Tense

howtosellmysoul

"I love you." "Oh?" "In a non-bro sort of way, y'know? Full homo." ~~~ Kai and Roan are a lot of things. B... Еще

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Epilogue
Character Portraits
Bonus Chapter #1 : Part A
Bonus Chapter #1 : Part B
Bonus Chapter #2
Spin Off
Spin Off - Kingsley
Q & A
Spin The Bottle [Kai's POV]
The Wedding
Kai Meets Jake [Kai's POV]
Regret [Kai's POV]
The Glasses Stay On [NSFW]
Leo's Birthday
First Boyfriend
Kingsley × Tucker

Chapter Fifteen

108K 4.5K 2.7K
howtosellmysoul

"I want to do something different." Kai said as he looked up from his phone.

"Huh?" Roan replied, "We can play Age of Empires instead of FIFA."

"Nah, not video games," Kai sat up straight on the bed as he furrowed his brows like he was in deep thought, "Let's go out somewhere."

"Out? To the mall?" Roan asked.

"No, come on, think out of the box," Kai licked his lower lip, "What's something we haven't done before?"

"Skydiving?"

"Shut up," Kai rolled his eyes, "Something that we can possibly do today."

"Go on a date?" Roan asked.

"You're funny," Kai chuckled, "How about we drive to the beach?"

"Today?" Roan frowned.

"Yeah, we can leave in an hour and reach before sunset. And then we can come back tomorrow around the same time. It's the weekend!" Kai said excitedly.

"Moms won't be cool with such an impromptu plan and you know it. They'll need our entire itinerary and atleast a three day notice. Maybe we can go next weekend?" Roan offered.

"But I wanna go today," Kai frowned, "They don't have to know. Just tell them we're staying at my place. Or Khaled's. They might call my parents but they don't have his parents' number."

"You know that I don't like lying to them.."

"Come on, a little white lie never hurt anyone." Kai said.

"Kai.."

"We're eighteen and we're going to be moving away and living in a new city in a few months anyway. What's a quick trip to the beach? It's only a couple hours drive," Kai replied, "Where's your spontaneity, Ro?"

"I can just tell them. Lucia probably won't mind but Bets might have a problem." Roan said.

"If they say no then we won't be able to use the Khaled lie, they'll know what we're upto!" Kai reasoned.

"Why are you so insistent on going? Why not just wait a week?" Roan asked.

"I have a calculus pop quiz next Monday. And a couple of pending assignments," Kai shrugged, "I'll do your economics homework if you agree to the plan."

"I like economics," Roan muttered, "Fine."

"Wait— really?'

"But you're paying for the gas." Roan sighed.

"I'll pay for the hotel too," Kai grinned, "There was some festival in India and Nana just sent a cheque to her favourite grandson."

"You're her only grandchild.."

