𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙈𝙞𝙨𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙪𝙣𝙚 �...

By failedpaperairplane

══════⊹⊱≼≽⊰⊹══════ "Do you want to become a swan?" "..." "A what?" A typical person being transmigrated into... More

◦༻ Boring Have To Knows
◦༻ Outfits/Clothing
◦༻ Songs To Listen To While Reading
◦༻ 1...The Lotus and The White Feather
◦༻ 2...The Old Lady and The Swan
◦༻ 3...Whats worse? A Dance Teacher or a Man Dressed In Red
◦༻ 4...The God and The Clueless
◦༻ 5...An Unlucky Person, For Sure
◦༻ 6...Death Caught Up To Me
◦༻ 7...Da Hong? Who?
◦༻ 8...A First Glimpse Of A Past Life
◦༻ 9...The Shared Emotions Of My Duplicate
◦༻ 10...You Fancy Yourself Insane?
◦༻ 11...How About I Brush Your Hair
◦༻ 12...There's A Ghost Behind You
◦༻ 13...Misunderstanding Ontop Of Misunderstanding
◦༻ 14...God Help Me, Wait, Nevermind
◦༻ 15...Blood Stains A Swan
◦༻ Misfortune Of A Swan*+*Season II Teaser
◦༻ 16...Death In The Cold Blood
◦༻ 17...Another Martial God, Fuck
🦢 1K Special 🦢
◦༻ 18...Oh, It's You, Out Of All People
◦༻ 19...Nothing A Kiss Can't Fix
🦢 HAPPY HOLIDAYS 🦢
🦢 HAPPY HOLIDAYS (2) 🦢
🦢 HAPPY HOLIDAYS (3) 🦢
◦༻ 20...Betraying A Contract Is My Forte
◦༻ 21...Welcome Back
◦༻ 23...Love Is Really A Thing
🦢 10k Special 🦢
◦༻ 24...Wait, I KNEW Him?!
◦༻ 25...What Are You Thinking?
◦༻ 26...What The Hell Is HE Doing Here
◦༻ 27...Let's Start Over?
◦༻ 28...A Battle Of Life and Calamity
◦༻ 29...Life's Misfortune
◦༻ 30...Fake, Fake, Fake
◦༻ 31...We All Know How The Game Ends
◦༻ 32...They're Back
◦༻ 33...The Leopard and The Viper
◦༻ 34...Where, What, When
◦༻ 35...Love Will Drive You Irrational
◦༻ 36...The Reverend's Playground
◦༻ 37...Love Stories
◦༻ The Misfortune Of A Swan *+* Season III Teaser
◦༻ 38...A Woman With A Grudge
◦༻ 39...Rest Now
◦༻ 40...Death Falls and Death Rises
◦༻ 41...Looking Back On Our Memories
◦༻ 42...The Swan's Home
◦༻ 43...Cold, Dark, Waters
◦༻ 44...Black Water Sinking Ships
◦༻45...Puppy Eyes
◦༻ 46...Xiu Fen
◦༻ 47...Life Doesn't Know How To Write OR Read
◦༻ 48...Life's Personal Rehabilitation Program! Sponsored by He Xuan
🎄Christmas Special🎄
◦༻ 49...They Confess At Last
◦༻ 50...The End

◦༻ 22...Life Himself

2K 116 28
By failedpaperairplane

"...we'll you see, I kinda stole your job as Death. And now you're...Life."
༻ ❍ ༺

     Y/N AND HIS DUPLICATE STOOD IN DEAD SILENCE.

     Well Y/n was kinda Da Hong's duplicate, but they were still somewhat the same person. No one knew who was an imprint, a copied version of the other, they just knew that whatever happened that made Da Hong come back. Wasn't anywhere near good.

     They were both in a clearing in the forest, where Y/n was just looking for ghosts to take to the ghost realm, but couldn't find any for some reason. He could usually capture them and their presence with a simple swing of his hand, but to see them he had to fuel spiritual energy through his body to even catch their aura.

     And his normal spiritual energy that he inherited for being Death, was gone. It was replaced with a different form of it, a more bright and balanced version of the powers. Everywhere he stepped, instead of grass or flowers becoming grayer and sulking, they became more lively and almost...cheerful.

     But that was the least of Y/n's worries as Da Hong had just come back from the fucking dead, apparently.

     Neither knew what to say to the other.

     Da Hong was in the robes he wore when he died, the scar where white feathers were once growing from was still on his eye. Only a faded red mark that caused that eye to be whitened.

