Love in the Night | Dick Gray...

By swiftielvrrr

(UNDER EDITING 9/26/23) Olivia Kent had grown up as a sweet and loving girl until death had made her cold. D... More

Characters
Background
1| Clark Kent
2| Minneapolis, Minnesota
3| Storage Unit
Ch 4: Explosion
Ch 5: Motel
Ch 6: Safe House
Ch 7: Demonic Posessions
Ch 8: Mephisto
Ch 9: Asylum
Ch 10: Reconcile
Ch 11: Old Friends
Ch 12: End of Trigon
Ch 13: San Francisco
Ch 14: The Return of Dr. Light
Ch 15: Titans
Ch 16: Burnt City
Ch 17: Garth
Ch 18: Deathstroke
Ch 19: Saving Jason
Ch 20: Conner Kent
Ch 21: Lies
Ch 22: Atlantis
Ch 23: Elko
Ch 24: Donna Troy
Ch 25: Clea
Ch 26: Thanos
Ch 27: Barbara Gordon
Ch 28: Jason's Alive
Ch 29: Hank Hall
Ch 30: Sniper
Ch 31: Chthon
Ch 32: He Returns
Added Cast
Ch 33: Awaken
To Be Continued
Ch 35: America Chavez
Ch 36: Metropolis-191
Ch 37: Goodbye For Now
Ch 38: Mistakes
Ch 39: Consequences
Ch 40: Road Trip
Ch 41: S.T.A.R. Labs
Ch 42: Lex Luthor
Ch 43: Time of Need
Ch 44: Unwanted Guests
Ch 45: Old Friends 2.0
Ch 46: Arrest
Ch 47: The Great Counsel

Ch 34: Wedding Bells

718 17 0
By swiftielvrrr

I sat at the table with a cup of coffee in hand as Mary ran in from the elevator. I smiled holding my arms out as she wrapping her arms around my body.

"Hi baby" I whispered.

"Where's dad?" She asked.

"Down the hall" I said.

She ran down the hall as Clea and Billy dropped their bags.

"Tommy's in the security room" I said looking at Billy.

He nodded walking down the hall as Clea sat opposite to me.

"I've been giving a lot of through into Mary" I said.

"And?" She asked.

"I'm grateful that you and Strange took care of her when I wasn't ready to be a mother" I said. "But I don't want to keep her away like she's a secret anymore. I want her to stay here."

"And I'm perfectly fine with that" she smiled. "What if something happens?"

"She'll be safe here but I know you're a call away and she does have a grandfather though I really don't want her in Gotham" I said.

She laughed, agreeing.

"The shot?" She asked.

"No" I said. "She was born with those powers, it's not my decision to take them away."

"So when's the wedding?" She asked.

"Technically in a couple hours" I said. "It's down the street. Nothing too fancy."

"Let's get to it" she said.

Rachel and Kory walked in smiling with bags in their hands.

"So were you not gonna tell us you and Dick have a daughter?" Kory asked.

"Surprise" I smiled. "Mary!"

The young girl ran in out of breath.

"We gotta go" I said.

She grabbed onto my hand as we walked down the street to the venue. Kory ushered me into a large room as Mary plopped onto the couch.

"You still haven't told us the color of our dresses" Rachel said.

I smiled walking toward one of the bags hanging from the mirror. I unzipped a little bit of it revealing the color of their bridesmaid dresses.

"White?" She questioned. "What color are you wearing?"

"Black" I smiled. "Figured it would look better w my hair."

She shrugged sitting in front of one of the mirrors pulling out her make up.

"Nervous?" Kory asked.

"Well technically we're already married so not really" I laughed.

Two hours had passed as I sat down while Kory did my hair.

"I wish your hair was longer" she said. "I'd have more to work with."

"Maybe just curl it?" I said.

"Yeah" she said going to turn the curling iron on.

I turned around as the door opened instantly smiling at the familiar faces.

"Told you, you didn't have to come" I said.

"Really think I was going to miss your wedding?" Donna smiled.

I stood up walking towards Dawn. I wrapped my arms around her smiling.

"How's Paris been?" I asked.

"Peaceful" she said.

"I'm glad" I said.

"I'm sorry about your mom, Liv" she said.

"I'm just glad I was able to make amends with her before she died" I said.

"I get it" she said.

"There's also someone here to see you" Donna said.

I looked confused as a woman walked in I had not seen in nearly a decade.

"Holy shit" I said. "I mean- sorry for my language."

"You look as beautiful as the day I saw you last" Diana smiled. "You remind me so much of your mother."

"I didn't expect you to come" I said.

"I knew you two would get married eventually" she said. "If only your dad was still here he'd owe me $20."

I laughed as she rubbed the side of my arm.

"I'll see you in a little bit" she smiled before walking out.

"We should go with her" Donna said. "You look beautiful by the way."

Minute later I stood outside the doors as Gar walked towards me.

"Liv, you look gorgeous" he smiled.

"Could you do me a favor?" I asked.

