Luna Queen's Fury

By Siberiantiggy

"How well can you know an abomination in sheep's clothing?" A chilling confession from a long-time hidden ene... More

Preface
1 Too Late...
2 Uncharted Territory
3 Dreams that Never Were
4 Stubborn
5 Lalune Vitalis
6 Formidable
7 Inbetween
8 Idiot
9 It's Time
10 What Am I to You?
11 Oranges
12 Sugar
13 Rotten
14 Pieces
15 Rusty
16 Roots
17 Gremlins
18 Ripple
19 Sage
20 Broken Barriers
21 Change Is In The Air...
22 Sick
23 Lurking
24 Nice Try
25 Preparation
26 The Little Things...
27 Little Fires
28 Never Too Busy For You
29 They're Coming
30 Imposters
31 Lies
32 Burn It Down
33 Play Nice...
34 House of Cards
35 What Could Go Wrong?
36 It's Time!
37 Breathe
38 At Last
39 Fairytale
Forgotten Christmas Bonus!

40 Mommy!!!

13K 857 1.5K
By Siberiantiggy

***5 years later***

Chris

*Flump*

Jess groans, rolling over as giggles break out in the pre-dawn hours and another thud sounds dangerously close to me.

"Mommy, mommy!" Our twins chant as they jump on the bed. "Wake up mommy!"

"Your kids are awake," Jess grumbles before rolling over and burying her face in the pillow.

"Our kids?" I tease, not opening my eyes yet.

As long as I don't make eye contact they'll stay calm-ish...

"Before dawn, they're all yours."

I chuckle and open my eyes seeing the twins still in pj's with bed heads looking half-feral. Sammy's black hair is somehow all brushed into his face, leaving me wondering how he sees at all. Emma is no better, as she peers through her tangled black mop. They squeal and pounce on me, driving the air from my lungs.

"Daddy, daddy!" they chant.

"I'm up, honest." Tucking one under each arm, I roll out of bed, taking them with me as they break down in fits of giggles.

'Thank you,' Jess whispers through the link. I swear she's back asleep before we even make it out of the room.

"Come on you little monsters," I playfully growl, hauling them back to their room. "Let's get dressed, then we'll do breakfast."

"But you said we're camping today!" Sammy whines.

"And fishing!" Emma adds with a pout.

"Darling, not even the fish are up yet," I reply with a chuckle. "Clothes, then food, then we go camping-"

"And fishing?" she presses, her golden-brown puppy dog eyes trained on me.

"And fishing," I concede with a sigh.

Turns out camping and fishing is a perfect motivator and has the kids eagerly getting ready for the day. I barely get Sammy's shirt over his head and he bolts off towards the dining hall with his sister in tow.

"Raven!" Nex hisses in the hallway. "Raven, get back here!"

The little girl crashes into me, blinded by the shirt half wrapped around her face. I manage to catch her before she falls and tug the purple unicorn shirt down properly. Her midnight locks spill in wild waves around her face as she looks up with her dark eyes and smiles.

"Better hurry up or they'll eat it all on ya," I tease with a wink. Raven bolts after her friends practically flying down the stairs.

"Whatever they're on, I'll take a venti," Nex groans. He looks half-asleep still, with his hair a mess from sleep. "Claire and Xander are already down there with 'em."

"God bless the morning people."

Nex scoffs and shakes his head before turning back to his room. "Freaks of nature... Gimme five and we'll meet you down there."

"Right," I scoff knowing them better than that. "If I don't see you guys in an hour, I'm sending the entire hoard up to get you."

Nex pauses and looks over his shoulder, arching a brow. "You're evil."

"We have a schedule to keep and I'm not about to set up tents solo," I counter.

He mutters something under his breath and shuts the door, no doubt going back to bed. I creep back into our room and Jess is sleeping softly, her hair spilling around her wildly.

"Baby..." I whisper. "The hoard is up... and eager."

Jess reaches out from the blanket and tugs me lightly to fall into bed next to her. I can't help but laugh as she snuggles up against me, laying her head on my chest.

