It All Started With A Concert...

By Pennygeorgia

"He leaned in and slowly closed his eyes, his lips were now so close to mine, I could feel his warm breathe."... More

Intro
Chapter 1: When It All Started
Chapter 2: Meet & Greet
Chapter 3: Meet & Greet [Part 2]
Chapter 4: The Concert
Chapter 5: The Reach Out
Chapter 6: Is That You?
Chapter 7: The Audition
My R5 M&G Experience (Not a Chapter)
Chapter 8: The Letter
Chapter 9: Callbacks
Chapter 10: The Last Round
Chapter 11: Misunderstanding
Chapter 12: Something to Argue About
Reminder (Not A Chapter)
Chapter 13: A Sister?
Chapter 14: Her Story
Chapter 15: Conspiracy
Chapter 16: Good News
Chapter 17: Celebration Dinner
Chapter 18: Meeting the Cast
Chapter 19: Recording Studio
Chapter 20: Lights, Camera, Drama!
Chapter 21: The Long Awaited Day
Chapter 22: Her Second Concert
Chapter 23: A New (Boy)Friend?
Chapter 24: Deal With the Devil
Chapter 25: Unexpected Date Night
Chapter 26: Night Escape
Chapter 27: School Dance Adventure
Chapter 28: Bright Lights
Chapter 29: Letting It All Out
Chapter 30: Not Who I Was Expecting
Chapter 31: Long Time No See
Chapter 32: Admitted Feelings
Chapter 33: Unforgettable Mistake
Chapter 34: Uncontrollable Feelings
Chapter 35: Ending Things with the Wrong One
Chapter 36: New Year's Kiss

Chapter 37: Heartbreaking Ending

2.4K 86 37
By Pennygeorgia

Chapter 37

Laura's POV

A month.

It had been a month. A lot had happened, really. A movie part, a reconciliation with my Dad, the end of season one, and the announcement of the show being renewed for a second season.

Oh right, and the wrap party scheduled tomorrow, which I was extremely excited but emotional about. A part of this big project was ending and I wasn't going to see my best friends for over four months.

Except Ross, he wasn't really my friend anymore. At least, that's the message he was sending. He clearly didn't want to be friends anymore.

Things got really strange after that night on New Year's Eve. We never talked about it again. Actually, that was the last time I spoke about something relevant to Ross. I miss talking to him.

Today, Raini and I were buying everything we were missing for the party tomorrow. We had dresses and shoes, but decided to stay at the mall to have a coffee.

"Do you think you'll ever start talking to him before he leaves on tour?" She asked me looking down, as I interpreted that she was trying to be delicate with the subject.

"He's leaving in three days, Rain."

"Well then I'm hoping you'll have the gut to at least say a proper goodbye." She said. "And you know what I mean."

I did, but I didn't want to think about it for now. "But why doesn't he make the first move?" I asked her.

"Laura, babe, let me remind you he didn't do anything wrong. You're the one who ran away that night right after he admitted he was leaving."

"Well what exactly was I supposed to do!? Just stay there and watch him talk about how happy he was of finally getting away from me?"

"Is that how you think he feels, Laura?" She asked with a frown. "You guys have issues, I swear to God."

"What the hell is that supposed to mean!?" I hissed. "Listen to yourself, Laura. You guys are avoiding any kind of communication you could possibly have and still complaining about still not talking to each other!" She snapped directly looking at me. She did have a point and he was a little hard to admit.

"So you're saying Ross does want to talk to me?" I asked with a smirk. "Well, of course he does, Laura!" She sighted. "It is Ross Lynch we're talking about."

A small smile grew on my face, and Raini clearly saw it. "Do yourself a favor and please talk to him at the party tomorrow." She added. "I will, I will. I promise." I smiled. "Good."

And with that, we left the mall and she drove me home.

***

I started to get ready at 6 o'clock the next day. The party was starting at around 8. By the time I was done with my makeup and my hair, it was already seven. I called Raini just to make sure I still had a ride to the party.

"Heeey! So still picking me up tonight?" I asked her when she picked up.

"Um actually, I- I can't." She simply said.

"You have got to be kidding me, Rain. We're minutes before the party!" I exclaimed. "What can't you anyway?"

"Hum I- I really can't. Sorry Laur!" She said in a hurry.

