Power Up! (Male Reader)

By Morning_Blankets

Townsville, USA. A normal city with strange problems. Monsters, villains, and even demons try to attack the c... More

Once Upon A Time....
Working In The Dark
Life Keeps Moving
Favors For A Friend
Meeting At The Mall
Making A Deal With The Devil
A Dance Recital And Late Night Chats
The Day Life Of A Super Powered Teenager
Operation: S.C.R.I.P.T
A Trio Of Questions
Countdown To Homecoming
Homecoming Finally
Three Identities, Three Troubles
The Black Puddle Queen Pt. 1
The Black Puddle Queen Pt. 2
The Tale of The Four Kings
Cityville Pt. 1
Cityville Pt. 2
The Underworld
Kinda Fixing Things
Things Are Never Easy
Vilestown Pt. 1
Vilestown Pt. 2
Vilestown Pt. 3
Vilestown Pt. 4
Vilestown Pt. 5
Minor Adjustments
The Mark of Kings
OVAs #1
Date At The.......
A Secret Family
A Saturday On A Monday
The Secret Misadventures Pt. 1
The Secret Misadventures Pt. 3
The Secret Misadventures Pt. 4
What Do We Do Now?
Voting #3
16 Candles And One Wish
Lakeview Pt. 1
Lakeview Pt. 2
Lakeview Dance
Into The Unknown Pt. 1
Into The Unknown Pt. 2
Into The Unkown Pt. 3
Into The Unknown Pt. 4
A/N
Tales Of The Unknown Pt. 1
Q&A
New Cover! (A/N)
Tales Of The Unknown Pt. 2
Tales Of The Unknown Pt. 3
Tales of The Unknown Pt. 4
Tales of The Unknown Pt. 5
Capital Of The Unknown Pt. 1
Capital Of The Unknown Pt. 2
Back To Townsville
Mystery Inc. Pt. 1
Myserty Inc. Pt 2
Meeting Your Heroes Pt. 1
Meeting Your Heroes Pt. 2
Something In The Orange
Future Quest Pt. 1
Future Quest Pt. 2
Future Quest Pt. 3
Future Quest Pt. 4
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
A/N

The Secret Misadventures Pt. 2

3.6K 196 114
By Morning_Blankets

Zak: So, we're not even in Townsville anymore?

You shook your head. You had just gotten done explaining what you saw to Brat and Zak. Courage was hiding in the backpack out of fear of the unknown in this new world.

Brat: How did we even get here?

Zak: Must've been that Crypid. The one that Courage saw in the woods. Maybe it sent us here?

Y/N: Sounds like a cheap excuse to have us get sent to another world just so we could go on an adventure.

The three looked right at the camera. They then returned to their huddle.

Brat: So....what do we do now?

Y/N: For now, it might be best to blend in. Maybe we can figure out more about this place and how to get home if we look around.

Zak: And how do you purpose we do that?

???: Hey!

The three of you looked up to see three drunken sailors heading your way. And what do you do with drunken sailors? You beat them up and take their clothes, of course.

Power Up!

You fixed the dirty shirt you were wearing while Brat tried to smooth out her dress. Zak looked at the leather captain's hat before he decided he didn't want it.

Zak tossed it to you as well as a captain's coat.

You threw them both on.

Brat: I hate this look.

Zak: Really? I mean, it's a bit dystopian with a tiny hint of goth.

Brat looked down at herself. The skirt to the dress reached her knees and the corset was too tight on her chest. She ended up having to leave the string a bit loose.

Zak wore a pair of brown trousers and a white shirt that had red horizontal stripes. He also had a red bandanna tied around his head to try and hide his strange hair.

Courage just had a black bandanna tied around his neck.

Y/N: Alright. We all look like pirates now. That's pretty cool. All we need now is swords.

Zak: What we need now is information. All we know is that this place is apparently just a bunch of docks holding a bunch of buildings. I mean, how is that even possible?!

Brat: How do bees fly, Saturday? How do they fly? Not everything makes sense.

Zak: Sometimes they do!