"This is cheating," I deadpan. She nuzzles my chest, sliding her hand across my waist.

"Ten more minutes," she murmurs.

"Five," I counter. "There'll be plenty of time to relax later on."

"Fine."

I breathe deep and pull her closer, savouring her scent and how she feels pressed up against me. Before long my eyes get heavy and her rhythmic breathing lulls me off.

-----

Nearly an hour later, we're showered and on our way to the dining hall. Already, the seductive scent of breakfast beckons to us from the hallway.

The center of the room is commotion, as warriors and kids alike crowd the griddle as Jace serves up character pancakes. Emma squeals in delight as he flips a pretty little sunflower-shaped pancake on her plate and Claire tosses some raspberries on top.

Playboy is in his glory, looking like a mad scientist with his coloured batter bottles while Claire maintains order and keeps everything from burning down.

The once quiet halls are now full of kids, breathing new life into the royal pack and fueling their purpose. Everything changed with Xander, the first of a nearly thirty pup spike. Still Waters and the royal pack have officially blended, with no division left.

A strange vacuum was left after the Shadowman was defeated, leaving the shattered royal pack looking for a new sense of purpose. Pups gave them that. Everything from rebuilding and expanding to making play yards and starting work on a school.

With the pack cleaned and unified, it's clear that any one of the guards would give their life for any pup, as it should be. Everything we do is to safeguard our future.

"Look who showed up," Jace teases as Mira carries Amara over on her hip. Unlike the other kids, she clings on to her mom, not fully awake yet. He kisses his baby girl on the top of her head before stealing a kiss from his mate.

"Coffee?" Mira asks, passing her sleepy girl over to Jess, who takes her as naturally as Emma. Amara lays her head on Jess' shoulder, her strawberry blond locks hiding her face and a moment later, her eyelids flutter shut.

"The biggest one you've got," I reply with a chuckle.

Emma reaches for me and I pick her up, sitting her on my hip as she munches on her pancake and looks around.

Raven and Sammy sit with forks ready to snag the next pancake-like feral beasts while Xander and Logan sit and wait patiently with their dads. Claire waves over some help, having had enough, and waddles over, gesturing for us to take a seat.

"God, I don't miss that stage," Jess groans in sympathy, eyes locked on Claire's full-term belly.

"I won't lie and say I'm not looking forward to being done," Claire says, rubbing her belly. "But she's been easier than Xander, so I won't complain."

"Well, the cabin is yours," I say, leaving no room for argument. That she wants to go camping this late-term is mind-boggling, so she can at least have a proper bed.

"Speaking of which, the gear is already out there. We just have to haul the gremlins out and set up the tents," Jess adds. She caresses Amara's cheek, lightly rousing the little girl so that her mom can take her back after dropping coffee off for me and herself.

"Why did we have to get morning kids?! They get that from you," Jess grumbles, giving me a pointed look as Amara snuggles sleepily against Mira.

Emma smiles up at me and shoves a raspberry into my mouth. "Don't listen to Mommy, she's just cranky," I assure her.

Jess rolls her eyes and takes a waffle stick from the plate in front of her. When Emma finishes her pancake she grabs a waffle stick and holds it out to Jess' stomach.

"Got to aim higher," I tease as Jess takes the offered waffle stick.

Having had her fill, Emma slips off my lap and runs over to the other kids to play. By the time everyone is washed up, the big vans are waiting out front to shuttle us to the cabin.

I work alongside Jude, in a well-rehearsed rhythm, strapping the kids in as Jess and Chloe guide them in. It takes us longer to strap all five kids in than it does to make the short drive to our destination. Royalty has its privileges, one of which is commandeering a guard cabin by a small lake for a weekend camping getaway.

I smile, pulling up and seeing Ethan and his friends hard at work setting up camp. He's really bulking up now, nearly as tall as me and packing on muscle at a frightening rate.

"Look who finally showed up," Ethan teases with a crooked grin as he works on setting up a tent.

"I wasn't sure you'd make it this year," I muse, leaving the kids to the others as I head over to help him.

