Power Up! (Male Reader)

By Morning_Blankets

Townsville, USA. A normal city with strange problems. Monsters, villains, and even demons try to attack the c... More

Once Upon A Time....
Working In The Dark
Life Keeps Moving
Favors For A Friend
Meeting At The Mall
Making A Deal With The Devil
A Dance Recital And Late Night Chats
The Day Life Of A Super Powered Teenager
Operation: S.C.R.I.P.T
A Trio Of Questions
Countdown To Homecoming
Homecoming Finally
Three Identities, Three Troubles
The Black Puddle Queen Pt. 1
The Black Puddle Queen Pt. 2
The Tale of The Four Kings
Cityville Pt. 1
Cityville Pt. 2
The Underworld
Kinda Fixing Things
Things Are Never Easy
Vilestown Pt. 1
Vilestown Pt. 2
Vilestown Pt. 3
Vilestown Pt. 4
Vilestown Pt. 5
Minor Adjustments
OVAs #1
Date At The.......
A Secret Family
A Saturday On A Monday
The Secret Misadventures Pt. 1
The Secret Misadventures Pt. 2
The Secret Misadventures Pt. 3
The Secret Misadventures Pt. 4
What Do We Do Now?
Voting #3
16 Candles And One Wish
Lakeview Pt. 1
Lakeview Pt. 2
Lakeview Dance
Into The Unknown Pt. 1
Into The Unknown Pt. 2
Into The Unkown Pt. 3
Into The Unknown Pt. 4
A/N
Tales Of The Unknown Pt. 1
Q&A
New Cover! (A/N)
Tales Of The Unknown Pt. 2
Tales Of The Unknown Pt. 3
Tales of The Unknown Pt. 4
Tales of The Unknown Pt. 5
Capital Of The Unknown Pt. 1
Capital Of The Unknown Pt. 2
Back To Townsville
Mystery Inc. Pt. 1
Myserty Inc. Pt 2
Meeting Your Heroes Pt. 1
Meeting Your Heroes Pt. 2
Something In The Orange
Future Quest Pt. 1
Future Quest Pt. 2
Future Quest Pt. 3
Future Quest Pt. 4
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
A/N

The Mark of Kings

4.9K 269 235
By Morning_Blankets

You waited with your arms crossed on the train platform. You were heading to meet Brick at Foster's. He figured it was a good place to meet to discuss your new mark.

You weren't really sure why he chose Foster's, but you trusted him.

Though, you weren't alone in this trip.

Mitch: We'll be back in time for my date tonight, right? Robin will kill me if I miss another one.

Brat: Heh. I'd pay to see that.

Mitch agreed to go with you, but Brat insisted that she tag along. Not that she had anything else to do. She didn't really know anyone else. Courage was also present, but he was asleep in your backpack.

The train finally arrived and you all got on. It was time to learn what was going on.

Power Up!

You reached up and grabbed a hold of the hand bar. Mitch did the same. Brat looked up and went to reach for it, but she couldn't. She was too short.

You noticed this and came up with an idea. You reached up and grabbed the bar yourself, offering her your arm. She initially refused, but she finally reached up and held your bicep just so she wasn't stumbling.

She refused to look at you.
---------------
Mitch: So, this is Foster's. Interesting looking house.

Brat was impressed as well. Though, in her world, she was pretty sure Berserk burnt this place down. She decided to keep that to herself.

You lead the way into the house and up to Mac's room. Everyone pretty much know who you were so no one bothered you. A few of the kids even greeted you.

Though, it was as warm as ever.

You finally made it to Mac's room. You knocked on the door and waited for a response. Instead, the door opened to reveal Mac.

Mac: Hey, guys. Come on in. We've been waiting for you.

Mac opened the door in full to let you all in. You all entered the room and Mac closed the door. Brick was already there, leaning against the wall. He looked up when he heard you all enter.

You pulled your backpack off and set it down, allowing Courage to get out.

Brick: Have a good trip?

Y/N: A bit bumpy, but we made it.

Brick looked at Brat and raised a brow. Seeing someone who looked so much like Bubbles wearing that kind of clothes, it was a bit bizarre.

However, he turned his attention back to you. He then looked down at your hand and smiled.

Brick: Well, look at that. You got your mark.

You held up your hand. You then looked to Mac who was still present.

Brick: He knows.

You turned to him shocked.

Y/N: You told him?!

Brick smirked.

Brick: Told him? Y/N, he knows everything. You really didn't notice? You don't feel the air?

Was he talking about how warm it was? What did that have to do with anything?

Brick slowly raised his hand and flexed it. Suddenly, a red mark that looked like yours appeared. His eyes began to glow a bright red as the heat grew worst.

He clenched his fist and everything returned to normal.

Mitch: Uh, what the heck?

Y/N: You....you're a King?!

Brick chuckled.

Brick: Yeah. I guess, I guess I should explain some things.

Brat: Uh, yeah. That would help.

Brick lowered his hand and nodded to Mac. He walked past you and joined Brick.

