The Merman and the Princess...

By Adri-Pearl

"Sea and land may lie between us, but my heart is always there with you" ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••... More

Presenting
Chapter 2: The Boy On The Beach
Chapter 3: A secret revealed
Chapter 4: A day of lessons
Chapter 5: The general's estate
Chapter 6: Glowing shapes of the sea
Chapter 7: A knockout blow
Chapter 8: A coze with the Sea
Chapter 9: The vexatious queen
Chapter 10: The Boat and candlestick
Chapter 11: A fountain tells no lies
Chapter 12: The dashing soldier
Chapter 13: A sea of monsters
Chapter 14: Malcom's warning
Chapter 15: The Floating Lights
Chapter 16: The Court of Vipers
Chapter 17: Setting Sail
Chapter 18: The journey to Olympus
Chapter 19: The Banquet
Chapter 20: The cliffside
Chapter 21: Intricate silence
Chapter 22: Head and Heart
Chapter 23: Prince of Tides
Chapter 24: The dreaded interruption
Chapter 25: The Ball (part one)
Chapter 26: The Ball (Part Two)
Chapter 27: Glittering Jewels
Chapter 28: Politics and Problems
Chapter 29: Intoxication
Chapter 30: Utopian dreams
Chapter 31: The Truth
Chapter 32: Land and Sea
Chapter 33: The Prince's return
Chapter 34: Dawn of an age
Epilogue: One
Epilogue: Two

Chapter 1: The Deal With The Sea Witch

2.8K 43 425
By Adri-Pearl

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Percy was gliding through the waters, the ocean way too quiet for his liking today.
It was normally bustling with activity, mermaids and merman's dancing or the chatter of the fish as they swam away from the sharks.

It was almost as if it knew of the decision he was making. And the fact that it was nightfall was probably a factor.

His nerves got the best of him, causing him to slow down in pace. His anxious heart beat and racing thoughts did little to help him either.

Percy loved his home. He loved the ocean and everything it offered.
He loved the feeling of exploring it and discovering a new place almost every time.

But the young prince, couldn't shake the feeling of wanting more.
More than his home could offer him.

He turned, making sure again, that he was not being followed. The moon offered just a glimmer of light in the depths of the ocean.

His eyes could feel even though the dim light as he swam fasted and faster, just in case his father's guard or even Bessie the Ophiotaurus had followed him.

As he swam in silence, Prince Perseus couldn't get her gray eyes off his mind. It had been nearly twenty-four moons since he had seen those eyes. And yet it hadn't stopped him from dreaming about it every night since.

And that was just a part of the reason he was doing this. He couldn't take it anymore, he had to explore the surface. Even if his mystery lady would never be seen again.

The water turned dark, the life around him scarce was as he swam towards the underwater caverns, feeling the pressure increase as he swiftly moved his tale towards the one with the glowing green hue.

Near its entrance, stood a giant eel.

"Your highness," it hissed, giving its best imitation of a bow despite its lack of a spine, "My mistress has been expecting you," it parted from the mouth of the entrance.

Percy tentatively entered, careful not to make a noise.

The tales of Circe's magic spread through almost every corner of the seven seas. But people seldom sought her out in fear of ending up dead, or worse.
She, after all, was a very powerful mermaid, practiced in the dark arts for near centuries. How she had been alive so long, nobody knew.

She was different from how Percy had imagined, however. Instead of a monstrous-looking sea witch, there stood a very beautiful mermaid with long dark hair braided with threads of gold and piercing green eyes. Her tail, however, was a dark shimmering purple, as he'd never seen before.

"Princelinggg," she purred, "I have been watching you. What's on your mind?" she mused out loud, gracefully gliding over to a glowing orb, the one which lit up the cave.

"I...is it possible to turn me into a human? For a while?" he asked her, his heart pounding in his chest. Good, no need for introductions. This would be quick.

He'd spent a long time tracking her down until he finally came upon a particular starfish who used to be a whale, before its interaction with the feared Circe.
It narrated its story to him shortly before it died.

"Of course it is....and I can bring you closer to the woman you love, for a price," she said, running her hand along the orb.

Percy looked at her with confusion. How did she know of the mystery  girl?

He found himself, again, back to thinking about her eyes. It had always been his dream to explore the surface, with the lady he saved and her blonde hair bouncing as she walked alongside him.

"How do I know you're telling the truth? This could all be a hoax," the young prince reasoned, trying to find a reason to stay under the sea.