Something flashes in his golden eyes before he shakes it away. "Tradition Pops, who am I to shake it?"

I grab the other end of the large canvas tent and help him stretch it out. "You should never feel obligated-"

"Relax old man," he teases, his grin growing. "I wouldn't miss this for the world... won't be long before you're back in Still Waters... I'm gonna miss the little rugrats." His gaze shifts to the vehicle where the kids are slowly emerging.

Parents pray to have big brothers as understanding and patient as Ethan is with the twins. Thirteen years separate them but he's been Jess' perfect little helper the entire time.

"Ethan!" Raven and Emma squeal, crashing into him. He has them both on a hip each and leaves me holding the tent as he gives them his personal tour of the campsite.

Arms snake around my waist and Jess presses flush against my back. "This is perfect," she murmurs.

We've made a point to do camping trips a couple of times a year, just us, as a way to destress and enjoy our extended family. Never far from the palace but just a simple slice of carefree living.

"Wait 'till you see the best part." Jess slips around my side, brow arched as I catch her curiosity. "Come on."

I lead her a short distance away from the main camp towards the water and stop at a hammock overlooking the water. Jess grins and runs her fingers along the fabric. "I love it."

"Daddy," Emma calls from the main camp, holding her little fishing rod. "You said we'd go fishing!" She adds a pout and puppy dog eyes for complete effect, not that she needed them.

"So I did, princess," I say with a chuckle.

"Go, we'll finish setting up." Jess leans up for a quick kiss and pushes off my chest before heading back over to camp.

"Come on, let's grab the rest of the gear and the others and we'll see what we can do." Emma happily follows me around, toting her purple tackle box and fishing rod while I grab my gear and spare rods for the other kids.

All morning is spent fishing with the kids and Nex. I spend more time taking off fish and baiting hooks than I do fishing myself. Emma catches the first fish and sets the pace.

For lunch, Jude and Chloe bring down trays of hotdogs, chips, and pop. Emma refuses to stop fishing, managing to hook one with hotdogs in one hand and her fishing rod in the other.

"Emma honey, you need to pick one," Jude chides, taking the fish off as he tries to pry the rod away from her. Logan just laughs, his crystal blue eyes sparkling in the sun as he watches his dad and Emma struggle to not drop the fish or lunch. He may have his dad's blue eyes but he has his mom's chestnut locks.

Jude gives up and takes a seat next to me and wipes his hand before picking up a beer and burger. "She's determined, I'll give her that," he grunts, nodding at Emma. Logan now sits next to her, holding the bowl of chips they share.

"That's all Jess," I reply with a chuckle. I live for days like this, hanging out with friends and family as our kids make memories.

It's funny to think how rough my relationship started with Jude, yet now I'd trust him with my mate or kids any day.

"Oh?" Chloe muses as Jude pulls her onto his lap. "Hear that, babe? Jess is the bullheaded one." She grins at me, knowing I can't dispute her dig. Jude smiles blissfully at his mate and I take that as my signal to leave, as now the kids are back at the water.

Mid-afternoon, the fishing slows down and the kids finally tire out. We clean up and head back up to the campsite for a breather. They've set the big canvas tent off to the side, close enough to keep an eye on but not so close that we'd disturb them at the fireside late at night.

One by one, the kids wash up and slip into the big tent. As usual, Sammy is the last, and grumbles when Jess sends him off to join them for a nap.

"You got a minute?" Ethan asks, passing me a beer.

"Of course." I take the ice-cold beverage and follow him back down to the dock. "What's on your mind?"

"You're as bad as mom sometimes," he replies with a wry laugh.

"Well, you didn't just invite me down for a beer by the lake," I counter.

"I could have." He laughs knowing he's caught. I've come to know him well in our short time together and he knows it.

"I just wanted to say thanks," he murmurs, looking over the water.

I take a sip of my beer and cock my head. "For what?"

"For everything." Ethan turns his attention to me, looking to have aged right in front of me. "I know I wasn't an easy kid. It took a lot to get here, and I never said thanks for being my dad."

