The Apprentice || Anakin Skyw...

By and-the-children-too

ON HOLD Living on Tatooine for eleven years as a slave under the ownership of Watto has been something close... More

Authors Note
1-Hope
2-No Turning Back
3-You Own It
4-Savior
5-Weak
6-Serene
7-Unprofessional
8-Intoxicating•
9-Devil In My Ear
10-Adventurous
11-Consequences
12-So Far Gone
13-He•
14-Knows No Bounds
15-Revenge is Sweet•
16-Anya
17-Jealous
18-Everything
19-So Close•
20-A Life for a Life
21-Unforgivable
22-Milo
23-Just A Dream•
24-Soulmate
25-Shoot To Kill
26-Only For You•
27-Hunt
28-Wrong Things•
29-I Trust You
30-One More Time
31- Silenced
32-I'm Taking It
33-Snips
34-Lost
35-Beautiful Stranger
36-Irreplacable
37-Unnatural
38-Wickedly Inhumane
39-Dinner Time
40-A Ghost
41-Natural
42-I'm Proud of You•
43-More Than Helpful•
44-I Always Keep My Word
45-Feeling Guilty•
46-Unimaginable Fear•
47- Seal the Deal
48-A Little Bit of Hope
49-Loopholes
50-Skywalker•
51-Red
52-Immortal Inevitable
53-Butterfly•
54-Traitor
55-No One and Nothing
56-Generous Offer
57-Abeloth's Cage•
58-Close Your Eyes
59-Because of You
60-Dangerous Combination
61-The Apprentice of Darth Vader
62-For Good
63- Patience
64 - Leia
65 - Power and Control
66 - Demand
67 - Lux Bonteri
68 - Kidnapping
69 - You Will
70 - Mercy
71 - Human
73 - I'm Coming For You
74 - The Jedi Way
75 - Anakin

72 - A Fraction

3.3K 131 223
By and-the-children-too

2.4K words
༻✦༺
Countdown: 6 months

Vader's POV
I could see it, my own life flashing before my eyes. Each rapid ticking of the bomb triggering a new memory that holds a special place within my heart; meeting (y/n), the day I asked her to marry me, the day I married her, learning I was going to be a father, getting Ahsoka back into my life, leaving Tatooine, and the list could go on.

I know what many would do in my position; run. But I froze, for once in my life I was caught off guard and I fucking froze. Me.

And the only reason I was pulled away from my frozen state of shock that would've most likely resulted in my death, was because I heard a familiar voice and footsteps rushing from behind me — Ahsoka, "Hey is everything okay? You sounded urgent on the-"

I snapped myself back to reality when the urge to protect her from the threat burned through my veins, "Ahsoka get back!" I yelled as I raised both hands. Using the force, I had one palm facing her, shoving her backwards towards the staircase where she was knocked unconscious. And the other facing the bomb, causing it to rise and fly out of my palace towards the outside world - just as it exploded.

It didn't reach too far when it went off and so the force of the blast knocked me off my feet as flames blazed in my direction, burning parts of my exposed skin and singeing my clothes.

I screamed in pain and heard the rumbles of the palace entrance as the structure gave out due to the powerful blow. The ceiling crumbled down and I fought through the ache to shoot my arms up and stop the heavy weight from crushing me.

A piece of the ceiling I was unable to catch in time fell towards me, hitting the mask and cracking it before falling to the side. My oxygen intake dropped significantly and my lungs and throat began to burn.

The pain became a distraction and my hold on the debris weakened. Small pieces fell around me as I struggled to keep everything up.

You're an embarrassment.

I heard him speak inside of my head, the one voice I had hoped to never hear again. My former Master and tormenter — Palpatine. But he's dead, so my one conclusion on how I heard him was the lack of oxygen causing me to hallucinate. So I opted to ignore the voice and struggled to raise the debris a bit higher, hoping someone would come to my aid and soon.

You're a Sith, I made you a Sith. Yet here you are, disgracing the name by being so weak and careless.

I groaned in annoyance, just shut up.

Remember my lessons, only then will you reach your true and full potential Lord Vader.

Flashback
(TW: Electric shock)
I dropped down to my knees, the pain of his electric shock shooting through my body, burning every nerve, "Get up and do as I asked." He sneered after relieving my body of its suffering.

I tried, I tried so hard but I felt too weak and tired to move. The pain was still fresh, almost like the electricity was living within me and shocking me on repeat, "I can't, everything hurts."