He nodded.

"Go get Arthur for me" I said.

"Yo-you mean aqua man?" He asked.

"Yes, him" I laughed.

He ran through the doors as seconds later Arthur walked out.

"Is everything okay?" He asked worriedly.

"Will you walk me down the aisle?" I asked.

He looked shocked at the question.

"My fathers not here and you're the closest person I have to him" I said.

"Anything for you" he smiled.

He held his arm up as I grabbed onto it smiling. The doors opened as music began to play. I smiled looking at Dick on the other side of the room slightly pacing back and forth on his heels. As we approached him Arthur put his arm down before kissing the side of my head. The minister began to talk as Dick held his hands out. I looked into his eyes zoning out.

"Will you have this ma-"

"I do" I interrupted.

"I didn't finish" he said.

"I know" I said not losing eye contact with Dick.

"I do" Dick said.

The minister seemed agitated rolling his eyes.

"With the power vested in me I pronounce you husband and wife" he said.

Dick grabbed my face crashing his lips onto mine as everyone cheered. Mary ran up to us as we broke apart. Dick hoisted her up on his shoulders as we walked to the reception.

Mary sat in between Dick and I as Diana stood in the center with the microphone in hand.

"I've known Olivia since the day she was born. Clark didn't know the first thing about being a dad so a majority of her diapers I changed until she was about six months old" she laughed.

I smiled as she handed the microphone to Arthur after her long speech.

"I've had the pleasure in watching Olivia grow into the strong woman she is today. I remember her and Garth running around pretending to be saving the world in the backyard of Clark's parents" he said. "I miss my boy so much. I know Garth is here in spirit. They all are."

He paused as his eyes watered. I fanned my eyes to avoid ruining my make up.

"Let's get someone else up here" he said.

He pointed to Billy who didn't want to get up pushing Tommy to do it. Tommy grabbed the mic smiling.

"I didn't have a good relationship with Olivia growing up. I always wanted one but I had no way to communicate with her. It was fun seeing her in the papers or on the news" he said. "I had only met her a couple times before never having any real conversations. To be honest I thought she always hated me, hated us."

I frowned as he shrugged.

"Tony would always talk bad about her but I knew she wasn't bad. If she was bad she wouldn't have came to help us when we asked. She's the most selfless person I've ever met" he said. "I'm just glad she's in my life now for good."

I wiped the tears falling down my face as I got up to hug Tommy. Many speeches later from Bruce, Kara, Clea and another from Diana, we found ourselves sitting alone in the kitchen with beers in hand.

"I thought I lost you" he said. "When you didn't come back. It was days and I tried not to focus on that and focus on the problem at hand."

"I didn't know what was going to happen" I said.

"Did you ever think we would get here?" He asked.

"I never thought we would've separated" I said. "When I left, I was so lonely. Found out I was pregnant and I was so close to coming back but I felt ashamed."

I took a sip of beer setting it back onto the table.

"The point is we're together now" I said. "And I'm not going anywhere."

"So what about Mary?" He asked.

"Told Clea it's probably better for her to stay here" I said. "I mean if need be Clea or Billy can come grab her, it's not like it'll take them long. And as a last resort there's Bruce. I'm not particularly fond of her being in Gotham but he looks good with her."

"Yeah" he laughed. "I've never seen him like that."

"She seems to really take a shining to Gar" I smiled.

"Probably the hair" he said.

I turned my head as Clea walked in.

"I'll meet you in bed" I said.

He downed his beer before walking out of the kitchen.

"I have a wedding gift for you" Clea said.

She set down a book onto the table as I examined the cover.

"Is this what I think it is?" I asked.

"The Darkhold" she said. "It was written by Chthon himself. I know you don't understand the Chaos Magic inside you but this will help you understand. Agatha Harkness had possession of it, that's how she was able to help your mom."

"So what?" I asked. "She gave it to you?"

"Well technically it's not hers to give away or keep locked in her enchanted basement" she said. "Point is, it'll help you to reach your full potential. I trust you'll keep this out of reach of anybody."

"And what do I do with it when I'm done?" I asked.

She sighed.

"That is completely up to you" she said.

She created a portal before walking through as I stared at the book sitting in front of me. I glided my fingers over the cover before opening it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2K 131 7
Maybe being alive didn't matter. Not if she was with me. [Robstar, Red X/Starfire. Sequel to Masked.]
13K 197 27
list of characters: - Dick Grayson - Jason Todd - Gar Logan - Conner Kent - Hank Hall - Kory Anders - Donna Troy some imagines will be based around t...
150K 2.7K 147
Dick Grayson is not the easiest person to be around, but Cassie is probably the only person in the entire world who has been there for every single p...
69.1K 2.4K 88
Titans S1 - ❝ the 𝒈𝒐𝒅𝒔 will know our names ❞ Titans S2- ❝ we will be 𝒈𝒐𝒅𝒔 ❞ Titans S3- ❝ shall we show them what 𝒈𝒐𝒅𝒔 can do...