The Witch's Child (Re:zero)

By filip1500

Natsuki Subaru needed help, he didn't know how to overcome the obstacles in the Sanctuary and the mansion. So... More

The Deal
I'll never let you die again
Elsa vs The Devils Son
Roswaal Mansion
Rage
Roswaal Mansion Massacre
Regret
Freedom
Reconciliation
Extended Bio
Getting Ready for Conflict
Battle against Mabeasts
Explaination
The Start of the Royal Election
Are you perhaps...Pride?
Scars
The Plan
Meeting with Sloth
The White Whale
You're dead...
Mamoru's Envy
Sloth's Demise
Malfunctioning Authority
Heading to the Sanctuary
The Warlock of...
Real or Fake?
Sanctuary
The Witch's Child
Containing Garfiel
Assault on The Mansion
Natsuki Mamoru Vs Lust & Gluttony
Trust
Confusion
Invisible Providence
The Truth
Resolve
Before the Battle
Round Two
Fear
Victory
Who do you think you are to change fate?
The Fear of Vanity
Forced Silence
Happy Conclusion
Daily Life
The Child Maniac
What If? Julius Vs Mamoru
Training
An Interesting Encounter
Discovery
Experiment
Mabeast Transformation
Weirdo
Iris's Parents
Mamoru finds a bottle
Mamoru's Drunk Adventure
Mabeast Trip
Too Young to Drink
Mamoru Vs Iris
Girl Who Lacks Sight
Do you hate me?
Returning to The Mansion
Beginning of Arc 5
Journey to Priestella
Mamoru's Mabeasts INFO
Priestella
Talks with Anastasia
Stroll with an Idiot
Unexpected Reunion
Duel Against Reinhard
Heinkel And The Audacity of This Bi--
Potential Consequences
The Beginning and The End of Wrath
Attack of The Cultists
Delusional Love
Cult Broadcast
Conference Before The Raid
Capella VS Mamoru
Mamoru's Bad Plan
Birth of Lust

Natsuki Mamoru's Trial

1.4K 57 33
By filip1500

Eventually, Garfiel came out of the Witch's tomb with a totally diffirent air around him, like something changed within him.

Mamoru: I guess It's safe to assume he managed to beat his past.

Subaru nodded his head with a smile on his face, since Garfiel was done with the trial, it was going to be Emilia's turn to enter the tomb.

But before Emilia got to even step inside the tomb, Subaru grabbed her by the shoulder, stopping her from entering the trial.

She turned to him with slight confusion on her face.

Emilia: Subaru?

Subaru had an idea, ever since he had told Mamoru to trust him, something was off about the young Mabeast. He seemed kind off...Distant? Like something was bringing him down.

He snapped his finger as everyone's attention turned to him, excluding Rem as she seemed to be sitting on some steps thinking over the information that had been provided by Mamoru about his whole existance.

Subaru: Why doesn't Mamoru take the trial first?

Everyone was silent with unreadable expressions on their faces...Everyone except for Mamoru who was looking weirdly at his father.

Mamoru: No? Sounds like a waste of time.

Mamoru turned away from Subaru as he glanced at Rem, who seemed to be ignoring everyone around her...She was really focused, huh.

He then felt someone pick him off the ground like he was some kind of hand bag, he looked towards the person who picked him up and it was none other than his own father, Natsuki Subaru.

Mamoru: Eh?

Everyone silently watched as Subaru walked into the tomb while carrying Mamoru by his side. Mamoru was saying "eh?" Every two or three seconds in confusion before Subaru opened the door inside the tomb and placed Mamoru inside the room while closing the door.

Mamoru simply sat against the door for a couple of seconds, completely flabergasted at what has just occured.

Meanwhile Subaru walked out of the tomb, when he exited he saw Garfiel trying to hold back some chuckles as Ram looked like she wanted to face palm.

They all looked towards the tomb as they saw it fully light up, indicating the start of a trial.

The young demi-human walked up to Subaru and wrapped his arm around him.

Garfiel: So, cap'n. About tha' whole trial thing...

The black haired youth chuckled slightly.

Subaru: Cap'n? What's up with that?

Garfiel: Doesn't matter, just a way of showing ya my respect towards ya...It's just...

He looked akwardly to the side, probably trying to find the right words to say, which confused Subaru slightly.

Garfiel: In the tomb...I saw you get...Desperate?

Subaru blinked for a moment as he didn't get what Garfiel was getting at, but after a couple of seconds he realized what Garfiel meant and his face quickly heated up red like a tomato.

Subaru: What?! You saw that?! I didn't think anyone would come in there before Emilia! And now Mamoru will see it too?!

He shook his head in embarrasment as he looked at Garfiel, although he was still covering his face with his hands.

