Behind Black Shades (DISCONTI...

CrabRangoonie tarafından

After going to a popular nightclub a few times with a friend, you start to gain an attraction towards the mos... Daha Fazla

Characters + Settings
Chapter 1: The Bet
Chapter 3: Rendezvous
Chapter 4: Date Planning 4 Dummiez
Chapter 5: (Y/N) The Worker Bee
Summit's Nightmares (short)
Chapter 6: Date (1/2)
Chapter 7: Date (2/2)
Chapter 8: A Smile As Warm As Coffee
Chapter 9: Droplets On The Window
Summit's Nightmares Pt. 2
Chapter 10: Tagging Along (1/2)
Chapter 11: Tagging Along (2/2)
Chapter 12: Pancakes And Errands
Milestones
Chapter 13: Breakdown Burgers
Chapter 14: Summit The Worker Wolf
Chapter 15: A Dead Car Battery
its over
Physical Connection (REVISED)

Chapter 2: S. Snowden

1.3K 30 22
CrabRangoonie tarafından

Friday
9:12 PM
Club Stratus, Moonlight District, NMC

You and Hailey were still in the car, despite pulling up to the club maybe a few minutes ago. You were practicing to ask out the bouncer, while Hailey watched and critiqued your technique.

That sentence, "ask out the bouncer," just sounded off. You couldn't think of anyone who's asked out...just security personnel in general. But guess who was going to be the first...that's right, a slightly workaholic newspaper editor who's never dated anyone before. Despite all that, you were ready to sweep this wolf off of his feet with your ✨sweet talking✨...that was also laden with stutters and stammers.

"Okay, you're almost there (Y/N). Try again." Hailey said.

She had been coaching you on this, and you had been taking mental notes. You weren't going to lie to yourself and say that you weren't in it for the two thousand dollars only, but it was clouding your mind at the moment.

"Okay, whew, trying again. Do the face again." you said.

Hailey put on a pair of sunglasses, and put on a stern expression, trying to imitate the bouncer.

"Aight, now start. Remember, you're just asking him on a date." Hailey said.

"As if saying I'm 'just' asking him on a date is downplaying my anxiety, but okay." you said, taking one last deep breath before shooting your mock-shot.

Just then, that same nervous pain settled in your stomach, and your vocal chords started to feel weak, somehow.

"H-Hi. Um, I know you don't know me, but..."

As you paused, Hailey raised her brow while keeping the same stone faced expression. This did not help with the stress.

"I-I uh, thought you were pretty handsome, and I was wondering if you'd...l-like to go out sometime? If you swing, y'know, the other way. It's fine if you don't-"

"No! Stop! That last part doesn't need to happen. Just end with the 'swinging the other way' part, and then wait for your response." Hailey said.

"Okay, leave out the last part, got it." you said.

"Wait, how am I going to go about this, though, just walk out of line and just go up to him?" you ask.

"Yep. Come on, so you can get your two thousand, and possibly a boyfriend." Hailey said, stepping out of the car.

"Okay..." you say.

You both step out of the car, and jog across the street towards the long line of patrons. You and Hailey wait in the line for a moment, so you can de-stress before making the scariest decision of your life.

That was an exaggeration, but this still was pretty damn nerve racking.

After settling you're breathing, you decided that you would wait a little bit before going towards your potential boyfriend.

Which went down faster than expected, so eventually you had to confront your nervousness.

"Okay, how ya doin'? You ready?" Hailey asked.

"Lemme just..." you said, taking a deep exhale.

"Okay." you said, finally ready to ask out someone for the first time in your twenty-seven years on this planet.

You and Hailey step out of line, which was fine since you came from all the way in the back. You hoped to god that it was a long walk, which is sort of was.

You took more breaths to calm down, and as the cold air entered your lungs, the warm air from your exhales felt like stress leaving your body in the form of little clouds.

By now, you has gained a fair amount of confidence, but didn't want to show it as to not look exceedingly cocky.

You kept your hands out of your pockets. As much as you wanted to put them in there, you really had no idea if the security guard you were walking up to would assume you had something in your pockets.

Not gonna lie, that may be overthinking. But then again, you didn't know if this dude could be on constant lookout or not, so you felt it was a necessary precaution.

Hailey sped up a little bit to try and get the large canine's attention. You stood back and watched as she said something to him that you couldn't hear. He even had to bend down to her level so she could whisper something to him.

It was then you looked closer and saw a little sleek metal tag on the left side of his black suit vest. It said:

S. Snowden
Stratus Security

Well, now you at least knew what his name was. So you can finally stop referring to him as simply "the bouncer."

After a little bit of time, Hailey pulled away from Snowden's ear, and returned to your side.

"Okay, so I didn't tell him exactly what you're asking for, but I did say you wanted to talk to him." she said.

"Okay...I got this, right?" you say.

"Don't ask me, go up there and see for yourself! I'll be right here, I already got Venmo open." Hailey said, waving her phone.

