My Nepenthe

By souji28

Nepenthe-- a fictional medicine for sorrow, pain. "Drug of forgetfulness" My take on the "inspiration" scene... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
New OS
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
New story
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69

Chapter 65

744 86 78
By souji28

"She just reached the professor's house sir. She didn't call anyone on the way back. I am alert and on the watch."

"Good Ajay. She will have to return to the Oberoi mansion today and try to find a way to talk to Tej. Tell me if her husband comes to take her back," Girish instructed his spy.

"Do I need to do anything more to break the bond? He will still listen to us until we give the video to him."

"Do not test your luck too much Ajay. I still doubt if Omkara believed you. He might just be dancing to your tunes until he finds something to nab you. Gauri is as important to him as she is to us. We should speed up things so as to not give the Oberois time to get to the truth."

"But sir, even if he didn't believe us, we can continue to ..."

"No we cannot you idiot because we don't have a video to give to him. If we threaten him at gun point, he might agree but adamantly ask for proof. In that case, he might know about our bluff."

Ajay shut his mouth thereafter. Girish was indeed right. They were hanging by a thin thread of luck and if that snaps, they were doomed.

"Just be watchful and do nothing unless you are told to. It is not your job to think."

"Sure sir," he agreed and ended the call.

*******************************************************

Gauri waited until the door opened and quickly walked inside. She could feel eyes following her and it felt unnerving.

The moment she entered the house, she was enveloped in a protective embrace and she need not open her eyes to tell that it was her husband who had offered her the sense of safety.

"You are not going to repeat that stunt ever again," he mumbled to her and she nodded hugging him back.

"Thank god you came back in time Gauri or else Omkara was all set to step out of the house to get you," said Arjun's wife.

Gauri parted from her husband and looked at him with reprimand.

"You are making everyone worry Omkara ji."

"Why should I be the only one suffering?" came the reply and Arjun laughed shaking his head.

"Alright, you too must be having a lot to talk. Go and rest in your room. We will inform Himani and Mithila that you reached safely."

Omkara readily took the chance and whisked his wife away from the couple.

******************************************************************

"Gauri, you don't blame me for the fire accident right? Please tell me that you don't hate me. I promise I have no idea of anything and I would stand by you if my father had wronged you."

"What are you saying Omkara ji," Gauri said shaking her head in a no.

"I know that you will be with me but I also know that Girish Goenka was lying. He just set a trap Omkara ji. I am sure we will get to know the truth soon."

"If you ask me, my father can do anything. I won't believe him for a second."

"Shhh. This is your anger speaking. Calm down and think with a cool mind. If papa ji did this, he would have tried to eliminate all kinds of evidence that would have proved him wrong."

"Wasn't Karan saying the same thing? He said Mr. Oberoi sent the goons to kill Shukla."

"And gave him to Goenka? Come on Omkara ji. Shukla is kidnapped by Goenka, not papa ji. The culprit is Girish not papa ji."

"What was he saying about Mr. Oberoi killing your..." he started but stopped mid-sentence.

"Bade bhaiyya trusts your father and I trust your brother."

"Me too."

"So, let us not assume things."

"Whatever you say," he said and she smiled before kissing his cheek.

**************************************************************************

"Okay, so Gauri will return to the mansion tonight. I asked Bade papa to come over tomorrow," said Shivaay after ending his call with Tej Oberoi.

"Here are the pictures of Girish and my father," Karan said, handing over a set of photographs.

"Will they be any useful?"

"Ask your father and uncle to give a look. It might help in refreshing their memory. He might come up with that password sooner."

"What do you think is there in those tapes Karan? Do you believe that Bade papa.."

"Of course I believe that your uncle is capable of anything Shivaay."

"What? Then why are you.."

Shivaay stopped when his friend showed him the palm.

"Listen to everything I have to say," Karan said. "Those tapes have evidence to prove that Tej Oberoi started the fire accident. I have no doubt about it..."

"But Girish is lying...I..."

"Come on Shivaay. If he wasn't sure what the tapes contained, he wouldn't risk hiring me, Svetlana to get them to him. He wouldn't go to lengths of trapping Gauri and creating a rift with her husband to help that purpose."

Shivaay contemplated for a few seconds before nodding his head.

"So, the pictures are for real. Bade papa was the one responsible for the mill's accident."

"No, that is not true," Karan said making his friend frown in confusion.

