Bosses and Butterflies

By goldmelanin17

[COMPLETED] ππ‘πŽπ‹πŽπ†π”π„ They're her boss. She's their assistant. They've been in love with her since t... More

INTRO
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY-ONE
TWENTY-TWO
TWENTY-THREE
TWENTY-FOUR
TWENTY-FIVE
TWENTY-SIX
TWENTY-SEVEN
TWENTY-EIGHT
TWENTY-NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY-ONE
THIRTY-TWO
THIRTY-THREE (Part 1)
THIRTY-THREE (Part 2)
THIRTY-FOUR
THIRTY-FIVE
THIRTY-SIX
THIRTY-SEVEN
THIRTY-EIGHT
THIRTY-NINE
FORTY
FORTY-ONE
FORTY-TWO
FORTY-THREE
FORTY-FIVE
EPILOGUE
MASON'S STORY

FORTY-FOUR

83.2K 3.7K 3.5K
By goldmelanin17

FORTY-FOUR
Callie

"So basically, I had a load of people after me. You know I did some bad things and I saw this as an opportunity to fake my death." Mason speaks out and I watch as Miller's eye twitches. "Probably not my finest moment but hey, we're all here. The gang back together again." He nudges Phoenix's shoulder, however, Phoenix doesn't budge.

"We fucking grieved for you, you piece of shit! Our girl did all of this for you! She risked stepping up on a ladder to decorate for you, you piece of fucking shit!" Phoenix grabs Mason by the collar and shoves him into the wall. Mason releases a nervous chuckle but his eyes are screaming for help.

"I apologise, Callie, for the inconvenience. It was very kind of you." Mason smiles and I can't help but return the gesture, just glad that the idiot is alive.

"Nix, let him go," I tell the angry man and it takes him a second before he shoves Mason one last time. He makes his way back over to me and steps behind my body, wrapping his strong arms around my waist — his hands resting protectively on my stomach.

"Why did you have people after you?" Everest furrows his eyebrows, his arms crossed over his chest as he leans against the desk. Mason has the audacity to smile brightly.

"So basically, —" here we fucking go. ",there was this shipment of drugs. Cocaine specifically, a hell of a drug might I add — anyway these pricks weren't going to pay me, I had a feeling. So when it came to the shipment I swapped the cocaine for icing powder. Turns out they were going to pay. Then they wanted me dead." Am I shocked? No.

"So they think you're dead now?" Mason nods his head with a proud smile on his face.

Miller steps towards his brother, looking at him for a few seconds before pulling him into a tight hug.

"Aww." I coo but roll my eyes when Phoenix scoffs behind me.

"You're lucky I don't kill you, Mason." Nix threatens and I turn my head to throw him a glare.

That was five months ago.

Now I'm nearly six months pregnant. Six months pregnant with a little boy. It's official, I am outnumbered.

I sink my toes into the warm sand and close my eyes as I feel the gentle warm wind brush against my glowing brown skin. We moved to Corfu two months ago and it's the best decision we ever made. The peacefulness, the waking up to beautiful sunrises, and the sex. Loads of it.

However, there's one person who has become an overprotective crazy man and as of right now, I know he's looking around for me. He never lets me out of his sight for more than five minutes — I've been out on the beach for twenty. I needed time to myself, away from Phoenix and his overpowering need to protect me from everything, even the local stray dog that always comes to our home for food and water.

"Callie!" I sigh.

There goes the peace. I look over my shoulder to see an angry Phoenix making his way towards me on the beach. I look back at the calm waves and place my hand over my bare stomach. I went for a swim but that's something I won't tell Nix because he'll scold me for being careless and tell me that I could have drowned or been eaten by a shark.

"I should fucking murder you." I roll my eyes at his empty threat. The man would murder himself before he ever laid a hand on me. "What were you thinking?"

"I was thinking how I wanted to come out here for a swim and some peace. But unfortunately, you've come along and ruined all of that." I retort, turning around fully to face the giant. "Nix, please. You're giving yourself unnecessary stress, I'm okay. Our baby is okay." I grab his hand and place his palm flat on my pregnant belly.

"You're not unnecessary stress. You're my woman, of course I'm going to worry about you." I relax slightly and reach up to stroke his five o'clock shadow. "You need to get ready, dinner with the family. Your parents are here too, they said they wanted to travel with us to the restaurant."

I squeal in excitement and start running back to the Villa so I can see my parents, even though they've moved out here also — well all of our family have moved out here — I see them all the time.

"Callie, fucking hell!" I ignore Phoenix and run up the steps and into our home.

I see my parents and run over to them and pull the two into a massive hug.

"Hello, sweetie." My mum greets with a warm smile etched onto her beautiful face. 

"How are you doing? The baby okay?" My dad questions in concern just as an out of breath Phoenix walks in.