Again, he tortured me and my screams echoed through the halls, over a dozen clones were standing by, watching in fear. They were terrified, terrified because my orders were to kill each and every one of them — at the same time.

"Pain to a Sith can be used for strength. So use it along with that hatred inside of you to fuel your power." He released his torment on me once again and I took a moment to catch my breath as he spoke, "You are but a fraction of what you can be, you have done a fraction of what you're truly capable of. Throw away the teachings of the Jedi, and stop looking at pain as a weakness. You are one of the strongest Sith to ever live - act like it." He snarled through clenched teeth as he raised his hands again, blue sparks flying from his fingertips and hitting me once more.

His voltage was high and I'm positive this feeling was equivalent to how it would feel to be burnt alive.

"I will not stop until you do as I demanded and if you die - I'll simply find another." He cackled which were drowned out by my screams, "Your own wife betrayed you, your brother and friend turned his back on you, your mothers death is at the fault of the Jedi, and they betrayed your padawan which resulted in her abandoning you." Every reminder he fed me ignited a flame in my heart which grew as the memories of each of those things flashed through my mind.

"Go with you? Why would I go with you? You're vile and a traitor to us all." — "This baby isn't yours Anakin, and I stopped loving you a long time ago."

"I'm sorry Master, but I don't belong here anymore, I can't trust them."

"I loved you Anakin, but what you've done is unforgivable, I will do what I must."

"My son, you're so handsome, and I'm so proud of you," — "I love-"

The memory of my mother dying in my arms hovered over me like a dark cloud. She didn't get to fully tell me that she loves me, and it was their fault. They tried keeping me from her and if they would have just let me check on her like I had asked to countless times - she would be here, alive and breathing.

Although I was in pain, I felt a new wave of energy course through my veins and I slowly stood up, my hands balled to fists at my side. As I gazed at the clones, I no longer saw them as clones, each one had a new face. The council members, Padme, Tuskens...

Before I knew it, every single one of them was in the air, all clutching their throats and gasping for air as their feet dangled. I hadn't even realized my arms were raised and I was using my abilities to lift them until my Master made a comment, "Good Vader, very good; now do it." His tone held pride; he was pleased, more than pleased.

(TW: Death)
With the closing of my hands into fists, every neck snapped in unison and their bodies fell to the floor.
Flashback ends

I tried so hard to rid myself of Palpatine and any memory I shared with him, thus causing me to lose and forget his vital teachings.

As much as I hated to say it, he was right. I've been weak, I've been careless, and now I have people walking all over me from left to right. I lost my wife, my baby, my pride, and now I'm seconds from losing my own life.

I got so lost in my marriage and friendships and the war that I completely forgot who I really am. Darth Vader, Sith Lord and Emperor of the galaxy. I'm the strongest force user to ever live — I have no weaknesses, only unimaginable power. And it's this power that's going to aid me in getting my wife back, so no more crying like a useless fool; this pain I feel over her, that's going to be my fuel to find her.

I'm getting my family back.

It was like a switch in my brain. My adrenaline was pumping, the blood in veins was boiling, and my heart was racing. A surge of energy shot through my hands, blowing the debris away from me and more.

The ceiling was gone. No, an entire section of the roof on the temple was gone.

(Imagine the temple like it's a square donut and you took a bite out of it and now there's this missing section 🤷🏻‍♀️ that's what the temple looks like — I hope this weird example helped with the image😂 I'm also half asleep don't judge me)

(Y/n)'s POV
"Mommy look," The little boy resembling Anakin rushed towards me with his hand closed into a fist. He stopped just in front of me with a wide grin, dimples in the same areas as his father, "I got you something. Open your hand." He giggled with excitement and I did as he requested, a chuckle escaping my throat.

Into my palm, he placed a yellow flower. It was crushed since he had his fist closed tight, but I appreciated the sweet gesture nonetheless, "Wow it's so beautiful baby, thank you." I beamed and his smile grew before he ran off into the field of flowers to bring me more.

"Well this is depressing."

I snapped my head to the voice, and my eyes landed on a black and white figure with red eyes — though I knew who it was, I wasn't sure who he was supposed to be.

"And whose appearance is this?" I eyed him up and down with disgust, "And why are you here in my dreams, this is the only place I get any peace and I'd rather not have you taint it with your unwanted presence." I snapped with an eye roll.