My chest tightens at his words and his sincerity. He has struggled with emotion from day one, so to say this must be very hard for him.

"You never need to thank me kid, I'd do it all over again in a heartbeat." My own voice is thick and choked with emotion. "We will always be here for you, no matter what. You know this right?"

"Yeah," he replies with a smile. "Not that I'm kicking you out tomorrow." His teasing tone shifts the mood back to the young man I'm more familiar with.

"Good. Have you sorted your friends out now then?"

"You mean did my friends sort each other out yet?" he counters. "Lexi is going to be shadowing uncle Jace, Link is with Jude, and Jax is with Xavier."

Thinking over how his friends have been, that makes perfect sense. They've all worked with us from time to time but it became apparent quickly that Lexi had that sharpness to outmatch both boys.

"You don't look surprised?" he asks. "Not gonna warn me it's a bad idea?"

"Sara would kick my ass," I say, tossing my head back for a laugh. "What matters at the end of the day is that you are comfortable and trust your people. She's smart and a quick thinker... I think she'll do well."

"I'm glad I have you to show me the ropes," he admits after a while. "The thought of figuring it out on my own..." Ethan just shakes his head as he trails off.

"We're not going anywhere until you're ready," I assure him, laying a hand on his shoulder.

"So never?" He scoffs.

"Let's not be hasty," I deadpan.

Jess walks down and slips in between us, wrapping her arms around our waists.

"You guys aren't going to talk shop all weekend are you?" She chides. Her golden gaze shifts pointedly between us proving that wasn't a question but a statement.

"No Ma," Ethan groans. He tosses back the rest of his beer and slips away back to camp, leaving us on the dock alone.

"What was that all about?" she asks, turning towards me.

"Father-son talk, nothing major I promise." I wrap her up in my arms, savouring how she feels. Jess sighs and lays her head down on my chest.

"He's worried about taking over," she says, having missed nothing.

"I'd worry if he didn't," I admit. Every alpha worries about how his son will handle taking over his pack. Some are too headstrong and lead to foolhardy mistakes. Knowing that Ethan is more cautious and wise leaves me with no doubts he will do well.

"That's not going to happen for a while though, right?" Jess murmurs, looking up at me.

"Baby, he's nineteen... I took over Still Waters when I was eighteen," I offer, trying to reason with her. "He'll tell us when he's ready, but there's no rush."

Jess sighs but doesn't argue. She knows the time is coming but it's hard for her to think about leaving Ethan. Our old home back in Still Waters is nearly rebuilt and the packs are once again dividing in preparation.

"Come on, smells like dinner is nearly done." I guide Jess back up to the campsite with my arm around her waist.

Music plays in the background as Nex and Jace work on cooking up a storm. The kids are busy playing and eating under the watchful eyes of the other parents.

"Hungry?" Emma asks, holding out a chicken wing for Jess. Jess flinches, scrunching up her nose and shakes her head.

"Don't mind if I do." I take a bite and laugh as Emma's eyes go wide.

"Daddy, that's not yours!" She pouts, pulling it away.

I scoop her up and she giggles, wrapping an arm around my neck as she holds the half-eaten chicken wing as far away as possible.

"What? You only want to feed Mommy? Where's mine?" I tease. Emma shrieks as I fake bite her but she refuses to give up the chicken wing.

"But Mommy needs it!" She whines.

"Thank you sweetheart, but give it to Daddy," Jess mumbles, pulling another face.

"But you love my wings," Jace groans. He lifts a plate full of ribs and Jess happily takes one.

"I'm craving ribs, is that so big of a deal..." The words die on her lips as one of her hands drops to her stomach and her eyes go wide.

"Are you?!" I gasp, unable to get out my question properly.

"Oh, you are getting neutered," Jess growls, glaring at me.

Mira is here in an instant, the air shimmering around her as she scans Jess. She bites her lip to stop from grinning, looks up, and nods.

Jess takes a deep breath and sighs but a sliver of excitement feeds back through our bond. She may have been scared at first but motherhood suits her and our kids are flourishing.