"He won't be if she keeps running around. Callie, you could have tripped!" I look to my mother for help but she gives me a displeased look. I huff and throw my hands up in the air.

I won't win this one.

•••

"Here is the pregnant lady!" I roll my eyes at the sound of Mason's voice throughout the restaurant. "She's carrying my nephew." He tells some random old lady who looks at him like he's crazy. Probably because he is. "Sit next to me, Callie."

"Fuck off. Sunshine, come sit next to me." I grin at Everest and make my way over to him. He stands up from his chair and wraps his arms around me. I instantly melt into his warm embrace. "I love you, so fucking much." He whispers dreamily and I look up at him, resting my chin on his chest.

Then my eyes fall to the side of his neck. A new tattoo.

"Skull gave you a tattoo?" I whisper. Phoenix's brother also moved out here and started up his tattoo parlour which I work in now and again, much to Phoenix's displeasure. He hates me working there.

"Yeah, you like?" He raises his eyebrows and I lightly trace my finger around it.

"We all match!" I smile at the butterfly tattoo.

"Ew." I set my glare on Mason who holds his hands up and looks away from us.

"How's Everest Junior?" I shake my head and laugh lightly. Ev is adamant about naming our baby Everest Junior, of course, the other two men are not best pleased.

"He's fine." I don't bother to argue with him about the name. It won't be happening anyway.

"Hmm." He hums and pulls the chair out for me to take a seat.

As soon we've sat down I take a minute to look around the table and admire my family. My parents and Miller's parents talk over a glass of red wine. Ellis and Luca are bonding over weapons, probably. Annie is scolding Phoenix and Skull, the two siblings arguing with one another. My head turns to River and Poppy who both look to be in their own little world as Poppy places kisses all over River's beaming face. I rest my head on Everest's shoulder and smile at Miller who is sitting across the table from me.

"Isn't this sweet?" Mason rests his head on my shoulder and I look at him with raised eyebrows.

"Get the fuck off my girl, Mason, because I won't hesitate to reach over and kill you!" My eyes widen at Phoenix.

"Phoenix!" His mother wacks him around the head and I watch in amusement.

"You want some wine?" Mason asks, pouring himself a glass. "Oh shit, sorry." He smirks and raises the glass to his mouth, taking a massive gulp. "So I was thinking you could name your baby Mason the second. Sounds fitting, don't you think?"

I think I prefer Everest Junior.

As the evening dies down and the sun starts to set I end up being dragged to the beach by Everest with Phoenix and Miller close behind. Everyone else also follows, I'm pretty sure they're all drunk as well because as I look at River and Poppy they, look about ready to fuck each other on the beach.

"Sunshine, hurry up." Everest whines and I sigh.

"I can't walk that fast on the sand, Ev." I huff and squeal when he lifts me into his strong arms.

"Well, you were fine running earlier on." Phoenix retorts with a playful smile on his face.

"What?!" Miller exclaims and I close my eyes and bury my face into the crook of Ev's neck.

"Yeah, she was running like Usain Bolt earlier on today." Nix continues to dig me a bigger hole.

"My love, what have I said about running when you're pregnant?"

"Don't do it," I mumble.

After five minutes of walking, I'm placed gently back onto my feet. Our family is in the distance all talking as the four of us stand by the soft waves. I look towards the sky which is painted a pretty pink and yellow. So beautiful.

"What's happening?"

"I know all of us can't get married, but we want something that symbolises our love for you, baby," Miller says, stepping forward and reaching out for my hand. "We want to marry you in our own way." My eyes start to water as all three men get onto one knee and hold out a ring towards me.

I cover my mouth in shock.

"YAYYYY!!!" We all roll our eyes at Mason in the distance.

Marry you in our own way.

Fucking hell, I love these men with my whole heart! My bosses that give me crazy fucking butterflies.

"Sunshine, my knee hurts." I'm pulled out of my thoughts and look to see Everest wobbling on his knee. I struggle to hold back my giggle.

"Yes! I'll marry you!" I clap my hands in excitement and then I'm suddenly embraced by three pairs of arms. "I love you all so much!"

A/N
Not the end yet. One more chapter and then the Epilogue. Also thank you so much for 29k followers. I love and appreciate you all so much 💙

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.9M 338K 39
Needs editing and will be editing soon Alexis Miller is a 23 year old who is freshly out of college. She was hired right on the spot, when the owner...
8.7M 299K 45
[COMPLETED] "We both want you." Enzo tells me and I look cautiously at Killian who stares at me with an intense glare. I gulp and look away from the...
619K 21.1K 40
Julie is an accomplished Marketing Executive who has been single for a year after a messy breakup. When she meets a hot guy in a coffee shop, is she...
548K 20K 59
He stops talking at the sight of me and looks me up and down, leaning against my door frame. "Damn ma you look sexy as hell." I look myself in the m...