed full of bangles and Kadas of almost all colors kind."Wow, Ma, is this all for me...?" She inquired.

" Of course, this all belongs to you..." She confirmed.

"My only daughter is marrying an IAS, there is no way I can do any sort of fewer arrangements for same.." She replied joyfully. Ria quickly took one box and started wearing the Kadas.

"See, its suits you really well..." She complimented.

"Ma, these are all very beautiful! Thanks, Ma," She said and hugged her tightly.

"I'm glad that you liked it..." She said while cupping her face.

Ria snapped a pic of her hand and send it to Rishi. She could do this because she had earlier done shopping with him for bangles. 

"How is it?" She texted.

Rishi was with his colleagues when he got this message. He excused himself and then checked the message.

"Beautiful..." 

Ria was slightly disappointed by getting his review. She thought he could add something more to it. Before she could reply, she saw he was shown offline as soon as he texted. She understood he was engaged in office so he might not reply properly.

Anyway, she again got busy in trying other bangles. After a while, he got a call from Rishi. She was a little amazed. She had not expected to get such a direct call. She calmed her nerves and then picked up the phone.

"Sorry, I might have disturbed you in your office time". She said abruptly before even listening to him.

"Only you have the right to disturb me." He replied gently.

Her heart skipped a beat. She was not able to think what to say next.

"Ria, are you there?" He asked.

"Yes, yes there..."She confirmed.

"It seems you are having your bangles shopping... isn't?" He tried to make the situation a little lighter.

"Yes..." She replied.

"It seems at least bangles and Kadas will not be gifts that I should prepare for you..." He said while smirking. 

"That means you will prepare gifts for me..." She said excitedly.

"Did I say that..." Rishi answered playfully.

"Okk wait there. I'll be coming in a minute. Alright Ria, held with some work, got to go, bye..bye."

He ended the phone call. There Arjun took Niharika on a long drive. They did not spend time in Varanasi but they went out. The weather was awesome and they were enjoying the cool breeze. He had her hands in his hands.

"You were abroad, I also betrayed you why are you still single?" She asked out of curiosity.

"Maybe because I could not get over my past..." He answered.

"Well, you have become IAS on your own, that's indeed really impressive...." He complimented her.

"I was so affected when you were left that the only thing I decided to concentrate on was my career." She replied.

"And see, now I'm lucky to get my going to be wife as an IAS officer." He said elatedly.

"Hey, you haven't proposed to me by the way and also I'm yet to answer.." She replied giddily.

"Oh, so you mean you want a proper proposal...is it? Arjun understood her temperament and asked to clear.

"Right..." She cleared.

"And then you will think and answer... haan?" He said while turning his steering to parking.

"So demanding..." He taunted.

"Marrying an IAS is not easy Mr..." She bragged.

"Ok, I got it, mam... We had finally reached the venue, let's go..." He told while parking the car.

"Let's see if this venue meets  your expectations..." He said when she came out of the car.

What did Arjun mean by that?

How many waited for their reconciliation?

If you liked this chapter then make sure you vote and also comment to show your enthusiasm. I'll be right back with another such chapter next weekend till then support this chapter!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.6K 183 50
Rishi Raj, 25 years old, a very handsome, arrogant, most cunning business man. He loves his family, for him everything comes after his family. For hi...
300K 29.2K 46
He is 25, she is 22... He is a Navy officer, she is a baker by profession... He is tall & handsome, she is short & pretty... He is calm & quiet, she...
5.3K 227 34
A Love cum Arranged love story !! A beautiful story of Disha and Rishabh that's filled with love. Udaipur ki simple si ladki aur Delhi ka famous Bus...
25.3K 1.2K 7
It's a typical arrange marriage story dating back to 80's. π™Žπ˜Όπ˜Όπ™‰π™‘π™„ π˜Όπ˜½π™ƒπ™„π™π˜Όπ™… π™ˆπ˜Όπ™‡π™ƒπ™Šπ™π™π˜Ό She is 18 y/o girl from a village having les...