Love in the Night | Dick Gray...

By swiftielvrrr

(UNDER EDITING 9/26/23) Olivia Kent had grown up as a sweet and loving girl until death had made her cold. D... More

Characters
Background
1| Clark Kent
2| Minneapolis, Minnesota
3| Storage Unit
Ch 4: Explosion
Ch 5: Motel
Ch 6: Safe House
Ch 7: Demonic Posessions
Ch 8: Mephisto
Ch 9: Asylum
Ch 10: Reconcile
Ch 11: Old Friends
Ch 12: End of Trigon
Ch 13: San Francisco
Ch 14: The Return of Dr. Light
Ch 15: Titans
Ch 16: Burnt City
Ch 17: Garth
Ch 18: Deathstroke
Ch 19: Saving Jason
Ch 20: Conner Kent
Ch 21: Lies
Ch 22: Atlantis
Ch 23: Elko
Ch 24: Donna Troy
Ch 25: Clea
Ch 26: Thanos
Ch 27: Barbara Gordon
Ch 28: Jason's Alive
Ch 29: Hank Hall
Ch 30: Sniper
Ch 31: Chthon
Ch 32: He Returns
Added Cast
Ch 34: Wedding Bells
To Be Continued
Ch 35: America Chavez
Ch 36: Metropolis-191
Ch 37: Goodbye For Now
Ch 38: Mistakes
Ch 39: Consequences
Ch 40: Road Trip
Ch 41: S.T.A.R. Labs
Ch 42: Lex Luthor
Ch 43: Time of Need
Ch 44: Unwanted Guests
Ch 45: Old Friends 2.0
Ch 46: Arrest
Ch 47: The Great Counsel

Ch 33: Awaken

671 19 0
By swiftielvrrr

I opened my eyes looking around the room before sitting up. Tommy and Billy were sleeping against each other as I looked down at my body. I moved my legs to the edge of the bed slowly standing up. I grabbed my head as Tommy jolted up.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"How long was I sleeping for?" I asked.

"Days" he said.

"Days?" I asked. "I need to go."

"Olivia" he said.

"There's shit going down in Gotham, I need to go" I said.

I walked out of the room realizing we were in New York.

"He's dead" Billy said.

I stopped walking instantly turning around.

"What did you just say?" I asked.

"He's dead, Liv" he said.

"No" I said. "He can't be."

"I'm sorry" Tommy said.

Tears began to fall down my face as I closed my eyes. Tommy grabbed my arm before I transported as I turned to him.

"I'm coming with you" he said.

I looked at Billy who nodded.

"You're not going with Billy?" I asked.

"I want to go with you" he said.

"I need to learn the ropes of being the Sorcerer Supreme" Billy said. "But if I didn't, I would come too. We have no reason to stay with the Avengers."

"They always treated mom like she was some sort of outsider because she never could fully control her powers" he said. "You're the closest person we have to her."

"Fine" I said.

I smiled walking to Billy.

"Clea will teach you well" I whispered.

He smiled nodding his head. I turned around to Tommy, grabbing his hand.

"I hope we see you soon" I said.

"Me too" Billy said.

I closed my eyes transporting us to Gotham. I looked around at the town as many of the shops had boards up.

"What the hell happened" I said.

Tommy grabbed my hand speeding off as shots were fired at us. I looked at his arm as it bled. I hovered my hand over the wound healing it as he rubbed over where the bullet hit him. I looked around hearing multiple gunshots. I turned the corner to see a handful of Gotham cops shooting at a vehicle.

"Stay here" I said.

I walked out as more cops appeared and began shooting. I twisted my hands as the cops began to scream and fell to the ground. I smiled as Rachel appeared. I threw a psionic ball to a cop as he stood up knocking him back down.

"Hi" I smiled.

I held my arms up as she walked into the hug.

"Why don't you get out of that fur suit and come say hi" someone said from behind me.

