back on track

By inlovewithf1marvel

Sofia had big dreams but they were crashed when she was young. Now she tries to find her place in the very st... More

1. the one with the basics
2. the one with a friend
3. the one where I was saved by the champ
4. the one with the honey badger
5. the one where i feel happy for the longest time
6. the one with hello's and wedding plans
7. the one where we went kind of motor racing
8. the one with huge breakdown
9. the one where I caught myself staring
10. the one where forgot how to breath
11. the one with a lot of stuttering
12. the one with pizza and pointy looks
13. the one with all the emotions
14. the one with the boat
15. the one with the guys
16. the one with the circus
17. the one with the kiss and threat
18. the one where he drives me crazy
19. the one with too many drinks
20. the one where it's not DR3 shouting Pierre Gasly
21. the one with the morning after
22. the on where they spill some tea
23. the one with unfinished business
24. the one with the podium to smile for
25. the one with the make up and three seasons of DTS
26. the one with the interesting pre-race press
27. the one with battles on and off track
28. the one with chicken on fire
29. the one with the cards
30. the one with the quadrant
31. the one with the duvet of horror
32. the one with the heartwarming surprise
33. the one with confused mom
34. the one where there is too many people
35. the one where he's confident
36. the one where it finally happens
37. the one with all smiles
38. the one wih the blast from the past
39. the one back in Finland
40. the one remembering the angel
41. the one with reliving some bad memories
42. the one where we can all agree that The Cars is the best movie ever made
43. the one with the 'S'
44. the one where I leave a few details out
45. the one where there weren't too many 'inchidents'
46. the one with me being a shitty friend
47. the one with the guys pt.2
48. the one with the last supper
49. the one where I'm in a good mood
50. the one where he tells everyone that he never left
51. the one with the heartbreak
52. the one with goodbyes and some good times
53. the one back in school
54. the one with a lot to talk about
55. the one with how I met Mick
56. the one with the story of my life
57. the one where I am athlete and athletes sweat, sweat baby, ki ki ra
58. the one with not one but two Leclercs
59. the one with the offer
60. the one where I make my mind
61.. the one with the fight and confession
62. the one with The Michael
63. the one with qualifying
64. the one were we have a new champ
65. the one with a dream come true
66. the one in England
67. the one with Christmas dinner
just a little message
Life as Schumacher - part 1
What do you wanna read next?
just a little taste ;)
another taste, with some spice..

68. the last part

4.7K 62 6
By inlovewithf1marvel

"Hey Sofia, wait up" my brother yelled after me as I was already walking towards the door. We had somehow managed to get through the dinner both me and my mum sitting in the table. I wasn't ready to face her just yet and I didn't really want to, the way she had spoken everything and everyone I loved had been too much for me.

"Hey, what's up?"

"I just wanted to check up on you and talk to you before you leave" he seemed a bit bothered.

"Yeah, okay" I nodded and we grabbed out coats stepping outside in the cold air.

"Look, I know you think that I am team mum all the way" he sighed. "But I really am not, I know where she is coming from but I don't agree with her. She loves you but she doesn't understand you. I do. I think it's awesome that you did that test and if it was up to me you would do so many more. I had always admired you, you were so talented and even though mum might have thought that you weren't good enough or would say that karting was waste of money and time, we would always sneak out with dad to see you race." Viktor looked sad but I could tell he had some good memories.

"She didn't let you watch me racing? But I she always said that you had watched every race together when I came to visit" It really did sting a bit.

"Yeah, racing was a very much forbidden subject in the house, she didn't want to lose anyone else to it I guess. She loved Mick, but hated the Schumacher family because you always talked about them so highly, still do and yeah, it was hard on her, but the way she treated you today was too much. I just wanted you to know that I'm really proud of you and have always been" he smiled to me sadly.

"Thanks, I know that" I said pulling him into a hug.

"So Italy huh?"

"Yeah, you need to come and visit, you would love it there" I smiled to my older brother.

"I will, so when are you leaving?" he looked a bit more worried and I think he had a hunch that I wouldn't be sticking around much longer.

"In two days, I'm gonna visit Mick and his family for sometime and then I'm off to Dubai with Lando and his friends and I think I'm going to fly straight to Italy from there after all that" I nodded with a sad smile. "I'm sorry"

"Hey don't be, I think it's a good for you two keep some distance for a while and it's not like we've been seeing each other that much before, so I think we're gonna be just fine"

"Yeah, okay, I love you" I told him before I left and he went back inside. I found Lando who was freezing next to our car as I had the keys.

"I hate cold" he mumbled as I opened the doors and we got in.

"I don't" I pointed out.

"Yeah, but you're crazy" he pointed out and I let our a little laugh. Then he got more serious. "Are you okay?" he asked me as I was starting the steering wheel in front of me.

I wasn't really sure how I was feeling after the brutally honest chat with my mum. Lando had no idea what she had said to me but I was guessing he had gotten the fact that it wasn't too pleasant out of my body language. But to my surprise I felt okay, I felt free.

