UNEXPECTEDLY YOURS (Asymptote...

By LordOfTragedy

Asymptotes series #1 A story of a two souls longing for each other, two souls that is ready to do everything... More

PROLOGUE
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN - EXTRA
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR
CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE
CHAPTER TWENTY SIX
CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN
CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT
CHAPTER TWENTY NINE
CHAPTER THIRTY
CHAPTER THIRTY ONE
CHAPTER THIRTY TWO
CHAPTER THIRTY THREE
CHAPTER THIRTY FOUR
CHAPTER THIRTY FIVE
CHAPTER THIRTY SEVEN
CHAPTER THIRTY EIGHT
CHAPTER THIRTY NINE
CHAPTER FORTY
CHAPTER FORTY ONE
CHAPTER FORTY TWO
CHAPTER FORTY THREE
CHAPTER FORTY FOUR
CHAPTER FORTY FIVE
CHAPTER FORTY SIX
CHAPTER FORTY SEVEN
‼️ NOTICE ‼️
CHAPTER FORTY EIGHT
CHAPTER FORTY NINE
CHAPTER FIFTY
CHAPTER FIFTY ONE
CHAPTER FIFTY TWO
CHAPTER FIFTY THREE
CHAPTER FIFTY FOUR
CHAPTER FIFTY FIVE
CHAPTER FIFTY SIX
THE END
EPILOGUE
ෆ GOOD BYE ෆ

CHAPTER THIRTY SIX

6.9K 165 240
By LordOfTragedy

« THE FUTURE REMAINS UNKNOWN »

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

ONE YEAR HAD PASSED

MINA'S P.O.V

It's been a year since I told Chaeyoung how I feel and a year since she was crowned as the new leader, I've been counting the days because they don't have a calendar in here.

Chaeyoung has changed a lot, she cut her hair short everytime she will notice it growing long, for her face, she has a scar on her eye after getting in a heated training with Jeongyeon, she also had become more mature and serious ever since she was crowned which pissed me off.

Where's my abunjing bunjing baby Chaeyoung?

But there is something that pisses me off even more, MOTHERFUCKER GETS TALLER THAN ME LIKE A FEW INCHES IF I WASN'T WRONG LIKE IT WAS JUST YESTERDAY, SHE'S SO SMALL!

I gasped in surprised when I felt an arms wrapped around my waist and rested her chin on my shoulder while I was brushing my hair infront of the mirror.

“I missed you.” She whispered, I noticed how tired and exhausted she must've been based on her voice.

I faced her and leaned my back on the table, staring at every details on her face. My hand run through her hair, slicking it back as she let her head fall on my shoulder.

“Tired?” She nodded, “Do you wanna sleep now?” She shakes her head which confused me since she usually agree immediately and jumping like a little kid.

“I'm joining with Jeongyeon to go to the source of our weapons, there's some problem in there.” She replied softly.

“Then why don't you go now so you can come home sooner?” She lift up her head and pouted.

“I haven't seen you the whole day. I missed you, stupid.” I chuckled and hit her chest, “I missed you too, dumbass. Not seeing you as much as I want, sucks so much.” She sent me a sweet smile.

“Once I'm done with all of these, I'm taking you somewhere where it's just the two of us, away from my duty.” I let out a sigh.

These past few weeks, we rarely see each other even at night because when she comes home, I'm already sleeping or when I wake up, she's already gone. Even though, we bump into each other, she was always snatch away because of her duties.

It made me upset but I understand her, I knew she felt the same way.

“What's wrong? Aren't you excited?” I gave her a small smile as I lightly shakes my head, trying to lift up my mood.

“I'll be looking forward to that.” She smiled and I felt a pair of her lips landed on my forehead.

She rested her forehead against mine, “I'll be home before sunrise.” I nodded before wrapping my arms around her and rested my chin on her shoulder as I tiptoe.

“Come home sooner. I haven't sleep peacefully these past few days.” I whispered enough for her to hear.

“I will.” I close my eyes, sinking in her arms as the warmth I missed the most brings comfort and made me sleepy.

I gently rubbed my fingers on her back before pulling away, “Go now while I'm resisting myself from making you stay.” I said.

“I'll go now. I love you.” She said in a sweet tone as she sent me a smile.

“Take care. I love you too.” She gave me a nod before heading out, leaving me all alone.