"I can tell when my dad is lying. Haven't you observed how he avoided Gauri's eyes whenever he had to say a yes to Girish's statement?"

"Why would he? Do you think Girish is threatening him?"

"Of course. They threatened me with my father, Omkara with Gauri and they are now threatening my father with my safety."

"Believable enough. How long till we nab him then?"

"We want the password. We will not give it to him but we have to open those tapes. Gauri will give them the password in exchange of those tapes. Once we have that in our hands, my team will go in and arrest Girish. That's the plan."

"You say like it is so simple."

"It is easy Shivaay," Karan drawled and got a glare from the Oberoi.

"My brother won't be easy on us. Gauri cannot go there the next time. He will not allow it."

"Convince him like you did this time. I will double the security. I promise..."

"Your promises will not be considered Karan. I know Om and he will never again dare to do what he did today. I could feel his fear from this far and couldn't help but have guilt claw at me. If Anika was in that place I would have been the same."

"God! Why do you guys have to be so dramatic," Karan heaved a sigh and rubbed his face tiredly.

"It is not drama. It is love and from it comes the concern," said Shivaay.

"Shouldn't I be concerned about my father and find an easy way out of this mess Shivaay? Is that not love? This is the easiest path one can take."

Shivaay stared at the floor not knowing what to say. Everyone is right at their own places but who could help them.

"Fine. I will think of something else. For now, you go to the mansion to be with Anika. I will rest for a while and get on with this again."

"Thank you so much for understanding Karan," said Shivaay and gave his friend a grateful hug.

Karan hugged him back.

"I will try my best to end this charade sooner. Consider this as my way of apologizing for every wrong that I did with your family Shivaay."

"Accepted," the Oberoi heir nodded and bid his friend a bye.

****************************************

"Oh my maata, Anika Trivedi?" Pinky exclaimed.

"Hai rabba, I always thought Anika and Gauri had a connection. I wouldn't doubt that they are sisters. They are similar in too many ways," Kalyani said happily.

"Though they weren't aware of that fact, they were always present in each other's happiness mummy ji. Such a small world," Jhanvi smiled.

Pinky Oberoi couldn't believe her ears.

No matter what, she cannot let her daughter in law and her spoilt sister who dared to oppose her, live happily.

"Why are you two celebrating? Isn't it because of that Harshvardhan Trivedi that our family's honor was soiled? I am sure these girls married our sons to avenge their father," she said.

"Don't talk nonsense Pinky," scolded Kalyani.

"Why do you think that mummy ji. I just think for the good of our boys. They should be happy and..."

"And their happiness is with their respective wives. It is already late that you couldn't see it. I hope it doesn't get too late that your son comes to the realization that all you want is your win over his love," said Kalyani before she walked out, calling for her eldest grandson.

"For God's sake Pinky. Please share your son's happiness. Luck cannot always be on your side. Shivaay is already not in good terms with you and it won't take much pain for him to cut away the sheared strings of your bond. Don't make mistakes because you cannot afford them any longer," Jhanvi warned.

****************************************

"Om, when will Gauri reach?" Shivaay asked on the phone call.

"They are on their way there Shivaay. I asked Arjun to drop her off since we cannot risk to be seen together at the moment. I will start in some time once the police officer that Bhavya appointed, confirms that surroundings are safe."

"When did she start? Anika..." Shivaay started when the phone was snatched off his hands.

"Om, where is Gauri? How can you let her out of your sight? What if something bad happens again? I got her back after many years.. I.." Anika frantically went on.

"Hold on Bhabhi. You are sounding different. Is everything alright? Your tone... are you crying?"

"I..." Anika couldn't continue when Shivaay took over.

"Om, come home soon. We can talk once.."

"No, I want to know what this is about. Why is Anika Bhabhi crying? What else is wrong Shivaay. We already are in a mess big enough to.."

"Om please, I do not have energy to calm people anymore. Anika is alright."

"She sounded upset."

"She is worried about her sister."

"Sister?" Omkara frowned in confusion. "Who are you talking about? Wasn't she asking about Gauri?"

Shivaay sighed.

"Yes, your wife is her sister."

"What ?"

"Anika is Harshvardhan Trivedi's daughter and Gauri is her sister."

"WHAT? When did this ..." Omkara freaked out.

"Come home Om," Shivaay said before he ended the call, not hearing to his brother's screams.