"And her favourite!"

~~~

Around three hours later, Kai and Roan checked into the hotel that Kai had called an hour prior to make sure they had a room, which thankfully they did. Roan had been uneasy about their little trip, especially since he didn't like lying to his moms, but looking at Kai's face once the two boys changed into swimming shorts and headed towards the beach made it all worth it.

Ever since Kai told Roan about his parents fighting, the brunette had been over at his place most nights. Sometimes he'd only come over right before bedtime, just to sleep. Those were the nights when his mom came back from work late. Kai loved spending time with his dad, he'd always been much closer to him since the older man worked from home. But as soon as his mom would come home, the arguments would start.

Just yesterday Kai was telling Roan how they had a massive fight in front of him over too much salt in the food. Food that they had ordered for dinner.

"Come on, stop sulking now," Kai said as the two were walking, "We're here now. Might as well enjoy, y'know?"

"I hope you know if you ever get arrested then I'm not bailing you out." Roan mumbled.

"Where did that come from?" Kai chuckled, making Roan huff, "Also you wouldn't be able to bail me out because you'd most likely be in the cell next to me."

"You're a bad influence, Nahar." Roan said.

"Then stop being so impressionable, MacElroy." Kai retorted.

"We're going to be playing Rainbow Six for a month now." Roan stated.

"I hate that game." Kai groaned.

"Exactly." Roan shrugged.

"Okay, okay, whatever you say, Ro," Kai shook his head, "You won't hate me as much when I help you get laid tonight."

"Help me get laid?" Roan raised a brow at his best friend as the two arrived at the beach.

"Yep. Totally gonna wingman the shit out of you tonight."

"Why are we even at the beach in the evening?" Roan asked.

"To chill here for a bit before having dinner at this shack on the beach Marco told me about. Has great crispy prawns. We can come back to the beach tomorrow morning to get that sun," Kai looked at his side to glance at the blonde, "Your pale ass really needs it."

"Shut up." Roan muttered.

The two sat down on the sheet that Roan insisted on carrying, stating that he didn't want sand getting stuck in his ass crack. The best friends looked out at the ocean in silence for a while, before Kai broke the silence about asking questions about Roan's love slash sex life.

Roan really wasn't in the mood to talk about that. Kai had been giving him mixed signals ever since the night of the party when Kai wanted to kiss him, even though it was for a game. And maybe it was a game in the beginning, but feelings were involved now and Roan didn't know how to deal with them.

The lines between their relationship was so blurred now, that Roan couldn't help but feel clueless. Kai was constantly hot and cold. One minute he'd be wreathing in pleasure underneath Roan, begging the blonde to touch him, and the next minute he'd talk about how he was straight and they're just friends.

Best friends.

Kai would also keep asking Roan about his dating life. He'd be excited to hear about it at first, even badger Roan to open up. But as soon as Roan would show the slighest interest in anyone— Kai would start acting like a jealous boyfriend.

Roan wanted to confront him. He liked keepings things simple. But whenever he would try, Kai would deflect the topic one way or the other. Usually he would bring up his parents, and then Roan would have no choice but to drop the matter.

"I'm gonna go get us some beers." Kai said as the two got up.

"We're not twenty one and we don't have fake IDs." Roan replied. The two were walking to the bar they heard some people talking about.

"I'll just charm them then." Kai shrugged like it was no big deal.

"Right," Roan scoffed, and Kai looked at him with a fake offended look, "Leave the drinks to me."

"I knew you'd come around." Kai smirked.

"Shut up. You're still paying." Roan muttered.

Roan then told Kai to get them a table. The place was crowded so Roan doubted the brunette would be able to do that. Roan took out his phone as he walked towards the bar counter. He hesitated for a second, but he opened his inbox and typed out a message.

To : Mom | From : Roan

im not at khaled's. kai and I drove down to the beach. be back tomorrow evening.

To : Roan | From : Mom

Are you safe? Do you have enough money?

To : Mom | From : Roan

yes and yes.

To : Roan | From : Mom

Okay. Stay safe. We'll talk tomorrow once you're back. Take care of Kai.

Roan sighed. He knew Kai sometimes got out of control if drunk. Nothing too extreme, but he was a bit to handle. He was uncomfortable by the idea of no one knowing where they were just in case of an emergency. So he knew that texting his mom, Lucia, would be the right move. Betty would get ballistic and drive down despite it being night and get the boys, but Lucia would be calmer about the ordeal.

After texting his mom back and wishing her goodnight, he kept his phone back in his pocket and put his game face on as the bartender walked to him.

"Hey," Roan smiled at the twenty something year old bartender, "Two beers, please."

"ID?" She asked as she looked Roan up and down. Not to check him out, but because she was clearly suspicious about his age.

"Left it in my hotel room." Roan replied.

"Convenient." She chuckled.

"Come on, can't you make an exception for once?" Roan asked as he leaned forward, giving her another sly smile.

"Boy, you have no idea how many freshmen college boys try to flirt drinks out from me," She said as she rolled her eyes, "Tell me if you'd like something non alcoholic or keep moving, pretty boy."

"Oh," Roan straightened his back, he had to change his tactic now, "I wasn't flirting with you, I mean, no offense but I'm here with my boyfriend. Well, not boyfriend yet but I'm working on it."

"Oh." The bartender replied, suddenly not looking at Roan with as much contempt.

"It's fine," Roan pressed his lips in a thin line, "I'll just have two cokes then."

"Okay," She replied as she turned around, she returned after a few seconds with two beer bottles in her hand, "If anyone asks, I ID'ed you, 'kay?"

"Has anyone ever told you that you're an angel?" Roan said.

"No, but," The bartender paused for a minute to write down something on her notepad before tearing the page and handing it to Roan, "You can tell that to my brother Oliver if things don't work out with your crush."

"Will do." Roan smirked as he pocketed the piece of paper.

***

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

5.6K 294 8
"I kissed a boy just to start shit," he murmured into my ear, nibbling on the lobe slightly, just enough to set my deepest desires aflame. I squirme...
Playing With the King (SAMPLE) Queen of Quotes

Подростковая литература

2.1M 33.9K 19
Finn had finally done it. He had saved enough money to attend the town's all-boys school. After years of bullying from the public school, he was ecst...
A Kiss Under The Stars [BxB] COMPLETED K :)

Подростковая литература

268K 8.6K 60
A Kiss Under The Stars "I never wanted to fall in love, i never needed someone by my side. I really didn't want anything, but then i met him, I start...
1.4K 53 10
----------------------- Y/N had just moved to a very new place, he didn't know what to expect. Y/N didn't want to, but he had to. So, this meant new...