Your chest felt weird. Like it was shivering, but it was just the inside of your chest. Your head was throbbing as well. Not in pain, just throbbing.

You made your way towards the large canine, who had to be near 7 feet tall, which just made you even more intimidated.

At this point, you're finally in proximity to Snowden, his large, white-furred figure engulfed in purple neon light from the club sign above him. One thing you noted were the shades he wore. They looked rather pointed and futuristic, and they were practically pitch black, even under the light.

You wondered where he was looking. He could be looking at the sky, at the ground, directly into your eyes, heck he could be asleep.

Before you could speak, he said something first.

"You must be the one that Ms. Nguyen was talking about. How can I help you?" Snowden said, his deep, booming voice making your brain vibrate.

"Yeah, I-wait, you know Hailey?" you ask.

"She's a regular, I'm quite familiar with her." he said.

"Oh."

"So...did you need something from me?" he asked.

"Oh, right, um..."

You struggled to find your words. Here your "crush" was right in front of you, all six feet and ten inches of him.

Did you even have a chance? Oh well, time to put Hailey's coaching to use.

"So, I-I know you don't really know me, but...I was wondering if you..."

Snowden raised his brow. Whether it was it was in anticipation or annoyance you did not know. You took one last deep breath.

"I just...I think that you're...very handsome, and I was wondering if you'd, uh, like to...go on a date with me." you said.

He raised his eyes in surprise, and you felt like you had maybe messed up.

"I-If you, y'know, swing that way. It's fine if you-"

He slowly holds up one of his large hands, politely asking you to stop talking. You oblige, and shut your lips.

"It's fine." he said.

It...it was? Is this actually gonna go well? Wait, (Y/N), don't jinx it, just let Snowden speak.

He takes the shades off of his face, and looks you directly in the eyes.

His eyes were a very beautiful color. A nice, refreshing shade of blue. Like ocean water.

"You'd be surprised, but I do indeed rather enjoy the company of men." he says, although in a hushed tone, likely to avoid too much attention.

Your eyes widened.

"I'd be open to going on a date." Snowden says.

"Oh! Uh, great!" you said, trying to hide your excitement. Some for that two thousand dollars you were promised, but mostly the fact that you scored a date with a guy that you felt was light years out of your league.

"So...a-are you okay to discuss a time right now, or did you want to wait until later?"

Snowden, while putting his shades back on, spoke again.

"My colleague and I are to be rotated with other security personnel at midnight. If you are free then, that would be my ideal time." Snowden says.

"Y-Yeah, I can meet back at midnight. Will you still be out here by the doors, or like...somewhere else?"

"I will be standing in front of the building next door to us. The longest I can wait for you is fifteen minutes, after that I must leave, I'm afraid." he said.

You checked your phone. It was a quarter till ten (9:45).

"I can make that." you said.

"Good. I am sorry we aren't able to discuss this now, but as you can see I must continue with my work." Snowden said.

"Yeah, I understand. I'll uh, leave you to it. I should be out here by...twelve o'five." you said.

Snowden simply nodded before straightening his posture and looking ahead again.

You retreated back to the line, all the way to the back where Hailey was waiting.

"Aight, what happened, how'd it go?" she asked.

You tried to stay straight faced, but you immediately started smiling.

"He said yes!" you said.

"Oh my god, he di-no you're fuckin' with me." Hailey said incredulously.

"I'm not, swear! He said he wanted to meet back out at twelve since he rotates with other bouncers then! I gotta leave early, but I still did it!" you said.

Hailey raised both of her hands for a double high five, which you gladly reciprocated.

"See, it wasn't that bad! Now you have a hot date, and money!" Hailey said happily.

By then, you had forgotten about the money. You were so happy with how the date request went that your success had taken over your thoughts.

She pulled out her phone and tapped on it for a moment, before a Venmo notification appeared on your phone.

'Hailey paid you $2,000.00. -Money can be exchanged for goods and services,' and yada yada yada.

You smirked and put away your device.

"Oh, how are you getting home? Did you need me to leave early to get you back?" Hailey asked.

"Nah, that's fine, I'll just get a cab." you said.

You and Hailey got back in line and waited to enter the club. Even for the limited amount of time you'd be in The Moonlight District, you were still gonna have fun.

You could try to focus on clubbing, but you knew what you were really excited about. A certain wolf by the name of...

S. Snowden.

End of  "S. Snowden."

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

711K 20.2K 29
First book of the series. This is my first boyxboy story, I hope you guys will like it. Sorry if you will find any mistakes in my gramma if you'll s...
63.7K 3.4K 64
You've been living as a ghost for what feels like decades now. You live as a shadow in a dead town waiting in this infernal limbo, trying to keep a...
10.4K 132 5
You had recently graduated High School, and were planning to just to take rest of the week slowly, when you are unexpectantly invited to an "end-of-s...
15.2M 592K 78
(Complete) After Seren is assaulted by someone in her friend group, she begins to fall deeper into the depths of her depression. No one seems to noti...