The warm atmosphere turn into a cold atmosphere, I rubbed my arm as I felt a cold breeze hit my skin before wrapping myself with Chaeyoung's coat that she gave me before in case I missed her, I'll have something that will remind me of her, such a cutie.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

OMNISCIENT

Chaeyoung hopped off her horse as Jeongyeon waved her hand to her and signalling her to come over which she did and walked to her and the others.

“Alright, what's the problem that can't be wait until tomorrow?” She said seriously as no emotions were painted in her face.

“I wouldn't say, it's a problem though.” Jeongyeon said as she called one of the explorers who sail to different islands to find something that interest her.

The girl walked to the small girl with someone behind her and slowly takes the hood off, revealing her face.

“I'm Lisa Manoban, an explorer. Your father personally pick me to explore every island I could come across and learn all the things we don't know in order for our economy to rise.” She introduced herself and extended her hand to the girl.

“I assume, you're Son Chanwoo's daughter and the new Sultan of Luna. I apologize for not attending your ceremony.” Lisa said with the same blank expression as the small girl.

Chaeyoung looked at her hand and slowly took it, lightly shaking it. “It's fine, I'm Son Chaeyoung.” She replied before they pulled their hands away.

Lisa step aside as one of her crew put the thing she found down, she slowly pull the cloth that was covering it and Chaeyoung furrowed her eyebrows when she saw it.

“Where did you get that?” Jeongyeon asked as she averted her gaze to Lisa who spoke.

“South Korea. I've been spying around the island and learning when they will leave, once I learned everything. I sneak in and I saw some people holding a paper with some kind of their faces in it.”

“I once followed someone and that's when I found this thing, I was able to speak to the person who own this and he said that, this was a camera.” Chaeyoung nodded at the information she got.

“The only problem was that, I wasn't able to asked, how to use this as the enemy realized that we sneak in and ambush us.”

Lisa finish her explanation and sent the small girl a apologetic look, “I'll ask my wife about this.” Jeongyeon looked at her, “Why?” She confusedly asked.

“Mina might now anything about this thing. Is it okay if you drop this by my hut?” Lisa nodded and ordered her crew to bring it to Chaeyoung's hut.

Chaeyoung averted her gaze on Lisa and spoke, “I believe, you're tired on your journey. Why don't you take a rest for a while? We'll prepared something for y'all tomorrow.” She said as Lisa nodded.

“I really do want to stay because I need to discuss something with you and your father.” Chaeyoung nodded before signalling Dahyun and Tzuyu to bring them somewhere they'll stay at.

Chaeyoung hopped on her horse after bidding her goodbye, “I'll see you tomorrow.” She said before her horse run back to their tribe.

________________________________

“It's daguerreotype camera, it was the first commercially successful photographic process from 1839 to 1860 in the history of photography. Named after the inventor, Louis Jacques Mandé Daguerre, each daguerreotype is a unique image on a silvered copper plate. It was very popular in my country due to how vintage and unique it was.” Chaeyoung slowly tilted her head to the side in confusion.

Mina giggle and spoke, “Let's get the others and take a picture together.” She ruffle her hair as she walked passed the small girl and look for the others.

After half an hour looking for the others, they gathered around and Mina was guiding Chanwoo how to operate the camera.

“Once it was all ready, just pressed this button and it will capture it.” Mina explained as she handed the button to Chanwoo who nodded.

Mina jogged towards the others who are already in their position and just fixing their clothes, “So it's like a painting but it's done quickly, isn't it?” Jeongyeon asked the girl who stood next to Chaeyoung.

“You can say that. Just pose whatever you want.”

“Everyone ready?” Chanwoo said loud enough for them to hear, “Just a sec.” Dahyun replied, giving Jeongyeon a look who understands her immediately.

The two took a step backward, “Ready!” They both said as Chanwoo smiled at them and focusing the light on them.

“One... Two...”
“Three!” Chanwoo, Dahyun and Jeongyeon all said in unison as the two girls jumped on Tzuyu and Momo to pressed all their bodies together.

They all laughed before Chanwoo presses the button and captured that moment.

“Woah... What kind of thing is this?” Nayeon asked as all of them gathered around, looking at the picture in amazed while Mina was just staring at them on the side.

All of them were giving it a compliment and even thought that the gods and goddesses made it for them which made Mina laughed.

Mina felt an arms wrapped around her waist, rubbing her tummy with her hand, she smiles when she recognized the familiar strawberry scent.

“What's with you, hugging me from behind?” Chaeyoung smiled as she rested her chin on her shoulder. “It's comfortable.” She whispered.

“Wanna take a photo? Just the two of us.” Chaeyoung gently shakes her head which made Mina confused, “Don't you want that?”