Brick: After we were destroyed by the Powerpuffs, me and my brothers were brought back by our second father, HIM. A son of Aku. The first Red King.

Y/N: Does that mean...

Brick: I'm technically Aku's grandson. Funny, right?

He was the son of the first Red King. The son of a demon. He had the power of the Red King. Whatever that was.

Brick: I never did explain what the Kings really were, did I? I guess I should start there.

He scratched his chin for a moment before he held up four fingers.

Brick: There's four Kings. The quick and impulsive Blue King, the strong and defensive Green King, the firey and courageous Red King, and the mysterious and kind Black King. Each had their own power. For the Red King, I got the Flame Power.

He snapped his fingers which made a small flame. The same kind he made when you first met. He got rid of it.

Mitch: So, what power did Y/N get? He's the Black King, right?

Brick nodded.

Brick: I'm not entirely sure what, but HIM called it the Void Power.

You thought back to your fight against N/Y.

As if it was instinct, you lifted your hand and flexed it. A black circle appeared below N/Y which caught him off guard. His eyes grew wide when a series of dark, shadowy hands reached out and grabbed him.

Your right eye began to change. Your irises slowly turned into a strange green color while your pupils were now a bright red. You then opened a portal behind N/Y.

You threw him through it, just as another appeared overhead. N/Y fell back towards the ground where he was met with a strong kick to the jaw that finally ended with him rolling away.

Y/N: The Void Power?

Brick: That's not all. Did you notice that you didn't see the mark on my hand until just now?

He was right. He never had the mark before. He lifted his hand and you all watched as the mark slowly vanished. It then reappeared.

Brick: Neat trick, huh?

You looked at your hand and tried to do the same. Suddenly, the mark was gone. You then brought it back.

Y/N: Huh.

Brat: So what does this have to do with him knowing everything?

She pointed to Mac who seemed unfazed by all this information. Brick turned to him and nodded. Mac stepped forward and lifted his own hand, showing you a mark that looked just like Brick's.

You were all surpised by this. How did he have a mark?

Brick: It's something Kings can do. They can grant their power onto those close to them. By giving them their mark, the King's soldiers can then use some of their power themselves. Though, it varies between person to person. For Mac here....

Mac: I can project illusions. Like I'm doing right now.

You were all confused. Mac then lifted his hand up and his eyes flashed red. The heat in the building was suddenly gone. You looked around confused, before the door suddenly opened.

You all looked back to see.......what was that?

Coco: Coco.

Brick: Sorry, Coco. We'll return you guys back to human forms in a second. We're just showing our friends what Mac can do.

Coco: Coco. Coco coco coco.

Brick: Yeah, I'll play with you guys once we're done here. Promise.

You quickly realized that this was that girl with the green hair. Why did she look like that? What did Mac do?

Mac lifted his hand again and the room grew warm once more. Before Coco left completely, you saw her body change back to being human.

The door closed once again.

Brat: What was that?

Courage: <I also have questions>

Brick turned to Mac.

Mac: Well, it was during a war against the Underworld. Before Jr took over. It was the same war where his cousin, Billy, sacrificed himself to help some of the demons escape.

Brick: I managed to find this place. Mac's powers allowed us to use it as a safe haven for those who wished to escape the Underworld and start a new life here.

You thought back to meeting Mac for the first time. How he saved money for the other kids.

It was all starting to make a bit more sense. Was that why Brick and the Rowdyruff's were so protective of this place?

Brat: So this place is under your protection?

Brick: Yeah. It's all we can really do.

You looked at your hand for a second.

Y/N: So, I can share my power with anyone?

Brick: Almost. It doesn't work on Demons or anyone with Chemical Y in their system. I tried to use it on my brothers, but it didn't work.

So, was it possible to share your power with the girls? Maybe give Buttercup an extra power?

Mitch: So, when you say that it varies from person to person, does that mean that if, for example, Y/N gives me the mark, I would get some variation of the Void Power?

Brick: Yeah. I don't know what it would be, though. You could try it if you want.

You and Mitch both looked at each other. You shrugged. You didn't mind sharing. Mitch wasn't really against it either. He figured having a cool power would be interesting.

Mitch: How do we do it?

Brick: Grab each other's wrists.

You and Mitch turned to each other. Mitch then grabbed your left wrist with his right hand while you grabbed his left wrist with your right hand.

Brick: The other way, you morons.

Y/N/Mitch: Oh.

You let go. You lifted your dominat hand and grabbed his wrist. He then grabbed yours.

Brick: Now, gift him your mark.

You nodded. You turned back to Mitch.

Y/N: Alright. Mitch Mitchell, I grant you the power of my mark as the Black King.

Your eye suddenly changed just like it did during your fight against N/Y. The black energy from before surrounded your hands. Your mark began to glow before the same mark appeared on Mitch's hand.

You both watched with wide eyes as the energy faded.

Mitch retracted his hand and looked at it.

Mitch: Woah. I feel....different somehow. So, what can I do?

You shrugged. You then had an idea. You formed a fist and quickly swung at Mitch. However, when you did, Mitch found himself suddenly aware. His eyes grew wide as time seemed to slow down.

