Detention Hour

By doggies1512

"Welcome to Detention Hour." "Classroom 4 ... " Luna is a good student who always obeys the rules. But wha... More

Chapter 1 : Back to School
Chapter 2 : Classes
Chapter 3 : Prefects Selection
Chapter 4 : Trouble
Chapter 5 : Welcome to Detention Hour
Chapter 6 : Change in Life
Chapter 7 : Detention Group
Chapter 8 : Mid Year Exams
Chapter 9 : Holiday at School
Chapter 10 : Natasha
Chapter 11 : Missed
Chapter 12 : Classroom 4
Chapter 13 : Call
Chapter 14 : Truth
Chapter 15 : Ivy's Story
Chapter 17 : Safe
Chapter 18 : Caught
Chapter 19 : New Chapter in Life
Epilogue : Graduation

Chapter 16 : Escape

4 0 0
By doggies1512

Luna and her friends stood in silent. They read Ivy's journal. Ivy had written all her theories and experiences. The only thing missing was the story on her death. The only confirmation of her death were the words written by an outsider.

"She's dead ... really dead," said Cindy. Tears filled her eyes. She had always hoped for it to be lie or a dream. "This can't be real."

"Oh but it is," said Li Qi. "We have to face it. This shit's real." Li Qi felt scared. It was real. That was the scary part. What they thought were just stories were no longer stories.

"We have to get out of this school!" exclaimed Wendy in panic. She was feeling nervous. She felt as though someone maybe watching them. She reached for her phone in her pocket and started texting someone.

"Wendy what are you doing?" asked Chloe.

"Texting Natasha for help. She might be able to help us escape," said Wendy.

"Wait! What if it is a trap?" asked Luna. After what had happened. She started to feel suspicious of Natasha. The way a prefect was able to be friendly to them. It didn't make sense to her. "We don't know what the school wants. They are using us."

Wendy froze. She started to feel her eyes watered. She was scared. She wanted all this to stop. Luna noticed. "Okay listen up ... we may or may not be able to recover from this. But we have to stay strong for each other."

"Then what should we do?" asked Samantha. Luna thought for a moment.

"Get help from people who aren't mind controlled ... my parents," said Luna. She reached for her phone and started to text her mother and father. "For now, collect as many documents as you can as evidence when we expose the school."

Her friends nodded. Shi Qi opened her mouth to speak. "Split up. We can gather more information that way." Luna stood where she was as she typed away on her phone. The others were collecting useful files and documents to expose the school. Cindy found a plastic bag that they could use to carry the documents.

Luna was glued on explaining to her parents about the situation and how they needed help. Shi Qi suddenly stopped and spoke. "How to escape if we have ankle bracelets?"

At that moment everyone froze. They thought they were able to escape but completely forgot about the ankle bracelets. "Do you think acid and destroy them?" asked Luna. She didn't have any other ideas on her mind.

"It can ... but it will be risky if it hits our skin," said Samantha. "We need a different way to get rid of them."

"We need a plan. A plan to escape the school flawlessly," said Luna.

***

"Everyone got the plan?" asked Luna. The others nodded. They waited for a moment before Luna's phone buzzing as it received a notification of a message from her mother. "Alright then. Let's hope we can escape with no problem."

The friends had packed the documents and files. They were distributed between the seven of them. Each of them had either a bag or a plastic bag. Luna adjust the sling bag and nodded towards her friends. They were going to make their escape.

It was a spontaneous plan to escape. It was the only way they could ensure their safety from whatever the school was doing. The doors to Classroom 4 burst open as the seven friends started to jog away with the documents and files.

Despite it not being the end of the holiday yet. They were not going to take chances about the school being completely empty. They jogged along the corridor before reaching the stairs. They raced down the steps. Once they reached the first floor of the main school building, the group broke up.

The twins started to run in a different direction. Luna and the others were running in the opposite. Luna and the others jogged down the corridors. They made their way to another staircase and took them down to the ground floor.

"S-so ... f-far ...i-it looks okay," panted Chloe. They kept on the pace without slowing down or speeding up. Soon they reached on the big doors of the building. They stopped in front of the doors. They couldn't cross them because of the ankle bracelets.

"Now what?" asked Wendy. She panted. Luna looked at her friends.

"Now we wait," she said. They stood there as they waited.

***

The twins ran in the opposite direction from the group. Unlike the group who were more jogging, the twins were running with full speed. They raced down the corridor and made their way around the building.

The twins found themselves standing in front of the doors to the laboratory. They managed to sneak into the lab the same way Luna did. They stole some acids and chemical substances. Not long after, they were running again.

They found themselves panting in front of a door with the label, Key Room. Shi Qi looked at her sister. Li Qi nodded before looking for a broom. She spotted one and grabbed it.

"Let's hope it works," said Li Qi. She held the broom in her hand tightly. She lifted the broom handle and swung it down hard on the doorknob. The doorknob didn't seem affected. The broom however broke.

"Are you kidding me?" asked Shi Qi as she raised an eyebrow towards her sister. "I thought you were going to use the acid we stole!" Li Qi face palmed herself.

She reached for the bottles of chemicals substance in her plastic bag. She handed them to her sister. Shi Qi took the bottle and started to break open the door the same way Luna did for the door of Classroom 4.

It took a while but soon they had access to the Key Room. Li Qi entered as Shi Qi stood outside on guard. Li Qi searched through each key in the room. 'Come on! Come on!' Her hands reached out for a bunch of keys. It had a keychain with the label, Detention Students ankle bracelet. She stuffed the key into her pocket. She searched for other keys.