Something nags at me as I think back to all the times that Emma has tried to feed Jess...

"Emma baby, did you know?" I ask, shifting her on my hip to get a better look. She grins at me and nods, so proud of herself. "But how?"

"Mommy's green has red now," she replies with a shrug.

"Green has red?" I parrot back, completely lost. "What on earth does that mean?!"

Jess' eyes light up as she moves over to scoop up Emma. The look on her face says those colours mean way more to her than they do to the rest of us.

"Sweetheart, what colour is daddy?" Jess asks, shifting her gaze to me.

Emma giggles and hides against Jess' neck, unsure of all of the attention she's now getting. "Like the sun Mommy."

"That's right baby girl, you're so clever, aren't you? And Uncle Jude?" She slowly walks over to Jude and Chloe. Emma doesn't take her head out from the crook of Jess' neck.

"Like the river." Emma's voice is barely a whisper but a pin drop could be heard at this moment.

I smile down at her, tenderly caressing her cheek. There was always a possibility Jess' gifts would be passed on, but this is the first confirmation they are.

After dinner, the kids pile into their tent. With full bellies, they're out in no time. The day took its toll on all of us, and before long we're all breaking off to our respective bunks.

Our spot by the lake is even more serene now with the full moon painting the landscape in a soft glow. I lay down on the hammock and Jess snuggles in next to me.

"You've been quiet," I murmur, brushing her hair back from her face.

"Just thinking..."

"About Emma? Or..." I trail off, not wanting to push my luck.

"Both." Jess shifts to lock her gaze on mine. "I'm not scared this time, and it doesn't seem to bother Emma. I didn't see colours like that 'till after I met you and I really started to use it."

"Ah," I murmur, catching on. "Baby, Emma isn't you, or me for that matter. You never had your mom to help you, nor Ember... It'll be different."

Jess smiles and stretches up for a kiss. Her lips brush mine teasingly, leaving me wanting more. I pull her closer, dragging my fingertips across her back and claim her lips once more. She moans softly, encouraging me more but a cracking branch draws my attention away from her and back towards camp.

"Daddy?" Sammy calls. He stands a little ways away, holding his sister's hand. "We couldn't sleep..."

"Come on bud," I whisper, reaching out for them. Even in the low light I see his relieved smile as he leads his sister over to us.

As carefully as possible, I pick Emma up and settle her on my chest beside Jess then tuck Sammy next to her. Both kids practically melt into us and Jess pulls her blanket up over them.

With a feather-light kiss on each of their foreheads, Jess whispers, "Sleep well babies," and lays her head back down on my chest. I smile, feeling like the richest man in the world in this moment.

"Goodnight beautiful," I murmur, caressing her cheek. I fall asleep shortly after them, listening to my family's soft breathing and the midnight chorus of crickets and frogs.

*****END OF LUNA QUEENS FURY*****

A/N

Thank you so much for going on this journey with me, I hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I did writing it. I recommend leaving this book in your library for the update on my next project (next generation for the forgotten kids), and of course, if you follow me you'll get the announcement too.

Also I have opened a discor server for my work. It's the best way to keep up to date on new projects and announcements. You can also find the link on my profile 😊

https://discord.gg/vQuukXTGba

*
🌙
*

For anyone interested in leaving a review, I'd love to hear what you thought of the series! Favourite parts? A scene that just hit like a sledge hammer? Tell me it all! If I ever get an outlet, I may even share your review!

Thanks guys!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

316K 9.5K 54
He put more force in his grip on her cheeks and tilted her head up so she could look at him from her height. "Is that so, little rogue?" The King slo...
4.4K 295 27
To save her ghost-hunting career, psychic Kayde Foster must confront an evil and darkly attractive entity that has taken up residence in her uncle's...
357K 20.4K 62
Bitten by a stranger she was trying to rescue, June realizes she is turning into a werewolf. An alluring man named Dom promises to help her as long a...
375K 13.1K 59
*Formerly His Desire* "You think you want me, but I don't think you could handle what I would do to you." His stare is relentless. I smooth my hands...