     While Y/n's eye twitched with anger and anticipation.

     I'm gonna kill him-

     "You better start fucking running you fucking-" Y/n stormed towards Da Hong, pulling up his sleeves and getting ready to throw his past self back to the dead.

     "WOWWOWOWWOWOWWOW!" Da Hong quickly stepped back and held out his hands as if that would hold Y/n back.

     "I will not hold back, I swear to fucking-"

     "I CAN EXPLAIN!" Y/n hesitantly paused, only a foot away from his past self, and so did Da Hong; putting his hands down.

     "You better start then," Y/n grumbled, crossing his arms and glaring at Da Hong, who exhaled a breath of relief.

     He cleared his throat, avoiding Y/n's gaze.

     "You know my past, you know why I did all those things, I screwed up bad when I took the old man's deal. But do keep in mind I was dying and that sounded like the best deal," Y/n only gave Da Hong a sharp look of 'continue' still holding himself back,"just yesterday I saw the old man, he was dying."

     "I know, I killed him." Y/n replied, making Da Hong's eyes go wide for a second but then fall back down.

     It wasn't like Da Hong had a place to talk, he had killed countless people and done 10x the crimes of Y/n. So, he kept his mouth shut about it.

     "Anyway- he told me that I had to go back into this world and not just wander around in his head anymore."

     "You were in his head?!"

     "Shut it, I couldn't even control what he did, and that's not the important part." Da Hong cut off Y/n's attitude and Y/n rolled his eyes.

     It wasn't easy talking to someone who looked, had the same personality, and had the exact same thought process as you. It was kinda awkward because whenever you got mad at the other it was like getting mad at yourself. Which just made it embarrassing.

     "He reformed my soul as his last use of his powers before he officially died and then told me to tell you.." Da Hong trailed off, hesitating to tell Y/n the next part.

     "To tell me what."

     "...we'll you see, I kinda stole your job as Death. And now you're...Life."

───༻ ❍ ༺───

     Both Y/n and Da Hong had come to a stable agreement in the end. The good thing about arguing with your past self is that it was easy to come to an agreement sine you shared either the same or similar thought processes.

     They would become life and death, Y/n as life, Da Hong as death. They both split the robes that were made by Chun Chentao between themselves, Da Hong even sat through Y/n's sapping about how much he missed her and his family back in his original world.

     They also got an extra accessory, a pair of silver diadems wrapped around their foreheads and the gem sat in the middle of their eyebrows. These were found by Da Hong who snuck off to a local market once in Yushi and stole them. Y/n cringed a little at that, but he kept his mouth shut when Da Hong told him how overpriced they were (even for being diadems).

A/N: Check Outfits Chapter For New Look(s)

     Luckily with his new aura as Life it made people feel calmed and relaxed, so it was easy to do this part if the job, to make the child fall asleep.

     As life, he had a new job and it's requirements. His main job was similar to Death's, or now Da Hong's.

1. His baseline job: Summon soon to be born babies, and give them their destiny/fate.

2. Extra that he's technically aloud to do: Give people a longer lifeline/more spiritual energy.

3. Not part of the job but known to be done rarely: Have people skip the stage of becoming a ghost and get reincarnated immediately.

4. An extra: Always smile, whether it be hostile or not, smile.

     Apparently Life and Death were always a pair, most people preferred to see Life after they died because it meant they would be reincarnated. Everyone had seen life as a baby before they were born, very few got to see him again and be aware of it. Life and Death also had infinite spiritual energy, specifically made to distribute to gods or deities if needed.

     And apparently Y/n was supposed to ask the old Life for permission before accidentally bringing Da Hong back from the dead...oops..

     Y/n also told Da Hong to watch out for a specific batch of people since he could easily be mistaken for Da Hong and Da Hong could be easily mistaken for him. We'll much more than a batch actually:

     "The whole heavenly court,"

     "No brainer," Da Hong said calmly and as adjusted the crown on his forehead to be more straight.

     "But especially Pei Ming." Da Hong's face also seemed to darken at the name and he moved his hands to fiddle with the clasp on his cloak.

     "Also, no brainer." Da Hong mumbled.

     "If you see him, send him straight to me." Y/n wanted to make himself clear, but didn't want to tell Da Hong about what happened between him and Pei Ming.

     "Same deal with Jun Wu," Y/n said again, shortly after Da Hong finished messing with his clothing.

     Da Hong's eyes widened.

     "What happened with him?!"