Y/N: Okay, first of all, you literally hunt down Crypids. Second of all, stop bickering. Zak's right. We should start looking around and figuring out more about this place.

Brat and Zak eventually sighed and agreed. With that, the four of you left the alleyway and entered the strange wooden town.
--------------
Bubbles flew alone after her eruption on her sisters. She couldn't believe how bad they had gotten.

First they weren't talking to each other, and now all they wanted to do was hang out with you. She understood that they liked you, but this was just plain ridiculous.

She flew for a moment before she decided to get away from the city for a bit. She decided to take a trip through woods. Maybe talk to some of the wildlife.

She found a clearing and landed. She found herself at a lake where it was nice and quiet. She found a rock and took a seat with her eyes closed.

She just wanted to enjoy the weather for a while. It was peaceful here.

Her mind ended up drifting to you. She didn't want to say it, but she knew the truth. All of this started when you showed up.

Ever since you entered the fray, everything had fallen apart, been fixed, and flipped over. She hated it, but you were the problem.

If things were going to go back to the way they were, you needed to be dealt with. You needed to be rid of.

You were the source for all of it. Yes. You were the problem.

If she wanted her sisters back, you had to die.

Bubbles opened her eyes, now pitch black before fading to her normal blue. From the treeline, the Beast watched closely.

Bubbles blinked, and she was suddenly sitting ontop of a wooden barrel. She was no longer on her usual plane of existence.
-------------
You pushed the wooden doors open and stepped into the large barrel shaped building. Some place called the Candy Barrel.

Y/N: What is this place? It smells like diabetes.

Zak looked around before he realized that everyone was rough looking. Like they had seen the horrors of the world, and spat in their faces.

Brat: I feel like everyone is staring at me.

Brat covered her chest a bit as you all walked up to the counter. There, you found a man washing a glass mug with a filthy looking rag.

Y/N: Uh, excuse me.

The man stopped and looked at you. He then smiled.

???: Looks like we got new visitors! Nice to meet you all, my name is Peppermint Larry.

Peppermint Larry? That was a strange name. Then again, you were traveling with a dog named Courage and a girl named Brat.

Larry: This is my saloon, The Candy Barrel. What can I do your for WHAT IN THE WORLD IS THAT THING DOING IN HERE?!

He pointed to Courage who just seemed confused. He looked around for a moment before he pointed at himself.

Larry: No dogs allowed! What do you think this is? A barn?

You frowned before you kneeled down to Courage.

Y/N: Hey, wait outside until we get this figured out, okay?

Courage nodded and headed back out. You stood back up and took a seat at the bar with Zak and Brat.

Larry: So, what can I get you?

Y/N: A map would be useful. We, uh, our ship washed up here. I was hoping you could even tell us where we are?

Larry: Oh. This is Stormalong Harbor. Though, I don't remember hearing about a ship crashing here.

Zak: Uh, it was on the otherside?

Larry rubbed his chin as he looked at three of you suspiciously.

Larry: Interesting. Oh well!

Larry slapped a folded piece of paper on the counter. Brat took it and began to look it over.

Larry: So, can I get you anything? Maybe some candy or some maple syrup?

Zak: Maple syrup? Do...do you all drink that stuff normally?

Larry: Sometimes.

Y/N: Uh, just give us whatever.

Larry placed down three mugs full of root beer. You reached into the jacket pocket and pulled out a coin purse.

Y/N: Uh, how much?

After paying Larry, he left you three alone. Brat placed the map down in front of you and Zak.

Brat: So, uh, I'm a bit slow at reading, but I think this our best chance.

She pointed at something on the map. It wasn't an island or anything, but it was a name.

Candied Island.

Zak: Why do you think that?

Brat: Because it's the only place not shown on the map. It's just a guess, but I think that this place hasn't been discovered yet.

You looked around the map. She was right. Candied Island was nowhere to be seen.

While the three of you searched the map, some other patrons of the bar took notice of you and your companions.

A large man covered from head to toe in tattoos snorted before he stood up. He walked over the bar and shoved you from behind.