He leaned back to avoid your fist before time returned to normal. You all looked at him oddly. A black aura surrounded him as he seemwd to move faster than normal. Mitch then quickly turned and punched your gut.

It kind of hurt.

Y/N: Yeah, figured that would work.

Mitch: Why did you try to punch me?! What the heck, dude?!

You smiled awkwardly.

Y/N: Sorry. It's just, I found out about my power when I was getting attacked. But, uh, I wasn't going to hit you that hard.

Mitch didn't believe you. He looked back at his hand and smiled.

Mitch: So, I have powers now?

Brick: Power. You only get one.

You and Mitch looked at each other and smiled. Brat watched this from the side with Courage.

Brick: Though, if you really want to even the playing field, you should get a third Knight.

You raised a brow.

Y/N: Who else has a mark on your side?

Brick: Mandy. Her power is....well, let's just hope you never have to see it.

So he had Mac and Mindy.

Brat: I'll do it!

You all turned to Brat. She held a fist to her chest with determined eyes.

Y/N: What?

Brat: I said...I'll do it. I'll be one of your Knights!

You were surpised.

Y/N: Why?

Brat: Because....because I owe you my life. You pulled me here to give me a second chance. I want to use it to do what you do. To protect those weaker than us. So allow me to bare your mark and to be your Knight!

Y/N: Okay.

Brat froze. She then looked at you with dead eyes. You agreed to it so quickly. You just accepted it with no further questions.

You held out your arm while Brat stood there still shocked.

Brat: Why do you trust me so much?

Y/N: Because if you're my responsibility. If you mess up, I mess up. If you wear my mark, then I'll make sure you use it for good. So, you wanna be my Knight?

Brat slowly came out of her shock and look at you. She then nodded and grabbed your wrist. You smiled.

Y/N: Brat.....uh....

You looked up.

Y/N: I don't know your last name.

Brat: Oh, it's Plutonium.

You nodded.

Y/N: Alright. Brat Plutonium, I grant you the power of my mark as the Black King.

Once again, your eye changed and the black energy surrounded your hands. The mark appeared on her hand and everything returned to normal.

You then smiled as you raised a fist.

Y/N: Time to test it out!

Brat: Swing at me and it'll be the last thing you do.

You slowly lowered your fist.

Y/N: We'll just trust that it works.

Brick chuckled a bit.

Brick: I like her. Definitely prefer her over Bubbles.

Brat stood there proudly.

Mitch: Alright, well, if we're done here, I do have a date to get to.

Brick nodded.

Brick: I think that abiit covers it.

Y/N: Wait!

Everyone turned to you.

Y/N: What about the other Kings? The Blue and Green King? Where are they?

Brick shrugged.

Brick: I have no clue. My powers came from my father. Yours came from that accident. Beyond that, I have no idea how the other Kings could even get picked.

You caught something.

Y/N: Wait, but, how did I get the power of a King from the accident? I mean, I thought it was just Chemical Z.

Brick was about to answer, but he stopped when he realized he didn't know.

Brick: That's a good question. I guess it's something you'll have to look into.

He was right. There was clearly something else on that truck. But, what was it? How do you even figure that out?

Mitch: We'll investigate later. I really need to get to that date. Powers or not, Robin is unstoppable when she's on a war path.

Right. You needed to get your friend back to Townsville for his date with Robin.

It was fine. You got what you came here for.
--------------
You laid in your bed and stared up at your roof. Brat sat on her beanbag, now wearing her black pajamas, still reading. Courage slept peacefully at the foot of your bed.

You heard a knock at your door and looked over as it opened. Liz poked her head through and smiled.

Liz: Hello, little brother.

You gagged.

Y/N: Ew. Don't call me that, you old hag.

Liz placed a hand on her chest.

Liz: Oh, you wound me so, my dear brother. And to think that I came here to give you a gift.

You rolled your eyes.

Y/N: What do you want?

Liz just smirked as he held up two tickets. You sat up and looked her oddly.

Liz: I happened to win these in a raffle. Unfortunately, I'm a rather busy person and I don't have anyone to go with.

Y/N: That's because you have no personality.

Liz: So I figured I would give them to you. You can invite one of your friends.

She tossed the tickets towards you. You caught them effortlessly and looked at them.

You smiled a bit.

Y/N: You know what? Thank you, dear sister.

Liz gagged.

Liz: Ew. Yeah, that's too weird. Have fun~

She closed your door. Brat turned to you.

Brat: That was weird.

You just shrugged. You looked at the two tickets and got an idea.

You decided to invite one of your friends. Maybe, even make it a date?

Who Are You Taking?
(The Chosen Option Will Also Determine Where The Tickets Are To)

Blossom

Bubbles

Buttercup

Mystery Date

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

113K 4.1K 88
Before anything can begin, it must first Start from Zero. Before there was Red vs Blue, there was Project Freelancer. And before there was Project...
29.1K 1K 52
It's my first story. It is my imagination. If any of the part or incidents is related to any of ur story or life is purely co incident. A story of a...
940K 16.1K 41
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...