I froze slowly unwrapping my arms from Rachel. I turned around as Donna smiled with Gar next to her.

"Holy shit" I said. "You look pretty good for someone who's dead."

"You flatter me" she smiled.

I walked up to her wrapping my arms around her. I turned my head as Tommy popped his head out.

"You can come out!" I yelled.

Tommy sped towards us waving his hand.

"I'm Tommy" he smiled.

"Oh my god" Gar said. "Speed!"

I smiled as Gar shook his hand.

"We have to go. Dick sent us to find you" Rachel said looking at Donna.

"Wait he's alive?" I asked.

"It's a long story" she said. "There's something going down with Crane."

"I think I'm gonna need a minute" Donna said.

I ruffled Gar's hair as a kid ran up to us.

"And who might you be?" I asked.

"Tim Drake" he said.

"Nice to meet you, Tim Drake" I smiled.

Gar twitched his head as someone talked into his mic.

"Chinatown" he said.

I held up my hands creating a portal to outside the coordinates. The six of us walked through it and walked inside the building. I looked around as minutes later Kory, Conner and Blackfire walked in. Conner practically ran into my arms as I smiled.

"Hey, kid" I said.

He smiled before going to look at all the papers. I watched the door as Dick walked in. I ran towards him taking in his scent.

"I thought you were dead" I said.

"I thought you were" he said grabbing my face.

"Can we figure this out so we can get the hell out of here?" I laughed.

He nodded kissing my forehead as we walked towards the others. I stood beside Tim looking through the papers.

"How the hell are we supposed to find these fucking bombs?" I said.

"All right, everybody stop" Dick said. "Forget the poem. Forget the clues. We've been going about this all wrong."

"What are you up to?" I asked.

He took a deep breath before taking out his phone. Rachel began to talk about the Lazarus Pit.

"So that's how Jason and Dick were brought back?" I asked.

She nodded as Kory and Donna walked out to Dick. Soon Dick went off with Tommy, Tim and Gar while the rest of us stayed. Conner went on a monologue about the plan with the Lazarus Pit.

"You just explained our idea to us" Donna said.

"But I drew it on the board" Conner said.

I smiled looking down.

"So, we ready?" I asked looking around.

I created a portal to where Rachel said the Lazarus Pit was. I followed Rachel down to the basement while Kory and Blackfire were close behind me. I tapped the side of my head as my suit appeared on my body.

"There's something very wrong about this place" Blackfire said.

"It absorbs the worst fears and nightmares of anyone who's ever been in it" Rachel said.

"I can feel the dark magic" I said tilting my head as we all looked at it. "Too dark for you?"

"No" she said.

"And if it goes wrong?" Blackfire asked.

"It's the last thing we'll ever do" she said.

"You don't have to do this" Kory said.

"Do you think I'm afraid?" She asked.

"You should be" Kory said. "I am."

Blackfire and I exchanged looks as I nodded.

"I'm ready" she said.

I held my hands up as they began to glow.

"Me too" Rachel said.

"Then what are we waiting for?" Kory said.

Rachel closed her eyes while holding her hands out. The dark cloud from her body began glowing slightly purple as she screamed out.

"Rachel. Rachel are you okay?" Kory asked.

"No!" She yelled.

I looked at Blackfire before green psionic beams left my palms and into the pit. She did the same with her fire as Kory created a sort of field around the pit holding it into a ball. Blackfire stumbled back as the fire went back into her body. I walked closely behind Kory as we went to the surface.

"Okay, we have one chance at this" she said.

She threw the ball up to the sky as it instantly turned purple. It began thundering with lightning hitting buildings nearby.

"Oh no" she said. "I knew we forgot about something."

"What!" Blackfire said.

A lightning bolt nearly hit her as Kory responded.

"The Lazarus Pit isn't gonna do much good if we burn the city to the ground" she said.

"I'm on it" Donna said walking up.

"Hell no" I said. "You're gonna get yourself killed. Again."

