The Bad Boy's Brothers

By uhoh132

After being in the foster care system for 14 years, 16-year-old Will learns that he has 5 older brothers and... More

Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14

Chapter 5

9.4K 226 60
By uhoh132

Wills POV:

By the time we're done with the tour, it's around 6:30. As we walk past the original room that we were in, Vincent calls us back in.

"Becky is going to be staying for dinner," Vincent informs us.

"Also," Becky adds, "While you weren't here, Brad called me. You're actually going to have a different probation officer here. Originally, we were planning on having them virtually, but he feels that you need to meet in person. You'll meet your new probation officer tomorrow at a local cafe, his name is Chris."

Although I know I shouldn't feel this scared, my brain automatically jumps to the Chris who was one of my foster brothers when I was nine. I can't even think about what happened without needing to puke.

"Come here, Will. I promise you'll like it. Remember, don't tell anyone, this is our little secret."

"What are you doing? Stop."

"It's okay, we're going to have so much fun together."

"I don't like this. Chris, please stop."

"You're fine."

"STOP-"

"Shh Will. Remember, this is our little secret, we don't want anyone to hear us."

"I don't like doing this Chris."

"I like it though, don't you want to make me happy?"

"I guess."

"Good, come here then."

"But I really don't like it."

"We just talked about this, come. here."

"Please stop Chris!"

"You're fine Will."

"It really hurts."

"I know, push through the pain for me, okay."

"I want to stop."

"You need to learn how to be strong, Will. I'm going to help you."

"But it hurts."

"Exactly."

"Why can't I tell anyone?"

"Because I said you couldn't."

"Why not though? You said there was nothing wrong with it."

"Because it's a secret between the two of us, remember?"

"I know, but I don't like it."

"Do you want to tell someone?"

"Yeah."

"But that would really hurt my feelings. Do you want to hurt my feelings, Will?"

"No."

"Then keep it a goddamn secret."

"Okay."

When Becky notices my panicked look, she stands up and comes over to me. I take a couple deep breaths to refocus myself.

"Not that one," she whispers in my ear so only I can hear.

"Alright, well dinner should be ready," Vincent interrupts, "Why don't we head into the dining room and we can have better introductions over dinner?"

We all take seats at the ornate dining table as a chef with a rolling cart filled with trays walks out from one of the doors.

I can't believe they have a fucking chef! How rich are these people?

"Tonight we have garlic-rosemary steak with mashed potatoes, roasted green beans, and gravy," The chef states.

"Thank you, Alex," Vincent says, taking a tray and passing it down.

The chef, who I'm guessing is named Alex, nods and leaves the room.

"So, why don't we go around and give better introductions of each other. I know you all spent a few hours together, but we didn't have very formal introductions before, just names," Vincent says as we dig in. "I'll start. My name is Vincent and as you know I am the father of Leo, Jaden, Kaiden, Theo, and you, Will. My other son, Charlie, is away at college. You'll meet him over Spring Break. I am the CEO and owner of Ace Security. I value our family very much and I am very glad you are back, we all are."

Maybe you should tell Leo that.

"I know you probably don't remember me, but you did live with us for two years, so I do remember you and you have certainly grown up." Vincent finishes, "Leo, you're next."

"I'm Leo, as you know. I'm 26 and I have a law degree from Harvard. I currently work for Ace as an attorney. In a couple of years, I might be moving to DC, where our East Coast HQ is, to take over there."

"That is so thrilling Leo," Theo says, smirking.

"Shut up Theo, you'll barely get into college on an athletic scholarship. You wish you could be a lawyer like me," Leo responded.

"Believe it or not, I don't want to be like you. Because, unlike you, I have friends," Theo clapped back.

"Boys," Vincent interjected.

"Sorry Dad," They both said and went back to their meals.

"Well, I'm Jaden. I'm 24 and I have a Master's degree in finance. I head up finances for Ace. I also enjoy playing soccer and going on hikes. We should go hiking together sometime. I'll bring my camera and take photos of nature." Jaden says.

