Lizzie of the North (Yrsoreth...

By E_Manawari

Stories of how to survive as an evil duke's daughter are nothing new. But then fate just had to, really had t... More

Welcome to the North
SEASON 1◦✿◦Prologue
1 ◦❀◦ Lizzie From The Slums
2 ◦✿◦ The Two Devils
3 ◦❀◦ The Bread Thief
4 ◦✿◦ Dead Garden of Red and Blue
5 ◦❀◦ The Meddling Gardener
6 ◦✿◦ Signed, Felizzia
7 ◦❀◦ Golden Cage
8 ◦✿◦ Song of the Slums
9 ◦❀◦ Meow and Cherry Lies
10 ◦✿◦ Petunia Has Come
11 ◦❀◦ Petunia Has Left
12 ◦✿◦ Journey to Second Frontier
13 ◦❀◦ Torture at Lunch
14 ◦✿◦ Torture Continued
15 ◦❀◦ The Bracelet Envy
16 ◦✿◦ Second Tragedy in an Ugly Dress
17 ◦❀◦ Animal Cries
18 ◦✿◦ Subtle Defiance
19 ◦❀◦ Men Are Wolves
20 ◦✿◦ The Hunter At Port
21 ◦❀◦ The Moon and the Sun
22 ◦✿◦ How to be a Lady
23 ◦❀◦ Screamers & One Lilia
24. ◦✿◦ Twelve Offers of Misfortune
25 ◦❀◦ Honey and "Honey"
26 ◦✿◦ Chaos in the Morning
27 ◦❀◦ Nordis Agenda
28 ◦✿◦ Gyllis Vaddenver
29 ◦❀◦ Crepes and Chaos
30 ◦✿◦ Lizzie in Orange
END 31 ◦❀◦ The Northern Wildfire
◦✿◦ Season 2 Prologue
32 ◦❀◦ Princess Lizzie
33 ◦✿◦ The Three Royal Idiots
34 ◦❀◦ Princess on a Cringefest
35 ◦✿◦ A Song for Silver
36 ◦❀◦ Man of Mystery
37 ◦✿◦ The King Abduction
38 ◦❀◦ Royals on Flea
39 ◦✿◦ Fun of Four
40 ◦❀◦ A Jar of Decision
41 ◦✿◦ Peas, Berries and Eyerolls
42 ◦❀◦Hut Stories
43 ◦✿◦ Welcome, Lizzie.
44 ◦❀◦Imperial Inn
45 ◦✿◦ The Imperial Family
46◦❀◦Not Friend Drama
47◦✿◦The Imperial Scandal
48◦❀◦Elopement: Day One
49 ◦✿◦ Medakaz Miracle Madness
51 ◦✿◦Some People Are Artists, Some People Are Just Pretty
52◦❀◦Secrets of the Portrait Hall
53◦✿◦In Sickness and In Sickness
54◦❀◦Yacuro Gold Gamble
55◦✿◦Arrows and Potions
56◦❀◦Two at Sunset
57◦✿◦Weddings, Questions and Swords
58◦❀◦The Aftermath
59◦✿◦The Sermon
60◦❀◦The Paper Storm
61◦✿◦Not Really Yours, Lizzie
62◦❀◦ The What Trilogy
63◦✿◦END
◦❀◦The Next Chapter◦❀◦

50◦❀◦The Fealty of Clementine Ursova

490 48 22
By E_Manawari

Before you read, I just wanna let you know that this may contain spoilers for the third book. So.. Enjoy!

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

Lizzie may be sheltered almost all her life, but the knowledge she learned from lessons and the people she met, as she performed her royal obligations gave her a wider view of the world.

She rarely met people that do not have any trade with Norvillon but she was aware of the different races outside the continent. She was particularly interested in the last remnant of a fallen empire, now fragmented into city-states and the kingdom of Syl Zulivar. The savages of the desert, as they are called.

Tanned to glorious ebony skin, bright silver eyes and high cheekbones. "Those who wield the brooms rival the beauty with a crown," is a famous line to describe the beauty of Syl Zulivarians. A commoner could compete with any royalty from any kingdom. But the Zulivarians beauty was only third to their fame. The second was their infamous alcohol, Gold Dovca. And first, was their militant strength.