His mother had always told him to follow his heart. And his heart had wanted to explore the surface.

He greatly admired the surface, for what it offered. Striking colors were everywhere, and so was a flurry of activity and a plethora of smells.

"I've been watching you, child. Do not doubt my powers," she ushered him over. And for whatever absurd reason, he went towards her, finding himself drawn to her orb.

She placed a finger on her glowing orb, and it flashed a bright gold.

"Look. Isn't she who your heart yearns for," Circe asked him as he peered into the ball, its glowing edges melting into an image. The light of the orb made Circe's skin almost look translucent, her black as night veins shimmered underneath.

Percy suppressed a shiver as he looked at the image. Of the day he first saw her and helped as her ship sunk beneath the waves

She is a witch! he told himself.

Somehow, he found the courage, found his voice to ask, "what is the price you seek?"

The sea witch didn't answer his question, "She's princess Annabeth, daughter of Athena. Your father's greatest foe. Do you really wish to proceed?"

"As for as I know, the sea's are no longer at war with Athens. Queen Athena is dead and as far as I'm concerned, so is the problem," the information sunk into his mind, a dull pain clung to his heart.

The sea witch cackled, clapping her hands together, "Does your father share this sentiment, prince?"

"What is the price?" Percy felt his heart drop as if it was being pulled down by a great force. He shook it off long enough to answer.

"Your voice," she said, finally turning those piercing green eyes towards him. She looked him up and down as a predator would when scanning its prey, "that's my price."

Annabeth, he let her name sink in.

The daughter of Queen Athena.

Her war with King Poseidon went back decades. His father had told him many stories of the surface, and of his long history with the queen almost as tumultuous as the ocean.

However, nobody knew where they stood after the death of the Queen of Athens. Not even the royal family.

The same way nobody knew where the young prince was right now. Not even his trusted Blackjack.

Percy thought about the seahorse and how worried he would be if he disappeared.

He thought about his mother and newborn sister. His brother Tyson and even his father. They would not know where he went. Or where he was.

Just a while, he promised himself. He had nearly 24 moons to make this decision, and he was ready. Even before he ever met her, he longed to explore what lay above the ocean floor.

He had every intention of leaving this daughter of Athena when he had to finally return. After all, it was just curiosity that drove him to her, he always reasoned.

Yes

he decided. He would still listen to his heart, the one which yearned for adventure. For the marvelous allure of the unknown.

"How do I know if you can truly do it?" he asked her.

Circe let out a cackle, that did a lot to confirm his suspicions that she was a sea witch, "I could turn you into a Guinea pig if you wish. Like I've done for the mightiest of pirates."

"What is a...Guinea pig?" Percy asked her, trying to figure out what this terrifying creature could be.

The sea witch just shook her hand, as if waving the question away.

"I need your word that it is temporary. And that the spell will wear off and I may return to my original form," he told her, looking her in the eyes. He pushed his curiosity for this guniea pig creature aside.

"You have my word, and I'll take yours. The spell can be reversed at any time, if you touch the waters of the sea," Circe answered, stroking his throat as she hummed an ancient tune.

The heir apparent felt a piercing, blinding pain. As If he was walking on broken glass. He blinked back tears, his vision blurring as the Sea-Witch continued her chanting.

"Enjoy the surface, princeling," she cackled and Percy's world faded to black.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Why do I keep doing this to myself?? I have exams to study for and I keep writing Percabeth stuff 😭
(Worth it)

And here you go.....Changing-the-World
You're a gem!

And thank you everyone for the support made my lil evil heart happy 🥺💫

(Published 8/2/22 -12:47am)

Updates every....Thursday?

Hope you guys liked the first chapter! Do lemme know if there are any suggestions or ideas!

Stay tuned!!!

---S

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5K 211 9
"Woah. Calm your tits, big man." "(M/n), please, just shut up." Follow (M/n) on his journey through the Percy Jackson unive...
35.7K 804 48
Love? Annabeth never believed in it. Her mother abandoned her, her love life was in the dumpster. But love is known to be found in the strangest of p...
28.9K 510 8
What if Percy didn't remember Annabeth? Percabeth fanfic, I'm not sure how many parts this will be or if I'll even continue, just let me know what yo...
18.9K 599 35
**Sequel in the Wisdom and Wizards series** If you haven't read the first it's Saving Wisdom and Wizards! ~~~ Everyone believes that Percy Jackson is...