You nearly knocked over your drink. You turned around and stared at the man.

Man: Get out.

Y/N: What?

Man: You don't belong here. Get out before I throw you out.

What was he talking about? You got off your stool and looked up at the towering figure. He had to be 6.5" easily. Much taller than your 5.8" self.

Way was everyone taller than you? You were only taller than Boomer when it came to the guys. What the heck?!

Y/N: You gonna throw me out?

The man smirked before he spat on the floor. He wiped his mouth before he looked back down at you.

Y/N: Try it.

The man just chuckled. His face suddenly got serious as he raised a large fist. He then slammed it down at you. However, you were quick to lock your arm with his and flip him onto his back. You then slammed him down onto the ground.

The music stopped suddenly. Everyone looked over at the commotion to see you standing over the large man who was knocked out cold.

You looked around for a moment.

Y/N: My name is Captain Y/N L/N. Me and my crew are out of a ship. We're looking for passage to Candied Island. We'll repay you with our muscle. Any takers?

No one spoke for a moment. Then, a glass hit the table. You and your "crew" looked over to a dark corner of the room.

???: You're looking for a ship? Well, I'm looking for a crew. Looks like we can help each other.

He stood up and walked over towards you.

???: My name is Captain Flapjack. You, boy, look like you can handle yourself well.

You looked up at the burly man and nodded.

Y/N: I can. So can they.

You gestured to your friends. Brat and Zak both nodded at the statement.

Y/N: Can you give us passage to Candied Island?

Flapjack looked at your friends before he looked down at you. He crossed his arms.

Flapjack: That depends. Can you help find it?

Brat: It really hasn't been discovered yet?

Flapjack shook his head.

Flapjack: Right now, it's no more than a legend. But if you three are as capable as you say, then that should be no problem for you.

You looked back to your friends. You then turned back to Flapjack.

Y/N: Consider it done.

Flapjack smiled as he patted your arm.

Flapjack: Then enough talk. We're wasting daylight.

Looks like you had yourself a ship.
-------------
Bubbles strolled through Stormalong on a mission. A mission to kill the one who made her life miserable.

She didn't care for the looks she received from her attire. She didn't care about the horrible smell radiating off the old wooden planks.

She finally stopped and looked around. She couldn't find any trace of you. No signs that you had been here.

Bubbles: Where are you, Y/N?

???: Y/N?

Bubbles looked over her shoulder at the dark alleyway.

???: Are you looking for a boy named Y/N? H/C hair, strange eyes?

Bubbles crossed her arms.

Bubbles: What of it? You know where he is?

???: As a matter of fact, I do. He's boarding a ship that belongs to a man by the name of Flapjack.

Flapjack? Why were you getting on a ship?

???: Why are you searching for him?

Bubbles: What do you care?

The voice laughed.

???: Because I have a bone to pick with his new friend. You see, Captain Flapjack is responsible for killing the man I loved.

So this person wanted vengeance. Well, looks like they were in the same boat.

???: Let's make a deal. I help you find your way to your boy, and I get to kill the Captain. Of course, we'll split any spoils we find along the way.

Bubbles thought about it. She didn't know this world or it's people. If she wanted to get her hands on you, she'll need a guide of sorts. This person seemed to be her best bet.

Bubbles: Fine. We have a deal.

???: Excellent.

Bubbles: What's your name?

The figure stepped out of the shadows and smiled at the young girl. Bubbles was just surpised by her appearance.

???: You can call me, Candy.

Bubbles could smell the sweetness coming off of her. But if she could get her to you, then Bubbles could put up with it.

Bubbles: Nice to meet you, Candy. My name is Bubbles.

Candy: Well, Bubbles, shall we go and kill some men now?

Sounds like a plan.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

848K 35.3K 75
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
29.6K 626 25
Steven has left Beach City to find himself, some are happy, others sad, but one gem in particular is shattered. Lapis knew she loved Steven ever sinc...
842K 45.1K 32
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Jungkook's ) daughter Mishel...