Subaru: Look, you're not a kid so just- Wait, you are a kid! Damn it!

Garfiel just laughed as Subaru tried to get him to stop laughing all the while Emilia looked on confused at the two boy's conversation.

*1 minute earlier*

Mamoru looked around himself while sitting against the door. He looked at the walls and noticed something scribbled on them, they were motivational words with drawings on them like Puck.

Mamoru put a hand over his mouth as he giggled slightly before giving a quick sigh while standing up.

Mamoru: Welp, here goes nothing...

He walked forward, a wave of dizziness and exhaustion suddenly came over Mamoru as he took another step forward and fell to the ground.

For a moment everything was dark, silent and lonely around Mamoru, but as he opened his eyes he saw the beautiful night sky above him.

He then looked forward as a familiar building was sitting infront of him. The young Mabeast chuckled to himself before muttering something to himself.

Mamoru: There wasn't really another option, was there?

The building infront of him was the mansion owned by Roswaal, the one he currently lived in. Despite there being no diffirence between this mansion and the actual mansion, Mamoru already knew when this trial is taking place.

???: Throughout life, a person experiences events, situations, difficulties that may satisfy them, annoy them or make them feel nothing but regret.

Mamoru turned to the voice behind him, he knew that voice all too well, it was his own voice after all.

Behind him stood the person that looked exactly like him, at first glance, they were the same too. They looked exactly the same, wore the same clothing, have the same voice, but there was one difference that made these two so different.

Who they were at their core, what kind of person they were. That was the true difference between these two.

The difference between the Warlock of Envy and Natsuki Mamoru.

Warlock of Envy: You on the other hand, haven't experienced much in your life, you're barely two months old anyway. So it's rather surprising that in such a short span of time, you have something to regret, a memory you despise so much that you'd rather forget it ever happened.

Mamoru stared at his counterpart with annoyance present on his face.

Mamoru: I would have prefered it if Mother was the one who was my guide in this trial.

The Warlock looked at his own counterpart with an amused smile.

Warlock of Envy: It would have also been more pleasant if my b- Father didn't have to die every so often, but the world is never nice to anyone.

Mamoru raised his eyebrow as he thought he heard his counterpart stutter, but eventually he shrugged and he laughed slightly as he remembered a certain Sword Saint currently in the capital of Lugunica, a being so loved by the world he had been granted enough Divine Protections to be called "strongest" or atleast close to it.

Wordlessly, Mamoru started making his way to the mansion with the Warlock following behind him.

Warlock of Envy: Hm? I'm supposed guide you through the trial, ya know?

Mamoru ignored the Warlock as he entered the mansion, he looked around and saw that all of the lights were out, he took a left as he already figured where he needed to go.

As much as Mamoru would have liked to walk in silence, the annoying Warlock seemed to have other ideas.

Warlock of Envy: I'm surprised that our Father suggested for you to take a trial. You guys aren't exactly made of time. Ya know, considering the whole Archbishop situation back at the mansion.

Once again, Mamoru ignored the Warlock as he walked through the empty mansion halls. At this point, Mamoru would have rather have no one be there with him if it meant that he could get rid of the Warlock.

Before the Warlock could even open his mouth, they managed to arrive to their destination.

The two of them saw Mamoru walking through the halls of the mansion alone with several Unseen hands behind him. When given a closer look, one would notice his glare that was present on his face.

Warlock of Envy: The massacre of the mansion residents, the point where you were at your greatest, no mercy for those that harm Subaru. You should truly be proud of this moment, you know?

Mamoru continued to ignore the Warlock as he started walking along with his past self.

He saw himself finding Rem, quickly he saw his past well wrap the Unseen hands around Rem as he had started to torture her along with swapping one of her lungs with a piece of bread.

Whether it was a good thing or not, he still didn't feel much when looking upon this scene, he still felt like she who had killed his father multiple times deserved such a fate.

Warlock of Envy: Wouldn't it be great to do this again? Bend her limbs, make her bleed, force her to beg for mercy as she's forced to atone for her sins? Wouldn't it be lovely to make her pay for her sins against the man I love?

Finally, Mamoru had turned to look at him with a questioning gaze, causing the Warlock to tilt his head in confusion. Mamoru seemed to shrug it off as he turned back to follow his past self.

Eventually, the Mamoru from the past made it to Ram and Rem's room, along with Rem who was being held up by multiple Unseen hands.

He saw Ram's panicked expression once she opened that door, her fearfull expression as she realized that her sister was hurt. But that expression quickly turned into one of anger as she saw the culprit.

He saw how his past self had moved Rem infront of him to be used as a meat shield from Ram's attack. He body was cut clean in half by Ram's attack as her dismembered legs fell to the ground and Rem's life finally faded.