Yes I was dreaming and I knew I was dreaming. It almost felt like reality, and for awhile I thought it was. But you can only be in a dream for so long until you start to realize that that's what it is. Especially when some things are obviously too good to be true. That's when the memories of where I really was surfaced.

So here I've been, trapped in my own mind for god knows how long since time moves differently; five minutes here can be five hours out there.

His red eyes met mine, and he smirked, "Some fella that goes by the name Solo. No one you're familiar with," He shrugged, "And keep talking to me like that and I might just fall in love with you." He winked while scooting a bit closer to me.

"Ew," I grimaced, taking my eyes away from him and gazing at the little boy with a fluttering heart, that also felt empty. It was strange; how could I feel so happy, but utterly devastated at the same time?

"It's because your beloved is dead."

"What?" I snapped my head back in his direction, "There's no way my time is up, I would have given-" I dropped my gaze down to my stomach.

"Relax, if my math is correct you got about six months left, maybe five," He calmed my nerves and I was able to feel myself breathing again. I wouldn't be surprised if in the outside world my heart had temporarily stopped, "I mean in here, in your little fantasy. You have Anakin dead, why do you think he isn't here?" He gestured around the field, "That mind of yours is giving you a sense of reality. You have your kid, but you don't have your man - how sad."

"Mommy look, I made a bouquet!" The child held up over a dozen flowers, all yellow. Anakin's favorite color, "Do you like it?" He smiled and it was as if there was a flash of Anakin's face that was there, but only for a moment before going back to normal.

I slowly nodded, tears pooling at the bottom of my eyes, "Yes sweetie, I love it." I choked on the words before turning to Death, "Do you enjoy this? Tormenting me and reminding me that you plan to take away the one person who gave my life meaning?"

"Believe it or not, no, and I didn't come to torment you either. I actually came because something has caught my attention," He admitted as he leaned back on his elbows, his attention shifting to the child, "Question though, how do you know it's a boy?"

I furrowed my brows as I wiped my tears away, "Intuition," I responded simply, "And what do you mean? What has caught your attention and what does it have to do with me?"

"There's someone who is cheating me," He spoke, and his words only confused me further, "Or cheating death if that makes more sense to you. And I can see horrible things happening because of it, so I actually came here with a proposal I think you'll like."

Instantly my interest was peaked, "What is this proposal?"

"If you can ensure a certain individual is dead before your clock runs out; I'll leave you and your husband alone."

For the first time in so long, a speck of hope sparked in my heart, along with a million questions, "Is this real? Or is this just apart of my fantasy?"

He smirked and morphed into Anakin, and even though I knew it wasn't really my husband, I couldn't stop the butterflies. I missed him so much that I could feel my heart cracking, "I'm real and this offer is real, I'm desperate and I know you'll make it happen because you would do anything to save that man, although I don't see what the hype is about." He added with an irritated eye roll, and I opted to ignore that comment.

"But, you're death, why do you need me?" I asked in confusion, even though I fully intend to accept his offer - but I was curious.

He looked away and bit the inside of his cheek, "I can't touch them, only living beings can which is clearly an issue." He sighed as he glanced up to the sky that began to cloud over, rain drops hitting both of our faces, "And if they don't get taken care of, the entire galaxy will become a ruin and although I do like the idea of a massacre. I can't have everyone dead, it'll ruin the balance and even I will eventually cease to exist."

I sat up on my knees and turned my body in his direction, "If you promise me that you won't take Anakin, I will do anything you ask."

He smiled slowly, "I promise he will be off limits to me, and I'll also make sure you get woken up soon. I happen to know where you are and I can whisper into a few ears."

Now fully believing him and the burning desire to save Anakin rising, I asked the only question I now had in my my mind, "Who do I need to kill?"

༻✦༺
Hope you liked it and I'm SO sorry for the wait❤️
༻✦༺

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

51.5K 1.6K 31
"Your Padawan was weak, like you. So I killed her," said the Togruta, circling Anakin's interrogation chair. Anakin finally looked at her in disbelie...
10K 209 26
Y/n and Anakin grew up together on Tatooine. They both had felt a spark for each other growing up. Anakin and y/n had both had a skill for building...
18.6K 941 33
(Next book after Without Them, so I recommend you read that one first) The Empire is getting stronger. Darth Vader and the Emperor like using me as a...
3.4K 42 44
❝Well, I've been saving you since we were kids so I won't stop now❞ Emmesere Donndern and Anakin Skywalker had been slaves together until they were r...