“Not that I don't want it. I want our first image together, just the two of us to be painted. I never had anyone to be painted with before.” Mina hummed in response and close her eyes, enjoying her lover's warmth.

Chaeyoung tightened her gripped around the girl's waist and interlock her hand with hers before Mina spoke.

“What will you do if I suddenly leave you?”

“Remember when I left to get things from our previous island?” Mina open her eyes and nodded. “I left a drawing of myself on the table next to our  bed, right?”

Mina remember how terrified she was when she didn't see Chaeyoung anywhere in their hut and thought that the latter left her until she saw a paper folded on the table next to their bed.

She took something out from her pocket and it was the same paper that Chaeyoung left on the table, she unfolded it and smiled how the small girl perfectly drew herself.

“I drew that while looking at my reflection on the mirror. On the back, there's something written on it.” Chaeyoung said and Mina flip the paper and saw what was written behind.

I shall bare my loneliness when I'm away from you to my eternal love.

That's what written on the back.

“That's what I'll do, bare with the loneliness and patiently wait until you comeback to me and be my home and moon again.” She softly replied to Mina's question before pressing her lips on the side of the girl's face.

Chaeyoung gently sway themselves together with her arms still wrapped around the girl, the two was stopped when suddenly stood next to them, Mina looked at the side and saw Somi scratching her nape.

“Can I talk to you for a sec?” Chaeyoung pointed her finger to herself, “Mina...” Somi said under her breath but enough for the two to hear.

Both Mina and Chaeyoung looked at each other confusedly before the small girl turn her around, facing the girl and gently push her.

“You two better not swing your swords against each other, alright?” She said before turning her back and walked to the others.

“I'm not that violent.” Somi scoff, “Yeah, you are.” Mina shot a deathly glare at her which made her chuckled.

“Come with me.” She said as she starts to walked somewhere and Mina hesitate at first but still followed the girl.

The two went into the woods where no one was there to see or hear them, Somi stops on her track which made Mina scared a bit, knowing that the girl is more stronger and more experience when it comes to fighting, add the fact that she was in love with her wife.

“You're not gonna kill me, are you?” Mina stuttered in fear as she step back.

“If I wanted to kill you, I would've done that before.” Somi coldly said as her aura turn darker, “I don't know if saving your ass from that bastard is a good or a bad thing.” Mina furrowed her eyebrows.

“What do you mean?”

“I was awake from the start, Mina. I was the one who saved you from getting harassed by Jaehyun.” Mina gulped when Somi looked over her shoulder and that made her remember the familiar figure that she saw that night.

“You... You were that mysterious person?” Somi faced her, still looking down with her dark aura.

“Lux doesn't just possessed the power of Light, any people who inherited it's power can see the future, Mina. I saw you in my vision, I knew Chaeyoung will marry you and fell in love with you.”

“Out of my fear to lose Chaeyoung, I act recklessly that got me hurt and cost her to lose control and started killing everyone that's gets in her way.”

“I pretended to be asleep to make sure that you won't set a foot in the island but then I saw Chaeyoung sitting next to your unconscious self and patiently waiting for you to wake up.” Mina was now confused and terrified.

“I thought changing what was supposed to happen that night will change the outcome of the future so I purposely let the key fall right in front of you.”

Mina realized what she said.

“Trust me, That princess is the softest and kind person you will ever meet.” Jeongyeon said before she stood up.

“I'll go now. I can't stay here for too long, the guards might suspect.” She bowed to Mina and walked out from the cage.

Unknowingly, the key accidentally fall on the ground. Mina heard it and saw the key on the ground.

She get the key and was about to call Jeongyeon when an idea came to her mind. She smirk and hide the key behind her.

It's already night and pretty dark. Mina pushed herself up and looked at the entrance of the cave. She didn't saw any guards at the entrance. She carefully open the cage and she almost jumped in happiness when the wound on her back aches.

“You pretended to be Jeongyeon?!”

“I did. I thought that if I do that, you will escape this island and the future will finally change but no, you got yourself get swarm up by snakes which Chaeyoung has to save you.” Somi bawled her hand into fist.

“I was the one who told them that you escape and was with Chaeyoung but seeing Jaehyun forcing you to do things like that, I can't stand that. I attacked and killed him without hesitation and accidentally saved you and panicked and run away when I heard Tzuyu and Dahyun's voices.” She softly explained.

“When Chaeyoung announced that she will marry you after saving you from getting killed, I've decided to pretend that I woke up and finally come back to not let her fall for you any deeper.”