"Spill it, Rain."

She sighted. I knew she was asking herself if she was going to tell me or not. But I wouldn't hang up until I got my answer. "Well..."

"Rain, I'm waiting." I cut her.

I heard her sight again. "Ross asked me if he could pick you up out at your house."

"What!?"

"If you have any questions, well... Just don't. See you at the party hun!" She said and hung up on me.

Why the hell did Ross ask her to me up!? I really thought he would be mad at me for what happened a few nights ago. I guess I'll just have to wait to ask him in person.

I finally put on my black gown. Yes black. Pretty representative of my emotional state. But it was still beautiful. Put my black pumps on and I was almost already ready. Just as I was looking for a small purse, I heard the doorbell ring.

This reminded me of our fights every morning he would pick me up. Him, always early to make sure I would get stressed and hurry up. Me, usually casually yelling at him that he is waaay too early.

I didn't bother hurrying up. I grabbed what I needed and walked down the staircase. I opened the door that revealed his gorgeous figure dressed in a tuxedo with a black bow tie. "Hi."

He looked down at his feet. "Hi." He said right after he looked up at me. "Can I ask... Why exactly?"

"I wanted to see you." He almost whispered. "You were going to see me at the party, Ross." I simply reminded him. "I wanted to make sure you were alright."

"You could've done that during the last month."

That was it. I had pressed the big red button. I was going to do it eventually, but I had picked my moment. This statement was going to set the tone of the soirée. For him. To remind him. I walked passed him a got in his car before him. We then silently drove to the trendy club where the party was hosted.

When we got inside together, people started staring. Everyone knew we weren't as close anymore or that we had fought or something in the genre. I sighted and walked away, trying to find Raini. When I did she dragged me on the dance floor. We danced the night away with almost everyone actually, laughing, talking, reminding ourselves of all the good times we had this year.

After a few hours, it was probably around eleven, I went to see the bartender to ask for a glass of water. A few seconds later, he tossed me a glass and a napkin. "This is for you." He simply said and turned away. I took the napkin and read the writing I clearly recognized.

Meet me on the roof.

I looked around me. I slowly walked away, trying not to be seen.

I walked up the narrow staircase following the 'roof' sign. I walked up slowly but carefully, because I was still wearing my heels. When I finally reached the top, I opened the heavy door to reveal the roof, dark but enlighten by all the city lights.

"You came." He said softly.

"Of course I did." I said scanning the view around me. "Were you scared I wasn't going to?" I then asked, looking at him.

He looked so handsome in his suit.

"Yeah..." I muttered. "I feel like I've disappointed you so much these past weeks that you had all the reasons in the world not to show up."

"You haven't disappointed me, Ross..." I sighted.

"What did I do then, Laur!?" He exclaimed. "Because honestly, I- I can't follow anymore." He continued as his voiced cracked. I just stood there, on my two feet, not moving an inch, my eyes locked with his. Tears were forming in his eyes. I was tearing him to pieces. The soft wind made my eyes water too.

I blinked one too many time, making tears slowly make their way down my cheek. "Please don't leave." I whispered.

"And why not?" He whispered too, his eyes watery and full of hurt. Hurt I caused.

"Because I-" I couldn't say it, I still couldn't. "I don't want you to." He shook his head then looked back at me. "No. Not good enough."

"Then what is enough, Ross!?" I exclaimed. "You know perfectly what is!" He spat.

He turned around and slowly walked to the edge of the rooftop. He rested his arms on the ledge and looked away, in the distance. I slowly joined him and we just stood there, my naked shoulder touching him, the wind blowing my hair swiftly.

"I would stay, Laur, trust me." He started. Although, I knew something else was coming. Something not as sweet. I had hurt him so much. "But I'm so tired of your games, Laur. I can't handle it anymore." He closed his eyes, probably trying to stop the pain, but it obviously wasn't working.

I tried saying something, but my mouth was so dry and it hurt so much. "I'm so sorry, Ross." I still managed to say. He turned to face me. "Are you really? Because once, right after you kissed me, you were already chasing another guy. Then the time after that, you hooked up with me, but the next day, I couldn't give you a peck on the lips because you had a boyfriend and you didn't give a crap about me or how I felt about it!"