"You know what they say about lightning" she said.

She took out her lasso throwing it to the sky as she absorbed the lightning from the sky. I smiled as it began to rain.

"Purple rain" Rachel said.

"You know there's a song called Purple Rain" I said. "The man who sings it lived in Minnesota. I got to visit his house once."

She turned smiling. At the manor I looked around at the mess Crane had made. A figure stood at the end of the hall staring out the window.

"I never hated you" I said.

"You should've" Jason said.

"But I didn't" I said. "I'm sorry for not fighting hard enough on your behalf. I never imagined anything would end up this way. I know you haven't known me for very long but I've known you long enough to know you were never bad just misunderstood."

"I killed a lot of people" he said. "I can't come back from that."

"After I left the Titans and moved to Minneapolis, I thought it would be a fresh start" I said. "But I had a lot of hate in me. I tried to go to therapy, I even tried journaling but the hate won. I hated myself for not being able to save my dad or Garth. I went on a killing spree all around Minnesota. I thought it would help but it didn't. I have to live with that the rest of my life, I can't bring them back. I have to move forward, you have to move forward."

He looked down as I walked towards him.

"I know you don't plan on staying" I said. "But if you need someone, I'll always be there for you, Jason."

I smiled before walking away. I walked into Dick as he crashed his lips onto mine.

"Knew you'd come back" he said as we pulled apart.

"Well, Garth wasn't going to let me stay over there" I smiled.

"Airport at ten" he said.

"Got it" I winked.

I walked outside smiling at Tommy.

"You ever been to San Francisco?" I asked.

"Nope" he said.

"You, my dear brother, are now officially apart of the Titans" I said. "Fuck the Avengers."

He laughed shaking his head.

"Time to take you to your new home" I said.

I wrapped my arm around his shoulder smiling. I transported us to the airport as Tommy sped around. I closed my eyes as Kory paced back and forth.

"He said ten o'clock right?" She asked.

"He said ten" Conner said.

I turned around as a bus honked.

I smiled as Dick waved from the driver seat. He hopped out of the RV smiling.

"Hey, Dick, what is that?" Rachel asked.

"That's an RV" he said pointing to it. "Figured it would be way more fun than taking Bruce's jet."

"Road trip!" Gar said running onto the RV.

"Right because who would want to fly in the bat jet?" Rachel asked smiling.

Tommy followed Gar onto the RV as I smiled walking to Donna.

"Something tells me you're not coming with us" I said.

"You always read me better than everybody else" she said.

"Give Dawn my best" I said.

"Will do" she said.

I grabbed her body smiling.

"Always a call away" I said.

"I know" she said.

"Love you, Donna" I said.

"Love you too, Liv" she smiled.

"I got a good idea" Dick said. "Let's get the hell out of Gotham."

"Sounds a plan to me" I said walking towards him.

I turned around looking at Tim.

"You coming?" I asked.

"Are you serious?" He asked.

"Are you?" I smiled.

"You got some nice moves but you need proper training" Dick said. "If you're up for it."

Tim smiled walking in between us and onto the RV. Dick held his arm out as I got onto the RV looking at Tommy and Gar looking through everything.

"We have one more stop before San Francisco" Dick said getting on. "And then wedding time."

"Wait what?" I said.

"Told you after all of this, I would give you a proper wedding" he said.

I looked at Kory who smiled.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.3K 380 10
In my world, the only thing that matters is who's alive in the end. And I planned on being alive...until I met the Titans. (Robstar, Starfire/Red X)...
265K 9.5K 48
Mixed Messages: Could you fall in love with someone you've met before? Never seen, never touched, never heard, never felt? Most people think it's im...
32.4K 713 21
After having a strange and cruel nightmare, Damian Wayne felt more violent and vengeful and not himself. The other Titans got suspicious and thinking...
134 12 7
There's something inside all of us. A darkness, whether we'll admit it or not. Sometimes, we let it take control. And we like it.