Mina gulped when all the puzzles she's trying to piece together was now perfectly put together.

“I thought that if I came back and make Chaeyoung fall in love with me again will change the future. Even though, I already know what's the outcome, I still tried, hoping that her answer will change.”

“But Achlys found out about the vision and how I'm trying to change the future that's why she attacked me while I was getting ready and that's when Jihyo found me and brought me to the ship.”

“Why are you trying to change the future? What will happen now that I really stayed?”

“I'm trying to save you and Chaeyoung as well as all the people in this island...” She take something out from her pocket and it was a powder.

She throw the sand and it light up as every powder started to form an image, Mina saw herself but it was like glitching from her image to Chaeyoung.

“It's like your future and Chaeyoung's future were still undecided but it was connected to something that I don't know. It's like, one of you will cost the deaths of everyone.” Somi finally looked up and met Mina's gaze, the girl was surprised when she saw how serious and scared at the same time Somi was.

“I tried everything I can to see the future and the reason why one of you will cost the death of every people in this island but it was just the same like something was blocking my vision on purpose.”

Somi immediately slide her hand from left to right and the image slowly faded, Mina furrowed her eyebrows when she noticed something wrong with the girl.

Mina walked over to Somi and gently grabbed her hand, rolling the sleeves up and was shocked when she saw cuts and bruises all over her arm.

“That's why you were gone for so long, aren't you? You're trying to see the future and push yourself too hard that this cuts and bruises started to form, right?” Somi slowly pulled her hand away from the girl and hid her bruises.

“I believe that if I see the future, I could tell Chaeyoung about it and help her to prevent it from happening and maybe... She will forgive me for what I did a long time ago.” She softly replied which made Mina sighed.

“Chaeyoung wasn't mad at you, she never did. Maybe she just accidentally take her anger out on you because you kissed her but god knows how many times she tried to look for you and how scared she was to lose you again when you suddenly disappeared.” Somi was surprised upon hearing that as tears started to form on her eyes.

Mina sent her a small smile and she sees Somi as her little sister, being alone for so many years after her older brother died and not being able to make friends as she grew up was so lonely for her.

Somi prevent her tears from falling, not wanting to come out as weak to the girl in front of her, she hastily wipe her tears and step back.

“Go back there now. I'll try it one more time.” Somi said as she turn her back to the girl and starts to walked away.

“Somi.” She furrowed her eyebrows and faced the girl, she was startled when Mina suddenly hugged her, feeling the loved and warmth she never felt for a long time of locking herself in the cave.

“Don't push yourself too hard and take a rest. Whatever the future will be, I'll try my best to stop it from happening so please, don't try and see the future again.” Mina softly said as she rubbed Somi's back.

Somi was froze on her spot, not daring to make a move but gently pushed Mina away as she looked away, trying to hide her blushes. It's been a long time since someone acted like that to her especially it's the person who stole the love of her life.

“Alright, Alright. Don't be weird now.” She stuttered as she fixed her clothes and cleared her throat before she turn around again.

“Oh come on, I'm sure you like being hug!” Somi playfully rolled her eyes and starts to walked away.

“Shut it, Mina-ssi. Don't tell Chaeyoung about this until I give you my permission, understand? I don't want her to stress about this, she's stressing herself enough.” She said as she walked away from the girl who smiled.

“You really love her, huh?”

“I always did but she loves you so I'll just love her from afar. Take care on your way back, you attract danger, anyway.” Mina scoff in disbelief.

“Darling, I only attract my wife.” Somi chuckled before Mina watch her back disappeared from the dark.

Mina let out a big sigh and groaned when she felt a sharp pain strike her head again, she close her eyes as she tried to shake off the pain until it finally faded.

She looked at her hand and tried to focused her sight to get rid of the blurry eye sight she just had before walking back to the tribe and take a rest in their hut.

“What the hell is happening to me?”

________________________________

STAY TUNED

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.8K 1.1K 67
10 years of service in the special forces and countless escapades to the west didn't prepare Jeongyeon for what came next. She never anticipated meet...
37.4K 750 18
Another fanfic story on MiTzu (Mina x Tzuyu) and it's gxg! "I'm just hurting myself...Maybe i am avoiding Tzuyu, after all...So i won't hurt myself...
12.7K 643 16
The urge for love in two different characters. Will they find love with one another or in another? Is this thing called love too good to be true? Was...
4.1K 101 42
A fiction about two friends mina and chaeyoung who fell in love with each other during their school phase. undergoing through all the hardships toget...