Seemingly, something inside Ram broke as she realized what she had done, her will to fight had left her. It probably didn't help when Mamoru had used the Unseen hands to then rip Rem into nothing but flesh and blood.

His past self walked up to Ram while saying something about everyone here being nothing but garbage, before he used the Unseen hands to pull her stomach open while taking some of her vital organs out. She died shortly afterwards.

As the three Mamoru's stared at Ram's dead corpse, one of them with a sadistic smirk on his face, one with a simple smile on his face and one with an uncaring expression on his face. A magic attack came flying towards the Mamoru from the past.

Beatrice: Minya.

He had easily been able to block it with his Unseen hands, the smirk on his past self's face was more than enough of an indicator of what was about to happen.

The actual Mamoru on the other hand started to feel uncomfortable, the death of Rem and Ram hadn't affected him in anyway shape or form. But Beatrice? This was different, this felt wrong, he hated it.

The Warlock seemed to notice as he told Mamoru to not bother with a concept like "family" He should only care about protecting Subaru without letting his sister get in the way.

Mamoru wanted to slam his fist into the Warlock's stomach, but knew it was pointless as they were in the middle of a trial, he needed to keep his cool anyway to properly face what he had done.

Without attacking even once, he saw his past self use Beatrice's issues against her, to call himself "that" person to let him kill her.

Now that he thought about it, it wasn't much different from now, was it? He had lied to Beatrice about being "that" person, after all "that" person doesn't exist.

He clenched his fist as he saw his past self grab a knife and plunge it into Beatrice's neck, her mana flowing out of her into the atmosphere as her body slowly started to disappear.

And the next target was coming right towards them, although before his past self would confront that filthy clown, he had wanted to mess with the clown, so he ripped Ram's head off of her dead corpse and started walking towards Roswaal's office with her head in his arms.

After a little bit of walking, all three Mamoru's had heard footsteps quickly coming towards them, his past self had put Ram's head close to his as he put his chin on the top of her dismembered head.

Once Roswaal had turned the corner and saw the sight, he had instantly used an Al Goa to incinerate the young Mabeast.

Of course, a single Al Goa would never be enough to kill Natsuki Mamoru and his resolve, he had simply stepped aside while letting Ram's head be burned by the flames of her own master.

Warlock of Envy: This is probably the point where the two of us were closest to eachother, hell, I didn't even exist back then, there's no need for double personalities if they're just going to be two of the same, after all.

Mamoru: Shut your mouth.

The Warlock raised his eyebrow as he finally heard Mamoru speak in a while.

Warlock of Envy: Oh? Finally talking back are we-

Mamoru: Shut your mouth and watch.

The Warlock blinked, Mamoru's expression held no anger, no happiness, no sadness, no emotion. Despite living in his body, the Warlock wasn't aware of what was on the young Mabeast's mind.

The two of them turned back to watch as they followed Roswaal who was chasing the now fleeing Natsuki Mamoru, well his last self wasn't running away, he was simply leading Roswaal into a trap.

Mamoru looked around them for a moment, seeing the flames from earlier spread, Roswaal hadn't even tried to stop the flames, most likely knowing that this loop was over and done with.

They saw him turn a corner, to the Warlock and Mamoru they simply saw their past self standing there, although he was using Faceless Bride to make Roswaal see the one he wanted to see most, Echidna.

Roswaal bowed in excitement, although he had quickly realized that this made no sense, it had already been far too late. He was grabbed by Mamoru's Unseen hands and they twisted his arms to the point where they will never be used again.

His past self mocked Lugunica's greatest magician before he used a single Unseen hand to crush his head into nothing but mush. Even the current Mamoru would agree that death is the only thing Roswaal deserves.

But his past self smiled sadisticly as the Unseen hands started to rip, rip, rip and tear Roswaal's corpse apart, they ripped and ripped, ripped, ripped, ripped and ripped before they dropped the sack of flesh and blood on the ground.

Mamoru looked at his past self with a unreadable look in his eye, but that look quickly turned into somewhat shaken expression as all three Mamoru's heard a scream coming from somewhere in the mansion.

The scream of their own Father.

About 2400 words.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 54 8
Re: Forgotten happened. The VOTW finds Subaru slowly dying and stops his Return by Death to reincarnate him into the Cardinal World. His wishes entan...
1.8K 64 1
The Witch of Envy decided to capture Subaru's love and affection by whatever means necessary. No matter how cruel and evil. He must be hers. Emilia n...
579 15 8
This is basically if oboreru subaru was in the classroom of the elite also this based on the classroom of the elite alter self test book Go read th...
333 18 6
Some there be that shadow kiss; Such have but a shadow's bliss. When you give your all for this, when it arrives, will your heart not be amiss? Natsu...