"Ross! That's not fair!" I shouted at him. "You're right, Laura! It really isn't fair!" He shouted back.

"It's not fair, because I love you so much, but you keep pretending like you don't know it or like you don't even care. It hurt so much more than you think."

I couldn't swallow, or move, or breathe.

"I fell in love with you from the moment I saw you at the first concert, Laura. You were in the lobby and from the moment I laid eyes on you, I couldn't think about anything else. I thought about you during the long three months after that night. I was so scared you wouldn't remember me if I texted you or that maybe you had moved on."

"But you didn't even recognise me at the auditions!" I hissed. He's saying I was the only thing on his mind, but I was the one who looked like a fool his front of his brother and his sister because he didn't know who I was.

"I had to build a wall, Laura. That's what my psychologist told me to do after my family dragged me there because they weren't able to get me out of bed during the tour!"

"You went to see a psychologist?" I asked. But he didn't answer. It wasn't actually a question that needed an answer. "I've regretted so much not kissing you that night at the first concert, Ross, you wouldn't even understand." I cried.

"Then why are you having such a hard time telling me how you feel?" He asked me. "It's not such a hard thing to do if you feel the same way I do."

"To me it is, Ross! I don't let people in so easily!" I belted. "You were just a coincidence." As soon as these words brushed my lips, I knew they were going to hit him hard. But he didn't say anything. He looked straight in the distance, closing his eyes.

"Three words. Three words, eight letters. Say it, and I'll stay-"

"I can't do that." I cut him. "It's over, Ross. It was, it still is, and it will be until we do something about it. And right now, I don't think either of us is ready to make a sacrifice for whatever this is. Friendship or relationship, it all works the same anyways."

We just stood there. Not moving, barely breathing, and scared of the end.

He suddenly turned to face me. "Then come on tour with me, Laur. Please."

I smiled and looked down, then, again in the distance. "I told you I have my movie."

"Your movie?" He asked out of the blue. "You never told me about a movie..." He paused. "You actually haven't told me about anything going on in your life for the past month."

"I'm sorry, but I can't go on tour with you, Ross." I sighted. "I'm really sorry."

"Three words and I'm all yours."

"Stop."

Ross' POV

A few minutes passed as the silence haunted us. "You know why I called you right before the New Year?" I asked her. "I wanted you to be the first person I would talk to in this New Year. I wanted to spend the first minutes of the year hearing your voice." I paused. "But when you ignored my call, I realised we weren't on the same page about this relationship and I realised you really didn't want anything to do with me anymore. I don't think we can really do anything about us, Laur."

I think everything that needed to be said was said, so I simply turned to her, looked into her gorgeous eyes, and planted a kiss on her cheek. "Goodnight, Laur. I'll see you in a few months."

I turned away and walked towards the staircase. "Oh Laur!" I said, turning around. "I forgot to tell you how beautiful you looked tonight."

And with that, I simply left.

Laura's POV

My heart was tied in a knot. I felt a tear roll down my cheek. I'll see you in four months, Ross.

After saying our goodbyes, Raini and I left the party. She drove me home and we ended the night jamming in the car to our favorite songs, crying from laughter. She dropped me off in front of my house and we said our goodbyes too. I waved until her car disappeared in the distance. I then walked up to my doorstep, where a bouquet of roses was carefully put down. I swiftly grabbed it and inhaled its soft perfume. A little note was placed in between the flowers. I opened it.

I'll miss you.

Love,

Ross

_______________________

Wrote this chapter out of love and respect.

Dedicated to all the loyal readers.

I apologize for everything, mostly for disappearing for a while. Hope you will all be satisfied with this one. It might not be the last one.

With all my affection,

XOXO,

Penny

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

76.4K 830 21
Happily Married Auslly is traveling the country on their second tour ever. Life couldn't get better, it was the perfect picture! Their shows were so...
476K 8.8K 32
"I'm going to see you again, Laur." Ross says as his eyes close and he falls into a deep dark sleep. A sleep that he might not even wake up from...
5.1K 173 14
Ross and Laura have known each other since they were 5 and they have always been best friends... nothing more. They both love acting and singing very...
538K 14.3K 83
In this story we have two best friends who start to develop feelings for the other. What will happen? Will they tell each other their feelings and ge...