Boys as young as fourteen go through years of training to be part or spare for the military. Although women are voluntary, their numbers aren't far behind the men's. "Even a newborn knows how to wield a weapon," they said. "And a toddler could slice your throat."

Those were bloated hearsays, she assumed, but the point still stands. How Lizzie knew of these was because of marriage. The former tzarina had sent an invitation to the nobles of different kingdoms for his son, the current tzar.

Lizzie even considered participating in the selection, and she knew well she had a chance, even not as the legal queen, but at least a consort. It was all because of Emperor Alexander's unusual invitation to the threat of war. And to win, she needed the kingdom that was excellent at it.

Staring at the beautiful thief, the beauty and the danger in one, ignited Lizzie's old curiosity about the said kingdom.

"For someone with quick hands, you have pretty weak feet," Alec said to the thief, struggling against Kef's hold.

The girl didn't reply, with her eyes only at the bottle in Alec's hand. "Give it back." There was a drive of desperation in her voice, and on the second time she repeated, it trembled. "Please, give it back."

"I cannot give you back something that isn't yours, my lady."

Her eyes were transparent with emotions, from anger to frustration. The messy strands of the thief's black bob hair stuck to her cheeks. She stopped wriggling and was now still, looking upon them. "I need it."

"What for?" Alec asked.

"My lady... my lady is dying. That potion is our only hope."

Is there even a cure for Wylola's Curse? Lizzie thought.

The tragedy was named after a noble in the faraway south a long time ago. The said woman was the center of high society but one day, she passed out and a deep red, to almost purple mark appeared on her skin that resembled a horizontal eight surrounded by vein-like zagged lines.

The mark itself was not painful, but it was draining her life, no matter how healthily she ate or what medicine she took. Her skin at times would become cold under the sun. The scholars and doctors could not give any answer. There was nothing wrong with her body, but she slept longer, slowly lost her appetite and her limbs become weak. Her senses dulled. The magicians could also not do anything but identify it as a curse, rather than a disease.

Lady Wylola died in her sleep.

And since then, there were only three recorded cases in history. But Lizzie knew there must be more, only hidden either because they were commoners or the stigma of the people in the said incurable disease was strong, and that the gods curse these people.

Lizzie knows., of all people, she must at least, know.

Kirien, her mother, was one of them.

The former duchess was not openly talked about in the family. Lizzie did not dare scratch Devanti's still an open wound and he was a man of few words. She researched on her own, and everything would always end in one conclusion. Sometimes she would wonder if the undying red flowers in the garden were where Kirien died.

"How can you ensure that she will be cured?" Lizzie asked. "There was no proven cure for the curse. And this is made by Medakaz."

The mysterious Medakaz. Although he was known to be a great mage, he counters his creations with great disadvantages. Proof of this was the Medakaz Gate. Although used for spatial travel, the portal causes side effects to most people with a low tolerance for magic, that lasted for days. Some people get sick, from terrible headaches to vomiting. There were other examples as well as if he was telling people through his work that magic had its consequences. This theory might apply to the potion.

"How can you be certain that your master will survive?"

"Anything is better than her dying!" was the reply.

The words echoed in the alleys, that even the cats at the heap of the trash ahead fled with a hiss.

"She does not deserve such fate."

"What's your name?" Lizzie asked after short heartbeats of silence, realizing that she was closer to the woman, half-kneeling to meet her eyes.

"...Katya."

"Don't lie." It was the first time Lizzie heard Alec in that voice, commanding, threatening even. Even if he was standing behind her, the pressure collected a chill on her nape. "Truth will do you good. I would always find a way Katya from Syl Sulivar."

"...Clementine," she finally answered. "Clementine Ursova."

"And your master?"

"I'd never hurt a dying woman," he stated to ensure Clementine. "What's her name?"

"...Aruna."

"Such a beautiful name," Lizzie whispered. She wondered how Clementine knew about the Medakaz Miracle put up in auction, especially within the secretive imperial museum and how from the kingdom desert below their continent traveled on time to Gran Dacchia. Was it a portal? Or was she already traveling when she caught wind of the auction news?

