North Western Profiles

By Greylockstudios

This will primarily be a way to help those of you reading NNWRS get a better idea of some of the characters t... More

Roster Page 1
Roster Page 2
Roster page 3
Roster Page 4
Roster page 5
Roster Page 6
Roster Page 7
Roster Page 8
Roster Page 9/10
Roster Page 11
Roster Page 12
Roster Page 13
Roster Page 14
Roster Page 15
Roster Page 16
Roster Page 17
Roster Page 18
Roster Page 19
Roster Page 20
Roster Page 21
Roster Page 22
Roster Page 23
Roster Page 24
Roster Page 25
Roster Page 26
Roster Page 27
Roster Page 28
Roster Page 29
Roster Page 30
Roster Page 31/32
Roster Page 33
Roster Page 34
Roster Page 35
Roster Page 36
Roster Page 37
Roster Page 38
Roster Page 39
Roster Page 41
Roster Page 42
Roster Page 43
Roster Page 44
Roster Page 45
Roster Page 46
Roster Page 47
Roster Page 48

Roster Page 40

64 0 2
By Greylockstudios

(40) Peter Sam 

                              Peter Sam is a Hunslet Engine Company 18in 0-6-0ST, designed and built by the company for industrial use. Peter Sam was built in 1937, as the NWR sought to further develop it's fleet on the main and branch lines, and was delivered on the 5th of  February that year. Upon arrival, Peter Sam, named after a member of the board, would be sent straight to Crovans Gate works to receive his livery, and would be assigned to work alongside Sir Handel. Almost immediately after meeting the pair would form a close brotherly bond, with Peter Sam seeing Sir Handel as an older brother figure,  being taught how to handle trucks and coaches with ease by the blue saddletank. Some time in 1939, Peter Sam would lose his original funnel to the tunnel in Skarloey valley, and would gain a replacement funnel which he wasn't initialy fond of. However, with some kind and encouraging words from Sir Handel and Duke, the green saddletank grew to like it, and called it his 'Special funnel'. Since his arrival, Peter Sam has always been seen allocated to crovan's gate MPD, having the most noticeable welsh accent of the engines allocated there, and is often used on the dining services, and hauling the fish trains from Lakeside, and the future extension will likely see more work for the saddle tank.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.8K 113 14
You were wondering what happened in the 60s? Now you'll see the end. During Thomas' life on the island, he has always felt like it was a safe place...
20.4K 297 21
You have lived your entire life on the Mainlands. That is until you get a letter from Sir Topham Hatt to come work on his railway on the beautiful is...
2.1K 27 26
Join Thomas and Friends in a whole new series of 26 episodes, featuring the Steam Team of ten engines, and all the other engines of Sodor. This serie...
448 1 11
Hard times befall the island of Sodor and the current head of The NorthWestern Railway is forced to lease one of his families engines. The choice fal...