After stuffing the last bunch of keys which had the label, Main Building Keys, Li Qi got out of the room and looked at her sister. They started to run to where the others were.

Little did they know, they were being watched by people who wanted to use them as test subjects. The twins ran as fast as they could to where their friends were waiting. The doors of the main school building.

They found themselves panting in front of their other friends. Luna looked at them with a smile. She knew they managed to steal the keys. Li Qi was about to pull the keys out when they heard footsteps coming their way. Luna signaled for them to hide.

It was to an advantage for them to meet up there. The doors were see through doors. Towards the left, there were a few broken tables and chairs stacked up neatly. Towards the right, there was a big cut out of the school mascot, a giraffe. There were a few items in the lobby that were proved useful in hiding.

The twins and Wendy hid behind the large cut out of the mascot. They were lucky there was no gap between the area for the legs. It was one big cut out with no holes. They had changed the angle of the mascot to allow it to hide them well.

Chloe, Cindy and Samantha on the other hand hid behind under the stack of tables and chairs. They managed to pulled the chairs quietly and fast enough to hide under the table. They had covered themselves with the chairs. It was an advantage to have the chairs there. Wood covered the gap between the legs of the chair. It made it hard to spot them.

Luna however didn't hide. She stood with her face facing the doors. She heard the footsteps coming closer. She slowly raised her hand. The feeling of being grabbed was what she felt. She looked and saw two men.

These were the same men who dragged Ivy away. They had grabbed Luna by the shoulder. One on each shoulder. "Looks like we got another one," said the man who had Luna by the left shoulder.

The other nodded. They started to drag Luna away. Luna didn't respond to this. She didn't try to struggle. She didn't try to shout. She just complied with what they were doing. She found herself being dragged to a room which was on the ground floor.

The men had closed the door behind them and locked it. The men dragged Luna and tied her down on a chair just as they did with Ivy. "You are easier to control," said the same man who spoke earlier.

"Who said I was under your control?" asked Luna. She glared at the men. "You can't do this to us!" The man chuckled.

"You are just the same as that one girl two years ago," he said. He walked over to find something. Luna thought for a moment. She needed to stall time.

"Why are you doing this? Why are we the test subjects?" she asked. The man who was looking for something didn't reply. It was the other man.

"Why?" he laughed. "For the better good."

"What good does mind control do?"

"Easier to defeat the enemy." Luna fell silent. She didn't understand what was the reason to the test. She didn't read through the document properly. Before she could say anything, the man continued.

"I know what you are thinking. What for?" The man paused. "Well ... you see ... my partner here and I as well as the entire research team were assigned to create a weapon powerful enough to conquer the world. So we thought to ourselves ...

"Why don't we mind control everyone in this world? It makes it easier to conquer." He circled around Luna. Luna had her eyes on her bag which was on the floor. "We created a soundwave. It was meant to alter the brain pattern of a human to obey us. It was working just fine ...

"Until ... you and your other unique friends showed up!" Luna didn't flinch at the man's shout. "We were about to release the soundwave to the entire world. We were about to dominate the world! But then that Ivy girl showed up and mess things up.

"Her existence made the process harder. We discovered something new. There are a group of people who can't be affected at all by the soundwave." Luna didn't really care much by then. The man went on about how they had tried everything to fix the soundwave.

"But it seems as though no matter what we do ... people like you and your friends are impossible to control."

"That's great!" shouted Luna. "If there are enough of us, we will stop you! If it's not me! It will be them!" Luna shouted. The man burst out laughing.

"Wow! You must have the ability to hear dead people's word. That pathetic girl said something like that," he said. "What can you do? You're alone."

Luna smirked as she looked at the bag on the floor. It was close to the door. She saw shadows of people outside the door. The other man came back with a gun in his hand. "Enough. Any last words?"

Luna looked at the man who had the gun aimed at her head. "Just three. Burn it up!" Just at the same time she said the last word the door blew up inflames. The man lowered the gun and looked at the door. The two men rushed looking around for a fire extinguisher.

The room was not used for a long time. It didn't have a fire extinguisher. The room was soon filled with smoke from the fire. Even though it was cloudy, Luna was able to make out Cindy who had sneaked in. The door was still on fire but it was open. Cindy undid the ropes and the two of them escaped the room quietly.

Luna was greeted by Li Qi who immediately started to unlock the ankle bracelet. After a moment, the bracelet was off and the three started running towards the door. The door was wide open.

Luna, Li Qi and Cindy raced out the door shutting it behind them. They ran towards the gates which was also open. The guards were busy trying to put outa fire which was set on the grass. They ran out the gates and towards two cars.

They were cars Luna missed so much. It was her parents cars. They managed to get in to the cars. They were in the first car where Luna's father was the driver. "Go!" shouted Luna telling her father.

Without any hesitation, her father drove the car. The car where Luna's mother was the driver also followed behind them. Luna glanced at the back. They were finally leaving the school. There was no signs of anyone following them. They had escaped.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

127K 5.1K 60
*COMPLETED* *EDITING ON PROCESS* "can you not be so horny for godsakes! I'm your bestfriend... remember?" I said throwing a fit, obviously panicking...
1K 36 33
She grew up in a normal human world, but once a new student comes to school everything she ever knew were lies. What will happen when the lies are ou...
14.6K 221 34
Adelaide meets her mate on the day she turns eighteen. However, she has a secret that no one knows about, not even her best friend. How long will she...
87 5 17
After her class mate goes missing Poppy starts getting suspicious about who could have taken her. Or killed her......... As she grows closer to findi...