     "He killed me," Y/n replied, holding back the resentment in his voice.

     Da Hong's eye twitched.

     "Rat ass bastard." Da Hong said, which Y/n smirked at.

     "Yea, a real fuckin bastard. But I have him wrapped around my finger, and he knows it."

     "Oh?" Da Hong's curiosity peaked.

     "Well, he kinda...might have interest in me."

     "..." Da Hong pondered for a moment before blurting out:

     "OH,"

     Y/n snorted at his realization as he congratulated Y/n on finding out his own secret talent. Making himself look hot while punching someone.

     Soon enough after Y/n explained more into Da Hong's job as death they made a private spiritual communication array between each other and went their separate ways shortly after. Which Y/n never knew how actually cool it was to have a communication array than when he actually had one.

     Their password was, The Misfortune Of A Swan.

───༻ ❍ ༺───

     It didn't take long for Y/n to run into Mu Qing again, honestly since his aura as Life was so firm and fragrant to gods he was easy to find if he had it turned on. Same deal with Death, his scent was firm and fragrant to ghosts.

    "Oh, your back." Y/n exclaimed in (not actual) surprise as Mu Qing slumped down next to him on the side of the marble fountain. He smiled soothingly at Mu Qing and then returning his gaze to the baby in his arms.

     They were inside a garden rooted deep into a wood, which was rarely visited since it was abandoned. It was overgrown and had long lost its beauty, until Y/n came in; having Life's aura. Flowers sprouted from the vines, the water became clear again, and the koi fish began to swim again. It was still overgrown, but at least it had some beauty that made it an interesting place to be.

     "You look...different and your aura has changed. What happened?" Mu Qing quickly questions as he subconsciously eyed the sleepy baby being cradled in Y/n's arms. Y/n never really smiled this much, in fact he never genuinely smiled at all, so what happened?

     Y/n summoned a floating scroll as well as a brush with golden ink on its tip and began to write down the unborn child's fate.

Fan Baozhai
Current Identification: Female
Born: Middle class, child of scholars
Lived: Successful writer and poet
Died: Not known yet

     The 'not known yet' was the job of Death, the scroll would be complete once Fan Baozhai died, Da Hong would tell Y/n how she died and Y/n would complete the scroll.

     "I am not Death anymore, someone else has taken on that job. I am now Life, if you want to address me formally just call me Life." The child in Y/n's arms suddenly dispersed into gold flakes that fluttered out into the wind when Y/n closed the scroll and handed it for Mu Qing to look at. Still trying his best to maintain that smile, the stupid fuckin smile..

     "Oh," Mu Qing exclaimed under his breath as he continued to gaze at Y/n, shortly after handing back the scroll. Couldn't he just look away so Y/n could rest his cheekbones?

     "Anyways, what are you doing down here?" Y/n asked placidly, taking down his gray silk hood to let his full face be shown to Mu Qing (instead of just his e/c eyes).

     "..."

     Y/n waited for an answer intently but received nothing. Becoming curious as to if the god had just went to the heavens or just straight up left, Y/n looked over.

     But he was met with a loving gaze.

     One of complete dazzlement and tenderness that played with the butterflies in both Mu Qing and Y/n's chests.

     Mu Qing couldn't look away.

     His eyes were practically sewn to Y/n's face.

     Everything about him was beautiful.

     Oh god,

     HE REALLY WANTED TO KISS HIM.

I just started 2ha and we're already off to a chaotic but cool start. I'm gonna find out why the 2ha fandom cries over Wontons so wish me luck </3

ALSO

I just made 2 more fics, ones a little scenario kinda thing where Mu Qing and Hua Cheng are forced to do each other's hair. The other is a fan fiction between Mu Qing, Feng Xin, and Pei Ming because you know I was bored and it was 3am.

Take the memes

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60.5K 2.3K 30
Ezra has no motivation for anything. Whether it's about his studies, health, parents, friends, siblings, pets, or... himself. Forced by his family, h...
6.5K 48 12
清穿之幸运人生 As an inconspicuous concubine in the palace, Wu Yafangyi thought that her life would be like this. After all, not every transmigration girl...
1.1M 42.9K 47
ORIGINAL STORY!!!! She transmigrated into a novel, destined to die in the hands of her best friend, unable to yield to destiny she rewritten hers. Sh...
1M 32.9K 57
As tragedy befalls on Zhan Yu , he soon finds himself transmigrated into a novel world as a character. To his disappointment, he became the villain w...