"I think I am" I finally nodded my head. "I mean it was a bit hurtful, but I feel like finally there is no fake smiles and all that between us, I know how she feels about the way I have lived my life and I finally know that she really does hate everything motorsport related including me. But finally she admitted it and I'm finally aware of that" I tried to come up with something smart to say, but didn't really make much sense after all.

"I'm just happy that there is no secrets between us and that she was finally honest about how she feels" I summarised my thoughts.

"Okay" Lando smiled at me. "If you say so"

"Yeah and I really mean it" I smiled at him. "You wanna go do something fun?" I asked him my eyes shining.

"You I'd never say no to that" he smirked.

"Oh my god, not like that" I screamed and bunched him on the arm.

"I know, I'm just messing with ya" he laughed, I shook my head to the guy.

"I mean I don't mind if we end the day there, but let's make a little detour" I grinned shutting the guy up and drove towards the ocean. I had been minus degrees already over a month so I hoped that the place I thought was there would be there.

"Wait what are you doing?" I could hear the small panic on Lando's voice as he watched me drove to the ocean. Except it was frozen so there was no need to panic.

"You'll see, wait here" I told the guy and got up from the car running to the little switch on the tree. I pressed it and the part of the ice lighted up. We had brought and installed the lights here on our own with couple of friends of mine back in the day, so we would see the track we had build on the ice every winter. And just like I had thought it was up once again.

I jumped back into the car and met really surprised face of Lando.

"So how do you feel about driving on ice?" I asked making some changes on the car setup before launching forwards towards the track. It was just about a kilometre long and part of it was in the dark, but it was the best time always. I knew it like a back of my hand as we always built it the same, so we had been able to see the changes in our times. Also the way the car slide and drifted on the ice was the best fun.

"I haven't really ever done it so I don't know" the guy next to me told me while hanging on the handle above the window. I knew how unpleasant it was to sit in a car when someone else was behind the wheel but he had done it to me, in a much faster car in a real track so this was just fair. I brought the car to stop before turning to look the guy next to me.

"You have never driven on ice?" I looked at him in disbelieve. In Finland there was no point of having a driver's licence if you didn't know how to drive on ice as the roads were covered by the snow or ice half of the year.

"Nope"

"Okay, come on we're changing places" I told the guy jumping out of the car as we switched so Lando was the one behind the wheel now.

After messing around on the track for a while we were dying on laughter. "You were right when you said this would be fun" Lando admitted with a huge smile on his face.

"I know" I said cocky and grinned to the guy. I was happy.

"Come on" I said once again getting up from the car. I walked little further on the snow and Lando followed me. I was really late and the sky was clear and full of stars. It was something you didn't see in those big cities we traveled a lot during the year. I stopped after a little while and just stared up.

"It's pretty" I told Lando when he finally got next to me.

"Yeah, very pretty" he sighed and I turned to look at him just to find him already looking at me.

"Lando"

"Sof"

"I love you"

"I love you too" 

I had just gotten back from my trip to the airport and it was already dark as I made my way through the little paths on the cemetery. I came here as often as I could. I always placed a candle first to my grandma's grave and stayed there a while before moving on to my uncle's grave. 

"Hey Unc" I smiled to the stone and lighted up the second candle on my hands. "So I did it, I drove a F1 car. You should've seen it, it was awesome and even if that didn't end up to be my job, even that one experience in that thing was more than enough to make me smile for the rest of my days, and I owe it all to you."

"My parents weren't too happy about it though, but I don't really care cause I know how it would've made you smile to stand there next to the track cheering as I would've been flying past you. Other than that there is not much anything new to tell you, except that I'm starting a new job with Ferrari, the Ferrari that Michael basically gave his all and I'm just so excited to be able to keep his legacy alive in a way too. I just wished you were here to see it, both of you"

"Well, anyways merry Christmas and I love you"

I slowly walked away from the grave. I didn't feel sad coming here anymore. I just felt closer to him and it was all that mattered. 

There was on more stop to make before I would be heading back to home. 

I stopped in front of the ocean of candles and lighted one more putting it among the others that were for those who were buried somewhere else or were far away from us some other ways. 

"Long time no see, A" I smiled as I quietly spoke to my candle. "It did work by the way, Pierre for sure thought that I would've been a dude, and yes you heard it right I met your precious Pierre. But most of all I just wanted you to know that I did it"

"I got back on track" 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.6K 268 15
Driver x driver You can request something and I will try my best to write it for you The stories are mostly based on song lyrics yeah and my writing...
17.6K 431 17
she only wanted to write a book.. about a passion she long forgotten when she met a specific McLaren driver, she only thought the flirting was harmle...
246K 3.1K 36
Alex was on a plane to Barcelona. Unexpectedly she made friends with two guys who sat next to her. They were touristing in the city. Thinking she wou...
1.3K 40 6
"𝘛𝘩𝘦𝘴𝘦 𝘤𝘢𝘳𝘴 𝘮𝘢𝘺 𝘣𝘦 𝘧𝘢𝘴𝘵, 𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘭𝘺 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯, 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘸𝘩𝘰 𝘴𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘴 𝘮𝘦 𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘰 𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘥𝘳𝘪𝘷𝘦...