Despite these, what she was most curious about was the loyalty of such a servant to the mysterious woman with a curse. "You seem to love her so much... your master."

Clementine met Lizzie's eyes, it reflected fierce fealty. "My lady deserves more than life, more than being called a monster. They are not worthy of her, her tears, her smile.. they are not."

Good for you, Aruna. Lizzie thought, happy for a woman she never met.

"What will you do?" Alec snapped her out of her thoughts.

A sharp "What?" left her mouth.

"Do you want to give the cure?"

Why me? The question was plastered on her face that Alec had to answer as if she voiced it. "I'd leave the choice to you."

It was so wrong. Like it or not, they were raised as royals, taught to question intentions and only trust none to few. Yet here they are, one imperial prince dumping the choice on another princess about a bottle of a legendary curse.

"And there is nothing to worry about whatever your decision is."

Lizzie's gawking face darted from Alec to the girl still down to the ground. Nothing to worry about, my foot, she grumbled. Imagine mages, historians and nobles who'd kill to get their hands on the cure, no matter how vague its authenticity.

At the corner of her eyes, she caught a red butterfly, fluttering away into the shadows of the alley. She blinked and the red glow that trailed from it was gone. "...Give it to her..." already left Lizzie's mouth.

Alec didn't even bat an eye at her decision. He commanded Tillamo to cut off the woman's ties and the knight did. Alec tossed the bottle and Tillamo caught it in the air and then handed it to the dumbfounded Syl Sulivarian.

Once the bottle was molded in her palms, Clementine Ursova shed tears. She groveled to the ground whilst muttering repetitive sobs of "Thank you."

She stood and wiped her tears, eyes on Lizzie. "This favor will not be forgotten, Lizzie of the North." She curtsied, and the way she did pictured her as a noble. Then Clementine disappeared into the night. Kef and Tillamo were gone as well before Lizzie knew it. They might have been tailing the woman for assurances.

"Did I make the right decision?" she asked, eyes on the darkness. The breeze passed her face, along with the stench of trash and sewage.

Alec said a noncommittal "Who knows?" He fixed her wild strand and tucked them behind her ear.

What if the woman was lying? Was she that gullible?

But what if she was not?

The situation fully sunk in. Almost half a million of a gold bid. Does she have to pay for damages? She could, but it would be such a big waste. "Was that really alright? It was Medakaz Miracle you know."

"As the red butterflies willed, it shall be done," the prince repeated Diana's word the auctioneer stated before the bidding. "Mother may not look like it, but she's a believer of fate and all things unexplained. She was once rumored to be the seer of the future. Maybe tonight is one of those visions."

He casually offered his arm to her and they walked out of the alley. Alec assured her that she had nothing to worry about and that he would fix any mess that shall arise.

Only then did Lizzie recall the purpose of their bidding attendance, to fulfil the second on her list of wishes.

"And I thought you wanted to be a heroine or something," Alec added. "This is the closest thing I can find. I'm sorry you couldn't save the world."

Lizzie looked back to the alley where they came from, Ulbaim who was following them a few feet away did so, as if searching for enemies

The young lady smiled at the darkness. She couldn't be a heroine today. She couldn't save the whole world, but at least she saved one person's world.. or so she hoped.

At this time, Feliziia Norvillon had no clue. Her choice rippled chaos in the kingdom of sand across oceans.

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

tzarina- queen, empress

Anyway, Aruna best girl 🥺

Anyway, I need your thoughts. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.3K 124 14
Orealia is young daughter of the Duke of Redcliff. She is a child who has it all, yet when things don't go her way she ruins everything. A villainess...
245K 8.2K 78
ENGLISH An orphaned high school girl trying to live a normal life was caught up in a bullying issue which made her high school life difficult. One ti...
24.1K 998 26
Inure: (v.) To accustom to accept something undesirable, evil, or painful. An other worldly girl is reincarnated as Queen Estella de Royalis, the vil...
2.7K 640 54
Having no time for debutante ball after her coming-of-age ceremony, Lucelia left the barony to become the court lady. Ended up as a housekeeping maid...