"I'm Kaiden. I'm 19, I graduated from high school last year, but I'm taking a gap year and interning at a couple of different places before I go to college. I'm mostly an introvert, unlike the rest of them, so if you ever want a break from their relentless energy, you can always find me."

"I'm Theo. I'm 17 and a junior at Elk Valley High School, which is where you'll be going, Will, so I can show you around. I'm the quarterback for our football team, everyone's pretty cool, I think they'll like you."

"Why don't you two introduce yourselves, Will and Luca," Vincent suggests.

I didn't really want to, but luckily Luca jumped to my rescue.

"I'm Luca! I'm ten and I'm in fifth grade. I really love animals and pizza! I especially love dogs, I used to have a dog named Jewel when I lived with my parents. We lived by the beach in California and went there every day. My dad taught me how to kayak and I also really like doing that. I also really like candy and sweets!"

I stay silent after Luca is done.

"Will?" Vincent says, raising his eyebrows.

"Yeah?"

"Will, introduce yourself," Becky cuts in.

"I'm Will. I'm 16."

"What else?" Becky encourages.

"Nothing," I say.

"You're a sophomore in high school, right?" Becky asks.

"Yeah," I replied.

"Are you excited to start school here?" Becky continues.

"No."

"Why not?"

"I'm just not."

Becky sighs, "What about hobbies?"

"Don't have any."

"That's fine if you don't want to talk for now," Vincent says. "I can tell you a little bit about Charlie, your older brother at college. He's 21 and a senior at UC Berkeley. He's studying to become an engineer. We recently talked to him and he's very excited to visit and meet you two."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After dinner, Becky pulls me outside.

"Will, I know you don't know them and you probably resent them, but I need you to lose the attitude. They are thrilled to have the two of you here, do you want to ruin this for Luca?"

"Don't bring him into this, he has nothing to do with it," I responded. I can't believe she pulled the 'Luca card'.

"Whatever, Will. I don't know your reasons for being so bitchy towards them, but you can't behave that way."

"Why not?"

Becky sighs and fixes me with a glare. "Try and give them a reason to want to keep you, because you're not off to a great start."

Damn, harsh.

"It's not my fault you started the introductions by telling them I'm on probation for attempted murder."

"It's not my fault that you are! It was information that I legally needed to disclose to all of them and the rest, you should be glad I didn't tell them all about your past right then."

"Well, you told Vincent!"

"I did tell Vincent, because as you know, I am required to tell him so he can be prepared in case something happens."

"What would happen? Nothing has happened at any other foster homes."

"This isn't a foster home, Will. He's your father."

"No, he isn't."

"This really isn't up to you."

"I know."

"Speaking of talking to Vincent, we agreed that you will go to therapy."

"I've already been to therapy. It didn't work."

"Maybe if you give it a chance, it will," Becky says, not unkindly.

"Fine, what else?"

"I just want you to know, even if you're not in the system anymore, if anything goes wrong, you call me."

"You mean if Leo goes wrong."

"I just meant, if you ever feel unsafe, I can come back and get you two."

"I guess you don't trust their nice façades either."

"I never said that."

"Fine then, anything else you want to say?"

"That's it. Just..." She pauses, "Please just try Will. I know you don't want to, but they're trying and so should you."

And that was that.

Becky left.

Now it was just me and Luca with these people.

A/N: 

I hope you liked this chapter!

Thank you for over 100 reads!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.8K 395 13
Hunter is 10 years old he is forced to move with his abusive mom to live with his step dad and step brothers. He has a secret that no one knows but h...
485K 13.7K 101
#1 in the series || "Are you going to leave?" I asked, looking up into his eyes. "Never." He said, a tired smile spread across his face. "Don't make...
Home By Kristin Ramdeen

General Fiction

3.1K 179 77
What is home? For a 10 year old boy, home never existed, a mother was a dream and a father was unimaginable. The place one lived was more often, not...
1.8K 39 32
Kyle and Jordan recently turned 21 and 20. Their billionaire parents are no longer living and they have inherited their fortune. Now they are talking...