***********************************

"Jiji, I missed you so much. I can't believe that I had you right in front of my eyes and I didn't know that you were my jiji," Omkara heard his wife's faint cry from outside the room.

"I think we should leave them alone for the night O," Rudra said from behind him.

Omkara looked at Shivaay who nodded his head to show his agreement.

The three brothers silently walked to the pool as they chewed on their thoughts.

"How Shivaay? When did you come to know of this?"

"Rudra and Anika happened to see the file in which Harshvardhan Trivedi's photograph was kept. Anika confirmed it is her father and sister."

"Chulbul Bhabhi was taken by the Sharma family. She never mentioned about the ashram in which she stayed with her sister else wouldn't we have made the connection?" Rudra wondered out loud.

"At that time of separation, Gauri was four years old Rudy. She wouldn't have remembered," Omkara said.

"All of this feels cinematic. Two estranged sisters who grew up at two different places and marry two brothers of the same family. I mean what are the chances O."

"I agree. I am yet to get the facts seep into my brain. You both had time for it."

"Everybody needs rest today I guess. So the two you will prefer to sleep here or will you get up and come to my room?"

"Why? I am sure Gauri will need me," Omkara said.

"Of course, Anika will call me too," Shivaay chorused.

Rudra gave a grin and stared at his married brothers for a moment longer than necessary. It made them look back at the closed door of Shivaay's bedroom and contemplate.

"Umm... uhh. I think it has been long since we had a boy's night. Isn't it?" Shivaay said in a false high tone while Omkara still longingly stared at his brother's room.

"Good decision," Rudra appreciated his eldest brother.

He then turned his other brother towards him "O!" he called.

"Hmmm?"

"Do not underestimate the power of batuuni Trivedi sisters. Come, or else you will have to sleep here," Rudra said and dragged him to his room.

*************************************

The next day morning,

"Shivaay, how will I know the password of that tape?" Tej Oberoi said.

Oberoi men, both the older and younger generation occupied seats in the study when Shivaay explained the situation to his father and uncle.

"You don't have it?"

"No. I promise I have no idea as to what they contain."

"Were you present at the mills when the accident happened?" Omkara asked his father.

Tej Oberoi and Shakti Oberoi exchanged worried looks which didn't go unnoticed by the rest.

"Bade papa," Shivaay stressed.

"You will have to tell us things. It is high time now."

"Yes, we were there," came the response.

"Can you elaborate?"

"That night, we got a call from Jaivardhan, our then production manager telling us that we need to have a look at a mistake in the manufacturing department," said Tej.

"When we went there, the flames have just started. Me and Bhaisaab tried to put them off. We tried to call for help but the network in the area was weak. It was then that Bhaisaab went in to get to the landline while I went outside to find help," Shakti Oberoi clarified.

"Jaivardhan..." Shivaay spelt the name thinking over it.

"Isn't it the same name we found in visitor's records? The one who is supposed to have talked to Svetlana?" Omkara asked and his brother nodded a yes.

"Take a look at these pictures. Tell me if you recognize the man," Shivaay handed over the photographs which Karan gave him.

Tej and Shakti examined them together.

"Shivaay, this man in here is Jaivardhan and the other person is Shukla. They worked for us," they said pointing to the picture.

"WHAT?" Omkara exclaimed and took the photos from them while Shivaay and Rudra looked equally stunned.

"That person is Girish Goenka. The man who talked to Gauri yesterday. You are saying he is Jaivardhan," Rudra explained the confused elders.

"Girish? No Rudy. That man in the pictures is Jaivardhan. We remember Girish and this man's image is nowhere near that."

The Oberois looked at one another.

If the man is Jaivardhan, why did Shukla address him as Girish?

Or wait...

Did he? Or did he not call him with the name?

Shivaay took out his phone to call Karan while the other two brothers tried to make sense of the puzzle.

*************************************************************************

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

70.7K 3.2K 15
seokjin adds concerning songs to his spotify playlist. others are apprehensive. --------------- nepenthe (n.) 1. a drug described in Homer's Odyssey...
54.6K 3.5K 31
A RIKARA story where Omkara and Gauri find each other again in a small hilly town of Shantinagar( fictional name made by me, sorry for any coincidenc...
59.3K 4.9K 22
Omkara has always believed that ishq is his khuda, his God, and yet he knows that maybe a love like that is not in his fate. His parents' failed marr...
59.9K 4.5K 24
The story of Omkara an emotionally dead man and his mistress, Gauri.